Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Trade for Anthony Miller

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
23. Finally out of cap hell. High picks. A gazillion comp picks. By then nick thinks he would finally have the best possible coaching and scouting staff in place to make hay in the draft.

Any treasure trove of picks for dw would be in year 1 & 2. Should be an exciting time.
With all the restructuring, trades & 1 year deals made this year, we'll basically have nearly a clean slate & cap by next year. Hell, just moving on from DW4 will add somewhere around 20-25 mil. Then you factor in Cobb likely being traded this year & guys like Murray & Mercy likely to be cut/released headed into 2022.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No comp picks awarded on a players cut or traded.
Max value is in the higher draft pick.
They will get a higher pick in the Cobb trade and if they get a 5th rd pick from the Packers they also have gotten a 7th in the Miller trade. So they gained a pick. That should make you happy.

If Miller has a big yr and walks in FA the Texans wont get a comp pick?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They will get a higher pick in the Cobb trade and if they get a 5th rd pick from the Packers they also have gotten a 7th in the Miller trade. So they gained a pick.
So you prefer a fifth & two 7ths instead of two 5ths & a 7th?

Explain that to me.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Miller is a talented slot WR. Worst case scenario he loses out to Keke in camp and doesn’t get re-signed next offseason.

Best case he beats out Keke and either walks/gives Texans a comp pic or gets re-signed as a productive member of this team going forward.

The juice is worth the squeeze.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Best case he beats out Keke and either walks/gives Texans a comp pic or gets re-signed as a productive member of this team going forward.
Best case, I wouldn’t factor in the comp pick. With all the one year deals we have, we’re going to have to be pretty active in FA next season.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They pick swapped a 5th for a 7th in the Miller trade.

I expect them to get back atleast a 5th in the Cobb trade.
If they didn't trade for Miller they would have that 5th. Plus the 5th they hopefully get for Cobb & their original 7th.

Two 5ths & a 7th.

Now they have one 5th (if they get a 5th) & two 7ths.

But I'm hearing we didn't get a 5th for Cobb. We got a 6th for Cobb & a 7th.

So we don't have a 5th at all. Two 6ths (including our own) one 7th (possibly our own but we probably gave them that one).

I don't like it.

Texian

Hall of Fame
If they didn't trade for Miller they would have that 5th. Plus the 5th they hopefully get for Cobb & their original 7th.

Two 5ths & a 7th.

So we don't have a 5th at all. Two 6ths (including our own) one 7th (possibly our own but we probably gave them that one).

I don't like it.
I think the Texans 7th RD pick is the one they got from Chicago. They had one from a trade they made with Dallas but I believe Nick traded that away. Rumor I'm hearing is Texans paid more for Miller than Green Bay paid for Cobb.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Getting rid of Cobb is a positive. Even if the Texans had to pay some portion of his salary (that is unknown). Whatever they save on Cobb this year can be pushed over to the 2022 cap. Caserio may be ready to spend by then. At least he will have the option.

Spending a 5th on Miller is a bad deal. It was very possible that Miller would have been cut by the Bears. And there will be other WR cuts over the course of the next month. There was no immediate need to spend a future pick on a WR on an expiring contract.

Number19

Hall of Fame

Two 5ths & a 7th.

I don't like it.
What value do you place, going forward, to get out from under what is considered to be one of the worst contracts in the NFL?

Texian

Hall of Fame
They will get a higher pick in the Cobb trade and if they get a 5th rd pick from the Packers they also have gotten a 7th in the Miller trade. So they gained a pick. That should make you happy.

If Miller has a big yr and walks in FA the Texans wont get a comp pick?
There will be no comp pick for Cobb because he was traded. Miller becoming a comp pick is much like your wishing in one hand and ......seeing which one fills up first.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What value do you place, going forward, to get out from under what is considered to be one of the worst contracts in the NFL?
So I'm not really complaining about trading Cobb. My issue is with the trade for Miller.

I'm saying I'd rather have our 5th round pick & the 6th we get from GB (probably 29th-31st in the 6th round) than that 6th, Chicago's 7th, & Miller.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Cobb wasn’t a fit here but Texans signed him and agreed to that ridiculous contract.

Poor return bottom line.

Miller who was going to be a camp cut for 5th rivals that in stupidity.

In other news, according to my sources Mills looked really good out there today, but I know it’s just the first day of training camp, but eyes don’t lie.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
but eyes don’t lie.
I hope Mills looked good. I hope Brevin Jordan & Nico Collins looked good as well.

But at this time I think those reporting are seeing what they want to see.

I'd rather the Texans not sign players & get zip in return. I hope Tyrod Taylor (among others) play like All Stars & get this team to a place where a Mills or Nico Collins or whoever can step in & take a fringe playoff team (like KC a few years back) to the next level.

Past the divisional round.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
They need to manage his snaps if they want to keep him healthy all yr.

But you know this, this is just a case of you being you.

LMAO
No, usually teams want to keep a veteran fresh for the playoffs push.

Like the Cardinals are doing with JJ Watt.

The Texans ain't going nowhere.

Many teams only have one or two receivers with lots of snaps and the rest would be split up among the rest.
It's normal.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No, usually teams want to keep a veteran fresh for the playoffs push.

Like the Cardinals are doing with JJ Watt.

The Texans ain't going nowhere.

Many teams only have one or two receivers with lots of snaps and the rest would be split up among the rest.
It's normal.
They need to use Amendola like Belichick did if they want to get the best out of Amendola.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Per Aaron Wilson’s twitter, Anthony Miller is expected to be inactive today. Now practicing fully, it appears Amendola has beaten him out for the slot WR job.
Miller is still young, this season is his forth, and likely may have a longterm future with the Texans. He had a shoulder separation against Green Bay and is not fully back. He's practicing, but apparently the team is being cautious with his return to full contact. The acquisition of Amendola allows this. I'm expecting the two to share playing time once Miller returns to full contact.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Miller is still young, this season is his forth, and likely may have a longterm future with the Texans. He had a shoulder separation against Green Bay and is not fully back. He's practicing, but apparently the team is being cautious with his return to full contact. The acquisition of Amendola allows this. I'm expecting the two to share playing time once Miller returns to full contact.
Makes sense. High risk for reinjury with shoulder separations. Want to reduce risk of turning him into Braxton Miller.