Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans V Steelers Game Day Thread

arian_foster_spike--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg
images

The Kool-Aid has been spiked! It's okay to jump in. :texflag:

Wow. What officiating! Congrats Texans. Fought through the push back. Didn't mentally collapse despite having to fight the refs, too.

Tough tough win here. A lot went wrong but we got it done.

Gonna be hard sledding without Dre though, could easily lose the next two games without him. Offense took a nosedive the second he went out.

The refs, for the most part, really inserted themselves into this game today.

That was about as bad of a BIASED-called game as I have seen, even when comparing it to our famous Colts-Texans matchups.

My first reaction to this win: The Steelers woes on the offensive line is what did them in, and will do them in all season. Not taking anything away from Wade and his D, but the pressure with just our down linemen today was getting it done.

Texans win.

GP's theory of "You don't bat a ball down if you can secure it" wins, too. But then again, it was never really in doubt to begin with.

A really good day all the way around.

There are different circumstances for these kinds of interceptions. Fourth down? Bat it down. Get the incompletion and turnover on downs. Last hail mary desperation throw of the game? Bat it down. Don't let them even have a chance at it (which, unfortunately, the football gods had other plans). In this situation? Yeah, grab it if you can.

There are different circumstances for these kinds of interceptions. Fourth down? Bat it down. Get the incompletion and turnover on downs. Last hail mary desperation throw of the game? Bat it down. Don't let them even have a chance at it (which, unfortunately, the football gods had other plans). In this situation? Yeah, grab it if you can.

You're using your head too much. This is a game of twitch instincts and rapid reflexes.

IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO GRAB IT......YOU GRAB IT.

Anything else is just spin. I stopped after the fourth word of your post. You don't have time to judge and pause the video game and figure out what to do.

That was about as bad of a BIASED-called game as I have seen, even when comparing it to our famous Colts-Texans matchups.

My first reaction to this win: The Steelers woes on the offensive line is what did them in, and will do them in all season. Not taking anything away from Wade and his D, but the pressure with just our down linemen today was getting it done.

Agreed. But credit to the D for turning it on late.

I take comfort in the fact that we actually did what had to be done, rather than not taking advantage of an obvious advantage. That's progress.

Congrats to the Texans D, redeemed themselves and secured the win, just like a Defense should in a game like this....

oh and I freaking love Troy Polamalu....

Please, please, pretty please Lawd...
let us never, eva, eva, eva, NEVER get this ref crew again

OK, I just had a spicy & hot V8 and feel much better. What a damned rollercoaster today was. I hope Goodell fines some refs later this week. That was some horrible calls they made and didn't make.

Congrats to the Texans D, redeemed themselves and secured the win, just like a Defense should in a game like this....

Polomalu was on a mission after Foster burned him for the TD. He was playing so close to the line thatI was hoping for some play action or a hit to Casey to burn Polomalu for being so dialed into the backfield.

These are the kinds of games we'd give away last year
Methinks I see some progress...

Good gutsy win by the Texans today. They HAD to win this game and went out and did under adverse conditions. OD had a great game and he becomes the focal point in our passing game if AJ is out for next week (hopefully not). Arian Foster brilliant return and showed great durability.

Good gutsy win by the Texans today. They HAD to win this game and went out and did under adverse conditions. OD had a great game and he becomes the focal point in our passing game if AJ is out for next week (hopefully not). Arian Foster brilliant return and showed great durability.
Deleted post

You're using your head too much. This is a game of twitch instincts and rapid reflexes.

IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO GRAB IT......YOU GRAB IT.

Anything else is just spin. I stopped after the fourth word of your post. You don't have time to judge and pause the video game and figure out what to do.

Really? You need twitch instincts and rapid reflexes to realize the situation before the ball is even snapped? I'm saying that DBs play differently depending on if they're in first and short and fourth and long. Claiming that defenders need to only do what their instincts tell them regardless of situation because they can't "pause the video game" is silly. Every player needs to recognize what needs to happen before the play starts.

In Glover Quin's case, last year, what needed to happen that play was prevent a touchdown, not make sure that your team got another possession. And I agree, if he truly thought he could do that by catching it, by all means, catch it. But the percentages say that batting a ball down results in a caught ball less often than a defensive back trying to make a highlight real catch amidst a sea of defenders.

Really? You need twitch instincts and rapid reflexes to realize the situation before the ball is even snapped? I'm saying that DBs play differently depending on if they're in first and short and fourth and long. Claiming that defenders need to only do what their instincts tell them regardless of situation because they can't "pause the video game" is silly. Every player needs to recognize what needs to happen before the play starts.

In Glover Quin's case, last year, what needed to happen that play was prevent a touchdown, not make sure that your team got another possession. And I agree, if he truly thought he could do that by catching it, by all means, catch it. But the percentages say that batting a ball down results in a caught ball less often than a defensive back trying to make a highlight real catch amidst a sea of defenders.

You will sit here, and watch the replay of Quin batting the ball down, and you will tell me that it was better than him catching it?

Is that correct? That's what you're saying?

This is not about rubbing it into the opponent and "getting another possession." This is about ending the game.

Today, the CRAPPY COACHING of "You need to bat that ball down" is erased. It was sent packing with David Gibbs who is atrocious and was an outcast from the Chiefs who couldn't do anything there before coming here. It was erased when we got BALLERS like Manning and Joseph who don't subscribe to this idea of batting down passes when you can catch them.

Can you not see the difference? Last year, hardly any interceptions. This year, it's gone through the roof in only four weeks. Different coaches, different players in the secondary, and you've got a whole different way of approaching deep passes.

I can't stand the idea that batting down a ball is preferable to catching it. It rages against the very idea of defending and stopping an offense. There is ZERO situation where a defender should be coached to bat a ball down rather than catch it if he's under it and can catch it. Let players PLAY.

You will sit here, and watch the replay of Quin batting the ball down, and you will tell me that it was better than him catching it?

Is that correct? That's what you're saying?

This is not about rubbing it into the opponent and "getting another possession." This is about ending the game.

Today, the CRAPPY COACHING of "You need to bat that ball down" is erased. It was sent packing with David Gibbs who is atrocious and was an outcast from the Chiefs who couldn't do anything there before coming here. It was erased when we got BALLERS like Manning and Joseph who don't subscribe to this idea of batting down passes when you can catch them.

Can you not see the difference? Last year, hardly any interceptions. This year, it's gone through the roof in only four weeks. Different coaches, different players in the secondary, and you've got a whole different way of approaching deep passes.

I can't stand the idea that batting down a ball is preferable to catching it. It rages against the very idea of defending and stopping an offense. There is ZERO situation where a defender should be coached to bat a ball down rather than catch it if he's under it and can catch it. Let players PLAY.

The ball that Quinn batted down was a hail Mary jump ball.

The ball Allen picked was thrown to a receiver. BenRo threw the ball out front of the receiver.

Different types of situations and throws.

Back