Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Official Houston Texans Draft Days Discussion Thread

Running Back has been talked up a lot. I don't see it happening in the 2nd round.

I'd love it if they did, which is why I know they won't

For me it's not about the player, but it seems once again a team gets the 1 up on the Texans (perception). The Jets specifically jumped in front of the Texans.
Perception?

If that was "perception" it was probably a smoke screen.

Still, if the Texans were planning to take Hall here, I'm glad they didn't panic & take the "next" RB.

Perception?

If that was "perception" it was probably a smoke screen.

Still, if the Texans were planning to take Hall here, I'm glad they didn't panic & take the "next" RB.
Teams have jumped in front of the Texans to get a player that most (draft pundits) think the Texans were targeting. Of course no one knows the Texans board but 2014 and 2019 come to mind.

For me it's not about the player, but it seems once again a team gets the 1 up on the Texans (perception). The Jets specifically jumped in front of the Texans.

I think people make too much of being jumped in front of at times. Those teams have to jump in front of someone and it may not even be the Texans they are trying to jump...

It could be one of the teams that pick right after the Texans.

The team that "jumped them" could have approached a few teams about moving up...

The thing is, rarely do you see teams jump up one spot....Which is what the Texans would have had to do to keep this other team from jumping ahead of them...Or who knows...Maybe that other team hears wind that the Texans are going to move up one spot and then jump them anyways...

Or maybe the Texans didn't care about the other team jumping them because they got a guy they wanted anyways...

:shrug:

Only Cameron Thomas edge can I see Houston trading up for and he might fall to 68. Sam Williams may not be Houston worthy but I would be interested in him at 80 .

Only Cameron Thomas edge can I see Houston trading up for and he might fall to 68. Sam Williams may not be Houston worthy but I would be interested in him at 80 .

At this point i’d prefer signing Rasheem Green and add Deangelo Malone or Myjai Sanders at 80 or 107 range.

We need more help on the offense. I'd like to see another decent o-lineman taken.

Lastly .... Thorn, you have a gift for understatements .... and evaluation skills ! There are no more great or even good offensive linemen available this year .... only decent ones !

Back