Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Talk Pick 'em

I forgot about my picks until half time, so got an X for that game. But that's okay, because I would have lost anyway choosing the Steelers.

This year seems like it has been a lot tougher to predict many of these games. It's whacky!

Congratz to the the one player in the League to pick last night game right but now we all hate you for picking Tenn to win a game... :backsout:

:texflag:

with all seriousness that was a good pick

That was moi... I'm still learning about the NFL and my new love (The Texans of course) ... I only voted that way as a risky way to try and claw back some points lol .... I knew it'd be a risk as everyone went with the steelers but it paid off although I feel dirty for picking them. If they lost I'd have been happy for hexing them (as I do most teams I bet on haha)

Holy Crap I suck this week. Was it me or did like every underdog win this week??

I've only hit on two games this week...

I forgot about my picks until half time, so got an X for that game. But that's okay, because I would have lost anyway choosing the Steelers.

This year seems like it has been a lot tougher to predict many of these games. It's whacky!
I think more than ever, teams are evenly talented so it takes about 7 good weeks to find out who is who. Right now about one third of the league is 3-3 so its not like its easy to just say this team should beat that team...this ain't the MLB. :whip:

Some teams with bad records played nothing but good teams and some teams with great records may have played chumps to date...it's all slowly shaking out. After all these years of watching this league I'm more convinced than ever none of these talking heads and experts are right early on...Every year is unique....they are just basing their assumptions on last year and draft grades.

Holy Crap I suck this week. Was it me or did like every underdog win this week??

I've only hit on two games this week...

It wasn't just you. I had four right this week. Seven underdogs won yesterday and the two I picked both lost (STL & IND). I have been terrible so far picking games.

tough choice tonight. Seattle is on the rise and their defense is great. I don't trust Alex Smith, but I picked the 9ers anyway.

Rats. If I had thought to make my Thursday pick I'd be undefeated this week with Chicago pending.

Ok, that isn't such a tragic thing but if that costs me an undefeated week I'm gonna water-blast the neighbor's cat.

Rats. If I had thought to make my Thursday pick I'd be undefeated this week with Chicago pending.

Ok, that isn't such a tragic thing but if that costs me an undefeated week I'm gonna water-blast the neighbor's cat.

Nice, I need Chicago to win so i can keep my #1 spot for the 7th week... I have had 6 people nipping at my heals every week...

Can ya'll forget to pick some so i don't have to second guess my picks everyday.... :headhurts:

wrong thread.. meant for survival thread

The Steelers game was almost a spoiler... whew!

A lot of the big teams have been picked through. The weeks ahead should be fun. Thanksgiving week looks to be challenging.

Last edited:
I got the Saints over Atlanta, and I bet I'm right. :)
I got it right too...but I also took several gambles to make up ground....none of them panned out except for this one and it wasn't even all that much of a reach considering the rivalry and the Saints offense. So bottom line, I had a brutal week.

I think I'm not gonna gamble so much with the potential underdog victories this week...I need a good week.

I think I'm the only person in the world to have picked the jets to win today... :boogie:

Got a perfect score so far this week, hope i get into the top 50 in all of yahoo. i have been right on the edge all season :evil:

I think I'm the only person in the world to have picked the jets to win today... :boogie:

Got a perfect score so far this week, hope i get into the top 50 in all of yahoo. i have been right on the edge all season :evil:

Eh... this has been an easy week so far. 9 people got 8/9 right so far, but you were the only one to call the NYJ upset and all the others. Congrats, I hope Yahoo gives you something cool :)

Ok whats going on.... i have 117 and I'm not within the top 40? The 41st player has 116.....

The top players on yahoos home page is rigged

Ok whats going on.... i have 117 and I'm not within the top 40? The 41st player has 116.....

The top players on yahoos home page is rigged

I believe they only list those in public leagues. Since we're in a private league they wouldn't show yours.

What kind of records do you guys have?

Not going against the spread or anything but currently I'm sitting at 117-59.

I really screwed myself by forgetting to pick last week and the Thursday night game this week. I'm on top this week with 11/14 so far, could have made up some ground. Scottexans in first place is having a bad week with only 7 correct. Someone might catch up to him.

I really screwed myself by forgetting to pick last week and the Thursday night game this week. I'm on top this week with 11/14 so far, could have made up some ground. Scottexans in first place is having a bad week with only 7 correct. Someone might catch up to him.

Tell me about it... i just penciled it in this week and took a big hit for it :gun:

Everyone gained some serious ground

Congrats SCOTTexans on the win!

I was happy to finish 4th. not too shabby if i do say so myself.

CONGRATULATIONS!

SCOTTexans wins the 2012 season of Texans Talk Pick 'em! Great job, lead most of the year and is taking home the trophy.

Again, congratulations!

rep your way

Congrats man! Well done. :turtle:

Just noticed the congrats, Thanks for the appreciation :wesmantexanfan::

Can't wait to try for it again next season.. :spin:

Back