Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

the Official Half Assed Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

Took my son to the game yesterday and he was all sorts of pumped up. Happy to see the Texans get their first win at Indianapolis !!!
The first half was brutal to watch and thought it was over when Weeden came into the game. Nice to see them pull it out.

For those of you with the Texans app, there is a picture of a bunch of kids waiting for autographs at the Texans tunnel. My son is in the middle with his JJ Watt jersey on. We brought the game ball he gave my son at the Cincinnati game to try to get a signature. When my son started yelling to him for an autograph, JJ gave him another game ball. This time it was one of the salute to service balls with the camo emblem on it. So while we didn't get the signature, he now has two game balls given to him from JJ. What are the odds ??

I and my son are both hoping the Texans can finish up in first place. He really wants to see them in the playoffs and would be pumped to get to see the Texans and Bengals play again next year. Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a first place Texans finish !!!

Sounds like you should be going to more games. 2-0 right? Glad you and your son are making life long memories.

Sounds like you should be going to more games. 2-0 right? Glad you and your son are making life long memories.
Yep, we were at the Cincinnati game to see the Texans knock off my previously undefeated Bengals as well as yesterday's first win in Indianapolis.
Two really good games to see the Texans win. Like I said, I'm a die hard Bengals fan, but was even wearing Texans gear yesterday to support my son.
Life long memories indeed !!!

Re-watched the game just now on the All-22. When I watched it live, I was angry with how the defense played in the first half. But watching it again, got to give them credit. They were pretty much dominant the whole game!

There was really only 3 reasons why this game wasn't a rout by the Texans.
  • Punt coverage! A big reason the Colts were able to score twice in this game was our punt coverage gave the Colts really good field position.
  • Penalties! Texans only had 6 penalties in the game, but they were very costly.
  • Drops! It's really amazing how many wins we've been able to get considering how bad the running game has been and how many drops our receivers make.
Other notable things to mention.
  • Yates wasn't playing very well. I honestly can't say we would have won if Yates stayed in the game. He had some poor reads and missed open guys, and he also walked into two of his sacks.
  • I really want to believe in Sua-Filo, but his pass pro still needs serious work.
  • Blue looks alot better when he trusts his instincts. He plays poorly when he hesitates in the backfield.
  • I can see why Strong has been held out of games, but at the same time, I can see why he was rated so high coming out of college. If he really commits himself to being the best he can be, we'll have a very strong receiving core.
  • Whoever is QB needs to understand they need to throw the ball to D-Hop whenever he is single covered. Just put the ball in the air and trust D-Hop is going to win that battle.

Back