Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans v Fins: The Unofficial Game Day Thread

everybody always talks of "accountability"

granted, english it's not my first language, but I thought "Accountability" meant something different from what I'm seeing right now :)

honestly, I don't care if "it'll work" meanign "we will start winning games"

It's enough that we are not considered the laughing stock of the league

The Texans have a great deal of accountability. They need it to keep track of the television, ticket, concessions, and Texans product revenue streams.

Even that boat is leaking. ..

"Leaked"

009482-f7bf3d10-69f2-11e3-879d-630c394bcc3d.jpg

I want to know why.

OB brought 90 guys in here back in may. A competitive roster. All guys he wanted here, including the two QBs you mentioned.

He whittled that 90 man roster down to 53 that he said we could win with. But unless we're playing the worst of the worst, we're not even competitive.

Why?

If he's going to tell me he has to coach it better, can he tell me why he didn't? Did he get drunk wit the Jags' victory?

It's just something he has to say. He really is in over his head and doesn't have a fix.

I think any real coach would understand. Something tells me we shall see. I think they might just trade him after this. We could use a RB right? Or some LB's. or a real safety which HAL is not. The list goes on. Thank goodness we have Hoyer though. Watching all of that accuracy and touch today was inspiring. Who needs Mallett anyway?
Hoyers Accuracy & touch??
Seriously??....That didn't come till 2nd half...a which point the game was already over. That's referred to as mop up duty. Didn't u watch the first half. Hoyer was embarrassing just like the rest of the team.

I had to watch this train-wreck in a room full of Cowboy fans (family) in Dallas. The thread in here was no less than I expected, given the China Syndrome meltdown the team had yesterday. I fully expect Mallet would have entered the game before halftime, but the "show them who's boss" mentality won out and we had to endure Hoyer after round two of the dog ate my alarm clock.

It's hard to say BoB has "lost" the team. I'm not sure he ever "had" them to begin with. I won't be surprised if someone isn't fired today, but it's got to be expected at this point. The guys at 610 summed it up this morning. The worst two halves of NFL football this season belong to the Texans.

Jesus this shouldn't be necessary:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
Thanks for sharing.... And your prayer to Jesus was very touching. And we're all very impressed with your self appointed title of " Official Forum Posting Censor Officer".......Nice work officer...lol

Seriously??....That didn't come till 2nd half...a which point the game was already over. That's referred to as mop up duty. Didn't u watch the first half. Hoyer was embarrassing just like the rest of the team.

If you knew Nitro, you would know his post was heavy on sarcasm.

Thanks for sharing.... And your prayer to Jesus was very touching. And we're all very impressed with your self appointed title of " Official Forum Posting Censor Officer".......Nice work officer...lol

You've been on here just under two whole months, you miss the blatant sarcasm in a post, and then want start a pissing match with a moderator?

You're off to a hell of a start!

If you knew Nitro, you would know his post was heavy on sarcasm.
And your point is????
You really don't have a point.....at least not a coherent point.....thanks for sharing....move along to the other post critiquing your working on.....your going to be very very busy today Officer.... there's an awful lot of sarcasm on here today....chop chop

Name the game where the 2002 team gave up 4 TD plays of 50+ yards... IN THE FIRST HALF!

Well, the Chiefs scored 3 TDs and 2 FGs on us in the first half that year, so that's close.

Oh wait, that was game 1 of this year.

Yeah, this team is in contention for our worst ever.

Earlier, I alluded to how the non-contact practices practiced "air tackling." And we did not have any full contact practice until recently. Well, here's a quote from today's article by Aaron Wilson:

Tackling 101

"We have to go back and do more angles drills, more tackling drills," O'Brien said. "We've got to go back to figuring out how we can coach it better."

More "air tackling" drills?

It's a pretty sad day when your team and its QB are so embarrassed on the field, but your coach would feel even more embarrassed to bring in a back up QB that has nearly equally embarrassed the organization.:toropalm:

If that was really sarcasm ( maybe add a little humor next time) my bad my apologies peace

You've been on here just under two whole months, you miss the blatant sarcasm in a post, and then want start a pissing match with a moderator?

You're off to a hell of a start!
If that was really sarcasm ( maybe a little humor next time so it's clear) my bad my apologies peace

Wow.....cannabolism is running amok in here since Dolfins game....This should be on an episode of "Snapped" (True Crime Stories)

So I've got a question. Cushing has the dot on his helmet correct? Why is he assisting the line or linebackers one play and getting assignment assistance from safeties the next? What kind of busted communication is going on between RAC, Cushing and each position group between snaps?

Edit: just as an aside, I finally saw the press conference. We all blast McPancakes around here, but I thought it was great how he was giving O'Brien the business with his questions.

Good thing we got rid of Mallett to prevent this from happening again.

:sarcasm:
This is what is slaying me. After that thrashing, they dumped the guy who sat on the bench and had 0 input into the game, and fans are buying into it. Truly pathetic.

This is what is slaying me. After that thrashing, they dumped the guy who sat on the bench and had 0 input into the game, and fans are buying into it. Truly pathetic.

The fans wanted some sort of retribution. Mallet missing the plane, even if the Texans won or made a game of it, would have had people saying he needed to be cut. However, after the ass kicking the Texans took I think any blood in the water was going to be set upon by a pissed off fan base.

Is it possible to dissolve an NFL franchise? That is, not just move it and change its name, but close its doors and leave the NFL temporarily with fewer teams?

Mallett needed to be cut regardless of the outcome of the Miami game. The guy is a locker room cancer, and whether he has the right to be angry or not, he has handled every single bump in the road in the worst way possible. You just can't deal with a guy like that, especially since he has done nothing on the field to justify his behavior.

I don't see cutting Mallett as the team sacrificing him to make good with a bloodthirsty mob. I just see it for what it is. There is no reason for Mallett to be here, so now he is gone.

The real problem is that the only time we seem willing to make a change is when a guy is a jackass off the field. We apparently have no problem with all the suck that we continue to trot out there each week.

If fans want heads to roll they will likely get something at the end of the season. But the problem is at the top. Until the direction of the franchise is changed at the very top level it won't matter who is sacrificed or scapegoated. The mediocrity will continue.

And your point is????
You really don't have a point.....at least not a coherent point.....thanks for sharing....move along to the other post critiquing your working on.....your going to be very very busy today Officer.... there's an awful lot of sarcasm on here today....chop chop

I bet you're fun at parties. Lighten up, Francis.

Mallett needed to be cut regardless of the outcome of the Miami game. The guy is a locker room cancer, and whether he has the right to be angry or not, he has handled every single bump in the road in the worst way possible. You just can't deal with a guy like that, especially since he has done nothing on the field to justify his behavior.

I don't see cutting Mallett as the team sacrificing him to make good with a bloodthirsty mob. I just see it for what it is. There is no reason for Mallett to be here, so now he is gone.

The real problem is that the only time we seem willing to make a change is when a guy is a jackass off the field. We apparently have no problem with all the suck that we continue to trot out there each week.

If fans want heads to roll they will likely get something at the end of the season. But the problem is at the top. Until the direction of the franchise is changed at the very top level it won't matter who is sacrificed or scapegoated. The mediocrity will continue.

b4f1c2807330f0ce5b557449ba993c0a.jpg

------------------------BOB MCNAIR

Back