Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs. Eagles Matchups

TEXANRED said:
Sorry. I have never seen any thing great out of McNabb. He is an average QB that can't win big games.

Numerous playoff games. 2005 NFC Championship Game. But those don't count.

If the Eagles are ahead he does great, but you put him behind the 8-ball and he falls apart. But thats my opinion.

Don't great QB's lead their teams to leads, and keep them from getting behind? Oh, and check videotape of last year's game against Kansas City in KC. That should strengthen your argument.

The only difference between McNabb and Carr is a soup commercial and throwing up on national T.V.

And five pro-bowls. And one MVP runner-up season. And one Super Bowl appearance. And six playoff appearances. And....

Andy Reid is responsible for McNabbs success. Look what he did for Feeley. Got a second round pick for a third string QB. Ha.

Isn't any coach responsible for his QB's success? The great ones tailor their plans to their QB's strengths. This just proves that the coaching of the Texans has always stunk.

I think its funny that Carr does the same things as McNabb and people idolize McNabb for some bizarre reason.

I don't think that losing and spending most of your career staring at the sky is what McNabb has been doing.

RiotCommander said:
Hey live off past success if it makes you feel better. And your season was rather comical last year. I really liked the sit-ups in the driveway.

In all seriousness I hope someone lays T.O. out this year, and I don't much care who does it. The guy gets away with doing anything he wants, and there is always some other schmuck waiting to pick him up.

I hope the Texans lays Owens out. That would rock.

flylikeaneagle said:
Last season. Ummmm, McNabb got injured in Week 1 last year. Yes, Hasslebeck was the leading QB in the NFC last year but would not have if McNabb was healthy. I can bet you on that.

Bulger finished number two in passer rating and he was hurt too. He only played 8 games. McNabb performed pretty much up to his average as a QB in this league with the exception of the TO year. Calling him a top 3 NFL QB is sheer homerism. When he's got a legit competition just to be the top 3 NFC QB.

flylikeaneagle said:
Wow.... this thread is hilarious. I give some of you Texans fans kudos for knowing what is what and others --- well y'all have some major issues.

Carr is better than McNabb? Wow. I never ever ever thought I would hear anybody say that.

Howard had no help when he was with the Saints. Everybody knows that. Come on now. Putting him in there on the Eagles Defense with Kearse is going to be insane. Everybody knows that you need at least one great DE and one decent DE on the ends to even be competitive. One side breaks down, the other one does also. Have you ever even played one down of football in your life? Oh yeah, watch out for McCoy... the guy is one crazy mofo out on the field.

DEFENSE:

Trotter MLB - 4-time probowler for a reason.
Kearse DE - 3-time probowler -- you know who he is.
Patterson LDT - made an immediate impact in his rookie campaign (2005), leading the defensive line with 66 tackles and leading all Eagle DTs and NFL rookie DTs with 3.5 sacks.
Walker RDT - 4th is most sacks as a DT since 2002 w/ 20.5 sacks
Howard DE - 44.5 sacks in six season as a SAINT
Jones SLB - lucky to be starting -- hot & cold.
McCoy WLB - 2nd year player and an animal out on the field
Brown CB - Should have been a probowler last year but he had 4 INTs and was one of three NFL players to record a touchdown via a fumble return and via an interception return.
Sheppard CB - Probowler and can be a major force
Dawkins FS - 5 time probowler and future Hall of Famer... enough said!
Lewis SS - Houston is home but Philly is where his heart lies. Probowler and 402 tackles in three years. Lewis and Dawkins are the top safety tandem in the NFL.

Yeah..... you should be scared. :shades:

OFFENSE:

McNabb QB - 5-time probowler and one of the biggest threats in the NFL via the air or the ground. Highest winning percentage among active QBs in the NFL (.682). Lowest Interception Percentage among active NFL QBs (2.24). NFC Offensive Player of the Year in 2004. On the road to being the most winningest QB in a decade.

mcnabb1_05stats.jpg

2,943 Pass Attepts, 1718 Completions, 19,433 passing yards, and 134 Passing TDs... you do the math. Watch the guy play and get out of bad situations. The guy amazes me and the commentators every time. He is just in his prime now. McNabb holds the first spot for the record for most consecutive pass attempts completed — 24 — against the New York Giants and Green Bay Packers in 2004 over two games. McNabb is the second least intercepted quarterback per pass attempt in NFL history, behind only Neil O'Donnell, formerly of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is the only NFL Quarterback in history to throw for more than 30 touchdowns and less than 10 Interceptions in a season (2004 - 31 TD, 8 INT). Want more? LOL!

LJ SMITH TE - in the Top Ten for best TEs in the NFL. He had 61 receptions last year for 682 yards -- 3 TDs. Many TEs went to the Probowl with those numbers. He is also a great blocker and this will only be his third year. Last year was his first year as a starter.

William 'Tra' Thomas OT - 3-time probowler.

Runyan OT - probowler. Has started in all 96 regular season games as an Eagle.

Herremans LG - First saw him play last year. Will have to see what he can do as a started. Not sure on this one.

Jackson G - Looked great thusfar but will have to see as the season progresses. He is a beast though.

Andrews G - A monster that every QB in the NFL wants to have protecting them. Probowler and will be the next Larry Allen.

Tapeh FB - tough kid that can run. Will have to see what he can do. Good blocker thusfar.

Westbrook RB - Probowler. He just keeps getting better and better. One of the biggest threats in the NFL.

west1_stats_06.jpg

Buckhalter RB - If he stays healthy this year, he will be a probowler.

Stallworth WR - had 70 receptions for 945 yards and 7 TDs last year with the Saints. Who was his QB? Yeah, exactly. Who is his QB this year? Now you are getting the picture.

Brown WR - #1 WR on the depth charts for a reason. Going to be a probowler if he stays healthy this year and will turn a lot of heads by the end of the season. Despite being a full-time starter for just the final nine games of the season, he led all NFL rookies with 571 receiving yards. Who was his QB for a lot of those games? McMahon. Imagine what he will accomplish this year with McNabb at QB. DAYUM!

Akers K - 3-time probowler. Ranks tied for 4th on the NFL's all-time list with an 82.0% career field goal percentage (155 of 189 atts.) Plays just as well when he is hurt also. He hits 57 yarders for breakfast.
Awesome post flylikeaneagle. Bravo.:superman:

texasguy346 said:
Bulger finished number two in passer rating and he was hurt too. He only played 8 games. McNabb performed pretty much up to his average as a QB in this league with the exception of the TO year. Calling him a top 3 NFL QB is sheer homerism. When he's got a legit competition just to be the top 3 NFC QB.

Passer rating? You bring up passer ratings? LMAO!!! Wow. Yeah, I forgot that Bulger had a sports hernia. Silly me. :tease:

southtexan said:
Not McNabb.
I'll assume that this means you'd take Carr over McNabb.

In which case, that's all that I need to prove my point that very few on this board can see outside the border of the state of Texas.

flylikeaneagle said:
Passer rating? You bring up passer ratings? LMAO!!! Wow. Yeah, I forgot that Bulger had a sports hernia. Silly me. :tease:

Take a look at the top 3 QBs in the NFL in passer ratings then get back to me. Here I'll make it easy for you.

Palmer, Manning, Brady. I dunno perhaps it's a legit way to judge a QB's performance.

FlyEaglesFly said:
Funny how Texans are the only ones who see their state as great. Every one else just views them as pompous, arrogant rednecks. Hmmmmm.

I am not a Texan but I live here and it is GREAT. I love it. The people who think what you just posted are just ignorant. Pure and simple. I love Pennsylvania. Really beautiful state and I go there to visit up in the mountains once a month. Texas rocks though.

1. The Eagles have to be the favorite in this game, after the Texans went 2-14. Eagle fans need to keep in mind that they are not playing the same Texans from last year. Lots of new players, tons of new coaches, totally different scheme on both sides of the ball. Many of the guys on this team didn't experience a 2-14 season last year.

2. As a Texans fan I would trade Carr for McNabb in a heart beat. McNabb has been better, no way anyone can argue otherwise. (But had Carr gone to the Eagles and McNabb been the starter as a rookie on an expansion team, he probably wouldn't have numbers that different from Carr's.)

3. Reliant Stadium is not a easy place to play on opening day.

4. If the Eagles give the Texans as little respect as members of the media and philly fans do, then the Eagles will lose this game.

5. Don't expect the Eagles to get a ton of sacks. Against Kubiaks offense last year the Eagles only got one sack on the Broncos. The combination of zone blocking for the running attack and moving the pocket around for the pass can drive a d-lineman crazy. Philly has a great d-line but they will not be as big of a factor as they would be with a traditional offense with a stationary pocket.

personally I am predicting that the Texans running back with the most carries will have over 100 yards of rushing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans have over 150 yards of total rushing.

Green Bird said:
I'll assume that this means you'd take Carr over McNabb.

In which case, that's all that I need to prove my point that very few on this board can see outside the border of the state of Texas.
If I had a choice I'd take Brady over Carr and McNabb. Since I don't have that choice I'd have to settle for Carr.

texasguy346 said:
Take a look at the top 3 QBs in the NFL in passer ratings then get back to me. Here I'll make it easy for you.

Palmer, Manning, Brady. I dunno perhaps it's a legit way to judge a QB's performance.

I did not disagree with you but McNabb was out last year so it's a mute point you are trying to make. Ooooh wow. Three QBs with the highest passer ratings. Too bad none of the three listed above has anything to do with this thread and it's ongoing conversation. :shades:

FlyEaglesFly said:
Funny how Texans are the only ones who see their state as great. Every one else just views them as pompous, arrogant rednecks. Hmmmmm.

I guess someone got under your skin. Do I need to give the public view of Eagles fans? No? then lets just leave the inaccurate stereotypes out of this shall we?

flylikeaneagle said:
I am not a Texan but I live here and it is GREAT. I love it. The people who think what you just posted are just ignorant. Pure and simple. I love Pennsylvania. Really beautiful state and I go there to visit up in the mountains once a month. Texas rocks though.
I live in California and love it. The wheather is perfect here in La Jolla. However, I do miss Philly all the time and cherish my trips back. Cali is great, but the food in Philly is 10 times better.:bananasplit: In fact, a cheesesteak or tasty cake sounds good right about now. I wish some one could mail me some.:crying:

LBC_Justin said:
4. If the Eagles give the Texans as little respect as members of the media and philly fans do, then the Eagles will lose this game.

Obviously you do not listen to any of the press conferences. The Eagles do respect the Texans and what they have in the organization. Andy Reid said it. Lurie said it. McNabb said it. Trotter and Dawkins has said it. Nobody is going into this game thinking that this will be a cakewalk win. The Eagles organization is not like that and neither are the fans. We just think our team is way better is all and why not? LMAO! :shades:

RiotCommander said:
I guess someone got under your skin. Do I need to give the public view of Eagles fans? No? then lets just leave the inaccurate stereotypes out of this shall we?
Are you kidding me? What stereotypes? The posters on this board are doing a good job of living up to them........I couldn't care less if you stereotype Eagles fans. I'm fine with knowing we're the most passionate fans in the NFL.

FlyEaglesFly said:
I live in California and love it. The wheather is perfect here in La Jolla. However, I do miss Philly all the time and cherish my trips back. Cali is great, but the food in Philly is 10 times better.:bananasplit: In fact, a cheesesteak or tasty cake sounds good right about now. I wish some one could mail me some.:crying:

We have tastykakes in Texas. :tease:

TEXANRED said:
Heres my humble opinion.

QB. McNabb/Carr. This match up is even with a slight edge to Carr. Oh I know what the haters have said but lets face facts, Carr is more mobile than McNabb and has about the same accuracy (We all saw the super-bowl, and hasn't been the same since). McNabb had one good passer year and that was with TO on the team, Pre TO McNabb used his legs to make plays. Carr has been the second best rushing QB behind Vick for the last three years. Carr has a bigger arm and is throwing to better quality receivers than what McNabb has. Carr, despite having Gaffney and Bradford and being sacked 67 times he still threw 14 TD's. I have said this for a while now, McNabb is way over-rated.

WR. Johnson/Moulds vs Stallworth/Brown. Without going in depth, Stallworth is another Bradford and Brown would be a #4 on our team.

O-Line. Even. I think. Texans gave up 4 sacks in 4 games against some really good D-Lines. St.Louis and Denver are very good teams. Our one weakness is going to be Weigert.

RB. Texans. Zone blocking. Ron Dayne is a huge pick up. Lundy is solid and Morency can score from anywhere on the field. Ya Ya the Eagles have Westbrook but he is not really a RB but I will get to him in a sec.

TE. Texans. Who do the Eagle have? Smith. Texans have Daniels, Bruener, Putzier and FB/TE BennieJ.

D. This is where I think the Eagles have the advantage.

D-Line. I am giving the edge to the Texans but not by much. IMO the Texans D-Line is more flexible. Weaver, Williams, TJ, Payne for run situations and then Peek, Babin, Williams, Weaver in passing situations.

LB. This one goes to the Eagles. Texans have Ryans but for me the jury is still out on Greenwood. Other than that we lack depth and Orr is going to have to play in a 4/3.

Secondary. Eagles. We got Robinson but thats about it. And no depth due to injury. Eagles CB's are pretty good and the Eagles have Dawkins which is huge.

Kicker. Eagles. I hate Kris Brown. sorry to be so blunt but thats how I feel. Ackers is a very good Kicker, and if it comes down to field goals the Texans will lose this game. Your one job on the team is to kick the football and you shank 35 yard field goals? Your fired.

The X factor. Westbrook or Peek? With Westbrook on the field, you have to account for him. Running or Catching Westbrook will kill your team with a single play. Peek. If the games on the line and you need a stop or turn over, thats your man. Whether its blocking a punt or destroying the QB, in crunch situations he's the single most dangerous defensive player on the field.

But that is just my opinion. I have been know to be wrong once or twice.:redtowel:
QB- I'm not sure if it's the crack you're smoking or the kool aid you're drinking but Carr does not have an edge on McNabb.

WR- You are correct, you have a slight edge in this department. But to go and say Stallworth sucks and Brown would be a #4 on your team is quite homerific.

RB- I don't know why you are so in love with Ron Dayne. He's bounced around multiple times and he hasn't shown he can be good. He has had flashes but he's not even close to consistent. Lundy was good coming out of college but to compare him to one of the most agile running backs in the NFL is ridiculous. If zone blocking automatically worked miracles for every team that used it... EVERY TEAM WOULD USE IT!

OL- Not even. Not even close. I'm not going to even start on how pathetic your line is so I'll keep it short and sweet by referring to the experts. The Eagles (according to Fantasy Football index) have the 6th best O-Line while the Texans have the 30th. You can complain about being a couple numbers off (like 11 to 15 for example) but when the ranking is 6 to 30- it's pretty obvious who's better.

TE- Once again you are just making yourself look stupid. Smith/Schoebel>>>>>Putzier/Bruener/Daniels

DL- HAHAHA. What a joke. You can't grade your own flexibility when you know nothing of ours (as if flexibility really counts that much anyway I'm going by your idiotic idea). Base D- Howard, Walker, Patterson, Kearse and for the pass it would be Cole Howard Walker and Kearse.

LB- Trotter is a beast, Jones is a solid starter and McCoy is a work in progress. Glad we could see eye to eye.

DB- CB's are pretty good? Easily one of the best tandems in the NFL. Actually the whole DB group is one of the best in the NFL.

Peek? Who the hell is Peek?

flylikeaneagle said:
I did not disagree with you but McNabb was out last year so it's a mute point you are trying to make. Ooooh wow. Three QBs with the highest passer ratings. Too bad none of the three listed above has anything to do with this thread and it's ongoing conversation. :shades:

One of your fellow Eagle trolls made it a point to say McNabb was a TOP 3 NFL QB!!! Last time I checked those guys played in the NFL and were far and away better QBs than McNabb. So if you have an issue with it I suggest you take it up with your fellow Eagles fan back at your lovenest or birdsnest or whatever you call it. Again, McNabb and Bulger were BOTH OUT last year. Bulger played in 8 games and McNabb played in 9. Bulger still finished ahead of him. As did 6 other players in the NFC alone. Not a ringing endorsement for what one fan claimed to be a "Top 3 NFL QB". Homerism runs rampant on both sides of the fence.

RiotCommander said:
You guys were in the playoffs last year? Someone check that for me I was almost sure they were 6-10.
Yet again, another Einstein who takes time to read the entire post.

The comment was that McNabb has been the leading rusher for the team over the past 4-5 years. My point goes to watching the playoffs over those years, seeing that he's only led the team twice in rushing in those games, which is indicative of how those seasons went. I use the playoffs because that's the only game that the entire country is guaranteed to watch.

You know, the playoffs. Never heard of them. Yes, there is football after Week 17 in the NFL.

Green Bird said:
Hands down.

I love it when other fans focus on Eagles' fans to bash them. Just proves to me that we are one of the best teams in the league.

Think of it this way: When the Chicago Bulls would come to town, no one ever boo'd Horace Grant!
You are one of the best teams in the league? Last year you were 6-10. This season you're 0-0 and so are we.

texasguy346 said:

By this logic, Brad Johnson is a better QB than McNabb, because his passer rating last year was better.

southtexan said:
You are one of the best teams in the league? Last year you were 6-10. This season you're 0-0 and so are we.
How about the year before? And the year before? And the year before? And the year before? And the year before?

Again, if you can't see the root cause for the backslide of last year, you need to expand your NFL viewing to include teams not based in Houston.

Green Bird said:
By this logic, Brad Johnson is a better QB than McNabb, because his passer rating last year was better.

Judge their performances last year. Who was the better QB last season? The guy who lead his team from the bottom of the NFC to contention or the guy who saw his team implode and drop to 6-10?

Green Bird said:
How about the year before? And the year before? And the year before? And the year before? And the year before?

Again, if you can't see the root cause for the backslide of last year, you need to expand your NFL viewing to include teams not based in Houston.
Well..... you're talking about the past.

Green Bird said:
Hands down.

I love it when other fans focus on Eagles' fans to bash them. Just proves to me that we are one of the best teams in the league.

Think of it this way: When the Chicago Bulls would come to town, no one ever boo'd Horace Grant!

Newsflash: You are not singled out because you are one of the best teams in the league, you are singled out because you have no class. Let me know if you need anything else cleared up for you.

texasguy346 said:
One of your fellow Eagle trolls made it a point to say McNabb was a TOP 3 NFL QB!!! Last time I checked those guys played in the NFL and were far and away better QBs than McNabb. So if you have an issue with it I suggest you take it up with your fellow Eagles fan back at your lovenest or birdsnest or whatever you call it. Again, McNabb and Bulger were BOTH OUT last year. Bulger played in 8 games and McNabb played in 9. Bulger still finished ahead of him. As did 6 other players in the NFC alone. Not a ringing endorsement for what one fan claimed to be a "Top 3 NFL QB". Homerism runs rampant on both sides of the fence.

Okay... but let me say this. McNabb... was.... injured.... all.... year. He... got... hurt... in... Week.... 1. Bulger did not get hurt until Week 6 against Indy so of course Bulger would have better numbers. When you go 6-8 in a game... that will help boost your QB rating. LOL! Bulger then was healthy for weeks 10 and 11 before being knocked out again during week 11 in the late 3rd QTR.

To me, the best QBs in the NFL today are Peyton Manning, Brady, and McNabb. McNabb is the best QB in the NFC.

FlyEaglesFly said:
Damn you.:mad:

sadly, I've yet to find a cheesesteak that comes close to D'Allessandro's or Jim's.

They're decent but, meh.

We have a pretty good cheesesteak place here in Houston called Jake's. Good stuff but nothing like the kind you get in Philly.

Texadelphia sucks.

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
Not to be a jerk, but you haven't a clue of what you speak.

Go back to 2003. Our leading rusher wasn't Duce Staley. It was Buck. And if you look back to that season you'll see that the Eagles can, and WILL run the ball effectively.

2003 rushing yards:
BrianWestbrook: 613 yards 5.2ypc
Corell Buckhalter: 542 yards 4.3ypc
Duce Staley: 463 yards 4.8ypc
D. McNabb: 355 yards 5.0ypc

I never said Duce was your leading rusher in 2003. I said youu haven't had a running game since DuceStaley..... obviously, that year you had a running game was prior to 2003. 1600 yards isn't much of a running game, coming from 3 running backs...... it's not the kind of thing you plan around.

'sides tater, if you knew what you were talking about(being an Eaglesfan) you'd know when & if Buckhalter(your best runner) ever lead your team in rushing.

Green Bird said:
From here on, there shall be no more mention of anything that happened in the preseason. Nothing.

It matters not. The only people who put stock in preseason performance are people whose teams don't have much else to talk about.

You know what has even less bearing on how Sunday's game is going to turn out??

the 2004 season.

So whatever you thought you had in 2004, forget about it. Right now, the 2005 bottom of the NFC East barrell is who you are. & Since the AFC is much tougher than the NFC, I'll say your 6-10 season is the equivalent to our 2-14.

and another thing. Let's look at SF to see if we can predict how the iGGles season will turn out.

They've been on a steady decline since not being able to satisfy the most explosive player ever to play the game of football(Terrell Owens in case you're slow........... or an Eagles fan). It only took them 2 seasons to get the #6 pick in the draft.

You guys picked up JeffGarcia................ you should be picking about 6 in the '07 draft.

furferret2 said:
Yes McNabb's best season was with a disgruntled reicever. Bravo, idiot. If you gave Owens to the Texans, Carr would have is best year and if you gave Owens to Brady, Brady would have his best year.

Steve Smith and Muhshin Muhammad are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone McNabb ha splayed with except for TO.

McNabb's rating isn't high becuase he doesn't post a great number of yards or a great completion % becuase of weak WR's and the system he plays in. His WR's before TO blew and his numbers weren't great but he won games and pro bowl appearances. You need to watch games to assess quarterbacks. If you go by rating alone, A lot is misleading becuase of systems and weapons. Is Bulger really that good of a QB, or is it because he has Bruce and Holt?

Drop the name calling or you'll find yourself banned from this board. We don't tolerate that kind of stuff on this board if you want to partake in that you'd better go elsewhere.

I'm guessing by your reaction to my arguement that you're in agreement that McNabb is a TOP 3 NFL QB. Where are the stats to back up that statement? Prove that McNabb is better than Palmer, Manning, Brady, or hell even Trent Green.

flylikeaneagle said:
We have a pretty good cheesesteak place here in Houston called Jake's. Good stuff but nothing like the kind you get in Philly.

Texadelphia sucks.
Let's see....if you take US 59 north I can assure you that eventually you will get to Pennsylvania.

texasguy346 said:
Judge their performances last year. Who was the better QB last season? The guy who lead his team from the bottom of the NFC to contention or the guy who saw his team implode and drop to 6-10?

You knock Manning out in Week 1, what will happen to the Colts? You knock out Carson Palmer in Week 1, what would happen to the Bengals? You knock out Tom Brady in Week 1, what would happen to the Pats? You knock out Hasslebeck.....

you get it?

flylikeaneagle said:
To me, the best QBs in the NFL today are Peyton Manning, Brady, and McNabb. McNabb is the best QB in the NFC.

And Texans fans are the ones here not being realistic...?:homer:

Even McNabb wouldn't call himself a top 3 QB in the NFL, and we all know where TO ranks McNabb...probably just below Garcia.

To reinforce texasguy--all the insults need to stop. We are not going to spend the time to edit them out of posts--the entire post will be deleted. Repeated insults will result in folks getting banned. Keep the debate above the waist. :cowboy1:

flylikeaneagle said:
McNabb QB - Highest winning percentage among active QBs in the NFL (.682)
That is very misleading. There was a HUGE *(QBs that have played 80 or more games. That is a ton of games and totally rules out some of the best QB's in the NFL.)

Carson Palmer
Big Ben
Tom Brady

These were the first few I looked up and they all have a better winning percentages and are all on teams that are poised to win alot of games this season.

Peyton Manning started 16 games as a rookie and got 14 losses due to his team being HORRIBLE the first year. While McNabb didn't technically start very many games, and the Eagles lost a lot of games that he played in his rookie year, but they didn't hurt his stats because he technically wasn't the starter.

I would say McNabb is around the 4th-7th best QB in the NFL.
Yes, I agree with your main point that Texans fans should not be comparing him to Carr.

thunderkyss said:
Since the AFC is much tougher than the NFC

How do you figure that? Because the Steelers bear the Seachickens in the Superbowl last year? The refs have the trophy in the their office because they are the ones who won that game. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows the Seachickens played better than the Steelers. Come on... get with it. Last year's Superbowl never existed to me.

LBC_Justin said:
That is very misleading. There was a HUGE *(QBs that have played 80 or more games. That is a ton of games and totally rules out some of the best QB's in the NFL.)

Carson Palmer
Big Ben
Tom Brady

These were the first few I looked up and they all have a better winning percentages and are all on teams that are poised to win alot of games this season.

Peyton Manning started 16 games as a rookie and got 14 losses due to his team being HORRIBLE the first year. While McNabb didn't technically start very many games, and the Eagles lost a lot of games that he played in his rookie year, but they didn't hurt his stats because he technically wasn't the starter.

Yes, I agree with your main point that Texans fans should not be comparing him to Carr.
I anything, the bigger sample size for McNabb just makes the argument for him stronger while emphasizing longevity.

flylikeaneagle said:
You knock Manning out in Week 1, what will happen to the Colts? You knock out Carson Palmer in Week 1, what would happen to the Bengals? You knock out Tom Brady in Week 1, what would happen to the Pats? You knock out Hasslebeck.....

you get it?

You knock out Tommy Maddox in Week 1....oh wait....that's right that team had TALENT.

Carson Palmer argument is weak. He tore his ACL in the playoffs, and he's already back. Just a guess here, but if Palmer, Manning, or Brady came back mid season they'd still be among the top QBs in the NFL.

flylikeaneagle said:

you get it?
No they won't. They're the same ones who said that Brad Johnson was a better QB because he had a higher QB rating than McNabb last season.

southtexan said:
Let's see....if you take US 59 north I can assure you that eventually you will get to Pennsylvania.

No, you won't. Ever look at a map before? LOL! I love Texas so why would you even say that in the first place?

flylikeaneagle said:
How do you figure that? Because the Steelers bear the Seachickens in the Superbowl last year? The refs have the trophy in the their office because they are the ones who won that game. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows the Seachickens played better than the Steelers. Come on... get with it. Last year's Superbowl never existed to me.
The NFC is just as good as the AFC at the moment considering the NFC has the two best divisions in football.

flylikeaneagle said:
No, you won't. Ever look at a map before? LOL! I love Texas so why would you even say that in the first place?
Yes, It will...I took that route on my way to Erie, PA.

texasguy346 said:
You knock out Tommy Maddox in Week 1....oh wait....that's right that team had TALENT.

Sooo.... Tommy Maddox was a better QB than Ben Rothlisberger?
Tommy was a stop-gap measure until Ben was ready. His injury only quickened the process, and Big Ben responded.

Carson Palmer argument is weak. He tore his ACL in the playoffs, and he's already back. Just a guess here, but if Palmer, Manning, or Brady came back mid season they'd still be among the top QBs in the NFL.

If they were injured in Week 1 with an injury that most doctors said that they shouldn't be playing with, I'm inclined to think that they would be a little less effective.

Yet still better than David Carr.

texasguy346 said:
Yes, let's ignore the fact that the Steelers pound the ball. The Eagles offense revolves arouns the pass bud.

LBC_Justin said:

Carson Palmer
Big Ben
Tom Brady

Yeah because you cannot really compare those type of numbers until you play a lot of games in the NFL. It would not be right if you didn't. Hell, there are QBs that have only played one play ever and threw for a TD. Are they considered the best QB of all time now? LMAO! No. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR CRYSTAL BALL since you already know the future of these QBs.

Mannings rookie season? What about McNabb's rookie season? LMAO! Look at their record the year before McNabb got there -- 3-13. Yeah, that's right. They were what when he was placed in the starting lineup? 2-7. :rolleyes:

Jerome_Brown_99 said:
McNabb is a top 3 QB in the NFL, period. Only clueless twits don't consider him among the leagues best players.

McNabb is so far out of Carrs realm it isn't even funny. McNabb is having a Hall Of Fame career.

RiotCommander said:
P. Manning
T. Brady
C. Palmer

Those are my top 3, I think McNabb is a top 5 though. Just my humble opinion.

If McNabb doesn't win a ring....... he doesn't go into the NLF Hall of Fame. Eagles HoF maybe.....

FlyEaglesFly said:
Yes, let's ignore the fact that the Steelers pound the ball. The Eagles offense revolves arouns the pass bud.

How is it then that a QB from another team that pounds the ball, the Panthers, has similar numbers to one of the "TOP 3 NFL QBs". Seems like the QB in the pass happy offense should have better numbers if he was, indeed, a Top 3 NFL QB. Perhaps he really isn't a Top 3 NFL QB then, and perhaps that's only in the minds of Eagles homers.

He's definately a Top 10 NFL QB, but Top 3 is one helluva stretch.

FlyEaglesFly said:
I anything, the bigger sample size for McNabb just makes the argument for him stronger while emphasizing longevity.

1. The sample size of 80 is a very convienent number. Brady has started 79 games. McNabb only has 88. LOL notice on INT % stat box, Tom Brady is included because the results favor McNabb. This is the perfect example of stats being molded to fit an argument.

2. McNabb hasn't played long enough to be the starter when the Eagles have a poor defense or a poor O-line. Peyton Manning, Steve McNair and Brett Farve all have. Which makes their numbers look all the more impressive.

3. Philly has been known for their Defense. A good Defense might have a little impact on a QB's winning percentage, at least that is what my friend Ben Rothlisberger told me. LOL

Back