Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The backup RB battle

Some team out there is going to get a very serviceable back. I personally like Wood more because he seems to have some Foster in him with his running style.

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16686--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16694--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/08-August/temp_BB16702--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

I think Kubiak keeps all 4 backs.

Foster
Tate
Karim
Wood

Foster is uncertain, Tate is injury prone, Karim is serviceable and will return kicks and punts and Wood is a rising star...

I think before this season ends, we are gonna see Wood on the field with the starters...

If RBs are as good as we think, would this allow Gary to reduce WRs?

He wont keep fewer that 5 WR's , they have kept 6 in the past .....

That 3rd QB makes it hard to keep 4 RB's while maintaining balance at other positions.

They may open a roster spot by placing someone on IR - one of the draft picks that didn't show much but that they would be hesitant to cut , be it an OLB or B.WIlliams at OT.

I really like Cierre Wood and think this is the perfect team for him. His talent has been displayed too much already for him to make it to the practice squad. I hope the Texans keep him on the active roster because Tate staying healthy worries me along with Foster's back. They may try and sign Dennis Johnson to the practice squad if he clears. A lot of tough decisions this year. I think the Texans have rid themselves of the expansion label for good.

I agree. Cierre Wood is going to be special.

& that is not our system & I hope 67 (Cody White) & 62 (Alex Kupper) get shown the F out the door. I'd have left them in Dallas

And Gardner(?) #66 gets a pass for a blatant shove in the back. I can't believe the zebras missed that. I know the coaches din't.

Wood goes to waivers he is gone. Packers, Skins or even the Broncos grab him.
Just heard McClain on 610 say that Karim is in in, Wood and Johnson out at RB. Johnson would be offered a PS spot.

I don't think Wood makes it past Dallas on the waiver wire He dominated them. I'm against waiving Wood for Karim. OK, Karim has a little experience and special teams under his belt. If he has to play RB for you at any point, you're screwed. Wood changed my mind last night. He should be kept.

Just heard McClain on 610 say that Karim is in in, Wood and Johnson out at RB. Johnson would be offered a PS spot.

I don't think Wood makes it past Dallas on the waiver wire He dominated them. I'm against waiving Wood for Karim. OK, Karim has a little experience and special teams under his belt. If he has to play RB for you at any point, you're screwed. Wood changed my mind last night. He should be kept.

So someone played a mean joke on Wood? My guess is McClain is wrong AGAIN.

I don't know who is right but Bob Allen says Wood is in and Karim is out: From the 53 man thread:

Looks like Cierre Wood will be the 3rd Texans running back...

I've learned that Deji Karim has been waived

Bob Allen ‏@BobAllenKHOU
Looks like Cierre Wood will be the 3rd Texans running back..I've learned that Deji Karim has been waived

Battle of the boobs.... I think Abromowitz is correct.

I'd be quite happy with either Karim or Wood. Both would be even better.

Man I would like to see both stick too .... but in keeping 3QB's , I find it really difficult to do so.

The battles for roster spots are absolutely fierce at the bottom of the roster this season .... Going to be some really tough calls made by the front office. I don't envy them.

BREAKING NEWS: KHOU 11 Sports anchor Bob Allen is reporting that the Houston Texans have waived running back Deji Karim and that Cierre Wood will be the team's third string RB. Dennis Johnson and Chris Jones have reportedly been waived as well

YESSSSS!!!!!!!
:bender:

I guess Wood's performance of yesterday made Kubiak think twice about #3 position. Game against Dallas was his last chance to show what he is all about and bbbboooyyyy he showed. Glad we kept him as #3 RB and he should be #2 come next year and sharing reps with Foster.

I hope Johnson isn't placed on the practice squad. There's a lot of things I like about him, but the things I don't like would have me leave him off.

I hope Johnson isn't placed on the practice squad. There's a lot of things I like about him, but the things I don't like would have me leave him off.

All I've seen from him is what I've seen this preseason.. the only thing worth talking about was his last game.

Dude is deceptively small. He's got world class speed & plays bigger than he is. But he runs with blinders. If this was a "hit the hole" offense, I'd have more value for him.

If the coaches think they can work with him & improve his reading of the OL, sure, put him on the PS.

But I'm sure I can think of 5 players I'd rather have on the PS, depending on who clears waivers.

He needs to play in a league that allows ... stickum.

He put the ball on the ground too many times in practice , he did the same in games.

I have no use for a RB who cant hang onto the rock.

He's a Brown. I think he'll make his mark if he gets a handle on the ball. Good burst.

I'm fine with him not being on the PS, the one thing you can't do is lose the football...and I saw him bobble it way too much this preseason.

I was hoping D.J. would make it through waivers and back to our practice squad. Dude has serious speed and we'd have a year of P/S work to develop his ball carrying skills.

How soon we forget....
It wasn't too long ago we gave up on two guys with track star speed AND somewhat weak ball handling skills only to see them picked up by other teams who turned them into weapons ...Super Bowl winning weapons.

I do not wish to bolster someone else's special teams - AGAIN - when a bit of patience and some P/S training could make him a weapon for us.

I was hoping D.J. would make it through waivers and back to our practice squad. Dude has serious speed and we'd have a year of P/S work to develop his ball carrying skills.

How soon we forget....
It wasn't too long ago we gave up on two guys with track star speed AND somewhat weak ball handling skills only to see them picked up by other teams who turned them into weapons ...Super Bowl winning weapons.

I do not wish to bolster someone else's special teams - AGAIN - when a bit of patience and some P/S training could make him a weapon for us].

He went to the browns. The Browns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Ok what is the deal with the Browns always taking our waived RBs? Didn't this also happen with Ogbonnaya (sp?) 2 years ago?

Back