Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So we can say:

Please sir - don’t be an asshole and have an alternative dumb ass view contrarian to my own that are in my eyes always right?

Am I doing it right?

Or can we use soft fuzzy words like calling people part of a Debbie Downer Club?

I think a certain poster is of the sensitive type and reports anytime their feelings get hurt. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is OK to be overly sensitive.

Btw - never said anyone isn’t welcome. People are just asking questions and being moderated quite closely after questions are asked.
Some of y'all make this voluntary job suck a lot more than it should. Or at least more complicated than it needs to be.

I'm close to being done with it and the Houston Texans. Hookem can trash it if he wants as it's probably more trouble to him as a Bucs fan than it's worth.

I doubt anyone else will front the money to run a forum dedicated to this circle-draining franchise.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Some of y'all make this voluntary job suck a lot more than it should. Or at least more complicated than it needs to be.
This is a great example of how to insult a group rather than an individual. I appreciate it.

Let’s be honest - you should know what it is like dealing with people. People are difficult. This is mild compared to other internet mediums. Even compared to this place 10 years ago.

If you don’t want to have to deal with it don’t. Resign. I am sure someone will step in.

And if you are going to threaten to shut down the board then do it.

Most of your tirade is about one person - Jack Easterby. When you learn to get beyond that you will be much happier.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Part of the problem is, the powers that be don’t recognize what a troll is. A troll doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the well being of this place, they’re here to butt heads and incite people with asinine takes.

Once that’s figured out and dealt with, things will be a whole lot better off.

You also need clear cut rules posted. It doesn’t have to be a ton of rules, but they need to be clear and precise and posted where everyone can see them. Then not only do the posters need to abide by those rules, the mods do to. And the mods shouldn’t be acting alone unless there’s just something egregious.

Moderating one of these things is a thankless job. And it is a job. Trust me, I know. So I do have sympathy for the mods here. But you’ve got to have a plan, something that makes sense, and again, something that is clear and precise, and you’ve got to stick to it.
I think as a mod there should be a basic understanding and expectation that people are dumb and going to do dumb things. You will have to answer dumb questions and deal with dumb people. I do not exclude myself in that group.

Maybe because I deal with the public I am not surprised by dumb questions and answering the same dumb questions annually.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
This is a great example of how to insult a group rather than an individual. I appreciate it.

Let’s be honest - you should know what it is like dealing with people. People are difficult. This is mild compared to other internet mediums. Even compared to this place 10 years ago.

If you don’t want to have to deal with it don’t. Resign. I am sure someone will step in.

And if you are going to threaten to shut down the board then do it.

Most of your tirade is about one person - Jack Easterby. When you learn to get beyond that you will be much happier.
lol. I did not intend to hurt your feelings. You quoted me with some trite BS and I used it as a jumping point. My apologies. :tiphat:

Grown men should not need moderation.

But, it's the internet, I get it. Expecting folks to be respectful is obviously too much to expect.

I'm not threatening anything about the board. Hookem was ready to shut it down years ago. He asked if I wanted to step in to help save it. It's why the NSZ is gone. I had already taken a couple of years off. I was just visiting when he asked. I get now why Vinny and Chris no longer bother with the place.

If the attitude from guys like you - who I respect and like - is the above, then I'm probably just wasting my time.

My "tirade" is purely within a football bubble. None of this stuff impacts my life. I'm just being sarcastic and making fun of the circus. I guess that bothers some folks if they like the clowns. It's just entertainment to me, and that's all it should be to any of us that is not directly employed by Houston Texans, Inc.

So have fun chasing your tail, man. One day maybe you'll catch it. :howdy:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
lol. I did not intend to hurt your feelings. You quoted me with some trite BS and I used it as a jumping point. My apologies. :tiphat:

Grown men should not need moderation.

But, it's the internet, I get it. Expecting folks to be respectful is obviously too much to expect.

I'm not threatening anything about the board. Hookem was ready to shut it down years ago. He asked if I wanted to step in to help save it. It's why the NSZ is gone. I had already taken a couple of years off. I was just visiting when he asked. I get now why Vinny and Chris no longer bother with the place.

If the attitude from guys like you - who I respect and like - is the above, then I'm probably just wasting my time.

My "tirade" is purely within a football bubble. None of this stuff impacts my life. I'm just being sarcastic and making fun of the circus. I guess that bothers some folks if they like the clowns. It's just entertainment to me, and that's all it should be to any of us that is not directly employed by Houston Texans, Inc.

So have fun chasing your tail, man. One day maybe you'll catch it. :howdy:
TLDR.

Let’s call it a truce. We both had our emotional tirade. Just move forward. We could banter back and forth but it would only be a slap fight among children.

Speaking of which, I deal with salesman and small children. The whole “take away” thing always strikes a nerve. I like salesman just never the take away close. So whenever tempted to get the chance I will say bye. But flattery gets me to do anything as your post illustrates.

Btw - funny story about mods.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
TLDR.

Let’s call it a truce. We both had our emotional tirade. Just move forward. We could banter back and forth but it would only be a slap fight among children.

Speaking of which, I deal with salesman and small children. The whole “take away” thing always strikes a nerve. I like salesman just never the take away close. So whenever tempted to get the chance I will say bye. But flattery gets me to do anything as your post illustrates.

Btw - funny story about mods.

Oh c'mon, now, you read it. :fingergun:

But it's all cool. I'm just trying to keep the peace. That is my only agenda here.

Be good. :cowboy1:

Texian

Hall of Fame
I understand that they wanted as much cap space as soon as possible. Some dislike everything Foxboro and because of this dislike aren't going to agree with much of anything Caserio does. Heck, they wont even agree Caserio is doing business down on Kirby, even though he sign 30 FA's last offseason and that's never been done before down on Kirby.

They also dislike and dont trust what Cal or Caserio when they say Caserio's making the final calls on the football opps side of things. Even though Caserio has cut/traded guys signed to long term contracts when Easterby was GM. (Mercilus/Cunningham/ Cobb/Roby etc...

So I dont sEe their minds changing until after Caserio completes the rebuild and the Texans are winning again. It is what it is at this point.
It's the way of doing business, being fiscally irresponsible and a poor fiduciary is a primary indication that the thought process and decision making is equally as poor when it comes to critical thinking, common sense and logic.

There is a strong history that Belichick office assistants are trained to be administrative assistants and not managers. This is why all have been terrible managers. The history on this has been crystal clear. One area where these Belichick assistants have been able to do a good job is recreating the administrative gulag that permeates the halls of the New England Patriots. Former players describe the Texans version as a prison or dysfunctional. Unfortunately, not one admin has been able to recreate Bill Belichcik.

Circa 2012 is when I realized that Bob McNair was just another ego driven meddling owner, much like the Fords, Rankin Smith and John Mecom Jr. and his Texans would never amount to much. This has proven to be pretty much the case. I have consistently said as much, and you in fact were at one time, part of this camp. Since Cal has taken over running the Texans things have only gotten worse, much worse. So, my outlook hasn't changed, maybe even downgraded.

So, today I see the Texans as a dumpster fire, a clown show and circus. And it pretty much is. Cal owns the circus and Caserio and Easterby are the ringmasters. That's the way I see it. I see the Kool Aid Brigade as a bunch who are dismissive of Cal, think Easterby is not a problem and Caserio can do no wrong. Every decision made is the right decision regardless. Whether it is trading for players and then cutting them shortly after, restructuring contracts then cutting them or trading them, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players, creating records amount of dead money, hiring one of the most inexperienced persons to be the HC, all of this is/was the right thing to do, the ringmasters can do no wrong. And yet the Brigade thinks all of the 2021 decision making process will go thru a complete metamorphosis change in 2022. Times change, people don't. This leopard can't change its spots. The process lives and will continue.

So that is the difference between me and the Kool Aid Brigade and all those walking around wearing rose colored glasses. I understand perfectly, because I used to be a member of a brigade and wore those rose-colored glasses. As recently as 2006 to 2013. Another big difference here is I don't want the Brigade censored or kicked off the message board. It is far easier to just put them on ignore. They are entitled to express their opinions as much as I am. I enjoy having the choice of reading or not reading them.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
It's the way of doing business, being fiscally irresponsible and a poor fiduciary is a primary indication that the thought process and decision making is equally as poor when it comes to critical thinking, common sense and logic.

There is a strong history that Belichick office assistants are trained to be administrative assistants and not managers. This is why all have been terrible managers. The history on this has been crystal clear. One area where these Belichick assistants have been able to do a good job is recreating the administrative gulag that permeates the halls of the New England Patriots. Former players describe the Texans version as a prison or dysfunctional. Unfortunately, not one admin has been able to recreate Bill Belichcik.

Circa 2012 is when I realized that Bob McNair was just another ego driven meddling owner, much like the Fords, Rankin Smith and John Mecom Jr. and his Texans would never amount to much. This has proven to be pretty much the case. I have consistently said as much, and you in fact were at one time, part of this camp. Since Cal has taken over running the Texans things have only gotten worse, much worse. So, my outlook hasn't changed, maybe even downgraded.

So, today I see the Texans as a dumpster fire, a clown show and circus. And it pretty much is. Cal owns the circus and Caserio and Easterby are the ringmasters. That's the way I see it. I see the Kool Aid Brigade as a bunch who are dismissive of Cal, think Easterby is not a problem and Caserio can do no wrong. Every decision made is the right decision regardless. Whether it is trading for players and then cutting them shortly after, restructuring contracts then cutting them or trading them, using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players, creating records amount of dead money, hiring one of the most inexperienced persons to be the HC, all of this is/was the right thing to do, the ringmasters can do no wrong. And yet the Brigade thinks all of the 2021 decision making process will go thru a complete metamorphosis change in 2022. Times change, people don't. This leopard can't change its spots. The process lives and will continue.

So that is the difference between me and the Kool Aid Brigade and all those walking around wearing rose colored glasses. I understand perfectly, because I used to be a member of a brigade and wore those rose-colored glasses. As recently as 2006 to 2013. Another big difference here is I don't want the Brigade censored or kicked off the message board. It is far easier to just put them on ignore. They are entitled to express their opinions as much as I am. I enjoy having the choice of reading or not reading them.
Please stop being a douchebag, sir. Thank you.

Is this the correct way?

banned1976

sleeper mode
For what it's worth, I've always felt the mods do a great job with this board. This board is quite literally my only connection to the team. I don't listen to talk radio anymore, haven't in about a year, maybe longer. I don't subscribe to the local newspaper, digital or otherwise. The team is a drag but this board has been entertaining. And really, it's not that hard to just ignore crap that someone writes to you or about you.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't listen to talk radio anymore, haven't in about a year,
I got off sportstalk as well, for over a year. I just started tuning in every now & again since they fired Culley, listening for news on the coaching search.

It's bad. I understand the Texans rightfully deserve the criticism they get, but it's a bit much when they speculate on top of their speculations.

Dam them if McCown is the new HC, but wait until it's done. It's different, I have no problem with criticizing the Texans for interviewing McCown for the HC position. But these guys are acting like it's a done deal & they know who pulled what strings to make it happen. But it didn't happen.

I'm glad we haven't heard or seen Jack Easterby since Caserio was hired. But these guys act like Easterby is dodging them specifically.

It's insane. & most of the listeners are eating it up.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
On occasion over the years I've had posts deleted or edited by mods. It's all good and I frequently step over the line. (My bad.) Sometimes they put their reasoning in the alerts and it's a shame no one else gets to see it. Hilarious. I know it's a thankless job ,but I appreciate it.

Keep up the hard work mods.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Atleast you didn't ban him when you misread his post.
The way the system works, it's not me that bans anyone. You have to get 10 warning points in a specific amount of time.

So a guy basically bans himself by ignoring the warnings & do the same thing again & again & again

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
My opinion, which doesn't count for much.

Any website banning peoples opinions is analogous to children putting their finger in their ears and chanting nah nah, nah nah.

Banning sucks. Can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. We don't all think alike.

Shouldn't go online expecting to have your ego massaged. Report button? :lol:= Whiners button!

But that's just me. I'm easy. I kowtow to silly rules. I sometimes like vanilla.

:coffee:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You would not visit this place if we allowed everyone that's been banned to post here. It would be worse than Reddit and regular members would abandon the place.

It has nothing to do with "abuse of power" and EVERYTHING to do with basic standards. If folks want flame wars and to insult people, there are plenty of places to go on the internet for that nonsense. I will never apologize for having standards.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The way the system works, it's not me that bans anyone. You have to get 10 warning points in a specific amount of time.

So a guy basically bans himself by ignoring the warnings & do the same thing again & again & again
This system was set up for members to define themselves with their own words, and sometimes that means their inability to follow basic rules ends up biting themselves in the ass. :rake:

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
You would not visit this place if we allowed everyone that's been banned to post here. It would be worse than Reddit and regular members would abandon the place.

It has nothing to do with "abuse of power" and EVERYTHING to do with basic standards. If folks want flame wars and to insult people, there are plenty of places to go on the internet for that nonsense. I will never apologize for having standards.

Sure I would. Lots of posters I conversed with here are now gone, for one reason or another I suppose. ( some banned? idonno: ) My loss.

I enjoy coming here to catch up on Texans news and entertainment and some posters wild speculating / postulating.
Actually some I would ban for spouting unadulterated horse excrement.:D

I don't recall accusing anyone here of abusing their power? If I did, can I take it back?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Sure I would. Lots of posters I conversed with here are now gone, for one reason or another I suppose. ( some banned? idonno: ) My loss.

I enjoy coming here to catch up on Texans news and entertainment and some posters wild speculating / postulating.
Actually some I would ban for spouting unadulterated horse excrement.:D

I don't recall accusing anyone here of abusing their power? If I did, can I take it back?

We will let sleeping dogs lie (i.e. not naming names), but I'll just say that there was some seriously toxic stuff going on that was leading to this forum being closed permanently (talking about legal threats and physical threats between members).

austins23

Hall of Fame
We will let sleeping dogs lie (i.e. not naming names), but I'll just say that there was some seriously toxic stuff going on that was leading to this forum being closed permanently (talking about legal threats and physical threats between members).
You're not talking about @powda going to Chicago and arresting the "potato chip" bandits, MeatBear and his other goof sidekick (the name escapes me), are you? :laughjump:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Banning sucks.
Banning doesn't suck. The posters who warrant being banned do. Those are people who hide in anonymity behind their screens and don't give a flying rat's ass about the well being of the community that's been built on whatever MB. And this is a community. If people would treat it like walking in to a room full of people, they wouldn't say half the ignorant shit they do. I mean, some a-holes probably still would. There's always a-holes. And they'd be dealt with accordingly.

DB is 1000% correct. The trolls and flaming, insults, all of that nonsense do run people off. I've watched a community like this burn up in flames before because moderators just let anything go. People don't join these things to have insults hurled at them and be talked down to. They're here to talk football. And when that turns to shit, they will go somewhere else. Hell, just look back in the archives here and see all the posters that used to post who don't anymore.

This place exists because somebody cared enough to make it so. That doesn't mean they have to let it go to shit because you think banning some a-hole who doesn't give a **** sucks. Somebody made this place possible, and they have every right to make whatever rules they wish. If you don't like it, find someplace that fits you. Or that somebody could just shut the whole damn thing down.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Banning doesn't suck. The posters who warrant being banned do. Those are people who hide in anonymity behind their screens and don't give a flying rat's ass about the well being of the community that's been built on whatever MB. And this is a community. If people would treat it like walking in to a room full of people, they wouldn't say half the ignorant shit they do. I mean, some a-holes probably still would. There's always a-holes. And they'd be dealt with accordingly.

DB is 1000% correct. The trolls and flaming, insults, all of that nonsense do run people off. I've watched a community like this burn up in flames before because moderators just let anything go. People don't join these things to have insults hurled at them and be talked down to. They're here to talk football. And when that turns to shit, they will go somewhere else. Hell, just look back in the archives here and see all the posters that used to post who don't anymore.

This place exists because somebody cared enough to make it so. That doesn't mean they have to let it go to shit because you think banning some a-hole who doesn't give a **** sucks. Somebody made this place possible, and they have every right to make whatever rules they wish. If you don't like it, find someplace that fits you. Or that somebody could just shut the whole damn thing down.

Colorful adjectives you choose to express yourself.:lol:

I don't spend as much time here as some others do. I have not personally read the "chit" posted by the a-hole that you are referring to.

Only "chit" I have read here is attacks by a few made against Texans leadership & against posters with strong unpopular opinions. I just consider the source and move on.
I don't believe in the ignore button either.

My ban sucks comment was not aimed at any individual but the act itself. It is a popular way to control the narrative though.
I'll still hang around as long as the site is here.

Unless you choose to ban me for responding and expressing my opinion. :worldpeace:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

badboy

Hall of Fame
You're not talking about @powda going to Chicago and arresting the "potato chip" bandits, MeatBear and his other goof sidekick (the name escapes me), are you? :laughjump:
There was that Houston police officer who invited someone down to his Workstation for a confrontation if I remember correctly?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Racism will not be tolerated on this forum, even when veiled in low grade sarcasm.

It would seem like an obvious statement. But, since there is no standing rules stating it specifically, this is that official notification.

Sliding scale enforcement: first strike is notification from a mod, 2nd strike is a temp-ban, and it should be obvious what a 3rd strike means.

I'm not pointing fingers or singling out any specific examples here. I'm just updating the rules to reflect the type of forum that we would like to run for our members.

Bans are neither issued lightly nor unilaterally. All ban actions are subject to review by the owner, admin, and mod team.

Thank you for your understanding. :howdy:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Mentioning Watson's name now is cause for the post to get deleted now? But where it's quoted stands? How juvenile is that?
Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson Watson

I am really that juvenile .

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Mentioning Watson's name now is cause for the post to get deleted now? But where it's quoted stands? How juvenile is that?
Did you get a notification saying it was because you mentioned Watson?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Somehow you became the face of the mods.

And yes - that’s your fault too.
As most Old-Timers here I recall a certain moderator who is no longer with us and in comparison I can put up with Thunderyss no matter what he says or does. But that's probably just me