Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Search Committee

Dungy himself conceded that the extent of his involvement was not limited to just that 1 call...it is an ongoing advisory role. And I presume that to mean that Cal will be able to reach out to him, and the others again as needed during this process once he has narrowed his list.

why folks are making such a big deal about this and 1 damn word is absurd. It’s a big decision...1 the guy hasn’t made himself before and it’s incumbent of the man to take in as much info to inform and educate himself so as to make a good sound decision. I liken it to someone who has recently hit the lotto when you find out just how many friends and family you never knew you had.

In this case, Cal’s probably got so many folks in his ear about who he should hire or “take a look at” it’s a bit overwhelming. Hell, just from listening and reading all the HC and GM experts on the radio and on this website, I’m overwhelmed for him.

Maybe we could form a team of forum posters to look into it - a committee we could call it...

:kitten:

I've posted links a bajillion times over the years when I've made a claim.

That's the stadard. Make a claim and be prepared to back it up with evidence/facts.

Not assert something as fact and expect everyone else to do your work for you.

Like he said, he's already posted his research here before. If you want to know then take the time to look it up. Otherwise move on.

Man, this franchise becomes more and more of a joke by the second. The committee that isn’t a committee, the mysterious character coach that has everyone in the building walking on eggshells, how TF did it get so pathetic?

Cletus and the Not Texans Worthy group doing their thing.

This is what happens when you put profit over putting the best product possible on the field. It's the Texans Way.

Dungy himself conceded that the extent of his involvement was not limited to just that 1 call...it is an ongoing advisory role. And I presume that to mean that Cal will be able to reach out to him, and the others again as needed during this process once he has narrowed his list.

why folks are making such a big deal about this and 1 damn word is absurd. It’s a big decision...1 the guy hasn’t made himself before and it’s incumbent of the man to take in as much info to inform and educate himself so as to make a good sound decision. I liken it to someone who has recently hit the lotto when you find out just how many friends and family you never knew you had.

In this case, Cal’s probably got so many folks in his ear about who he should hire or “take a look at” it’s a bit overwhelming. Hell, just from listening and reading all the HC and GM experts on the radio and on this website, I’m overwhelmed for him.

You are not taking 1 thing into account (ok 2). 1- Nobody posted Dungy was not going to answer a Cal call. But, they did post that Dungy said he was not on the committee. Meaning, unless you post what you read...what else do people have to go on? Nobody goes by word alone on here.
2- Watson. Simple as that. Cal is not going to hire a HC (GM maybe sure) who Watson is not a fan of. Even if you find out that Watson didn't want a HC who takes (insert random team) HC spot and wins 10 Super Bowls with less talent that we have in 2yrs. And has already won a title (hypothetical) Cal is not going to hire him. He is going to kiss Watson's butt for allowing (and 1/2 responsible for) the Hopkins trade rumor is it wasn't just football or OB. Plus he just paid him huge money and could have played him on a 5th year option or waited to sign him till the off season. So, no chance he is not going to take who Watson wants.

Basically, come GM choice, yes a committee will make that call. A HC, the GM, Cal and Watson will make that one.

You are not taking 1 thing into account (ok 2). 1- Nobody posted Dungy was not going to answer a Cal call. But, they did post that Dungy said he was not on the committee. Meaning, unless you post what you read...what else do people have to go on? Nobody goes by word alone on here.
2- Watson. Simple as that. Cal is not going to hire a HC (GM maybe sure) who Watson is not a fan of. Even if you find out that Watson didn't want a HC who takes (insert random team) HC spot and wins 10 Super Bowls with less talent that we have in 2yrs. And has already won a title (hypothetical) Cal is not going to hire him. He is going to kiss Watson's butt for allowing (and 1/2 responsible for) the Hopkins trade rumor is it wasn't just football or OB. Plus he just paid him huge money and could have played him on a 5th year option or waited to sign him till the off season. So, no chance he is not going to take who Watson wants.

Basically, come GM choice, yes a committee will make that call. A HC, the GM, Cal and Watson will make that one.

Dungy said that he’s not on a committee b/c it’s not A committee...which is what Dungy’s statement was aimed at correcting.

2nd, while I believe Cal values DW4’s opinion, the advisory group was formed to make sure that whomever they bring in gets along with everyone, not just him.

Dungy said that he’s not on a committee b/c it’s not A committee...which is what Dungy’s statement was aimed at correcting.

2nd, while I believe Cal values DW4’s opinion, the advisory group was formed to make sure that whomever they bring in gets along with everyone, not just him.

Watch Dungy end up being the Texans new Head Coach. Lol

Nothing is what it appears to be with this organization. A committee isn’t a committee. An interim GM isn’t really a GM, he’s just a mouthpiece, and in no way is a candidate for becoming a GM. A star player was traded because of T E A M, but not really. Nothing is as it seems and I don’t believe a word coming out of the mouths of this organization’s leaders. But I’m just a lowly fan that doesn’t deserve to know the truth, is what one member of this board will admonish me.

It’s true, I don’t need to know everything, and I don’t care to know everything about this team. It doesn’t reflect badly on me, it reflects poorly on team management when all this stuff gets revealed. So, I’m just going to sit back and watch it all come down.

Cletus and the Not Texans Worthy group doing their thing.

This is what happens when you put profit over putting the best product possible on the field. It's the Texans Way.
From my perspective I think Cal thinks every football decision that he makes is about putting the best product possible on the field.

Nothing is what it appears to be with this organization. A committee isn’t a committee. An interim GM isn’t really a GM, he’s just a mouthpiece, and in no way is a candidate for becoming a GM. A star player was traded because of T E A M, but not really. Nothing is as it seems and I don’t believe a word coming out of the mouths of this organization’s leaders. But I’m just a lowly fan that doesn’t deserve to know the truth, is what one member of this board will admonish me.

It’s true, I don’t need to know everything, and I don’t care to know everything about this team. It doesn’t reflect badly on me, it reflects poorly on team management when all this stuff gets revealed. So, I’m just going to sit back and watch it all come down.
My reading of the tea leaves is after the Casserio tampering, O'Brien was named GM for 2020 only, knowing Casserio would be here in a year. Texans couldn't say as much to avoid additional tampering charges. They gave O'Brien enough rope to hang himself so now Nick and Jack could start with a clean slate. Why Easterby was so agreeable to all of O'Brien's destructive trades.

Easterby is now interim GM in name only because the Texans know they already have their man, Nick Casserio and have for almost a year now. Casserio will be in Houston as soon as the Patriots finish their season and could likely bring Josh McDaniel with him as the new head coach for the Houston Texans. An offensive coordinator he is, a head coach he is not.

One thing is becoming crystal clear, Tom Brady made a many Patriot OC look really good. When in reality their shining star was only shiny because of their association with Brady and not so much because of their clipboard prowess.

Last edited:
Easterby is now interim GM in name only because the Texans know they already have their man, Nick Casserio and have for almost a year now.
I absolutely agree.

But wonder why Cal went with the charade of hiring an executive search firm. It doesn't "fit."

I also don't know about them bringing in Josh McDaniels. I'm sure they already have a name, but I don't think it's McDaniels. It's going to be someone a little more obscure, someone in no position to be a HC candidate. Like a former NE Special Teams assistant.

You dont think McNair has bought fully in on DW4 and will give him the HC of his choosing?
You said Watson wanted a minority head coach. I just wanted to know if he actually said that. I don’t have a problem with having a minority in any position but to specifically demand one is crossing the line IMO. I never heard anything like that. Saying he wants a black head coach and saying he wants Bieniemy have two completely different meanings.

You said Watson wanted a minority head coach. I just wanted to know if he actually said that. I don’t have a problem with having a minority in any position but to specifically demand one is crossing the line IMO. I never heard anything like that. Saying he wants a black head coach and saying he wants Bieniemy have two completely different meanings.

No he didn’t specifically demand a minority head coach.

I could find nothing from Deshaun about a minority coach. He wants an offensive mind that can give him a good scheme to succeed in. I doubt he cares if the dude is purple.

The statement was made by a fan with a clear agenda against #4. As always, take it fwiw.

From my perspective I think Cal thinks every football decision that he makes is about putting the best product possible on the field.

We have different perspectives then.

It's all about cashing those checks is my perspective.

Let's just see how this all plays out.

I want Saleh, he's a leader of men.

Let's just see how this all plays out.

I want Saleh, he's a leader of men.
"Let's just see how this all plays out"? Isn't this your classic self fulfilling prophecy? By most media accounts, Bienemy is considered a top coaching prospect and will be a HC in 2021. So, if the Texans hire Bienemy, without any proof, you can claim DW4 wanted a minority coach and he got one.

Then as soon as Bienemy makes a bad coaching decision, you will be posting it's DW4's fault because he wanted a minority coach. So, tell the forum where did you read or hear DW4 wanting a minority HC and I will post the link for you. Otherwise, I'm flagging this narrative as you talking out your a$$ to setup a future agenda to troll this forum. You're on the clock, sir.

Last edited:
We have different perspectives then.

It's all about cashing those checks is my perspective.
I agree there is a business side that focuses on revenues and profits, no doubt. No argument there. What I don't believe is that Cal consciously makes a decision that goes against putting the best product on the field. In fact not sure how that would work. Not wanting to put the best product on the field is counterproductive to cashing the biggest checks possible. Winning is the best thing going for producing the biggest revenues. Selling is not, losing has the opposite effect, smaller checks.

I could find nothing from Deshaun about a minority coach. He wants an offensive mind that can give him a good scheme to succeed in. I doubt he cares if the dude is purple.

The statement was made by a fan with a clear agenda against #4. As always, take it fwiw.
Deshuan Watson wants to be Patrick Mahomes. He really doesn't care about how he gets there.

"Let's just see how this all plays out"? Isn't this your classic self fulfilling prophecy? By most media accounts, Bienemy is considered a top coaching prospect and will be a HC in 2021. So, if the Texans hire Bienemy, without any proof, you can claim DW4 wanted a minority coach and he got one.

Then as soon as Bienemy makes a bad coaching decision, you will be posting it's DW4's fault because he wanted a minority coach. So, tell the forum where did you read or hear DW4 wanting a minority HC and I will post the link for you. Otherwise, I'm flagging this narrative as you talking out your a$$ to setup a future agenda to troll this forum. You're on the clock, sir.

You’re preaching the gospel Earl. Almost make you not even want Bienemy here as a HC.

So he doesn’t want to throw for 5000 yards, 50TDs, be league MVP, win the SB & win SBMVP?

It’s time to move on if he doesn’t want to be that guy.

Now you’re being messy. I’m telling you what he actually said. Of course he wants to win a super bowl. But he wants to win the same amount as Brady on more.

I think you’re being messy. Whether you say Brady or Mahomes, you know what he meant. We’re talking about wanting Bieniemy to be his coach, since O’Brien didn’t work.

Wrong, he was very clear in his response. And I just disagreed. How you think that’s being messy is beyond me. But good night

Last edited:
I agree there is a business side that focuses on revenues and profits, no doubt. No argument there. What I don't believe is that Cal consciously makes a decision that goes against putting the best product on the field. In fact not sure how that would work. Not wanting to put the best product on the field is counterproductive to cashing the biggest checks possible. Winning is the best thing going for producing the biggest revenues. Selling is not, losing has the opposite effect, smaller checks.

To put the best team possible on the field you have to participate in the top tier FA market as well as draft well and develop talent. Cal isn't willing to spend the money to do any of these things.

Hiring top notch assistants would be a great start. But those guys cost money.

Look at the search committee for your answers. DW4's going to get what he wants. Hopefully it's not Bienemy, BTW, I've heard this from a person that's friends with one of the minority owners. You can call this talking out my azz if you want too, it really doesn't bother me at all. You also better believe that I'm going to hold the next HC hire to the same standard that many here have held BOB to for the last 6 yrs regardless if the next HC is a minority or not. You can also believe that if DW4 gets the HC he wants (Bienemy) because he as on the search committee that I'm going to also hold DW4 to the same standard that many on this MB have held BOB too. Basically if DW4 gets his guy and if in 2 yrs(I'm giving them 2021) by 2022 if they aren't up 24-0 on the Chiefs at the end of the 1st qtr in an AFC semi final game then you will be surely hearing from me.

I'm not against them hiring a minority HC, I just dont want them to hire Bienemy, I do want them to hire Saleh and I'm going to hold Saleh to the same standard that many have held BOB too. That's the way this should work if BOB's the floor the new HC should atleast be held to the BOB floor level.

You’re preaching the gospel Earl. Almost make you not even want Bienemy here as a HC.

Yes he is preaching his gospel,

And yes, I'm going to hold the next HC to the same standard many have held BOB too. If BOB is as terrible a HC as you've made him out to be then the next HC sould be better? Correct and if the next HC is who DW4 wants shouldn't he be held to a higher standard also?

But Brady's done all that stuff too...

DW4's never going to be like Brady (That's not in his skillset) He also isn't going to be like Mahomes because he doesn't have Mahomes level of god given talent. That doesn't mean DW4 shouldn't strive to reach the heights that Brady/Mahomes have already reached in their careers.

Now you’re being messy. I’m telling you what he actually said. Of course he wants to win a super bowl. But he wants to win the same amount as Brady on more.

No QB in NFL history has wanted to win more than Brady. Brady's left millions on the table to make sure that he's surrounded with enough talent to have the chance to win a SB.

Did DW4 do this when he had the opportunity to do the same thing Brady did? Nope, DW4 took every penny he could get. Personally I dont blame him, but just dont get your hopes up when it comes to winning championships. This is a big part of why this will end up being the lost decade.

Highly doubt he wants to be Patrick Mahomas. More and likely wants to be set up like him.

Why wouldn't he want to be like Mahomes? League MVP/Super Bowl winner/SB MVP. We can only hope DW4 accomplishes what Mahomes has already accomplished in his young career. DW4 should strive to be like Mahomes not different from him.

Last edited:
DW4's never going to be like Brady (That's not in his skillset) He also isn't going to be like Mahomes because he doesn't have Mahomes level of god given talent. That doesn't mean DW4 shouldn't strive to reach the heights that Brady/Mahomes have already reached in their careers.
Mahomes has a long way to go before anyone starts to compare him to Brady. Mahomes has had the luxury of having a good HC, OC, GM, scouts, and beyond loaded roster. Brady has done it with a bunch of JAGs for the past 20 years. Switch DW4 with Mahomes (situations/teams) and I’m sure DW4 would be your man crush.

QB in NFL history has wanted to win more than Brady. Brady's left millions on the table to make sure that he's surrounded with enough talent to have the chance to win a SB.

Did DW4 do this when he had the opportunity to do the same thing Brady did? Nope, DW4 took every penny he could get. Personally I dont blame him, but just dont get your hopes up when it comes to winning championships. This is a big part of why this will end up being the lost decade.

Why wouldn't he want to be like Mahomes? League MVP/Super Bowl winner/SB MVP. We can only hope DW4 accomplishes what Mahomes has already accomplished in his young career. DW4 should strive to be like Mahomes not different from him.
Brady is the only QB in the history of the game to leave as much on the table as he did. There have been plenty of other Super Bowl winning, Super Bowl MVP and NFL MVPs that have taken what they could get. DW4s contract is not nearly onerous enough to force the Texans to lose any season let alone a decade's worth.
If you want to initiate a decade of losing, make personnel decisions like the ones OB made. Or, as you love to rant about year in and year out, sign all of the "top tier" FAs and really blow up the salary cap.

To put the best team possible on the field you have to participate in the top tier FA market as well as draft well and develop talent. Cal isn't willing to spend the money to do any of these things.

Hiring top notch assistants would be a great start. But those guys cost money.
I think it is more of a case of Cal doesn't have the money to spend. When you're spending is over the 2021 cap limit it is hard to say Cal isn't willing to spend money. Cal is overdrawn. I think it is more of case of Cal isn't spending Texans money wisely and prudently. Cal's approach to spending money is much like a teenage girl at the Mall with Daddy's credit card.

I have often said the Texans need a 4 year plan and when you take care of 2024 and plan accordingly, 2021 will take care of itself. GM Think! The Texans have always operated with a single focus of the season at hand. That's why they always draft for need instead of BPA and look for band aids to feel out the roster. HC Think!

The Texans are overloaded on too many BIG salaries and why there depth is always less than satisfactory and their available dollars under the salary cap has been mostly nonexistent

Bob McNair did spend big one year when he signed Jonathan Joseph the top CB in FA. That and promising Wade the 1st Rd pick was part of the deal to sign Wade Phillips which Wade used to draft JJ Watt. The year Bob said we have the money and we're going to spend it. Spend it he did but he also created 3 years of salary cap hell trying to buy himself a championship.

I think it is more of a case of Cal doesn't have the money to spend. When you're spending is over the 2021 cap limit it is hard to say Cal isn't willing to spend money. Cal is overdrawn. I think it is more of case of Cal isn't spending Texans money wisely and prudently. Cal's approach to spending money is much like a teenage girl at the Mall with Daddy's credit card.

I have often said the Texans need a 4 year plan and when you take care of 2024 and plan accordingly, 2021 will take care of itself. GM Think! The Texans have always operated with a single focus of the season at hand. That's why they always draft for need instead of BPA and look for band aids to feel out the roster. HC Think!

The Texans are overloaded on too many BIG salaries and why there depth is always less than satisfactory and their available dollars under the salary cap has been mostly nonexistent

Bob McNair did spend big one year when he signed Jonathan Joseph the top CB in FA. That and promising Wade the 1st Rd pick was part of the deal to sign Wade Phillips which Wade used to draft JJ Watt. The year Bob said we have the money and we're going to spend it. Spend it he did but he also created 3 years of salary cap hell trying to buy himself a championship.

They do have the $$$$ to spend to get the best AC's possible and they always go cheap in this area.

BTW, do you think spending the $$$$ on JoJo/Manning directly contributed to the most successful 3 yr run in franchise history is a coincidence? I do agree with you on their shortsightedness when it come to drafting for need over BPA. In this yrs draft since they dont have a pick until the 3rd rd hopefully the new regime goes for BPA. This is how you find Reid in the 3rd rd.

Glad to see you back posting here again and bringing reality back to this MB.

Brady is the only QB in the history of the game to leave as much on the table as he did. There have been plenty of other Super Bowl winning, Super Bowl MVP and NFL MVPs that have taken what they could get. DW4s contract is not nearly onerous enough to force the Texans to lose any season let alone a decade's worth.
If you want to initiate a decade of losing, make personnel decisions like the ones OB made. Or, as you love to rant about year in and year out, sign all of the "top tier" FAs and really blow up the salary cap.

We're (As fans) in the middle of the lost decade. Whether you want to admit it or not any QB taking up 20% of the cap means there will not be a way to add enough talent to win a championship

Mahomes has a long way to go before anyone starts to compare him to Brady. Mahomes has had the luxury of having a good HC, OC, GM, scouts, and beyond loaded roster. Brady has done it with a bunch of JAGs for the past 20 years. Switch DW4 with Mahomes (situations/teams) and I’m sure DW4 would be your man crush.

This is an unproveable narrative.

I dont believe DW4's anywhere close to being in Mahomes league and never will be. You disagree with me and that's OK.

Is the “search committee” really a “committee”?

Does Deshaun Watson want to be Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady?

Will the Texans hire a minority head coach?

Does Cal McNair stop ******* up?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!

Lol, as much as no one wants to admit it, the tea leaves are set up perfectly for us to REALLY become NE South. Not saying I’d want that but let’s be real, Caserio is at the top of his profession as a candidate for GM & has reportedly showed interest in our GM gig and McDaniels is also a top HC candidate if he decides to throw his hat in the ring and is also regarded as a great playcaller to boot. Both have also worked with Easterby & Caserio is reportedly good friends with him as well.

Both could come here as a pair.

Lol, as much as no one wants to admit it, the tea leaves are set up perfectly for us to REALLY become NE South. Not saying I’d want that but let’s be real, Caserio is at the top of his profession as a candidate for GM & has reportedly showed interest in our GM gig and McDaniels is also a top HC candidate if he decides to throw his hat in the ring and is also regarded as a great playcaller to boot. Both have also worked with Easterby & Caserio is reportedly good friends with him as well.

Both could come here as a pair.

I wouldn't have a problem with these hires.

Although I think most of the posters here heads would explode. This would actually be quite entertaining.

I wouldn't have a problem with these hires.

Although I think most of the posters here heads would explode. This would actually be quite entertaining.

i wouldnt either b/c as I said both are highly regarded at what they do best and that’s about all you can ask for. McDaniels in particular has always been seen as a really good playcaller. He’s a retread, but amongst the best in that group and you have to believe that he’s learned a little bit from his mistakes in Denver. He’s also young enough to be able to relate to DW4....both he and Caserio are also former qbs & WR’s so I’m sure they’d be able to help DW4 grow a little more into the position.

Aside from that, as I said Caserio and McDaniels have worked together for a while and would know what they’re getting into with Easterby.

Back