Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs Colts GameDay Thread

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Just so I won't have to take 76 off of ignore.

Do the Texans cover the spread 7.5

Sacks o/u -5
I, on the other hand, took you off ignore because I cannot stand one-sided, sometimes blatantly mispresenting the facts.

Sacks o/u -5
This is really funny after I had explained to you that I had never tried to create a game day thread.
And you still feel the need to be childish.

All for the fun, I guess.

And yes, I had you on Ignore before.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

Sacks o/u -5
Nope, not with Tyrod.
If they put in Mills, Texans will not only cover the spread, but will win handily.
What say you steelb and dejaview?

Is he or is it your dream?

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Huh. Threads don’t show if started by someone you have on ignore. Imagine that. Only found it because it shows on the main page if it’s the last thread someone commented on in that particular section.

Anyway, some week 13 fun-

Before his injury, Tyrod Taylor completed 70.4% of his passes, had 3 TD, 0 INT, 9.4 Y/A and a 122.9 passer rating. In his return he's completed 59.1% of his passes, has 2 TD, 4 INT, 5.4 Y/A, and a 63.9 passer rating. For the season Taylor has an 82.4 passer rating. Mills has an 80.2 passer rating. That should get the why are we starting Taylor talk cranked up.

1st 6 games of the season, Cooks had 40 catches for 481 yards. In the last 5 games he has 22 catches for 223 yards.

Cooks leads the Texans with 704 yards receiving. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th in receiving yards on the team, Conley, Collins and David Johnson have 665 yards combined.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Huh. Threads don’t show if started by someone you have on ignore. Imagine that. Only found it because it shows on the main page if it’s the last thread someone commented on in that particular section.

Anyway, some week 13 fun-

Before his injury, Tyrod Taylor completed 70.4% of his passes, had 3 TD, 0 INT, 9.4 Y/A and a 122.9 passer rating. In his return he's completed 59.1% of his passes, has 2 TD, 4 INT, 5.4 Y/A, and a 63.9 passer rating. For the season Taylor has an 82.4 passer rating. Mills has an 80.2 passer rating. That should get the why are we starting Taylor talk cranked up.

1st 6 games of the season, Cooks had 40 catches for 481 yards. In the last 5 games he has 22 catches for 223 yards.

Cooks leads the Texans with 704 yards receiving. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th in receiving yards on the team, Conley, Collins and David Johnson have 665 yards combined.
Yep, same thing happened to me last week. It's why I started this thread. Hope you keep me off of ignore. We agree on more things than not. The main thing we disagreed on will no longer be a Texan, so maybe things can return back to normal.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
WHAT……I thought the windmills prevented the blackouts!!!!
How could windmills prevent blackouts when wind only generates 20% of total electricity in Texas? What happened to the other electricity generators like natural gas (47%) or coal (20%) or solar (1%)? Looks like Texas politicians are using some PFF type calculation to make wind look like the root cause of the power grid issue.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
How could windmills prevent blackouts when wind only generates 20% of total electricity in Texas? What happened to the other electricity generators like natural gas (47%) or coal (20%) or solar (1%)? Looks like Texas politicians are using some PFF type calculation to make wind look like the root cause of the power grid issue.
Good chili day and a little beer.....I just might be able to beat that 20% windmill generation all on my own. If I can work my way past that 20% mark, can I get paid for adding the unused wind back to the grid?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texas power grid is not properly winterized as we found out, and it hasn't been truly fixed yet. Hopefully we don't have another extreme winter event like that again until it's fixed. Which is always a big "if and when" when it comes to government fixing stuff.
It's not going to get fixed. The cost vs the chances of a storm like that happens again is slim

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
The fact that it can happen means that it will. The timing is up to nature, but you can always ask Louisiana about the odds of cat 4 hurricanes hitting the same spot in the same year.
I agree with you but I also agree with SB that it won't be fixed.

Most of our society is reactive, not proactive.

Unfortunately.

It will take at least one more collapse before there is demand for follow through in fixing the problem.

Personally I would rather be proactive and prevent problems before they become problems.... but thats why I will most likely never hold a high position of power that is anything more than title only..... but meh.

Not my world I just work here.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The fact that it can happen means that it will. The timing is up to nature, but you can always ask Louisiana about the odds of cat 4 hurricanes hitting the same spot in the same year.
Hope you're right.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Said the guy who froze to death or the guy who robbed his neighbor for a gallon of gas.

Mother nature doesn't give a damn about what we consider standard.

It's our duty to prepare for the worst and care for those less fortunate.
Totally agree

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
It's not going to get fixed. The cost vs the chances of a storm like that happens again is slim
Actually it has been fixed... My Stepfather works for Amber electric who is one of many electric companies contracted by EROCOT state wide.. They've been working for months winterizing equipment before winter sets in.. He thought He was only going to get off for Thanksgiving and then have to go back to work, but his crew finished early so they got the holiday weekend off.

The (new) powers at EROCOT don't want to lose their jobs and pay out lawsuit settlements again.. They made this a top priority.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Actually it has been fixed... My Stepfather works for Amber electric who is one of many electric companies contracted by EROCOT state wide.. They've been working for months winterizing equipment before winter sets in.. He thought He was only going to get off for Thanksgiving and then have to go back to work, but his crew finished early so they got the holiday weekend off.

The (new) powers at EROCOT don't want to lose their jobs and pay out lawsuit settlements again.. They made this a top priority.
I'm sure this discussion belongs in another thread, but I have to ask, do you know what they've been doing to winterize? Whatever they've been doing though, I'm glad to hear it.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I'm sure this discussion belongs in another thread, but I have to ask, do you know what they've been doing to winterize? Whatever they've been doing though, I'm glad to hear it.
Basically he made it sound like what they do in the refineries.. Lots of boilers, steam tracing, and insulation. I'm sure there's more to it, but he didn't go into detail.

I'm also sure there'll still be some issues to troubleshoot if it does get that cold again, but nothing on the scale of last year.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Texans win 41 to 24..... I have been drinking so take my prediction for what it's worth. My only enjoyment now days from Sunday is draft Kings and the chance to with $1,000,000 dollars. Other than that i could care less about what takes place. Although I still watch every soul sucking Texans game for some reason. I guess I enjoy the torture!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Texans win 41 to 24..... I have been drinking so take my prediction for what it's worth. My only enjoyment now days from Sunday is draft Kings and the chance to with $1,000,000 dollars. Other than that i could care less about what takes place. Although I still watch every soul sucking Texans game for some reason. I guess I enjoy the torture!

You’ve been doing more that just drinking. Lol

texanhead08

All Pro

I'm not sure the Texans could get 41 if they played the Colts a month straight.

Mangler

Toro de España
I’ll be at the game today, but only because season ticket holders must attend all games to qualify for the super bowl drawing. Otherwise I’d be at home smoking some ribs and sipping on some E.H.Taylor (sigh)

Here’s hoping that the Texans don’t mess up their draft position with a meaningless win today.