Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

I’ve been banned from another site, controlled by dictator type of personality. It’s disturbing and stings awhile, especially without warning. Don’t see case here as only opinions exchanged not currency. But whatever, the mods have a super tough time, remember Vinny? All good someone will step up to the challenge, can’t see jumping off this ship with a strong breeze filling her sails, full speed ahead.

I’ve been banned from another site, controlled by dictator type of personality. It’s disturbing and stings awhile, especially without warning. Don’t see case here as only opinions exchanged not currency. But whatever, the mods have a super tough time, remember Vinny? All good someone will step up to the challenge, can’t see jumping off this ship with a strong breeze filling her sails, full speed ahead.
While true, Lucky's not following the TT Forum Rules and arbitrarily shutting down threads as he sees fit.

Is this MB being run the way the owner wants or the way 1-2 moderators want?
For years, it was mostly under the thumb of Infantrycak. I am hoping we do not regress to that.
We're well in our way to that again.

It shouldn't be that hard to do a simple thing like follow the rules.

As a fan website gets busier due to people being "stoked," it will become that much more important for moderators to moderate. I've moderated in the past and it is not necessarily an easy job. Threads and their posts need to be regularly reviewed. Infractions need to be enforced, preceded with warnings not only to the poster but for the purpose of informing the entire board so that it is less likely to be repeated by others. As I see it, many of the repeated offenses result out of ignorance of the rules by the members. But too many times, the rules are arbitrarily not followed by the mods and/or individually selectively changed without notice for whatever purposes. It has become too easy for threads to be closed rather than to control the posters within. The problem with the latter approach is that posters will find other threads to post on the same subject.................and the problem posters will continue to contaminate these other threads. Again, moderators have a relatively tough job, but if true moderation is not employed, the entire MB and its members are bound to be adversely affected.

Best interview post I've seen to be honest. My vote is to hire this guy, hiring team.

Human nature is what it is.
Sometimes the written (or typed) word is too easily misunderstood and flare-ups can happen.
Add to that, people go through hard times and they can be a bit more pointed than they usually are.
Add to that, men are typically alphas and you have a potential for misunderstanding and flare-ups.
When a spat does get over the top, then warnings must be issued.
Moderating a forum, especially a football forum, would not be an easy job but once a punishable offense occurs, it must be followed through appropriately else the forum can suffer as a whole.
I know I haven't spent the time to read the rules myself but common sense and courtesy should be sufficient to keep ones proverbial nose clean.
24 or 48 hour bans should be normal and extended if necessary.
If one feels they have been banned unfairly, I imagine one can plead their case via pm to said mod.
I can be opinionated but who isn't?
We are all on the same side in this exciting Texans journey - let's make allowances and try to understand before flying off the handle.
This is not aimed at you Beer, just using your post as a Segway.
*End rant*

Human nature is what it is.
Sometimes the written (or typed) word is too easily misunderstood and flare-ups can happen.
Add to that, people go through hard times and they can be a bit more pointed than they usually are.
Add to that, men are typically alphas and you have a potential for misunderstanding and flare-ups.
When a spat does get over the top, then warnings must be issued.
Moderating a forum, especially a football forum, would not be an easy job but once a punishable offense occurs, it must be followed through appropriately else the forum can suffer as a whole.
I know I haven't spent the time to read the rules myself but common sense and courtesy should be sufficient to keep ones proverbial nose clean.
24 or 48 hour bans should be normal and extended if necessary.
If one feels they have been banned unfairly, I imagine one can plead their case via pm to said mod.
I can be opinionated but who isn't?
We are all on the same side in this exciting Texans journey - let's make allowances and try to understand before flying off the handle.
This is not aimed at you Beer, just using your post as a Segway.
*End rant*

1000%. Agreed on all points.

As a fan website gets busier due to people being "stoked," it will become that much more important for moderators to moderate. I've moderated in the past and it is not necessarily an easy job. Threads and their posts need to be regularly reviewed. Infractions need to be enforced, preceded with warnings not only to the poster but for the purpose of informing the entire board so that it is less likely to be repeated by others. As I see it, many of the repeated offenses result out of ignorance of the rules by the members. But too many times, the rules are arbitrarily not followed by the mods and/or individually selectively changed without notice for whatever purposes. It has become too easy for threads to be closed rather than to control the posters within. The problem with the latter approach is that posters will find other threads to post on the same subject.................and the problem posters will continue to contaminate these other threads. Again, moderators have a relatively tough job, but if true moderation is not employed, the entire MB and its members are bound to be adversely affected.
Here, here!!

At the same time let's remember that all the moderators do so voluntarily & on our free time. We can't be everywhere, we won't be. So please, help a brother out & use that "report" link at the bottom of the offending post.

Here, here!!

At the same time let's remember that all the moderators do so voluntarily & on our free time. We can't be everywhere, we won't be. So please, help a brother out & use that "report" link at the bottom of the offending post.
Not speaking for others, for me it's about the same posters doing the same thing for years and nothing much except a post removed.

Here, here!!

I appreciate your work. I've been a mod. It's a thankless job and no matter what you do someone will be mad

While true, Lucky's not following the TT Forum Rules and arbitrarily shutting down threads as he sees fit.
Guess I'm use to it by now, sure I've deserved to be shutdown and deleted multiple times. I'm especially wired since switching from beer to Tequila. Point is any mods starkness doesn't faze me one bit anymore. Lot of folks don't know how to behave or act socially, the cloud they think is a safe haven where in real life you'd never tell someone those things face to face. There is a lot of knowledge & research needed to sort through the fake news. I trust Lucky can do this but maybe tired of the hassle. In early days of this board remember him as fresh mod, and most moderate of the mods. His posts are usually informative and spot on. Delete him you might as well delete me. I would need a real strong case(s) presented to me to go along with this agenda. I like to just stick to football and the analytics.

:logo:

Guess I'm use to it by now, sure I've deserved to be shutdown and deleted multiple times. I'm especially wired since switching from beer to Tequila. Point is any mods starkness doesn't faze me one bit anymore. Lot of folks don't know how to behave or act socially, the cloud they think is a safe haven where in real life you'd never tell someone those things face to face. There is a lot of knowledge & research needed to sort through the fake news. I trust Lucky can do this but maybe tired of the hassle. In early days of this board remember him as fresh mod, and most moderate of the mods. His posts are usually informative and spot on. Delete him you might as well delete me. I would need a real strong case(s) presented to me to go along with this agenda. I like to just stick to football and the analytics.

I'm sure y'all know this but you came on the board on the exact same day according to y'all's profiles. Just found it interesting! The board is lucky to have Lucky

:logo:
You know me I would tell you to your face what I say on the internet.

Example lately : Watson traded thread that the Texans still have a 2025 draft pick from that trade was closed, when no rules were broken.

Example: Shutting down the Tank Shot Thread, no rules were broken.

Truth is some moderators disagree with Lucky on this and we're about to lose valued members. When that happens I'll be the 1st to say I told you so and the MB will be worse off for it. But obviously I'm in the minority so I'll get my popcorn ready and LOL while enjoying the show.

When has that ever been followed through out a thread?
It's still the rule.

I can understand complaining that the mods decide to enforce some rules in some situations & not others.

But that's not the same as, "the moderators don't follow the rules."

I checked & double checked that thread Lucky shut down & steelbtexan got bent over. No football talk for over a week. It should have been shut down earlier. Mea culpa, I should have shut it down earlier.

Back