Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade for Tunsil!!

The dolphins will be the worse team in the nfl. They're starting Fitzpatrick at qb

Yeah that’s kind of why we’ve been getting rid of all of our high priced veterans and stacking up on draft ammunition. We are going to be amongst the worst teams in the league this year barring a miracle.

BUT we are in great position for the future. 140m in cap money next off season. Good pieces on the defense. 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds next draft. The same the following year. Josh Rosen will be starting most likely after the bye and if it turns out he’s not the guy we have all the ammunition in the world to get Tua or whoever we want at QB provided we don’t get the 1st overall pick naturally.

Good luck paying Tunsil a massive contract provided he doesn’t want to test free agency and you spent 2 1st and a 2nd on a two year rental LMAO and having to pay Watson and Watt... Hopefully you guys win a chip within a year or two because that window is going to close rather quickly I’m afraid.

I’m not salty, I just find it hilarious that a fin fan of all people is trash talking. I mean this pretty much says it all, just curious I did a quick google search for “Miami starting QB” and the top results were for the hurricanes. Even google doesn’t care about your team.
Google might not care about my team but O’Brien sure as hell does lmaooooooo gave us a HUGE gift today and we appreciate him for it.

Yeah that’s kind of why we’ve been getting rid of all of our high priced veterans and stacking up on draft ammunition. We are going to be amongst the worst teams in the league this year barring a miracle.

BUT we are in great position for the future. 140m in cap money next off season. Good pieces on the defense. 2 1sts, 2 2nds and 2 3rds next draft. The same the following year. Josh Rosen will be starting most likely after the bye and if it turns out he’s not the guy we have all the ammunition in the world to get Tua or whoever we want at QB provided we don’t get the 1st overall pick naturally.

Good luck paying Tunsil a massive contract provided he doesn’t want to test free agency and you spent 2 1st and a 2nd on a two year rental LMAO and having to pay Watson and Watt... Hopefully you guys win a chip within a year or two because that window is going to close rather quickly I’m afraid.
The window never closes when you have a king maker at qb. Until the Dolphins find a good qb, and develop him, they'll be trash. Since the Texans came into the nfl, they have more playoff wins and division titles than the dolphins. Think about that

The window never closes when you have a king maker at qb. Until the Dolphins find a good qb, and develop him, they'll be trash. Since the Texans came into the nfl, they have more playoff wins and division titles than the dolphins. Think about that

I don’t care. I’m living in the here and now; it was comical how bad you guys got fleeced in both trades today. Embarrassing really. I’ve seen some stand up fans of yours in this thread admitting to that.

You have a very good team. Obviously I’m rooting against you for the higher draft pick now but strike while the irons hot

Google might not care about my team but O’Brien sure as hell does lmaooooooo gave us a HUGE gift today and we appreciate him for it.
Lol too bad the dolphins GM is worse at drafting than OB is at making deals. We will see how much you appreciate him when Chris Grear picks. This guy has been with the dolphins in a talent evaluator role since 2000. It wouldn’t be a stretch to say the dolphins are one of the least talented teams since 2000 and have gotten less talented as his role grew. I think I may of found the reason your team has sucked for so long.

Lol too bad the dolphins GM is worse at drafting than OB is at making deals. We will see how much you appreciate him when Chris Grear picks. This guy has been with the dolphins in a talent evaluator role since 2000. It wouldn’t be a stretch to say the dolphins are one of the least talented teams since 2000 and have gotten less talented as his role grew. I think I may of found the reason your team has sucked for so long.

Since he’s been solely calling the shots the drafts have been great. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your season pal

Amasssing tons of picks worked for the browns who will be much better than the Texans this year. I'd rather be them
How many times have the browns had high picks vs they're record? They gave up a 1st rd pick for a talented but oft injured wr. They gave up a draft pick and money for a possession wr. Again, how many playoff games have they won since 99? I will wait

Why am I happy? For once we weren’t the idiots in a deal getting fleeced. You guys were, not once but twice today. We’re in a very good position going forward. I’m thrilled about the moves we made this offseason; not only today but a lot of solid moves which are definitely not the norm for my team

Are you with the Miami Browns?

Don't get me wrong, I'm upset we got fleeced, like you said twice today. But I'm more excited about the regular season than the draft.

I understand you guys are already looking forward to April 2020. That's cool I guess. Everybody's got their something.

Let him go? Can't we at least get 2 scrubs and a 3rd round pick for Fuller?

That's not the way we do things in Houston anymore.

We'll package Fuller with a couple of 2nd rounders to get a compensatory 6th round pick.

People forget that part of the reason why are Oline is so bad is because of the fact that we lost those early draft picks for Watson. It was worth it, but that made it really hard to fix the Oline. Now, whatever other holes we have out there we'll have a really hard time addressing that again since we won't have 1st rounders for a while. I seriously feel like I'm in a bad dream here.

No, the line sucked because they coach wanted different players on the line. Brown, Brooks,and Jones were fine. 2 were let go as free agent, brown was traded.

Draft picks even high ones are crap shoots. Trading them for proven young veterans isn’t a terrible idea.

Tunsil supposedly #1 overall talent selected 13th overall. Not ready to start at LT right away. Three years before he turned in a respectable season at LT.

Andre Dillard, not ready to start. We would have started him here if we got him, but he would struggle.

I'm not against drafting OL in the first round, but you really need a solid plan to develop them & that takes time.

Draft picks even high ones are crap shoots. Trading them for proven young veterans isn’t a terrible idea.

I don’t agree with that. There is one huge advantage with draft picks and that’s cap space. They come way under market value. You need those draft picks on the roster to stay under the cap and still pay your main guys. That’s what NE has perfected...

There are two exceptions to that: QBs and LT. Because those are extremely hard to draft and basically impossible to sign in FA...

I don’t agree with that. There is one huge advantage with draft picks and that’s cap space. They come way under market value. You need those draft picks on the roster to stay under the cap and still pay your main guys. That’s what NE has perfected...

There are two exceptions to that: QBs and LT. Because those are extremely hard to draft and basically impossible to sign in FA...
Tell that to the Cowbiys. They have the most expensive ol in the NFL. They are about to have the highest paid rb, top 5 paid qb and wr. What about Byron Jones contract?

Tell that to the Cowbiys. They have the most expensive ol in the NFL. They are about to have the highest paid rb, top 5 paid qb and wr. What about Byron Jones contract?
Not sure what you are getting at - yeah they have holes at other positions and most of all they lack true standout players outside of their hb. Prescott is a real problem because he is too good to let go but too bad to make a difference...

They won 11 games with the qb getting sacked 62 times, now I'm supposed to believe they wont win at least that many with a better oline and better wrs, titans are a mess, and luck retired?

You believe what you want. Last year's record was complete smoke and mirrors and this year's schedule is much tougher. Last year's team wasn't coming off such a shitshow of an offseason. That stuff affects the locker room. Remember that playoff game last season? This season will be full of those. Hear me now and believe me later.

I count 5 good OL. The question is whether OB/Devlin will play the best 5. Fulton should be starting C and Roderick Johnson should be starting RT. Howard and Scharping have been maulers at G.

I’ll say this and I’m not ready to give BoB credit and damn sure not giving it to Devlin, but all off season BoB has talked like Kalil would be the starter and that he didn’t see any of the glaring holes. Then he’s willing to sell the farm to get a real answer at LT in a move that none of us saw coming.

I don’t know maybe he does have a clue what he is doing or at least can see a hole in the team when he falls into it chin first. Guess we will see.

At this point, what picks do we actually have left for the next draft ?

If my count is correct:

2020:
2nd, 3d (from Seahawks), two 4th, a 5th, 6th and 7th (plus comp-picks, probably at least one more third for Mattieu)
2021:
3d, 4th, 5th, 2 6th, 7th

Next years draft should be ok, 2021 could be ugly without a pick in the first two rounds...

At this point, what picks do we actually have left for the next draft ?

If my count is correct:

2020:
2nd, 3d (from Seahawks), two 4th, a 5th, 6th and 7th (plus comp-picks, probably at least one more third for Mattieu)
2021:
3d, 4th, 5th, 2 6th, 7th

Next years draft should be ok, 2021 could be ugly without a pick in the first two rounds...

If my count is correct:

2020:
2021:
3d, 4th, 5th, 2 6th, 7th

auch, and I agree. 2021 looks shitty :(

Davenport and Bademosi part of the trade too.

Hey guys, Fin fan here. I will say that we may have gotten the better of this trade, but that cant be confirmed for 3 or 4 years. In Tunsil you get a great young LT, agile, strong and smart. Doesnt give away penalties, and is a a great locker room guy. In Stills, apart from his on field protests and outspoken views, he is a solid No2 WR. Good speed, good hands.

Giving up 2 firsts will hurt you lot next year and 2021, but you wont need to draft a LT, and can chase the best RB/DE in the draft. I think the loss of Miller in pre season will hurt but I still expect a 10/6 season from the Texans. And your QB wont have too run for his life as much.

Can you give me a heads up on Davenport and the other guy we got.

Cheers guys.

Brad

I think you are vastly underestimating how good Tunsil is and how much room he has to improve.

I really like Tunsil as well but the capital given up to obtain him was a little radical. My concern, the Texans will be relying on Devlin to coax the additional improvement out of Tunsil. A lot of Tunsil's continued NFL success will depend on OB understanding that he cannot maintain his high ratio of long developing pass plays.....this will surely make even the best OL look bad in the long run.

Well, maybe Caserio or whoever we name the GM can make some good moves on the next FA? We at least have that to look forward to, along with flipping draft picks to move up. I pray we get a competent GM!

More picks = more potential magic :)

For the record, imo the Tunsil trade is VERY expensive, but all in all it's a questrion of how it works out over time. It can turn out nice, but it can look like **** too in 2 years.

It's the Clowney trade that just leaves me cunfused....

For the record, imo the Tunsil trade is VERY expensive, but all in all it's a questrion of how it works out over time. It can turn out nice, but it can look like **** too in 2 years.

It's the Clowney trade that just leaves me cunfused....
Exactly my feelings! I also think people on here underappreciate stills - with our injury prone receivers he will be a hug help - and even with everyone healthy he really improves our er and gives us another wrinkle.

Hey guys, Fin fan here. I will say that we may have gotten the better of this trade, but that cant be confirmed for 3 or 4 years. In Tunsil you get a great young LT, agile, strong and smart. Doesnt give away penalties, and is a a great locker room guy. In Stills, apart from his on field protests and outspoken views, he is a solid No2 WR. Good speed, good hands.

Giving up 2 firsts will hurt you lot next year and 2021, but you wont need to draft a LT, and can chase the best RB/DE in the draft. I think the loss of Miller in pre season will hurt but I still expect a 10/6 season from the Texans. And your QB wont have too run for his life as much.

Can you give me a heads up on Davenport and the other guy we got.

Cheers guys.

Brad

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

Unfortunately you are not getting much in Davenport, hence the crazy draft capital you received. He has clunky feet and is a penalty machine. Our OL coach is suspect, so depending on your coaching staff, you may be able to salvage him.

Bademosi is a depth CB that you hope doesn't see the field, but he is a monster on ST. He was a Patriots ST standout and continued that here.

I'm not excited about the draft capital we gave up, but I am excited about Tunsil. IMO he is a good LT that is trending up, and having him will be invaluable to the development of our first round tackle from this year. Finally, I feel we are set at OL...except for coaching.

Stills is a luxury for us (an expensive luxury). If all receivers were healthy, he would be our #3 or #4 guy behind Hopkins, Fuller and maybe Coutee. Watson has a lot to be happy about, but our 2021 draft will be rough.

Good luck to the Phins...you guys have a lot of draft capital. Hopefully the Pats are in decline and you can take full advantage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How many times have the browns had high picks vs they're record? They gave up a 1st rd pick for a talented but oft injured wr. They gave up a draft pick and money for a possession wr. Again, how many playoff games have they won since 99? I will wait

They have only gone into moneyball rebuilding for 3-4 years and are now considered a good team.

Before then they were run by bill OBrien types wasting picks and assets

I count 5 good OL. The question is whether OB/Devlin will play the best 5. Fulton should be starting C and Roderick Johnson should be starting RT. Howard and Scharping have been maulers at G.

Roderick and two rookies are not good. Guys with no experience are almost never good.

If my count is correct:

2020:
2021:
3d, 4th, 5th, 2 6th, 7th

Basically that means it's going to be hard to improve the team going forward.

This is it. And they are nowhere close to good.

How sweet would it be if the Ramsey situation festers in Jacksonville and we sign him as a FA?

With what money? Watson and tunsil are going to be massively expensive soon. Watt will need an extension. Other young lbs will too.

Then posters are in line with the league, because this kind of draft pick package doesn't happen unless it's a superstar pass rusher or QB.

True but when was the last time a young franchise LT was traded? Brown was the last T traded, but he’s over 30, coming off a serious injury. Additionally, Tunsil is under club control for 2 seasons at a good rate

There was a great tweet I saw comparing the number of young proven QBs to young proven LTs

QB: Mahomes, Mayfield, Watson, Wentz, Goff

LTs: Stanley, Tunsil, ? (He listed Decker with a ? Mark but I wouldn’t include him)

With what money? Watson and tunsil are going to be massively expensive soon. Watt will need an extension. Other young lbs will too.

Having money tied up for a top qb, lt and pass rusher is what you want. These are the most difficult positions to fill and these are the positions you are fine with overpaying a bit. What will hurt us soon is the wr position and the hb position. Here you need those rookies on the cheap.

Roderick and two rookies are not good. Guys with no experience are almost never good.
You seem frantically nervous these past few hours....posting every few minutes how horrible we will be even for the next decade. Is your self esteem so deeply tied to this forum that you feel something is slipping away? I mean you are at another level.

Back