Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS VS CHIEFS INJURY REPORT

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1599527564239.png

Travis Kelce [knee] was dealing with knee problems throughout the last part of the season.............it was due to a tight IT band (the iliotibial band is a fibrous band running from the outside of the hip to the knee).............apparently, it has again resurfaced. This is a condition that is commonly caused by overuse and poor lower limb mechanics. It can be a very persistent/recurrent problem. Typically, it takes a month or more of rest in order to control it.........very painful and distorts a player's knee/lower limb mechanics. Trying to play through it usually results in need for longer than expected additional rest and rehab.
1599529402995.png

Derrick Nnadi [ankle] had offseason ankle surgery early February...........it was arthroscopic cleanup of loose cartilage fragments...........he has experienced a very slow incomplete recovery.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1599529546542.png

Brandin Cooks has actually been dealing with the quad injury during TC and was able to practice throughout.

Jonathan Greenard had been dealing with a hamstring grade I tear sustained ~2 1/2 weeks ago. He tried to practice a week ago and reinjured his hamstring. He again came back to practice and sustained a compensatory injury to his ankle. He needs a longer period of rest and rehab, or he will demonstrate a cascade of injuries.

Phillip Gaines and Cullen Gilaspia have both been dealing with hamstring issues for the past 2 weeks.

Lonnie Johnson has just sustained an undisclosed hip injury. This is an injury to watch. Likely a hip pointer, but you always worry that he may have subluxed his hip with some labrum injury. The two should be distinguishable by how long he is debilitated.

Last edited:
Brandin Cooks has actually been dealing with the injury during TC and was able to practice throughout.
Any idea on when this initially developed? I read somewhere that he was limited in Monday's practice. I'd like to know more on what you think of this...it seems to be a new injury for him but everyone was always worried that something would pop up with him or Fuller. Thanks

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Any idea on when this initially developed? I read somewhere that he was limited in Monday's practice. I'd like to know more on what you think of this...it seems to be a new injury for him but everyone was always worried that something would pop up with him or Fuller. Thanks
The quad injury occurred near the beginning of TC. Like a hamstring, a quad muscle in a speedster is not uncommon......it is much less common for a quad tendon injury to occur in this type of skill player. The fact that he has been able to rehab and continue play with this injury for such a long time makes it most likely that it is a low grade I strain. After this game, as a precaution, he will likely be given additional rest with practice limitation until the subsequent game.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1599615588893.png

Gaines and Lonnie Johnson have both advanced to Full Participation. This tends to answer the extent of Johnson's injury is likely a hip pointer for which he is likely to be able to play through and take it easier during practices.

Cooks not playing doesn't surprise me. I expect him to be able to play Thursday and rest during subsequent practices.

Watt not participating is probably a matter of him "saving" himself for the big game.......and trying to avoid any injuries before then. As little participation he has had so far in any practices concerns me re. his actual football game shape. Holding a player back like this is a 2-edged sword. This approach of compromised preparation could very well inadvertently encourage rather than discourage what is feared to occur sooner rather than later.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
A Texans WR with a quad injury...color me shocked lol
If you look around the League, you will see a large number of soft tissue injuries piling up across the board........in greater numbers for the amount of practice time ["TC" only, if you want to call it that] than full OTAs/minicamps/TC in years past...........and this will continue well into the regular season. With such poor preparation players have had going into the season, it should be anticipated.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
If you look around the League, you will see a large number of soft tissue injuries piling up across the board........in greater numbers for the amount of practice time ["TC" only, if you want to call it that] than full OTAs/minicamps/TC in years past...........and this will continue well into the regular season. With such poor preparation players have had going into the season, it should be anticipated.
I understand it, but it seems like our WRs are often dealing with soft tissue injuries.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1599688273846.png
All Chiefs appear to be full go. I would still watch Kelce and Nnadi for being affected by their injuries as the game goes on.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
1599688581454.png
Gillaspia and Greenard are questionable, and are most likely not to play.

I still feel that Cooks, although questionable, may still have a role, albeit a limited one, in tomorrow's game.