Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans ~vs~ Titans

Diehardtexan

Waterboy
It was a great one half of football yesterday....lets move on to the next game. I think the Texans learn every week from those games.. I hope they see what the fans see...Blitz like you did last week in the second half and throw like you did in the second half this week...Just do it all four quarters.
02-texan279-.------------------31---------------------13
03-LonghornBabe---------------21---------------------17
04-Austin Texan Fan------------28---------------------21
05-jacquescas------------------31---------------------24
06-edo-------------------------24---------------------21
07-rittenhouserobz--------------24---------------------17
08-corrosion--------------------38---------------------20
09-brickmantexanfan------------35---------------------31
10-jr0ck------------------------28---------------------17
11-Double Barrel----------------24---------------------17

I heard that the Titans are wearing their throwback uniforms for the Texans game. What, you mean they'll be the Oilers?!? HA! That would be funny! :D

And I hope it's true, because we all know that the smurf blue is what kept them a mere yard from scoring in that Superbowl a few years ago. ;)

Seriously, tho', I think we've got a great chance next Sunday. After falling 0-4 to the Titans, we have to beat them sometime!

Austin_Texan_Fan said:
Double,

Were did you hear that? I would LOVE to see the Texans beat up on the "Oilers"

It was mentioned on the post game show last night (can't remember the name of the show, but it is Channel 13's 10:30 show with Charlie Casserly).

They weren't sure if it will be Oilers unis or what, but what else could the Titans' "throwback" be but the Oilers?!

I would absolutely LOVE to see our Texans whoop up on the "Oilers"!

ps. go Packers tonight!!

For once im gonna predict a Texans win , the Titanic's cant do anything right this year . McNair is one tough cookie but the rest of the team is suspect .

Texans 38 ( new franchise high )
Titanics 20

I'll make my prediction later in the week. I'm still 5-0 on picking our games on these boards. I'm leaning towards the Texans atm but I am not sure yet.

TheOgre said:
I'll make my prediction later in the week. I'm still 5-0 on picking our games on these boards. I'm leaning towards the Texans atm but I am not sure yet.

I'll be waiting for your pick Ogre :thumbup

The Texans have never beaten the Titans @ home or away have they?

Double Barrel said:
Nope. We are 0-4 against the Titans/Oilers. :( (and the same with the Colts, too!)

from HoustonTexans.com- Titans lead 3-0

2003: Titans 38-17 (TEN)

Titans, 27-24 (HOU)

2002: Titans, 17-10 (TEN)

Titans, 13-3 (HOU)

(Points: TEN 95, HOU 54)

texans - 28

titans - 17

if DD starts, look for his first big game of the year w/out a turnover! titans are suspect against the run right now, 100+yds on the ground from DD! :headbang: :thumbup :twocents:

Name------------------------Texans----------------Titans
11-Double Barrel.----------------24---------------------17
12-gwallaia.---------------------28---------------------20
13-Doug.------------------------34---------------------23
14-3rdCoastPlaya----------------28---------------------14
15-axman40---------------------34---------------------27
16-Texan281.--------------------27---------------------19
17-Texas Heat-------------------17---------------------31
18-Oilers/Texans-----------------33---------------------17
19-TEXANS84--------------------24---------------------17
20-Bottle-O-Bud-----------------03---------------------00
21-Beerlover---------------------27---------------------34
22-RTP2110.---------------------20---------------------07
23-FILO girl----------------------21---------------------17

Houston - 33

Tennessee - 17

The Tennessee uniforms won't be old Oiler uniforms. They will just be regular Titan jerseys but a solid blue with light blue numbers. Didn't they wear these uniforms during an ESPN game last year or year before. I think they are going with a more alternate jersey rather than a "throwback". They can't wear Oilers uniforms anyway, since this is a different franchise.

Actually, it is the same franchise, different name.

Which is why the Titans still have ALL of the old Oilers' records as part of the team (as well as the smurf...errrr...colombia blue in their current uniforms). Plus, they retired Earl's number 34 a couple of years ago (to his credit, he refused to attend the ceremony as he said he never played in Tennessee and he was never a Titan).

Good to hear that they won't be playing as Oilers, tho'! (not that I thought they would, but it would have been pretty funny! :p )

This is more than just a name change, this is now a totally different franchise...I don't care what Bud Adams says. I just don't see how the Titans can benefit comming out in old Oiler uniforms, the Titan fans would not show up for the game. They hated the Houston Oilers. They don't want any ties to the Oilers. They wanted their own franchise, they got it.

beerlover said:
I'm waiting till after tonights game http://www.titansonline.com/ to make my prediction :cool:

Are the Texans going to have a hard time stopping the run again? I think so & that wears down the defense and controls the clock. Turnovers, there not giving any, can the Texans take away? Maybe, but don't count on it. Just when you think you have containment, McNair bootlegs or they run a mis-direction. The Titans have lost both home games this season, would you expect them to lose three in a row? I was going to wait for Ogre but I'm beating him to the punch this time-

TEXANS 27 TITANS 34

This is going to be a tough one again but think out of pure spite we will take it. Going for 3-3...

TEXANS- 21
Tacks- 17

Oilers/Texans said:
This is more than just a name change, this is now a totally different franchise...I don't care what Bud Adams says. I just don't see how the Titans can benefit comming out in old Oiler uniforms, the Titan fans would not show up for the game. They hated the Houston Oilers. They don't want any ties to the Oilers. They wanted their own franchise, they got it.

Yeah, I completely agree with you. Bud should have just started the Titans as a new franchise with their own records.

But that's not the Bud we all know and love! :hehe:

I remember that "throwback" uni you mentioned from last year. It seems to be more of an alternate one to me (like the battle red jerseys for the Texans), rather than a "throwback". I mean, they haven't even been the Titans for a decade and they want to go retro?!? whatever. It's more about Bud's pocketbook than anything... :twocents:

beerlover said:
The Titans have lost both home games this season, would you expect them to lose three in a row?

That's funny, because I was just thinking the same exact thing about Green Bay before last night's game. Texans win 20-7.

jr0ck said:
texans - 28

titans - 17

if DD starts, look for his first big game of the year w/out a turnover! titans are suspect against the run right now, 100+yds on the ground from DD! :headbang: :thumbup :twocents:
So were the chiefs, DD has alot to prove

So were the chiefs, DD has alot to prove

no doubt, but my boast has a stat to back it up. the cheifs were giving up a league high 162yds a game, but the titans were giving up a league high 5.5yds a carry. although they stuffed aman green last night, that number is still prob around 5yds a carry. if we keep DD between the tackles and the line gives him some semblence of a cut back, then i think DD will rip a few big'ens into the secondary.

Name------------------------Texans----------------Titans
11-Double Barrel.----------------24---------------------17
12-gwallaia.---------------------28---------------------20
13-Doug.------------------------34---------------------23
14-3rdCoastPlaya----------------28---------------------14
15-axman40---------------------34---------------------27
16-Texan281.--------------------27---------------------19
17-Texas Heat-------------------17---------------------31
18-Oilers/Texans-----------------33---------------------17
19-TEXANS84--------------------24---------------------17
20-Bottle-O-Bud-----------------03---------------------00
21-Beerlover---------------------27---------------------34
22-RTP2110.---------------------20---------------------07
23-FILO girl----------------------21---------------------17
24-Joe Texan--------------------35---------------------18

The third uniform, is called alternate.

After yesterday's impressive win against GB, that will serve for a brighter future in the Titans plans.

Thompson 2 interceptions, Chris Brown 148 yds., Steve McNair 208 yds. 2 TD passes, Fleming (rookie) got a great TD pass. Rookies are stepping up, and that's a great sign. The injured players will recover, except for Sirmon and Zach Piller, both are IR.

The refs called ugly plays against us...they called some plays awfuly. Like Samari Rolle's interception being overruled and two other calls that were parcial to GB.

Is going to be a good football game next Sunday against your team, with the Jags and Texans losses, things at the AFC South are more than interesting.

We need some team to stop the Colts, though. :woot

Texans 24 Titans 21

The only reason it will be this close is because of Capers trying to "keep it close" early in the game..hehe..Hopefully it will be a good game.

This is another both teams need a win game. The titans arent as fantastic as they were in the past at home. So its 50/50.

Hey, nobody thought the Astros could/would win 19 in a row at Minutemaid, either!

Any given Sunday, man! Our team can beat ANYONE on any given Sunday. We beat Carolina last year, and took New England into OT!! These were the two Superbowl teams!

So don't give up hope just yet! One of these days will be our day to (finally) beat those Titans, so why not this week?!

The Titans do not look as invincible as they used to, and our team is hungry for wins. Chin up! :)

That is true any given sunday the Texans can do anything. They have proved that. It just comes down to how really bad do they want. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Texans will mow down the Oilers like they're not even there.

But not this week. Not till it's a home game.

Playing without Wade and Walker, the sacks come back and Chris Brown has another huge day. Just to remind all the draft-day doubters here and in other forums, though, Babin DOES have a good game and Ben Troupe continues to do nothing to impress anyone. In the end, the Oilers will win the day.

Oilers 31
Texans 27

(Yes, I'm still working on the reverse psychology thing. Hey, it almost worked again last week!!)

Right now im living in Memphis TN. Lets just say i let everyone know Im a Texan. If we win Sunday im going to let everyone know it. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back