Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Talk Pick 'em

drs23

Veteran
Got an invite the survival but haven't seen a Pick 'em yet so I started one here.

Group ID is: 13762

Password: texanstalk

Come join and pick some winners!

This one is fun guys! Hopefully we can eventually get a couple hundred deep on this thing as I look forward to dominating everyone again!

Thanks for joining. I've received invitations by email before but am too computer illiterate to do that. Hope a bunch of folks see this and sign up. I've always enjoyed it. Getting my tail kicked, that is. :D

I set up the Survivor league the past few years, there is a thread for it in the FF section. I'm not sure who made the Pick'em last year, but I think it was Thunderkyss. It would probably be easier to ask him to restart it than making a whole new one. When I re-upped the Survivor league it gave me the option of inviting everyone from last year.

TTalk Survivor League Info:
Group ID#: 1255

I set up the Survivor league the past few years, there is a thread for it in the FF section. I'm not sure who made the Pick'em last year, but I think it was Thunderkyss. It would probably be easier to ask him to restart it than making a whole new one. When I re-upped the Survivor league it gave me the option of inviting everyone from last year.

TK did it year before last. I don't remember who did it last year. I'm NOT an IT guy Dutch. Hell, I barely know where the keys are so I started over. Perhaps TK or whoever did it last year will see this and take it over. I wouldn't cry. :)

Here's the info for both leagues, it will be tough to get the Pick'em filled up without the re-invite, so spam it around the forum!

Pick'em
Group ID: 13762
LINK

Survival
LINK

Here's the info for both leagues, it will be tough to get the Pick'em filled up without the re-invite, so spam it around the forum!

Pick'em
Group ID: 13762
LINK

Survival
LINK

Joined the pick'em league. Just so Drs23 will have someone he can beat.

I'm in!! I'm always looking for ways to use all the knowledge I have in my head. So that usually lasts about two weeks, then I'm out...

Another shout out for Texans Talk Pick 'em. We're up to 11 now. Come join. The more the merrier and all that!

Y'all come! :D

Is it easy for newbs?

Sure. You'll receive an email a couple of days before the games and you simply choose who you think will win head up, no spread. Answer a couple of tie breaker questions and you're done.

Really simple so c'mon, join up!

Sure. You'll receive an email a couple of days before the games and you simply choose who you think will win head up, no spread. Answer a couple of tie breaker questions and you're done.

Really simple so c'mon, join up!

Done!

IN
Rickyb

Got an invite the survival but haven't seen a Pick 'em yet so I started one here.

Group ID is: 13762

Come join and pick some winners!

Thanks for cranking this back up. I almost forgot about it myself.

the Jedi_Masters will rule!!!

...errr, I mean compete fairly, we will.
images

Much Fail I sense in you all.
:D

I don't want to start the trash talk too early, I just love the fact that I was the *only* one to pick the Cowboys to win. Got dat intuition baby.

I don't want to start the trash talk too early, I just love the fact that I was the *only* one to pick the Cowboys to win. Got dat intuition baby.

You have 1 game lead with 255 remaining. I wouldn't start calculating magic numbers just yet. :D

Seriously, good pick. :tiphat:

Not in the survival league. unclear on how that works...
:shrug:

It's pretty easy. You pick a team you think will win. If they win you move on. If they lose you get eliminated. The catch is you can't pick the same team twice.

I believe the TexansTalk survivor is a three strikes and you're out game. Meaning if you lose in, let's say, week 1, you still have two more chances.

Keep making crazy arse picks like that and see where the trash talking gets you. I just wish we could amend the rules to allow you to pick the Cowboys again.

Keep making crazy arse picks like that and see where the trash talking gets you. I just wish we could amend the rules to allow you to pick the Cowboys again.

I wouldn't call it that crazy. The Giants are good at getting hot late in the season/post-season. Beyond that they put forth very average performances.

I really wish the Pick'em league required people to pick at least two underdogs. Some people are just constantly going with the favorites, and that's pretty lame. Might as well play against a computer.

Last week I picked three underdogs and only got one right (Indy). This week I'm going with three more (Carolina, Cleveland, Atlanta).

I'm going with Cincinnati & the Giants this week... not sure if they're really underdogs, though (plus a couple of hunches I'll reveal after the games ;) )

I really wish the Pick'em league required people to pick at least two underdogs. Some people are just constantly going with the favorites, and that's pretty lame. Might as well play against a computer.

That wasn't a solid strategy last Sunday. A few of the faves lost.

That wasn't a solid strategy last Sunday. A few of the faves lost.
More than a couple...I was destroyed yesterday. Tons of upsets....wasn't a good day for my football internet games like Pick'em, but I can't lie...I enjoyed the hell out of the games yesterday. It will take a few more weeks for the league to sort itself out for this season...whodathunk the Cards would beat the Pats and the Eagles back to back? Vikes over the 9ers? man, Ponder sure looked good, but we saw his potential when he played us. Great weekend....all the upsets are good for the league.

This game is all i have left.... 2 strikes in survival, and my fantasy team just got balsted with injuries.... Im just glad everyone had a bad round that time... :jogger:

25 right after 3 weeks is probably my worst showing in quite a while, but I can see we all are having issues.

Like Vinny, I love the upsets, provided Houston win the games they should :cowboy1:. It keeps us all guessing which is a lot of fun, pick 'em or no pick 'em.

25 right after 3 weeks is probably my worst showing in quite a while, but I can see we all are having issues.

Like Vinny, I love the upsets, provided Houston win the games they should :cowboy1:. It keeps us all guessing which is a lot of fun, pick 'em or no pick 'em.
I think this has been an awesome start to the season outside of the replacement ref bs...I had Seattle Monday night so that sure was a wild ride. In the survivor I had Indy....damn that Indy defense.

Congrats to Pencil Neck. With the short FG kick by the Giants he gets the win for the week (oops, for now).

13 good picks with Monday still to come. Great job. :clap:

Congrats to Pencil Neck. With the short FG kick by the Giants he gets the win for the week (oops, for now).

13 good picks with Monday still to come. Great job. :clap:
hell of a week...I'm still trying to figure out myth from fact

ok, I'm not going to forget to make my pick for tonight. I have taken an X the last few weeks since I keep forgetting to make my pick. Of course, this week is tougher than the last two. Kevin Kolb was sacked eight times last week, the Cardinals don't have a running game despite their record and Jeff Fisher teams tend to confuse non-great QB's. Rams are at home after beating a good Seattle team last week. Toughie.

Congratz to the the one player in the League to pick last night game right but now we all hate you for picking Tenn to win a game... :backsout:

:texflag:

with all seriousness that was a good pick

Back