Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The OFFICIAL Hate Thread

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
& that's different from most coaches how?
I think it’s worse than most coaches. If memory serves, we are good for 5-6 wins in the division and scrape a few more to end somewhere with 7,8, or 9 wins. Getting an extra 2-3 wins outside the division isn’t what most coaches hang their hat on to get an extension.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I think it’s worse than most coaches. If memory serves, we are good for 5-6 wins in the division and scrape a few more to end somewhere with 7,8, or 9 wins. Getting an extra 2-3 wins outside the division isn’t what most coaches hang their hat on to get an extension.
OB has had wins of 9,9,9 4 and already 9 again with 3 games to go. Most coaches would be ecstatic with that

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Tell that to the fired Indy, Tenn, Jacksonville coaches who couldn't even manage that much
Thank you for underscoring my point and giving another reason why it’s been an easy division to win in. The failed GMs and coaches of other teams have made it easy to walk into the playoffs with Hoyer and Osweiler.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Tell that to the fired Indy, Tenn, Jacksonville coaches who couldn't even manage that much
Curious, what is it that you would describe as strengths from OB? I defended him a lot for his first 3 years as HC, but I fail to see how he has really evolved much.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Thank you for underscoring my point and giving another reason why it’s been an easy division to win in. The failed GMs and coaches of other teams have made it easy to walk into the playoffs with Hoyer and Osweiler.
Here are the numbers that tell the whole story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.battleredblog.com/platform/amp/2017/11/7/16614626/the-argument-against-retaining-bill-obrien

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
This shitty division put two teams into the playoffs last season and only has one losing team this year..

Half our losses this season have come against the division.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
This shitty division put two teams into the playoffs last season and only has one losing team this year..

Half our losses this season have come against the division.
To catch you up I am talking about the wins that OB can get outside of this shitty division and what his record is.

The point is count on him to get the W against sub 500 teams. Against teams above 500 outside of our division not named the Bengals - good luck.

And as you have pointed out - what is the offense besides predictable?

Run first. It works when you have Gurley or Elliot. With us - well we will get you that 1 yard.

I do have a suspicion based on the game against he Titans we will change it up in the playoffs. OB tries to be that guy that tries to keep plays secret.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
to remain semi objective when you take out Fuller and Coutee this offense has to become that "balanced attack" style for self preservation really. Whenever the team has a field stretcher or just a guy who is quick enough to get open on his own it turns the offense into what it naturally seems to gravitate towards, big play, high risk/high reward but constantly moving down field. That has been what my general understanding of the NE style of EP .. able to morph to any game plan .. able to adapt to any scenario, but if you cant count on your WRs to be healthy for half the year, then its going to make it difficult when so much of what O'Brien and these newer EP guys are doing is based on 3-4 wideout, spread type passing. If the defense doesnt have to respect the wideout, then you get what you saw on Sunday. double up on Hopkins and the rest of the guys are easy to cover.

I'd even say finding some dynamic WR talent would be at the top of my to do list for next year I just dont trust Fuller or Coutee to be 'that' guy when we need it most.

Texas Jake

Rookie
to remain semi objective when you take out Fuller and Coutee this offense has to become that "balanced attack" style for self preservation really. Whenever the team has a field stretcher or just a guy who is quick enough to get open on his own it turns the offense into what it naturally seems to gravitate towards, big play, high risk/high reward but constantly moving down field. That has been what my general understanding of the NE style of EP .. able to morph to any game plan .. able to adapt to any scenario, but if you cant count on your WRs to be healthy for half the year, then its going to make it difficult when so much of what O'Brien and these newer EP guys are doing is based on 3-4 wideout, spread type passing. If the defense doesnt have to respect the wideout, then you get what you saw on Sunday. double up on Hopkins and the rest of the guys are easy to cover.

I'd even say finding some dynamic WR talent would be at the top of my to do list for next year I just dont trust Fuller or Coutee to be 'that' guy when we need it most.
Spot on. Fuller has historically proven he can't stay on the field and with Coutee we don't know if this season is the exception or the rule.

bigmck

Rookie
I had to rescue this thread from the Second Page. There is just too much hate in this group to let this thread die. :)

Texas Jake

Rookie
I hate that we have 4 pro bowl starters .. possibly 2 all pro's .. 5 pro bowl alternate .. a DROY candidate .. and yet people say we dont have enough to win this year?
There is a lot of talent. If we just weren't so thin at CB and O-line. That said, if Fuller and Coutee were both healthy I would feel pretty good about our chances

Reactions: JB

Uncle Rico

There is a lot of talent. If we just weren't so thin at CB and O-line. That said, if Fuller and Coutee were both healthy I would feel pretty good about our chances
I feel GREAT about our chances. I like our starting CBs. Colvin was supposed to be the nickle corner who could have challenged for a starting CB spot, whoooops. Hal could be used as the nickle corner IMO getting closer to playoff time. The OLine is what the OLine has been all year though, I mean we're crying about spilled milk. You can game plan and account for a bad offensive line, hopefully Bill starts doing some of that. Im more concerned with the depleted receiving corps, but even then not that worried because we have the best game winning drive QB in the NFL this year.

Texas Jake

Rookie
I feel GREAT about our chances. I like our starting CBs. Colvin was supposed to be the nickle corner who could have challenged for a starting CB spot, whoooops. Hal could be used as the nickle corner IMO getting closer to playoff time. The OLine is what the OLine has been all year though, I mean we're crying about spilled milk. You can game plan and account for a bad offensive line, hopefully Bill starts doing some of that. Im more concerned with the depleted receiving corps, but even then not that worried because we have the best game winning drive QB in the NFL this year.
I am not sure how we stack up against the other playoff teams. I am eager to see. To win it all the players and coaches will all have to be on top of their game. I am not confident they can do it, but I am also not saying they can't. I definitely have not given up on this season.

Uncle Rico

I hate how shitty our offense is in the red zone. This is just with 'goal to go' situations:

I also hate that if our defense gets backed up then its almost certainly going to be a score:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I hate that we have 4 pro bowl starters .. possibly 2 all pro's .. 5 pro bowl alternate .. a DROY candidate .. and yet people say we dont have enough to win this year?
I hate the pro bowl.

And people who actually think this offense would be better if only Kubiak was still here.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I hate the pro bowl.

And people who actually think this offense would be better of only Kubiak was still here.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Offense would look better if Kubiak were still here... OL may still suck, but receivers would be schemed open and TE's and RB's utilized in the passing game, and that even you can't deny
And they would probably have a worse record.

Or do you think they would have 10 or more wins since Kubiak only did that twice in 8 yrs?

Texas Jake

Rookie
And they would probably have a worse record.

Or do you think they would have 10 or more wins since Kubiak only did that twice in 8 yrs?
It is really a question that can not be answered. Would Kubiak's offense score more points? Possibly. Has O'Brien got more wins out of this team than Kubiak could have? Again quite possibly.

Things to think about:
1) O'Brien offensively has tried to control the clock and minimize turnovers. This strategy has contributed to our winning streak I believe. Not always sexy, but effective. Much of what O'Brien has done that is quite unpopular has been done to cover holes in this roster and IMHO he has done a very good job of winning in spite of some glaring issues. He may not have done it the way some would have liked, but we are in position to claim the #2 seed in the AFC with two games left. That is hard to argue against (though I am sure some will).
2) O'Brien has instilled a toughness in this team that Kubiak did not. I think the late season collapses by some of Kubiak's teams demonstrates this.

Max

Veteran
2) O'Brien has instilled a toughness in this team that Kubiak did not. I think the late season collapses by some of Kubiak's teams demonstrates this.
Would a collapse today or in the playoffs have you question your 'toughness' take? I'm not talking about losing a competitive game, but a collapse. I've always felt like BOB's toughness melts in the big games and I'm really hoping to be shown differently today.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Would a collapse today or in the playoffs have you question your 'toughness' take? I'm not talking about losing a competitive game, but a collapse. I've always felt like BOB's toughness melts in the big games and I'm really hoping to be shown differently today.
Nope,

I'm frankly amazed that with the injuries at WR/CB and the OL that sucks that BOB has gotten 10 wins out of this team.

Texas Jake

Rookie
A collapse would call it into question. A single loss would not.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
We needed Juice going into the playoffs, BOB gives us cool aide

Fails against the colts
Statement game vs birds and we fail again

Bengals are not in playoffs to hand us a free win too. This sucks

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I wanted to revive this topic since it hasn't completely turned into a "Fire O'Brien" thread yet and we need to fix that.

Oh..and I hate that I had to be the one to revive this topic.