Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Search Committee

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Just got an email from Cal to season ticket members, the search committee is R.C. Buford, CEO of the San Antonio Spurs; Tony Dungy, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Jimmy Johnson, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Rod Graves, Executive Director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance and long-time NFL executive, and Andre Johnson

Glad to see some accomplished execs

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Just got an email from Cal to season ticket members, the search committee is R.C. Buford, CEO of the San Antonio Spurs; Tony Dungy, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Jimmy Johnson, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Rod Graves, Executive Director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance and long-time NFL executive, and Andre Johnson

That is a nice committee. I will respect whoever they choose, as long as Cal doesn't go rogue and ignore them

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I may take some heat here, but so far I am impressed with Cal.

He boldly fired OB after realizing it was a mistake.
He has publically said Easterby will not be the GM and that RAC will not be HC.
He has put together an ELITE search committee.

I know we talk ****, but so far he is doing what needs to be done.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Will any of them be able to agree? A lot of egos here. Here is my unsolicited advice to Cal and it's completely free of charge. After scanning the horizon to see what is available, hire Urban Meyer and be done with it.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
So which committee is this then?

Is it like the previous committee? Is it in conjunction with the previous committee?

Do either of these committees meet with Korn Ferry, or Korn or Ferry?

What's the order that all of these people report to Cal?

Will Janice be listening in?

Will there be a committee put together to organize the committees? An ad-hoc (they love that word, right?) organizational committee for the organization of the committees for the Organization, maybe?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

I agree, people were expecting to much from Cal to soon. He got handed it suddenly when his father died so he was dealing with that the first year and I don't know how close they were but they worked together for years side by side so they can't have had to bad a relationship. Even making OB the GM they had to get Gaine out of there quickly and it wasn't like there were a lot of choices they could make with their very limited time. OB was only GM for one full off season and yeah he did a lot of damage but there are lots of bad GMs that hang around for years.

Even Easterby, people are making a big deal about him being there but they seem more focused on his background and religion then actually what he does in the team, which near as I can tell is not much of importance. As long as they hire the best HC and GM that they can and let them do their jobs ultimately what do we care who else Cal likes to have hanging around him.

To me Cal deserves the benefit of the doubt and there is a lot of room for doubt.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I figure the jury is still out, and will be out for a while. They say it takes a couple of seasons to truly evaluate a new head coach, a few seasons to evaluate a GM, so I figure it will be even longer for a 'new' owner.

We've had some fun with it, but really we have no idea what the long term Cal will be like until it happens.

So which committee is this then?

Is it like the previous committee? Is it in conjunction with the previous committee?

Do either of these committees meet with Korn Ferry, or Korn or Ferry?

What's the order that all of these people report to Cal?

Will Janice be listening in?

Will there be a committee put together to organize the committees? An ad-hoc (they love that word, right?) organizational committee for the organization of the committees for the Organization, maybe?
lol! Cal seems to have a lot of voices at the ol' boardroom. Maybe this is his Senate, where the other one was more of the House of Representatives? And of course, that would make Janice the Supreme Court. . .

Interesting to see Dungy involved. I have always gotten the feeling from his TV analyst job that he's never like the Houston Texans. I figure it was the Colts rivalry or something, but he's always been extremely critical of the Texans over the years. Of course, they most likely earned most of it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Will any of them be able to agree? A lot of egos here. Here is my unsolicited advice to Cal and it's completely free of charge. After scanning the horizon to see what is available, hire Urban Meyer and be done with it.
My advice is listen to Jimmy Johnson.

Looking at the search Committee it looks like DW4's going to get the minority HC hire he wants. I dont have a problem with this. My 2 top minority hires are

1.Robert Saleh
2.Todd Bowles.

Or if Dorsey is hired as GM Bienemy would be my pick even though I have some great reservations about hiring him. If Dorsey/Bienemy are hired then are posters going to have the same biases that they have against the Pats hires or Kubiak and the Denver South regimes? Have you seen that both Reid's proteges are on the hot seat. (Pederson/Nagy)

What I really want from the new GM/HC hires are guys that can attract the best AC's possible.

Last edited:

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I am ok with all of them, Spurs have sustained success and championships, Jimmy is a talent, culture and football ops guru, Dungy if honest can point out so many of our warts, and Andre lived some of this crap show as a player and assistant. He did say in the note he and Janice will make the final decision.

In terms of Cal, he certainly is not one for the limelight or an open mic and has zero charisma, but in the end he honored his dad I think by letting BOB succeed or fail, cut the losses as soon as it was clear, and now it is his era and this seems like a good start to get solid advice.

I wish I knew what commands have come down from Janice and Cal to know if any of the seriously stupid moves were from the owners and with/without proper cause. Gaine and Hopkins are the two I cannot see both sides on. I know there are HR rumors on Gaine, but Texans keep some of this in house

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone

Looking at the search Committee it looks like DW4's going to get the minority HC hire he wants. I dont have a problem with this. My 2 top minority hires are

1.Robert Saleh
2.Todd Bowles.

Or if Dorsey is hired as GM Bienemy would be my pick even though I have some great reservations about hiring him. If Dorsey/Bienemy are hired then are posters going to have the same biases that they have against the Pats hires or Kubiak and the Denver South regimes? Have you seen that both Reid's proteges are on the hot seat. (Pederson/Nagy)

What I really want from the new GM/HC hires are guys that can attract the best HC's possible.
This team needs coaching upgrades at pretty much every level. Yes we lack some talent, but Texans do not develop their guys like other teams. We hardly see or hear from Coulter, Blacklock, Greenard, Reid, and Scharping cannot last a series before being pulled. Why is Lonnie not better as a CB, ok, just switch him to safety when we have no CB depth or even starters now. I still think Weaver in game is getting the hang of this, but guys and plan are not ready at the start of the game, so interesting to see how he develops as a signal caller on the defense. I think Tim Kelly is letting DW4 be him and using the skills of the players he has better, but nothing special to me. Coaching and DW4 maturation will keep us competitive in 2021 while cap space is cleared, culture is built, live without top draft picks, and minimal FA impact. A good coach and GM should have this team ready to roll in 2022

Texian

Hall of Fame

1.Robert Saleh
2.Todd Bowles.

What I really want from the new GM/HC hires are guys that can attract the best HC's possible.
My problem with Johnson is he has been in this position before and every chance he got he was pushing Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt. In addition he made several recommendations to Univ of Miami for their HC hire and those never cut the mustard either.

I like Meyer because he has the strongest winning resume. He has won everywhere he has been. Hire Urban as your HC and let him choose his GM. His reputation earns him that respect. Meyer is the closest thing to a Belichick or Saban hire you can find.

Championships
That's a better college record than Jimmy Johnson.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This team needs coaching upgrades at pretty much every level. Yes we lack some talent, but Texans do not develop their guys like other teams. We hardly see or hear from Coulter, Blacklock, Greenard, Reid, and Scharping cannot last a series before being pulled. Why is Lonnie not better as a CB, ok, just switch him to safety when we have no CB depth or even starters now. I still think Weaver in game is getting the hang of this, but guys and plan are not ready at the start of the game, so interesting to see how he develops as a signal caller on the defense. I think Tim Kelly is letting DW4 be him and using the skills of the players he has better, but nothing special to me. Coaching and DW4 maturation will keep us competitive in 2021 while cap space is cleared, culture is built, live without top draft picks, and minimal FA impact. A good coach and GM should have this team ready to roll in 2022
I hope Weaver joins Kelly and every other asst coach on the unemployment line and a bunch of players also join them. This process should've started at this yrs trade deadline. It didn't, so the rest of this yr should be about finding out which of the young guys can play. This offseason should be about finding a new regime, letting them build a winning on the field culture, putting them to work finding players later in the draft and ownership staying out of the football side of the operation. Do I think any of these things will happen? History says they wont happen.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I figure the jury is still out, and will be out for a while. They say it takes a couple of seasons to truly evaluate a new head coach, a few seasons to evaluate a GM, so I figure it will be even longer for a 'new' owner.

We've had some fun with it, but really we have no idea what the long term Cal will be like until it happens.

lol! Cal seems to have a lot of voices at the ol' boardroom. Maybe this is his Senate, where the other one was more of the House of Representatives? And of course, that would make Janice the Supreme Court. . .

Interesting to see Dungy involved. I have always gotten the feeling from his TV analyst job that he's never like the Houston Texans. I figure it was the Colts rivalry or something, but he's always been extremely critical of the Texans over the years. Of course, they most likely earned most of it.
The key is after they come to a decision and hire a GM/HC is to stop meddling and go away from the Not Texans Worthy mantra.

For the reason you listed (He's a Colts guy) I cant imagine why Dungy would be on the search committee. Bad choice IMHO

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Negative Nancy chiming in to rain on the parade if something is too positive for the organization.

If it ain’t Urban Meyer or Peyton Manning we are doomed.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

1.Robert Saleh
2.Todd Bowles.

Good grief. It's amazing to see your brain at work and how you are able to calculate 1+1=DW4. Carry on, good sir.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Committee this, committee that...this is why all the fake outrage around here about the 1st search committee announced was unwarranted and knee jerk.

aside from that, the guys on this new search committee can screw the pooch just as easy too. The NFL is a fraternity And the retread factor is high with them. IOW’s, they have agendas too. Wont be surprised if you start hearing rumors about guys like Raheem Morris, Dave Wannstedt Herm Edwards and Mike Smith.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Committee this, committee that...this is why all the fake outrage around here about the 1st search committee announced was unwarranted and knee jerk.

aside from that, the guys on this new search committee can screw the pooch just as easy too. The NFL is a fraternity And the retread factor is high with them. IOW’s, they have agendas too. Wont be surprised if you start hearing rumors about guys like Raheem Morris, Dave Wannstedt Herm Edwards and Mike Smith.
I don't think it was fake outrage. Fans have been disgruntled for a long time, and the last time I checked, the fans are why the NFL even exists. O'Brien was the catalyst for a lot of it. And uncertainty about the direction of this franchise fueled it. I don't have a problem with customers expressing their opinions about a product, especially when they were 0-4 and looking like total crap.

There was enough smoke from both the local and nation media to warrant a call to the fire department. And the Texans responded by quelling those concerns with actual quotes from the owner and franchise president. That's all we can ask.

And blech on your retreads. Cal has an opportunity to be bold. Nothing about any of them would be a bold move. Bieniemy would be a splash in the positive direction. JMO

Texian

Hall of Fame
LOL Texian has been one of the best posters here for more than decade on GM candidates. I’m surprised he wants Urban, he used to push for Peyton.
Urban is a with Cal choice, offers the best and quickest return to respectability. Meyer would be the best coach Texans have ever hired. Based on reality thinking I can't see Peyton wasting any of his time on/with Cal McNair. Peyton is more of a choice should Janice McNair decide to sell.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I don’t know how you can’t be pleased by this news and be optimistic. This is the type of direction most have asked. One that involves experts that have won at the highest level. This tells me that Cal is going the extra mile to make this team more than a division winner. At least so far.

Maybe we are going to be serious about being a football team with a marketing division instead of the other way around...

Texian

Hall of Fame
I agree, people were expecting to much from Cal to soon. He got handed it suddenly when his father died so he was dealing with that the first year and I don't know how close they were but they worked together for years side by side so they can't have had to bad a relationship. Even making OB the GM they had to get Gaine out of there quickly and it wasn't like there were a lot of choices they could make with their very limited time. OB was only GM for one full off season and yeah he did a lot of damage but there are lots of bad GMs that hang around for years.

Even Easterby, people are making a big deal about him being there but they seem more focused on his background and religion then actually what he does in the team, which near as I can tell is not much of importance. As long as they hire the best HC and GM that they can and let them do their jobs ultimately what do we care who else Cal likes to have hanging around him.

To me Cal deserves the benefit of the doubt and there is a lot of room for doubt.
Hold on there Chief, Cal has been sitting in the Texans executive suite and the boardroom for 20 years. He was named Vice Chairman in 2008 and Chief Operating officer in 2012. Also the last year Bob was alive Cal was in charge of running the Texans. My guess is if Brian Gaine were still here the Texans would be better off today than they're with O'Brien as GM.

"Janice McNair, Bob's wife, will be the owner, with Cal McNair, 58, handling the day-to-day operations.

Cal, 58, was his father's right-hand man since the early 2000s. He's been involved in every major decision the franchise has made."
Cal McNair groomed to run Texans - HoustonChronicle.com

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I don't think it was fake outrage. Fans have been disgruntled for a long time, and the last time I checked, the fans are why the NFL even exists. O'Brien was the catalyst for a lot of it. And uncertainty about the direction of this franchise fueled it. I don't have a problem with customers expressing their opinions about a product, especially when they were 0-4 and looking like total crap.

There was enough smoke from both the local and nation media to warrant a call to the fire department. And the Texans responded by quelling those concerns with actual quotes from the owner and franchise president. That's all we can ask.

And blech on your retreads. Cal has an opportunity to be bold. Nothing about any of them would be a bold move. Bieniemy would be a splash in the positive direction. JMO
Maybe a choice few, but I feel comfortable in saying that for the overwhelming majority who call themselves fans of the Texans, it was fake outrage. Fact is, we hear what we wanna hear...& that depends heavily on whether the news is percieved to be good or bad...We've seen this play out with the Easterby thing. Jamey Rootes had to come out & say the same thing that Cal announced back when BoB was fired...Now, b/c it was reiterated by someone else, NOW, we believe.

So to me the composition of his committee is immaterial. It doesn't raise or lower my optimism/pessimism level about the direction of the franchise 1 iota from where it was at post BoB firing. Truth be told, this committee could be picked apart too. Jimmy Johnson is living off of what he did a quarter of a century ago..Game has changed a lot since then & his last stop in Miami Dolphins...not so hot a job. R.C. Buford has 0 experience in the NFL and hasn't ventured too much outside of his small market team, 1 of those guys played a pretty good role in the Ed Reed debacle..., Another guy doesn't have any real track record of success for hiring a HC pretty much everywhere he's been & it appears he's only on the committee b/c he's a HOFer and he's from the area. Tony Dungy is literally the only guy on the committee whose rep for being able to coach & turn around franchises is beyond reproach.

As far as the retreads...hey, none of em' are on my list, but I could see a case being made for any 1 of them simply b/c none ever had a franchise qb to work with like they would with DW4 & that thought process could be the impetus for giving them "another shot".

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Hold on there Chief, Cal has been sitting in the Texans executive suite and the boardroom for 20 years. He was named Vice Chairman in 2008 and Chief Operating officer in 2012. Also the last year Bob was alive Cal was in charge of running the Texans. My guess is if Brian Gaine were still here the Texans would be better off today than they're with O'Brien as GM.

"Janice McNair, Bob's wife, will be the owner, with Cal McNair, 58, handling the day-to-day operations.

Cal, 58, was his father's right-hand man since the early 2000s. He's been involved in every major decision the franchise has made."
Cal McNair groomed to run Texans - HoustonChronicle.com
Being involved and being the decision maker are two different things. Stephen Jones is involved in the Cowboys but its still Jerry that has the ego and mad plan.

Texian

Hall of Fame

Oct. 12th - Cal hires Jed Hughes with Korn Ferry as consultant to find GM and HC.

Nov. 19th - Cal says they will hire GM first, Cal, Easterby, McClain and Watson will be the search committee.

Dec. 8th - Cal McNair announced his advisory committee this morning of Tony Dungy, Jimmy Johnson, Andre Johnson, Rod Graves and Spurs CEO R.C. Buford.

Stay tuned.....

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Maybe a choice few, but I feel comfortable in saying that for the overwhelming majority who call themselves fans of the Texans, it was fake outrage. Fact is, we hear what we wanna hear...& that depends heavily on whether the news is percieved to be good or bad...We've seen this play out with the Easterby thing. Jamey Rootes had to come out & say the same thing that Cal announced back when BoB was fired...Now, b/c it was reiterated by someone else, NOW, we believe.

So to me the composition of his committee is immaterial. It doesn't raise or lower my optimism/pessimism level about the direction of the franchise 1 iota from where it was at post BoB firing. Truth be told, this committee could be picked apart too. Jimmy Johnson is living off of what he did a quarter of a century ago..Game has changed a lot since then & his last stop in Miami Dolphins...not so hot a job. R.C. Buford has 0 experience in the NFL and hasn't ventured too much outside of his small market team, 1 of those guys played a pretty good role in the Ed Reed debacle..., Another guy doesn't have any real track record of success for hiring a HC pretty much everywhere he's been & it appears he's only on the committee b/c he's a HOFer and he's from the area. Tony Dungy is literally the only guy on the committee whose rep for being able to coach & turn around franchises is beyond reproach.

As far as the retreads...hey, none of em' are on my list, but I could see a case being made for any 1 of them simply b/c none ever had a franchise qb to work with like they would with DW4 & that thought process could be the impetus for giving them "another shot".
Fair enough. I guess I just cut the fans more slack than you do. People get passionate about this stuff. Right or wrong, these decisions mean a lot to many fans. Probably especially more so for the folks that spend thousands every year on season tickets, merchandise, and tailgating. Which is kind of the point of sending this letter to season ticket holders. Apparently, the Texans care more about their perspectives than you do.

Just because something is immaterial to you does not mean it is that way for everyone. Why do you think the Texans even bothered to release this information? It obviously means something to someone.

As far as using committees, I have no idea if this is routine for NFL franchises. I've never followed other teams like I do the Texans. In the end, though, I judge a tree by its fruit. Ultimately all that matters is who Cal selects and their eventual results on the field.

And honeslty, this forum and radio callers represents 0.001% of the fan base. Most fans in Houston are casual and will never hear this news. I think most fans felt nothing beyond the news about Nuk and the results of this crappy season. People are losing interest. The Texans are trying to recapture some of it.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

For just once, I'd love to see what a gruntled fan looks like. So tired of the negativity associated with disgruntled fans. :backsout:
1607461078943.png

1607460763483.png

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Fair enough. I guess I just cut the fans more slack than you do. People get passionate about this stuff. Right or wrong, these decisions mean a lot to many fans. Probably especially more so for the folks that spend thousands every year on season tickets, merchandise, and tailgating. Which is kind of the point of sending this letter to season ticket holders. Apparently, the Texans care more about their perspectives than you do.

Just because something is immaterial to you does not mean it is that way for everyone. Why do you think the Texans even bothered to release this information? It obviously means something to someone.

As far as using committees, I have no idea if this is routine for NFL franchises. I've never followed other teams like I do the Texans. In the end, though, I judge a tree by its fruit. Ultimately all that matters is who Cal selects and their eventual results on the field.

And honeslty, this forum and radio callers represents 0.001% of the fan base. Most fans in Houston are casual and will never hear this news. I think most fans felt nothing beyond the news about Nuk and the results of this crappy season. People are losing interest. The Texans are trying to recapture some of it.
Who it means more to & why is the big question though. The more jaded of us would take these announcements to mean that Cal is worried about his cash cow drying up so he's putting it out there to renew "hope" so that fans can continue to show up on Kirby on game day and shell out the bucks. Others are taking it exactly as some in this forum are...like its a sign they're gonna get it "right" this time.

I fall in neither..not quick dismiss anything b/c as TB buc fans are finding out, its simply just isn't as simple to win SB's as most fans think. Lotttttaaa luck is involved.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Oct. 12th - Cal hires Jed Hughes with Korn Ferry as consultant to find GM and HC.

Nov. 19th - Cal says they will hire GM first, Cal, Easterby, McClain and Watson will be the search committee.

Dec. 8th - Cal McNair announced his advisory committee this morning of Tony Dungy, Jimmy Johnson, Andre Johnson, Rod Graves and Spurs CEO R.C. Buford.

Stay tuned.....

I'd give …. O'Brien's left cranium …. to see them include Herm Edwards …. what a valuable man !

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Didn't DW4 say he wanted a minority HC? I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. It just limits the hiring pool.

DW4 gets what he wants.
Did I miss something?

I thought he was asked a question and he offered an opinion on hiring/working with a particular coach who happens to be a minority? Or did he come right out and say "I want a minority coach"?

I don't recall seeing that, is this more of your 'reasoning' e.g. 1+1=controversial statement presented as fact?

Mangler

Toro de España

No, I agree. Cal seems like a no bs type of owner, and if that star studded group of consultants do what he pays them to, I’m confident the franchise takes that next step!

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Who it means more to & why is the big question though. The more jaded of us would take these announcements to mean that Cal is worried about his cash cow drying up so he's putting it out there to renew "hope" so that fans can continue to show up on Kirby on game day and shell out the bucks. Others are taking it exactly as some in this forum are...like its a sign they're gonna get it "right" this time.

I fall in neither..not quick dismiss anything b/c as TB buc fans are finding out, its simply just isn't as simple to win SB's as most fans think. Lotttttaaa luck is involved.
Very true but as bucc fans are also finding out just a few key pieces and a F/O willing to go for it and make the moves needed can take you from league joke to real contenders.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Very true but as bucc fans are also finding out just a few key pieces and a F/O willing to go for it and make the moves needed can take you from league joke to real contenders.
Are they real contenders though? Gronk & TB12 look done...finally, AB hasn't really been a factor & that defense is suspect as hell. They had a strong WR group but the thing they were beasts at, TB12 is deficient in (going deep). They'll finish with a great record, but I could see them floundering out in their 1st game if they get the wrong match up. I mean they got beat by the Chicago Bears for Christ sake & NO has beat that ass......twice. Not win, BEAT THAT ASS.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
For just once, I'd love to see what a gruntled fan looks like. So tired of the negativity associated with disgruntled fans. :backsout:
View attachment 7158

View attachment 7157
lol I had to look up "gruntled" to see if it was a real word. ;)

Turns out, the gruntled fans must be the ones paying out exorbitant sums for season tickets every year, as well as the 30,000+ on the reported waiting list.

They must be the happy, shiny fans that I keep hearing about. :mail:

Well, speaking from the jaded perspective, I'm sure they are working overtime on Kirby to spin it positively to get folks to renew those season tickets. Revenues are down across the league, so it's understandable. It's what I would do if I ran a multi-billion dollar entertainment company.

I'm not one of those season ticket fans, though. I have no financial dog in this fight. I'm purely looking to be entertained here. :popcorn:

That said, I'm not jaded enough to automatically assume Cal & Co. will fail before we even know who he picks. I'm hopeful for the good luck, even though I know hope is a suckers game sometimes. Ooops, too jaded. I mean, hope springs eternal and all that jazz. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounded good on a motivational poster I saw years ago.

:goodluck:

Texian

Hall of Fame
No, I agree. Cal seems like a no bs type of owner, and if that star studded group of consultants do what he pays them to, I’m confident the franchise takes that next step!
This is so out of character and not normal operating behavior for the Texans, I wonder if somehow, someway the NFL league office didn't intervene to help out poor Cal. Did Janice put in a call to Roger Goodell to help her son in this difficult situation? Is this a sign the Texans might be gearing up to be sold?

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
In all reality....I'm a young Eliot Wolf fan for GM. He's got a great eye for talent. Now that there's a lot more chatter of Jim Harbaugh looking to return to the NFL, I'd be in if he would consider Houston. Harbaugh is a success wherever he lands and he got the 49'ers to the SB in short order. Harbaugh also recognized that his preferred offense was out dated at Michigan and brought in a new OC in 2019 to get his offense current. The new OC has a great offense....just getting the right recruits to execute the new offense. Biggest land if Harbaugh is hired, his OL Coach whom many consider the OL coach in the nation. That ability to educate and coach-up would really fit nicely with the Texans. The DC is also a coach I would be really excited about b/c he's not about that bend don't break shite, he's all about trying to dominate the opposing offense on every play. His defense is a 3-4/4-6 hybrid. Harbaugh has his warts but he's also a determined winner. I believe Watson could develop unbelievably under Harbaugh's guidance.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Are they real contenders though? Gronk & TB12 look done...finally, AB hasn't really been a factor & that defense is suspect as hell. They had a strong WR group but the thing they were beasts at, TB12 is deficient in (going deep). They'll finish with a great record, but I could see them floundering out in their 1st game if they get the wrong match up. I mean they got beat by the Chicago Bears for Christ sake & NO has beat that ass......twice. Not win, BEAT THAT ASS.
I think Watson could make AB look like sliced bread again.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I'm more in the 1st camp, but I've really just learned to laugh at the Texans before I send in my payments now.