Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Scouting

So I’ve done a little research on where Texans scouts have gone to so far this year.

OSU v Wisconsin
FSU v Wake Forest
Miami v UNC
Kentucky v Missouri
FSU practice
Alabama v A&M
OSU v Maryland
Texas v Oklahoma
Penn St v Northwestern
ND v OSU
KSU v Missouri
Boston College v Holy Cross
Penn St v WV
Iowa St v UNI

Repeat schools have been Ohio State, Missouri, Florida State, and Penn St.

Ohio and Florida State have prospects on both offense and defense that would be good for the Texans.

I’m curious who they’re looking at for Missouri. Maybe DE Darius Robinson who’s been making a name for himself.

I’m surprised that we haven’t scouted UW (or maybe I just haven’t found a report that we’ve scouted them). They have an excellent WR room. Of course there’s still the rest of the season and bowl games to attend.
I’m also surprised we haven’t gone to a Michigan game.

Which teams do y’all want the Texans to scout? Which prospects?

So I’ve done a little research on where Texans scouts have gone to so far this year.

OSU v Wisconsin
FSU v Wake Forest
Miami v UNC
Kentucky v Missouri
FSU practice
Alabama v A&M
OSU v Maryland
Texas v Oklahoma
Penn St v Northwestern
ND v OSU
KSU v Missouri
Boston College v Holy Cross
Penn St v WV
Iowa St v UNI

Repeat schools have been Ohio State, Missouri, Florida State, and Penn St.

Ohio and Florida State have prospects on both offense and defense that would be good for the Texans.

I’m curious who they’re looking at for Missouri. Maybe DE Darius Robinson who’s been making a name for himself.

I’m surprised that we haven’t scouted UW (or maybe I just haven’t found a report that we’ve scouted them). They have an excellent WR room. Of course there’s still the rest of the season and bowl games to attend.
I’m also surprised we haven’t gone to a Michigan game.

Which teams do y’all want the Texans to scout? Which prospects?

Texans have attended multiple Ohio State games. I’m curious if Caserio is looking at both offense and defense. OSU has a sneaky good D this year.
I think Houston has (is) played themselves out of MHJ, however, there is another sneaky good receiver that should come out - Emeka Egbuka has excellent hands, speed and runs great routes.
I'm hoping Noah Brown, Tank Dell, Nico Collins and John Metchie and co make taking a receiver high a lesser priority.

I think Houston has (is) played themselves out of MHJ, however, there is another sneaky good receiver that should come out - Emeka Egbuka has excellent hands, speed and runs great routes.
I'm hoping Noah Brown, Tank Dell, Nico Collins and John Metchie and co make taking a receiver high a lesser priority.
I'm just hoping they get a great player, regardless of position.

Just looking at the visits this season so far .... they went to a FS game .... then .... one their practices. Looking at the prospects - they've got a big DE - Jered Verse - 6'4" 260 and fast - won state in the 440 yd relay. Chik Ching !!!! Get 'em Coach !!! What's more, they've got 6 or 8 more, that you'd fly to Timbuktu to scout ! Now I'm in love with Demeco !

Last edited:
Just looking at the visits this season so far .... they went to a FS game .... then .... one their practices. Looking at the prospects - they've got a big DE - Jered Verse - 6'4" 260 and fast - won state in the 440 yd relay. Chik Ching !!!! Get 'em Coach !!! What's more, they've got 6 or 8 more, that you'd fly to Timbuktu to scout ! Now I'm in love with Demeco !
If Verse would’ve declared last year he would’ve been a top 10 pick. If we get him we’d have quite the duo in Anderson and Verse.

Seminoles have 7 inside the top 150.

Team Pro days to go visit:-

That's a cool way of judging the teams' interest by identifying the position coaches. Nice job by Nagy.

Works both ways. I remember last year people were knocking the Texans for not sending “enough” people to the pro days. Meanwhile the Panthers were sending a parade to check out those two QBs and were being celebrated for it.

Caserio mentioned something about that. Maybe mostly in regards to combine. But he said they have too much to do to send everybody over in person. They might zoom with someone if they really want someone in particular on staff to talk with them. You know that Nick, he’s all about the efficiency!

Caserio mentioned something about that. Maybe mostly in regards to combine. But he said they have too much to do to send everybody over in person.
Rather than crafty, Nick was likely being truthful. A new staff does have more things to put together than a staff that's been together. And the Texans do seem to be making more visits in person.

Rather than crafty, Nick was likely being truthful. A new staff does have more things to put together than a staff that's been together. And the Texans do seem to be making more visits in person.
That's the beauty of having that continuity - more time to research more prospects.

It's a new day

Unlike skipping out on the combine and not going to pro days like GM/HC's in the past.

How many OL discussions do you want?

I would think all, unless we're satisfied with our left tackle who gets paid so highly ,(of which he reminds us, every several years)! I know he protects CJ well .... biggest part of this his ultra - quick back kick which which he is so adept at, that it draws 2 handfuls of offsides penalties, some drive stoppers, add to that, his reluctance to run block and his ever climbing salary .... but he isn't my focus of concern - he's kind of a necessary indulgence. My concerns are the remaining 4 positions. If Patterson or Scruggs are well ,we can skip LG, if Tytus Howard, or one of the two Greens has suddenly acquired the ability to play (well). Center ... we have them ... but have any become good ? Shaq Mason is an expensive but proven right guard. I have read as much as I could find on him .... a couple of articles have gone so far as to say, "can play any interior position ! If true, that would make a huge difference ! There is a young man from the longhorns that I have watched a lot .... RT ... Christian Jones. I like him a lot - because he's an intelligent, Happy Warrior. Love and admire those guys .... they add so much to surrounding big men .... but get very little credit from anyone else. There is a ROG from UCONN, Christian Adams, who almost looks like Jones, and, so far, even plays better ! They look and play eerily the same, exhibit same driving style. Adams is 6' 3" 315 lbs. Jones is 6'5" and 305 lbs. - which I feel he lost down to for a better 40 time .... he is more dominate at 315 ! They ran a 5.03 and a 5.04 40 .... an eyelash from the 4's. These brothers from another mother, caught my attention on the last day of the combine .... and everytime I watched them since. I knew they would never be first rounders - which I thought was a positive. There now, I've thanked my big, and bigger friends, who were always engaged in mortal combat for us, and were always more concerned with picking us up, physically and psychologically, than any injury they'd sustained .... God bless those big, beautiful young men !

Last edited:
I would think all, unless we're satisfied with our left tackle who gets paid so highly ,(of which he reminds us, every several years)! I know he protects CJ well .... biggest part of this his ultra - quick back kick which which he is so adept at, that it draws 2 handfuls of offsides penalties, some drive stoppers, add to that, his reluctance to run block and his ever climbing salary .... but he isn't my focus of concern - he's kind of a necessary indulgence. My concerns are the remaining 4 positions. If Patterson or Scruggs are well ,we can skip LG, if Tytus Howard, or one of the two Greens has suddenly acquired the ability to play (well). Center ... we have them ... but have any become good ? Shaq Mason is an expensive but proven right guard. I have read as much as I could find on him .... a couple of articles have gone so far as to say, "can play any interior position ! If true, that would make a huge difference ! There is a young man from the longhorns that I have watched a lot .... RT ... Christian Jones. I like him a lot - because he's an intelligent, Happy Warrior. Love and admire those guys .... they add so much to surrounding big men .... but get very little credit from anyone else. There is a ROG from UCONN, Christian Adams, who almost looks like Jones, and, so far, even plays better ! They look and play eerily the same, exhibit same driving style. Adams is 6' 3" 315 lbs. Jones is 6'5" and 305 lbs. - which I feel he lost down to for a better 40 time .... he is more dominate at 315 ! They ran a 5.03 and a 5.04 40 .... an eyelash from the 4's. These brothers from another mother, caught my attention on the last day of the combine .... and everytime I watched them since. I knew they would never be first rounders - which I thought was a positive. There now, I've thanked my big, and bigger friends, who were always engaged in mortal combat for us, and were always more concerned with picking us up, physically and psychologically, than any injury they'd sustained .... God bless those big, beautiful young men !
The centers were rookies and got hurt, I cant see them investing more at the position. Ryans said he liked Patterson's work at center.

Dont like Jones, he's a good run blocker but has slow feet and this leads to holding penalties in pass pro.

Back