Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs Cowboys Preseason Game 2 Thread

Texansballer74

The Marine

GAME TIME: 7:00 p.m. CT, Saturday, Aug. 21st

Fresh from a solid preseason win against the Green Bay Packers, the Houston Texans will this week stay in state and head to Dallas to take on the 0-2 Cowboys.
RECORDS: Texans (1-0), Cowboys (0-2)

ODDS: At this time, the Texans enter this weekend with ATS odds of +4. The over/under for Houston is at over 37.5 (-110).

READ MORE: Texans Cut Veteran OL

STAT: The Texans and Cowboys' head-to-head record is tied up at 13-13 including preseason games, with Dallas up 3-2 during the regular season.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I'd like to see the 1's play a half, or at least well into the 2nd quarter, because if they don't play in the last game next week, they'll have a 3 week layoff before the opener. I'd particularly like to see the starting o-line get at least a half worth of reps. They see 10 snaps together the entire PS then are expected to go 60 or more week 1? That just doesn't seem like a good way to prepare to me.

I need to see Mills improve.

I know things stay vanilla in PS, but guys trying to make the team need to be putting up some getting after the QB numbers. That might actually help the secondary keep QBs from completing 70% against them.

I know it's going to be mostly backups, but let's see how the Texans run D holds up this week. Again though, vanilla, backups, yadda, yadda.

I'd really like to see Scottie Phillips continue to be successful, just to give me hope that a certain former 2016 All Pro's days are numbered. I know it ain’t happening, but let me dream.

I’d also like the see more situational football. Running a 2 minute drill, going for it on 4th instead of kicking a FG, smashmouth running on short to go, goal line type distances, and things like that that you can’t really simulate in practice.

Other than that, just looking for guys who can show some shine and make this football team.

Oh, and not interested at all in the score, though there's others who may think it's important.

Last edited:

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
While Im always for the Cowpokers to lose and flail around in futility.....scoring nothing.

There is a part of me that wants the Cowboys to go up on the Texans and see how this team and coaching compose themselves playing from behind. If they can't stay with it during a preseason game... no way they hold it together during an important one. Has the mentality changed...

IF the Texans dominate, most Cowboys fans will accept defeat and piece together some joy in the remainder of their Saturday.

Far more soul crushing for them to go up, look like they would take it... only to have it ripped out of their hands, incapable of holding on to it.

Of course if it does fall 40-0 against the single star rating team...... I still get to laugh at the Cowboys fans I know... so still acceptable.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There is a part of me that wants the Cowboys to go up on the Texans and see how this team and coaching compose themselves playing from behind. If they can't stay with it during a preseason game... no way they hold it together during an important one. Has the mentality changed...
If I’m coaching a preseason game if we’re ever down by two scores it truly becomes irrelevant & I’m focusing even more on individuals & situations.

absolutely no energy would be wasted trying to get back into the game orwinning or any such foolishness

Dejaview

All Pro
Just carry over consistency from the positives last game. Run the ball, minimize penalties, good run D and find more takeaways. That's all. Just keep the change rolling. And no freaking injuries. The Jets were dropping like flies today. But wow, Zack Wilson looks GOOD.

Mangler

Toro de España
I love what I’m seeing from the defense! Nice first drive of the night for the offense as well. Culley and Smith have these boys looking prepared. Let’s see how all this plays out…