Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

That was the best i've ever seen Schaub play

See Matrix these forums are sorta like the Texans. People start out talking **** but by the end of the thread(season) if things end up working out and you realize they aren't really terrible you end up respecting them. Hard won respect is the best respect to have.

Glad I wasn't around when those dudes were around. David Carr's brother actually posted here? LOL.

And you think you don't like all the negativity? You should have seen him spinning David's every miscue. He was a walking, talking, sunshine enema to anyone who would listen for a while. Then it got worse and he got angry.

And you think you don't like all the negativity? You should have seen him spinning David's every miscue. He was a walking, talking, sunshine enema to anyone who would listen for a while. Then it got worse and he got angry.

If for no other reason, you gotta hand it to the guy for his loyalty. We should all have a brother like that.

If for no other reason, you gotta hand it to the guy for his loyalty. We should all have a brother like that.

If David Carr was my brother I'd take some of the things said on this board & straitened him out.

Everybody here wanted David to be a success. Everybody.

Sometimes we were a little harsh in our criticism, but that's because the rhetoric got a little thick & we all invest a lot of emotion into this team, David Carr included.

The guy was extremely talented & could have been one of the best, if he ever tried to work on his craft.

I understand priorities, I've got a family as well & I hold them extremely high on my list. At the same time, if I'm going to take $8 million/year to do a job, I'm going to do the best damn job I possibly can. That's what honorable men do. That's what Christian men do.

Anything else is stealing.

If David Carr was my brother I'd take some of the things said on this board & straitened him out.

Everybody here wanted David to be a success. Everybody.

Well, we don't know for sure Carr's brother didn't do that.

But hey, you're preaching to the choir. I was behind the curve on Carr----meaning I didn't want to give up on him as early as a lot of other fans.

We live in a time when entertainers and athletes are paid so much money for their services that many of them are in it purely for the money and not for the passion for what they do.

I see a lot of God-given ability wasted in David Carr and I do fault him for not putting in the work required to maximize those gifts when he was being paid so much money. But I can't fault him for cashing the checks. After all, Bob kept signing them.

Funny enough, David Carr's rise to consensus #1 was what sealed me as a Texans fan. I'm from Fresno and was pretty much team-less (rooted for the 49ers but never really stuck) until the Texans were announced.

9, 10 years later, dude was a bust, and I'm a Texans fan for life.

I honestly believe Bob wasn't paying Dave only for his football ability.

I think Bob also loved having a GQ model as the face of his franchise.

That's why it was such a struggle for him to finally accept the reality that the results on the field were screaming out that the team was in dire need of a change.

That's why it was such a struggle for him to finally accept the reality that the results on the field were screaming out that the team was in dire need of a change.

I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could. But you change OCs, QB coaches, Offensive line personnel, HCs....

Damn if it's not always the last place you think to look.

In theory, there's nothing wrong with having a really good, clean-cut guy being the face of the franchise. It's good business.

Football doesn't always go along with those plans, though.

I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could.

Some folks believe Kubiak lied to Bob in order to get the job. It was clear to everyone that Bob didn't want to hear David was the problem and that the franchise player was a dud. Knowing that, Kubiak told Bob what he wanted to hear.

Having subsequently watched Kubiak go out and grab Dan Orlovsky, I think the truth is Kubiak probably did believe he could fix Carr. What Kubiak couldn't have known from just watching film is that Dave simply wasn't that into being the franchise. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....

Yep - especially when you consider that even though the replacement is a much better option from a football standpoint...well, let's just say he can't compete in the cover boy department.

images
images
images
images

I think the problem was that you had coaches who repeatedly told him they could do something with David. Maybe they thought they could. But you change OCs, QB coaches, Offensive line personnel, HCs....

Damn if it's not always the last place you think to look.

I posted it and you read Dave's senior bowl diary . That fortold a lot of the future .

Some of his biggest problems were his clan . It's like they all packed up and moved here and thought they were part of the team ( see the haircut episode ) . They were a naive bunch who didn't have a clue what David needed to succeed . Hulk would say Davy didn't have any weapons ... well ... AJ's on his way to the HOF and Gaffney is still around .

I wished I had a dollar for every excuse they made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

So did petedy (I think that was his name). He even followed him to the Panthers message board pumping their fans full of HWWNBN.

Wasn't there also a Three-Toed-Pete who did likewise here? Or was petedy and Three-Toed-Pete the same person?

caddy sent me one of the most mean-spirited Private Messages ever. I think he neg rep'd me, put me on full blast on the board, and then sent me a PM to top it off. He was pissed that I dared to talk bad about his boy David Carr.

LOL.

See Matrix these forums are sorta like the Texans. People start out talking **** but by the end of the thread(season) if things end up working out and you realize they aren't really terrible you end up respecting them. Hard won respect is the best respect to have.

ur telling me :mcnugget:

Wasn't there also a Three-Toed-Pete who did likewise here? Or was petedy and Three-Toed-Pete the same person?

caddy sent me one of the most mean-spirited Private Messages ever. I think he neg rep'd me, put me on full blast on the board, and then sent me a PM to top it off. He was pissed that I dared to talk bad about his boy David Carr.

LOL.

I think this is right , Caddy made money betting on the Texans . I don't remember how but it was against Davie .

Back