Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Kubes. He's a really good coach and his players love playing for him. The lack of talent in the secondary is not his fault, and he's only able to play the cards he's dealt. He gets his team to 3-1, is unbeaten in the AFC, still on top of the division, and has you armchair journalists whining about firing him.

He's a good coach. Just be patient.

He gets to play the cards he's chosen. Every player on this team except AJ is hand picked by Kubiak. When people have widely felt that the Texans needed more help in the secondary, he's drafted differently. Kubiak has drafted three DBs in the first three rounds in the time he's been here: Bennett (bust), Molden (bust), and Kareem Jackson (more NFL ready than other DBs available, right?). He's hand-picked the cards he's playing.

People felt that the team needed a safety, and he picked other positions. People felt that they needed a space eating DT, and he picked other positions. So I recognize that the players are not getting the job done - but these players are not inherited guys. They're his guys.

He gets to play the cards he's chosen. Every player on this team except AJ is hand picked by Kubiak. When people have widely felt that the Texans needed more help in the secondary, he's drafted differently. Kubiak has drafted three DBs in the first three rounds in the time he's been here: Bennett (bust), Molden (bust), and Kareem Jackson (more NFL ready than other DBs available, right?). He's hand-picked the cards he's playing.

People felt that the team needed a safety, and he picked other positions. People felt that they needed a space eating DT, and he picked other positions. So I recognize that the players are not getting the job done - but these players are not inherited guys. They're his guys.

HE doesn't pick them; Rick Smith does, although ALL the coaches weigh in on their recommendations. They don't get to pick first-round talent every round. This team has had so many holes to fill, they take what they can. You telling me you'd take a safety over every other 1st and 2nd round pick we've had in Kubiak's years here? Give back Mario, Cushing, Ryans, D-Brown, Ben Tate, Kareem Jackson? Be realistic. If we had 5 first round picks every year, we'd have the best damn team in NFL history now, wouldn't we?

HE doesn't pick them; Rick Smith does, although ALL the coaches weigh in on their recommendations. They don't get to pick first-round talent every round. This team has had so many holes to fill, they take what they can. You telling me you'd take a safety over every other 1st and 2nd round pick we've had in Kubiak's years here? Give back Mario, Cushing, Ryans, D-Brown, Ben Tate, Kareem Jackson? Be realistic. If we had 5 first round picks every year, we'd have the best damn team in NFL history now, wouldn't we?

That's not entirely true. The Texans are on record as emulating organizations
such as the Steelers and Patriots. However, the Texans are not as good
at talent evaluation as either of those other two teams. The Texans make
picks as a committee, not as one guy screaming at the other. Demeco
Ryans was a Johnny Holland pick. Cushing was a Frank Bush pick, Trindon
Holliday was a Marciano pick, etc.

By the way... After the Patriots made the Randy Moss trade, they ended
up with 2 picks per the first FOUR rounds of the 2011 draft. THAT is a
smart organization. They can build up to championship contender, and
rebuild while winning division championships. I like Kubiak, but it's just
about time to admit he ain't cuttin' the mustard.

I don't even care what the excuse is

...the players
....the assistants
....the GM

I've heard it all the past 3 years and it sounds like a broken record. The excuses don't wash anymore.

If the Texans do not make the playoffs this season. Kubiak and the entire coaching staff will simply have to go.

I like Kubiak but this is his group, his players and HIS COACHES he picked. I am not calling for his head right now, but I have never seen a team take so long to build.

Rate they are going ,by the time the defense gets in line, AJ will be nearing retirement.

very frustrating seeing the steelers,Patriots,Titans, etc etc.. plug and play players and coaches and they seem to not miss too much of a beat and here we sit 8 years later and we are still trying to get it going on both sides of the ball

My love for the Texans is like an abusive relationship. I try to love unconditionally but keep getting abused.

If the Texans do not make the playoffs this season. Kubiak and the entire coaching staff will simply have to go.

I agree and if they are gone, Bob needs to pony up some cash and go try and get a big name coach in here..

I posted this in a thread in the NFL section. I think it's better suited in a thread on the main section. Since the 'Cowher the current flavor' thread is close, this thread will have to do.

-----------------------------------------------------
Latest update on Cowher returning to coaching:

Cowher inches closer to returning to coaching

Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2010 8:18 AM ET

It's his fourth year out of coaching. And it could be his last year out of coaching.

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who led the team to two Super Bowls and one championship in 15 seasons, recently spoke about his future at the campus of Penn State-Behrend.

"With every year, there becomes a little bit more of a void because you do miss it," Cowher said, per Jerry DiPaola of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

"I had a chance these last few years to spend some very special time with the women in my life," Cowher added. "For that, I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever for walking away."

His wife, Kaye, passed away in July. Her battle with skin cancer was not publicly known, and Bill Cowher has not spoken (to our knowledge) regarding the duration of her illness. [R.I.P Kaye Cowher]

"I am not going to go back into coaching, just to go back into coaching," Cowher said. "It has to be the right situation. And I don't know what the right situation consists of."

Here's a possibility. Giants coach Tom Coughlin landed at No. 3 in the first installment of our video hot seat feature, and Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News has now broached the subject of Coughlin being in danger of termination if the Giants fail to qualify for the playoffs.

Cowher, who draws interest every year, has insisted on being respectful to the men who currently are employed, and he refuses to talk to teams who have head coaches in place. With a daughter now living in New York City and with the Giants becoming the ultimate meat-and-potato foil to the Hard Knocks Jets, Cowher surely could deem the Giants to be the "right situation" for him.

If Cowher ever ends up coaching the Giants, no one will have to worry about the team becoming the Hard Knocks Giants.

"I couldn't say no fast enough," Cowher said.

And that attitude will make him only more attractive to the Giants.

We all know Cowher is a closet Texans homer, evidently shown on NFL Today each week. Why wouldn't he want to come down here and coach his #1 rated NFL player, a very good RB, a franchise QB, and a potentially amazing front 7 D?

We have talents in every skill position, minus the CBs as of now, and are primed to breakout and become an elite team in the NFL. We have a set up of good D just need a coach that can set them right and bring out the beast in them. Cowher can do that. His staff that he would bring in can do that.

We're already good at offense, probably need to upgrade our O-Line a bit. I think Cowher prefers big guys up front, so we would have fix that if he comes on board. Not gonna lie, I won't shed any tears getting rid of these finesse linemen and getting some real maulers.

There, of course, has been rumors last season of him having strong interest in us. Now all we need is McNair to reciprocate those feelings. I don't care about the showing respect to the current HC crap. Send the guy an email/voice message, w/e and let him know that if Kubiak can't do it this year than we want him to come in and take over next season.

I know I was singing Kubiak's praise after the first two games. I was backing him every seasons, even in the dimmest of days, specifically after the Cowboys game, but enough is enough. Getting blown the **** out back-to-back home games is ridiculous, embarrassing, and unacceptable. He put himself in this situation by going with two young, and for the most part, inexperienced starters.

I have a feeling he's going to stick with them the rest of the season. That's fine though, if he wants to sink with his ship, like he did last season with the Brown's sisters, than so be it. Hopefully McNair has the nuts to pull the trigger this year if it bust in Kubiak's face again.

I feel for him though. I still remember him saying in his first ever press conference as our HC, emotional and choked up, that he 'wanted to bring a championship home to Houston'.

I wanted him to be the guy to do it. I wanted him to have a coaching tenure like Cowher did with the Steelers. But it just seems like this guy is in over head as a HC.

I agree and if they are gone, Bob needs to pony up some cash and go try and get a big name coach in here..

"Big name" coaches rarely work out. See: Jon Gruden in Tampa, Bill Parcells in Dallas, George Seifert in Carolina, Herm Edwards in Kansas City. I think paying Bill Cowher an absurd amount of money would likely be a mistake. Look at the coaches of your last few Super Bowl teams, and there are no "big names" except for Belichick. The only guy I'd rather have here than Kubiak right now is Tony Dungy, and I don't think he'll ever return to football.

"Big name" coaches rarely work out. See: Jon Gruden in Tampa, Bill Parcells in Dallas, George Seifert in Carolina, Herm Edwards in Kansas City. I think paying Bill Cowher an absurd amount of money would likely be a mistake. Look at the coaches of your last few Super Bowl teams, and there are no "big names" except for Belichick. The only guy I'd rather have here than Kubiak right now is Tony Dungy, and I don't think he'll ever return to football.

Gruden only won a Super Bowl in Tampa.

Bill Parcells didn't work in Dallas? Did you see what he started with?

They're still living off of what he built there.

I'm just starting to believe that the Denver offense of "smaller and faster" O-linemen is no longer an every-situation solution, i.e. large, fast NFC East linemen. It works beautifully against most teams, but it's completely flattened against some elite teams. That's why it hasn't won a Superbowl since John Elway, and why Denver finally fired Shanahan after so many years.

I'm just starting to believe that the Denver offense of "smaller and faster" O-linemen is no longer an every-situation solution, i.e. large, fast NFC East linemen. It works beautifully against most teams, but it's completely flattened against some elite teams. That's why it hasn't won a Superbowl since John Elway, and why Denver finally fired Shanahan after so many years.

I think that offense is more played out than the "WildCat"...

The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. Kubiak is not getting fired anytime soon.

Having said that, I'm still bothered by Kubiak's gameday coaching approach. He is constantly standing alone, 40 to 50 yards from the LOS, and only speaking to whoever is on the other end of the headset. He never comes over to talk to the players when they come off the field. He never coaches or motivates the players during dead times, like TV timeouts. I find myself just watching Kubiak on the sideline, rather than the game. He seems dispassionate and removed during the game.

I just can't fathom how a coach can lead his team, when he is standing 50 yards away at all times. My bottom line is wins. 3-2 is better than 1-4 or 2-3. The Texans are still on course for reaching their goals. But in my heart, I just don't believe in Kubiak's coaching style. A head coach should lead on the field. And the Texans don't get that from Kubiak.

I'm absolutely terrified that we might have seen the very best we're going to get from this incarnation of the team. That's the elephant in the room as far as I'm concerned. Seeing this team just flop out of their locker room and then roll over to get their tummy scratched by the Giants, after previously seeing that very same act out of them against the Cowboys really calls into question the idea that we're on the right track. That's what causes all the fan infighting we have and all the "You're not a REAL fan" bullshit. Nobody wants to believe that we are on the wrong road, doing the wrong things, or signing the wrong players but this core is in its 5th year and saying that it feels like we may have hit a plateau doesn't sound unreasonable.

That's what I'm most concerned about. The idea of starting another rebuilding cycle fills me with despair at this point. I need Kubiak to be the right guy and I haven't seen a lot on the field the past three weeks to make me believe he is. I want to believe this group of players and coaches has what it takes.

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

******** people!!!

I would be suprised if we brought Cowher in as HC. Would he overhaul our defense in favor of a 3-4 or will he keep our current 2-3-1 alignment (we have no DBs and DTs to speak of with the exception of Pollard)?

As long as we make it to the playoffs, we're going to keep Kubiak. If not, well Shanny got the axe after an 8-8 season so I have no doubt Kubiak might be on the way out.

If we DO look for a HC and Cowher is not one of em', how about bringing in Jon gruden so he can yell at our guys and light the fire we need or Marty Schotenhemier and play some MARTY BALL!

The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South.

Eventually, Kubiak supporters are gonna have to come off that line, and
address the truth. Clinging on to that for dear life isn't correct, especially
when the league now has three solid weeks worth of film on Texans'
weaknesses on both sides of the ball. The Giants perfectly schemed
the Texans out of Zone Blocking. I couldn't believe my eyes. They
took the hammer the Texans had been beating teams with, and schemed
them out of using it.

The one-trick of the Texans offense was completely taken away by the
Giants. On defense, they simply abused the corners in the same manner
the Cowboys did. The Texans had to respect the Giants' run game, and
when he LB's had to help out against Bradshaw and Jacobs, those
corners got WORKED.

The test for the Texans now, is finding a way to be effective, now that
the good coaching staffs now have good tape on how to take your best
weapon out of your hands.

Fact: Kubiak and Co. have had FIVE drafts.

Fact: Every player on this team has been chosen by Kubiak and Co.

How many NFL coaches out there have had five drafts with their current team without making the playoffs? What's the average duration of an NFL career?

Just as I suspected!! Retarded ass, know it alls!!! I only wish y'all were as brilliant as you think y'all are.....

Dude, re-read your own post. Using your logic, we should give Kubiak a 100-year contract, correct?

Give me a ****ing break.

O snap this thread is back again

Guyz kubes aint getting fired anytime soon me thinks

Definitely not during the season. I want him to stick around for a long while, but as I pointed out above, this is his team. He's had five drafts, and there are precious few coaches in today's NFL that get that long to make the playoffs.

This is his team. If he can't make the playoffs with them this year, then he needs to go.

i agree if he losses bad this season he should go

i dont think if we dont make the PS then he should go i think its how we lose and win and what not

Just as I suspected!! Retarded ass, know it alls!!! I only wish y'all were as brilliant as you think y'all are.....

I hate to break it to you, but I am EVEN MORE brilliant than I think I am!!!

That, and I am also MUCH more humble than I think i am!!!

i agree if he losses bad this season he should go

i dont think if we dont make the PS then he should go i think its how we lose and win and what not

Does getting our ass stomped at home and scaring away the fans with their
horrid pass defense, and non-existent offense not do it for you?

The Texans are 3-2 and tied for the lead in the AFC South. Kubiak is not getting fired anytime soon.

Having said that, I'm still bothered by Kubiak's gameday coaching approach. He is constantly standing alone, 40 to 50 yards from the LOS, and only speaking to whoever is on the other end of the headset. He never comes over to talk to the players when they come off the field. He never coaches or motivates the players during dead times, like TV timeouts. I find myself just watching Kubiak on the sideline, rather than the game. He seems dispassionate and removed during the game.

I just can't fathom how a coach can lead his team, when he is standing 50 yards away at all times. My bottom line is wins. 3-2 is better than 1-4 or 2-3. The Texans are still on course for reaching their goals. But in my heart, I just don't believe in Kubiak's coaching style. A head coach should lead on the field. And the Texans don't get that from Kubiak.

Kubiak spoke to several players today. I know it's out of the norm, but I saw him speak to Kareem, Bernard, Schaub & AJ... some of them more than once.

This thread sure brings back memories from when it first got posted last year.

Man, I was so worked up that I didn't even sleep that night. It's not looking good for tonight either.

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

******** people!!!

Bill, come on man. You're awesome dude and one of my favorite posters, but when is enough enough for you? I mean the way this team week in and week out can only perform well enough to get the job done when their backs are against the wall points to one thing: poor coaching and poor game planning.

Every year it is the same thing and I feel like I am freaking bipolar with this team. Every year I start out believing Kubiak is the man for the job and he will be the guy to get us to the promised land. Actually, what else am I supposed to think? If I just think we are going to suck and the coach is a failure, why go through the pain, misery, and depression I feel on days like this?!?

But the man continues to do the same things and this organization continues to do the same damn things. We won't spend the money when it counts (Schobel, Rolle, etc.), and Kubiak continues to be on one week, off the next, on one half, and off the the next. It is ridiculous man, and I am just getting tired of seeing it.

I am sick and tired of the excuses!!!! Oh, we just don't have the personnel, our defensive backs just aren't good enough, our defensive tackles just aren't good enough, our running backs just aren't good enough, and the excuses go on and on and on!

Every team has weaknesses. Every freaking team in the NFL! But every year we continue to use our one or two weaknesses as our excuses for why we can never get over the damn hump. So when for you guys do the excuses stop? As I said man, I mean no disrespect in what I am saying. I honestly would like to know how you continue to be okay defending this organization. I mean sometimes I feel like the ardent defenders of the McNair organization are just like the homers defending the Obama administration constantly making excuses for why things aren't getting better.

:rake:

Bill, come on man. You're awesome dude and one of my favorite posters, but when is enough enough for you? I mean the way this team week in and week out can only perform well enough to get the job done when their backs are against the wall points to one thing: poor coaching and poor game planning.

Every year it is the same thing and I feel like I am freaking bipolar with this team. Every year I start out believing Kubiak is the man for the job and he will be the guy to get us to the promised land. Actually, what else am I supposed to think? If I just think we are going to suck and the coach is a failure, why go through the pain, misery, and depression I feel on days like this?!?

But the man continues to do the same things and this organization continues to do the same damn things. We won't spend the money when it counts (Schobel, Rolle, etc.), and Kubiak continues to be on one week, off the next, on one half, and off the the next. It is ridiculous man, and I am just getting tired of seeing it.

I am sick and tired of the excuses!!!! Oh, we just don't have the personnel, our defensive backs just aren't good enough, our defensive tackles just aren't good enough, our running backs just aren't good enough, and the excuses go on and on and on!

Every team has weaknesses. Every freaking team in the NFL! But every year we continue to use our one or two weaknesses as our excuses for why we can never get over the damn hump. So when for you guys do the excuses stop? As I said man, I mean no disrespect in what I am saying. I honestly would like to know how you continue to be okay defending this organization. I mean sometimes I feel like the ardent defenders of the McNair organization are just like the homers defending the Obama administration constantly making excuses for why things aren't getting better.

:rake:

You had me up until your last sentence. And we just know Bush did a fantastic job as President, yes? That doucebag damn near ruined this freaking country.

I suggest you leave politics out of the discussion about football.

Fact: Kubiak and Co. have had FIVE drafts.

Fact: Every player on this team has been chosen by Kubiak and Co.

How many NFL coaches out there have had five drafts with their current team without making the playoffs? What's the average duration of an NFL career?

You're speaking as if we aren't going to make the play-offs this year. If that were the case, you're right, we need a change...... But to this point, Kubiak & crew has only had 4 shots at making the play-offs, they are on their fifth try now.

Personally, I'm devastated by what I saw today, what I saw vs the Cowboys, what I saw against the 'Skins, & even what I saw against the Colts. The one thing we thought we had, the passing game really isn't were it needs to be.

I believe that starts with our QB. He doesn't beat the blitz with any regularity. He doesn't extend plays. & he's throwing an awful lot of ducks, five games into the season.

I never thought we were supposed to be the Baltimore Ravens, or the NYJets. I understand we have problems on defense, but we knew that going in. I knew the defense was going to have to get better as the season went on.

Today's fiasco, in my mind, is hard to pin on the defense.... 33 points.. 400 yards of offense. I mean we got two turnovers & the offense did squat with them. In Dallas, we scored 6 points outside of garbage time. I believe we ran the ball so much against Indy, because we couldn't throw it.

If we can control the game on the offensive side of the ball, we can turn this thing around. With Kubiak as our HC, I feel comfortable that we can do that.

Why he hasn't grabbed the offense by the neck yet, I don't know.

But it's time.

You had me up until your last sentence. And we just know Bush did a fantastic job as President, yes? That doucebag damn near ruined this freaking country.

I suggest you leave politics out of the discussion about football.

Actually, you fell right into my trap and did exactly what I wanted you to do and made my argument for me. It's all deflection. My point wasn't about politics or Obama or Bush. My post was about Gary Kubiak, and the Kubiak's band of merry men and their ability to constantly find every reason why it isn't his fault.

Obama & Bush = Kubiak & our secondary/DTs/RBs/etc.

Yes. There's a place for political discussion. This is not that place.

And just to clarify, my comment wasn't intended to bring about political discussion. It was simply the best analogy I could think of, and spartan did exactly what I wanted him or someone else to do: mention Bush when I was talking about Obama just as people mention our weaknesses when we bring up Kubiak's failures.

Its probably been mentioned before but taking a franchise to its first ever playoff is the not the easiest thing in the world to do. Heck, even in the playoffs its hard to get a playoff team to the divisional championship game!

As long as we don't go 3-13 and improve upon our 9-7 record or make it to the playoffs we should be good. I know I'm bitter after a game but we have to realize that this is football and this is why teams play. Look at the Rams, they took down the Skins' but were humbled by the Lions who lost four straight game before winning one.

We still have a long way to go so lets see what happens...:worldpeace:

GO TEXANS! :texflag:

Actually, you fell right into my trap and did exactly what I wanted you to do and made my argument for me. It's all deflection. My point wasn't about politics or Obama or Bush. My post was about Gary Kubiak, and the Kubiak's band of merry men and their ability to constantly find every reason why it isn't his fault.

Obama & Bush = Kubiak & our secondary/DTs/RBs/etc.

DrEvilLaugh.gif

And just to clarify, my comment wasn't intended to bring about political discussion. It was simply the best analogy I could think of, and spartan did exactly what I wanted him or someone else to do: mention Bush when I was talking about Obama just as people mention our weaknesses when we bring up Kubiak's failures.

Bullshit.

You know what? I happent to be watching W. on cable right now. Great film. You are doing exactly what Bush and his clowns did: Make it up as you go along, then change things later to save face.

Just for the record, I have been calling for Kubiak's head for a long time now. As I said originally, I agreed with you. Until you brought up politics. You could have easily made your point w/out getting political.

Bullshit.

You know what? I happent to be watching W. on cable right now. Great film. You are doing exactly what Bush and his clowns did: Make it up as you go along, then change things later to save face.

Just for the record, I have been calling for Kubiak's head for a long time now. As I said originally, I agreed with you. Until you brought up politics. You could have easily made your point w/out getting political.

Dude, chill out. You are a bit too wound up. For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president. I just don't think Obama has been any better, and this isn't the NSZ so I'm not going to go into the reasons why I don't think he has been any better.

Read my post again. I wasn't saying EVERYONE that supports Obama also supports Kubiak. That has nothing to do with it. I just find it uncanny how people continue to be able to make excuses for these two guys. It was an ANALOGY. That's it. No more, no less. And for the record, please don't tell me you are basing your opinions of Bush on the movie W, a good movie yes, but not exactly a historical documentary.

Now, go smoke a joint and chill the f out.

Dude, WTF? Obama = moron and W = moron....they were both effing epic morons. You don't see that = blindness... :gun:

Back to football..... :gun:

I'm not at the point of firing Kubes, I can't lay it all at his feet. This team has always done the ole win one, lose one routine with an occasional winning streak (2005 being the exception as we only lost).

Really you could see this loss coming a mile away. Think about it...

Win big game in Washington....check
Lose big game to Dallas..........check
Win "bouncback" game in OAK..check
Lose follwoing game epically....check

So expect a win next week and the old "all is well" feeling from the FO to the coaches.

Inconsistency is the only thing consistent at reliant (with the exception of horrible secondary) :choke:

Dude, chill out. You are a bit too wound up. For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president. I just don't think Obama has been any better, and this isn't the NSZ so I'm not going to go into the reasons why I don't think he has been any better.

Read my post again. I wasn't saying EVERYONE that supports Obama also supports Kubiak. That has nothing to do with it. I just find it uncanny how people continue to be able to make excuses for these two guys. It was an ANALOGY. That's it. No more, no less. And for the record, please don't tell me you are basing your opinions of Bush on the movie W, a good movie yes, but not exactly a historical documentary.

Now, go smoke a joint and chill the f out.

You started this. Not me. And, no, I am not basing my opinions about The Frat Boy on the movie W.

History is what it is.

You're speaking as if we aren't going to make the play-offs this year. If that were the case, you're right, we need a change...... But to this point, Kubiak & crew has only had 4 shots at making the play-offs, they are on their fifth try now.

As I clarified in a subsequent post, that is exactly my premise. If the team makes the playoffs this year, then I'm not on the Fire Kubiak bandwagon. And as I also clarified, I want him to be around for a long while. I like the man. But this is the year - playoffs or bust.

After the Colts game, I thought privately to myself that I'd get excited when they played well offensively against a 3-4 defense. If this is the sometimes-on, mostly-off offense we'll see for the rest of the year, then we're done. If the defense continues at its current pace (and I see no real reason to suspect it won't), we're screwed.

So I guess my optimism has gone from cautiously optimistic to mostly pessimistic. I fully recognize that a good deal of that attitude is formed as a result of being a Texans fan for all this time. I mean, I'm somewhat intelligent. I can detect trends.

Dude, WTF? Obama = moron and W = moron....they were both effing epic morons. You don't see that = blindness... :gun:

Back to football..... :gun:

I'm not at the point of firing Kubes, I can't lay it all at his feet. This team has always done the ole win one, lose one routine with an occasional winning streak (2005 being the exception as we only lost).

Really you could see this loss coming a mile away. Think about it...

Win big game in Washington....check
Lose big game to Dallas..........check
Win "bouncback" game in OAK..check
Lose follwoing game epically....check

So expect a win next week and the old "all is well" feeling from the FO to the coaches.

Inconsistency is the only thing consistent at reliant (with the exception of horrible secondary) :choke:

Amen. Both presidents have major issues.

Moving on, I agree with you. I had a really bad feeling the last couple of days about this game. We were a bit too fired up after Oakland. And, of course, we will now probably beat the hell out of KC.

Bullshit.

What channel is W. on?

You started this. Not me. And, no, I am not basing my opinions about The Frat Boy on the movie W.

History is what it is.

Amen. Both presidents have major issues.

Moving on, I agree with you. I had a really bad feeling the last couple of days about this game. We were a bit too fired up after Oakland. And, of course, we will now probably beat the hell out of KC.

Did you not read when I said the following:

For the record, and then I want to stop with the political discussions period, I think Bush was a TERRIBLE president.

The point was it isn't about Bush or Obama or Clinton or Lincoln or Jefferson or your great grandma. My only purpose in even mentioning Obama was to state that it is amazing how people when they want to can make excuses for anything they want. Maybe a better analogy for you would have been that people are so good at making excuses for Kubiak they would probably be successful at convincing the world that their **** doesn't stink.

:facepalm: We certainly do live in an overly sensitive society...

I've been watching Houston NFL teams take the field since roughly 1976 now that I think about it. I was 11 then and when I look back my memories are kind of fuzzy and a little biased from general nostalgia and fondness for the time. One thing remains true without any exception and that's the fact that every team I ever watched play football was a direct reflection, for better or worse of it's coach.

Bum Phillips teams weren't sophisticated or exceptionally talented but they never quit and they left everything they had out on the field. Ed Biles teams appeared to lack direction as his tenure went on. Initially they were the same bunch of moderately talented overachievers that Bum Phillips had coached but as the games went by you could tell they lacked a motivator. Hugh Campbell's Oilers were low on both talent and experience and reflected his finesse approach to the game. They were soft and more often than not pushed around all over the field. Jerry Glanville's Oilers were angry, aggressive, and stupid and played dirty football with a chip on their shoulder just like the pompous little midget who led them wanted them to. Jack Pardee took that team and taught them a better version of their offense but never could teach them discipline. In fact I don't think he even tried. His team had the same disoriented look on their faces he had when things didn't go well. Jeff Fisher's Oilers I didn't pay attention to because they were a lame duck and I wasn't putting any money in Bud Adams pocket if I could help it.

Dom Capers Texans were a lot like Hugh Campbell's Oilers. Lacking in talent (on the field and on the sideline) they played simple, boring, unimaginative football that their "mimbo" rookie QB could understand. The first incarnation of the Texans was too stupid to do much of anything without shooting itself in the foot. In one word they looked lost much like a man with more than he can handle on his plate. I think that's an apt description of Dom Capers the Head Coach.

Gary Kubiak's Texans are.... frustrating and hard to figure out. There's something wrong with them on both sides of the ball and they are to a man Gary's guys. Make no mistake, if the team looks good it's on Gary and if the team looks like they did today then that's on Gary too. This is his mess. He picked them, he coaches them, and he tells them what to do. OK, so his coordinators do that last one but he picked those men as well. What you see on the field is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak and what he's capable of doing. 5 drafts, 5 training camps, 5 shots at free agency are on display this season and there is no single factor that can possibly outweigh the imprint of Gary Kubiak and the job he's done.

We are 3-2 and tied for first place in our division. We went 3-1 in the first quarter of the season. We're 0-1 to start the second. If we enter the bye week at 4-2 and still holding on to a piece of the division lead then much of this will die down. If we slide into our bye week at 3-3 then the two weeks prior to the Colts on Monday Night Football will be filled with howls for Kubiak's head by fans who will have paid to see a 1-3 team at home.

I'm waiting until the Monday night game against the Colts to decide what I think about this bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back