Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The more the merrier!

I renewed the same league just today and sent out invites via email to all of those who were in the league last year.....

Saw the email, I need to reconnect.

...There will be a few changes as well to the league settings such as removing some bench slots....

Bless you. That was rough - it was slim pickins during the season if the players were not up to par.

6 slots available. And i am now going to open it up to the rest of the forum since the response from last year hasn't been high.

League ID#- 52102
League password-welovetightends

there's plenty and probably will be until close to draft day.

Ok I'm in. Looks like a bunch of good managers. This will be a fun & competitive league.

Last edited:
yea i like a small bench that way if u need a player off FA you can find someone that will get u at least sum pts

i hate when all the players that actually touch the ball are gone after draft day. If ur players get hurt you're screwed b/c there is noone in FA

I signed up - PMS Warriors

I missed Gary's league - (forgot to check my pm's :()

I also have a league on Yahoo - 6th year - may have a couple of openings. Usually 1-2 don't return. 10 team, 2 of each position, incl some IDP players.
Will know in a couple of weeks if everyone is returning or not. If interested. pm me - I will check my pm's.

Alright guys(and gals) we're all set now. I even turned down even more bench slots from 8 to 6 so there should be plenty of useful FA's to target during the season. Now we just have to set a draft time that can accomodate most if not all of us. I think weekends would obviously be the best time to do the draft, with Sunday most likely being a day that the most amount of people are free on. I have it set for Sunday, August 15th for now, but that can be changed if y'all can agree on a better time.

The 15th is cool, though I would prefer it to be a couple of weeks later. It sucks when your #1 pick gets injured in the pre-season, though I guess that could happen at any time. It does make it difficult for your sleeper picks though.
But a Sunday is absolutely the best day for me, as it is the only day I have off.

So are we still set for the 15th?

And kind of off-topic now, but i did a fantasy draft in a league very similar to the settings i have in this league, and i ended up with one of my favorite drafts i've ever had, even if i drafted a division rival with my first rounder. Probably not the best, especially in comparison to a team i had back in 08 that went 12-1 and won the title. 10 team league and PPR settings.

QB-Matt Schaub(4th round)
WR-Miles Austin(2nd round)
WR-Roddy White(3rd round)
WR-Jeremy Maclin(7th round)
RB-Chris Johnson(1st round, got him #2 overall, the #1 guy took Ray Rice)
RB-Cedric Benson(5th round)
TE-Owen Daniels(8th round, definite steal for who was taken around him)
K-Sebastian Janikowski(16th round)
DEF-Minnesota(10th round)
BN-Felix Jones(6th round)
BN-Robert Meachem(9th round)
BN-Steve Slaton(11th round)
BN-Lee Evans(12th round)
BN-Thomas Jones(13th round)
BN-Kevin Walter(14th round)
BN-Matt Stafford(15th round, hopefully his only start is on Schaub's bye week)

Alot of things fell in place for me in this draft, hopefully it plays out well in the season.

So are we still set for the 15th?

And kind of off-topic now, but i did a fantasy draft in a league very similar to the settings i have in this league, and i ended up with one of my favorite drafts i've ever had, even if i drafted a division rival with my first rounder. Probably not the best, especially in comparison to a team i had back in 08 that went 12-1 and won the title. 10 team league and PPR settings.

QB-Matt Schaub(4th round)
WR-Miles Austin(2nd round)
WR-Roddy White(3rd round)
WR-Jeremy Maclin(7th round)
RB-Chris Johnson(1st round, got him #2 overall, the #1 guy took Ray Rice)
RB-Cedric Benson(5th round)
TE-Owen Daniels(8th round, definite steal for who was taken around him)
K-Sebastian Janikowski(16th round)
DEF-Minnesota(10th round)
BN-Felix Jones(6th round)
BN-Robert Meachem(9th round)
BN-Steve Slaton(11th round)
BN-Lee Evans(12th round)
BN-Thomas Jones(13th round)
BN-Kevin Walter(14th round)
BN-Matt Stafford(15th round, hopefully his only start is on Schaub's bye week)

Alot of things fell in place for me in this draft, hopefully it plays out well in the season.

Very nice draft! Rice #1 overall?

Very nice draft! Rice #1 overall?

i'm assuming he did the pre-draft rankings, but it appears he showed up after that pick. Rice was a very good PPR selection last year but with Boldin now his catches will be limited.

Are we doing a standard live snake draft, or a live auction draft?

With so many Texans Fans a live auction draft might be a good idear.

I'm not entirely sure how an auction draft works. If someone would care to explain it and the majority would be in favor i'd put it in.

I'm not entirely sure how an auction draft works. If someone would care to explain it and the majority would be in favor i'd put it in.

I really want no part of an auction draft. But you can go on espn and take part in a mock if you want to see how it works.

But basically, whoevers turn it is nominates a player, then all bid on that player and highest bidder gets him. All start out with the same amount of money.

I've never done it or seen it but based on the other comments it sounds like a pain in the rear...

Ive never done a real one. But I guess if you cant resist spending all of your money on the first 5 players then the auction style draft is not for you.

All I am saying is that there are 12 Texans fans playing and ALL of them are going to want AJ. And the idea of drafting a team that is FULL of players I wanted, rather than players I could care less about just sounds interesting.

I really want no part of an auction draft. But you can go on espn and take part in a mock if you want to see how it works.

But basically, whoevers turn it is nominates a player, then all bid on that player and highest bidder gets him. All start out with the same amount of money.

Auctions are better live and in person than over the net.

Draft is next sunday guys. Don't forget to set your pre-draft rankings if by some chance you can't be there.

I pre-set my rankings. As I may be out, do I need to select anything to auto draft my team based on my rankings saved? Also, if by chance I am able to make it - is there a way to turn the auto-draft off (if it is on)?

Just don't wanna slow down the process whether I'm there or not.

I pre-set my rankings. As I may be out, do I need to select anything to auto draft my team based on my rankings saved? Also, if by chance I am able to make it - is there a way to turn the auto-draft off (if it is on)?

Just don't wanna slow down the process whether I'm there or not.

If you are not there for your first pick, after the time elapses you will automatically be put on Auto-draft. If you show up afterwards, a simple click will take you off auto-draft.

I'm definitely hoping for a middle pick in the 5-7 range. In 12 team or bigger leads, having to wait so long in between picks is really torture. I've already picked #2 overall in one league and #3 in the other so we'll see.

But i think two years in a row in this league, i've been #1 overall for whatever reason.

I'm definitely hoping for a middle pick in the 5-7 range. In 12 team or bigger leads, having to wait so long in between picks is really torture. I've already picked #2 overall in one league and #3 in the other so we'll see.

But i think two years in a row in this league, i've been #1 overall for whatever reason.

i had the last pick last year and the second to last the yr before, hopefully will be better this year.

also my first year without my own draft board, gonna shoot from the hip and c how it turns out

Back