Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans v Eagles gameday thread

Joe Texan

Inducted 04
Let's get ready Houston back is against the wall, if you guys Dow there on Kirby like you coach I am thinking you must win this game. Give us 60 minutes of football.

I'm not going to be able to watch the game, as I have to get up early tomorrow. Go Texans, and please D show up!

Strange feeling playing on a Thursday.

This will be a very interesting game. I think we'll be in it in the 4th quarter again.

GO TEXANS!!

I'm not going to be able to watch the game, as I have to get up early tomorrow. Go Texans, and please D show up!

Kickoff at 2:30am, I'll get up again at 10am since I managed to cancel my 9am meeting. Cheers! :)

booked off tomorrow especially for the game. with that said, i havent felt this unconfident about a game all season.. tbh i just dont see how we win this. the eagles will be too good imo but il watch in hope anyway. imo it would be our greatest ever win if we somehow pull it out

It's expected to be around 29 degrees tonite...........with a chill index of 20 degrees.

freezing-2.jpg

For those of you outside the US, these Thursday (and Monday nights as well) games must be hell on your schedule. For some reason, this doesn't seem like a football day to me. I'm sure it will as the day goes on.

Go Texans!! :fans:

perfect weather to run the ball with Foster.

Texans face Eagles with upset in mind Playoff hopes could get big boost with win in Philly

By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 2, 2010, 12:04AM

PHILADELPHIA - Fans and media in Philadelphia have berated the Eagles for losing at Chicago and dropping into a first-place tie with the New York Giants in the NFC East.

If all goes according to plan, the Eagles will take out their vengeance on the Texans tonight in a nationally televised game at Lincoln Financial Field, where the temperature is expected to be in the low 30s at kickoff.

The 31-26 loss to the Bears has forced the Eagles to focus on the Texans and not look beyond them to their next two games at Dallas and at the Giants.

The Texans’ 20-0 victory over Tennessee has forced them to consider this: If they win four of their last five games, they’ll finish 9-7, a record that could win the AFC South.

An upset of the Eagles and quarterback Michael Vick would do wonders for the Texans’ confidence - not to mention their reputation as a super-soft team - but they’re eight-point underdogs.

“It’s do-or-die right now,” strong safety Bernard Pollard said. “I think it’s ‘do’ for us. We understand where we are. We have to continue to play with a passion and the heart that we’ve been playing with and eliminate the mistakes.

“I think if we can continue to do that, the wins will come.”

The word on the street is the Eagles are worried about quarterback Matt Schaub, receiver Andre Johnson and running back Arian Foster. They want to avoid allowing the Texans to control the ball for almost 40 minutes, as they did against the Titans.

The Eagles don’t want to see Vick and his big-play receivers sitting on the bench, trying to stay warm.

“I hope we run 76 plays again,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “That’s the first time in a while we were able to hold the football that long. There were plenty of snaps to go around.

“When he (Foster) is able to touch it that many times (30 rushes, nine catches), usually good things happen.”

The Texans would love for Foster to touch the ball a lot again, but Philadelphia’s game plan will be designed to stop him and force Schaub to pass. The problem for the Eagles is that cornerback Asante Samuel, who has seven interceptions, is going to be a game-time decision because of a knee injury.

If Samuel isn’t available to cover Johnson, the secondary could be in trouble. Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler threw four touchdown passes against the Eagles.

“They’re a top-10 offensive (second) and defensive (10th) team,” Kubiak said. “You don’t find that very often. They’re very aggressive with a lot of pressures.”

The Eagles have 30 sacks, and they’ve intercepted 19 passes. They’ve forced 26 turnovers. The Texans have forced 13.

“The biggest thing for us is to protect the football,” Kubiak said. “We’ve got to find a way to protect the ball, because they’ll find a way to get it out.”

The Texans and Eagles have committed only 12 turnovers each, tied for the fourth fewest in the league.

“They do a lot of different things, a lot of different complex looks, and you’ve just got to be aware of what coverages they’re playing behind,” Schaub said. “

You’ve got to be right with your protections and where you’re going with the football.

“You can’t guess, because you’ll be wrong more often than not.”

This isn’t the best time to be playing the Eagles. Not only are they trying to win the NFC East, but since 2000, they are 38-16-1 (.700) following a loss, second only to Indianapolis in that span.

Also since 2000, the Eagles are 62-26-1 (.702) in November and December, second behind New England.

The Texans also have a lot to play for. They’re 5-6, and only one game separates the four teams in the AFC South.

“Honestly, that’s the NFL for you,” tight end Joel Dreessen said. “Everything is so entirely circumstantial from week to week. I know it was definitely tough going through that four-game losing streak, but now things are turning around.”

“I hope we run 76 plays again,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “That’s the first time in a while we were able to hold the football that long. There were plenty of snaps to go around.

“When he (Foster) is able to touch it that many times (30 rushes, nine catches), usually good things happen.”

That really is on Kubiak, he is the one who has been known to abandon the run in games.

Gotta work tonight, trying to get the last four hours off but if not, glad I just got a DVR. Lets go Texans!:fans:

I've got a really important test early tomorrow morning-hope it goes well on little sleep 'cause there is no way I'm missing this.

Do me proud Texans! I really don't want to have to deal with the harassment at work if we don't at least show up.

No Iggles fans over here yet, interesting. I'm sure they're not even watching the game, being a blowout and all ;)

I've got a building feeling we are going to rock tonight.

So I'm going to boldly predict that the Texans win by more than 10. A couple of early turnovers stalls the Eagles offense, which never gets going, and the Texans play mistake free on offense.

Hey, I'll abide by my Person Texans Fandom Code 101..

Expect the worst, be surprised, be hopeful, come out disappointed.

My biggest problem right now is whether I start Vick or Schaub in Fantasy.. yeah.. fantasy.. sorry :(

If you pick schaub and we suck it is your fault and if you pick Vick and he is awesome it is your fault, just saying

Anybody else remember when a 5-7 Texans team went to Green Bay and beat a favored Packers team on December 7 2008 in week 14? Temperature was 6 degrees. Our boys can play in the cold too.

correct me if I am wrong but the last time the Texans played in weather under 30, Schaub threw for over 400 yards and beat GB...

just saying...

We had a DEFENSE during that 2008 game. Schaub snapped a 9 game on the road losing streak. Only two TDs, one INT, and 414 yds (28/42). All GB's points were gained on turnovers.........two passing TDs, one rushing TD.
The ultimate saving grace was 3 of 4 FGs for K. Brown...........the last one being a 40-yard field goal as time expired.

The offense actually had a pretty sloppy game..........2 fumbles by OD (both lost), 2 fumbles by JJ ( 1 lost). 1 fumble by Schaub (not lost, just loss of yardage), and 1 fumble by SS (lost).

Run the ball, and keep the Eagles offense off the field. I just hate to think of what the Eggles receivers will do to this secondary. :kubepalm:

Feels weird to be pumped about a GameDay on a Thursday!!!!

will catch 2nd half after I drop my daughter off.....c'mon Texans....knock the "F" out of some Iggles like last week against Innegan..

:fans:

Anybody else remember when a 5-7 Texans team went to Green Bay and beat a favored Packers team on December 7 2008 in week 14? Temperature was 6 degrees. Our boys can play in the cold too.

Thanks for saying that! The Green Bay game was my FIRST thought when I saw the temp expectations. I don't know what to expect from the Eagles, and until the D played better last week, I had completely thrown the towel in on this game.... yet, on any given thursday ( that just doesn't flow properly) any team CAN beat any one else. So we'll see....:snowday:

I expect a loss for the Texans, but it would be just fantastic if that didn't happen. :)

last I heard on Samuel was the he was the first one in the stadium and had a noticeable limp; they were working on him to see if he'll be able to play.

I'd be noticeably happier if he doesn't play at least for now.

last I heard on Samuel was the he was the first one in the stadium and had a noticeable limp; they were working on him to see if he'll be able to play.

I'd be noticeably happier if he doesn't play at least for now.

Under the circumstances, either way he will not be a factor. In fact, it may be favorable to have him out there as a lame duck.:truck:

Back