Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I am encouraged by the DL rotation. But discouraged by the LB rotation. At least Cashman got worked in this past game but that was due to KPL’s injury. KGH/Kirksey should not be playing all the snaps and it has shown in the 4th quarter of the last two games.

The DL however is applying consistent pressure and they did not have anyone play above 60% snaps

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I am encouraged by the DL rotation. But discouraged by the LB rotation. At least Cashman got worked in this past game but that was due to KPL’s injury. KGH/Kirksey should not be playing all the snaps and it has shown in the 4th quarter of the last two games.

The DL however is applying consistent pressure and they did not have anyone play above 60% snaps

Man it would be nice if Cashman solves one LB spot and Harris comes back and solves another LB spot.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I understand it's none of our business, but it would be nice if one of these sports reporters would dig in, investigate, & tell us something real about this weird situation with Britt.

Instead, all we get is speculation.
With you on this, but I guess being personal reporters are giving him space. My theory, they looked at game film and said Q would start. He is pondering whether he wants to keep going as a backup. NO data, just my personal theory to try and understand why after one game he would ponder retirement. They keep saying this is personal football related, so not like his loved ones are sick or something

austins23

Hall of Fame
Can they compete enough to stay within 9 points this Sunday on the road vs an overrated Broncos team?
Way overrated. And that coach they have has so far not been good at all. He’s doing his best impersonation of OB “I’m smarter than everyone, they’ll never expect this” when he has two very good RBs. He got too cute. Only team they might beat in the AFCW is the Raiders, because of its coach as well.

Texans have covered both games. With any offensive playmakers, could very well be 2-0. I just want improvement every week. Bust some people in the mouth and steal a few wins

And the Colts?!? Hahaha! I hope they suck all year!
AFCS has 1 win through two weeks and it’s the Jags. Who’d a thought?!?

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
With you on this, but I guess being personal reporters are giving him space. My theory, they looked at game film and said Q would start. He is pondering whether he wants to keep going as a backup. NO data, just my personal theory to try and understand why after one game he would ponder retirement. They keep saying this is personal football related, so not like his loved ones are sick or something
He has been designated as NF-Injury list as well as NF-illness list. No indication that he has suffered an injury outside of football. No indication that he has been stricken by an illness outside of football(as was Metchie). So why is he designated either of these?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Way overrated. And that coach they have has so far not been good at all. He’s doing his best impersonation of OB “I’m smarter than everyone, they’ll never expect this” when he has two very good RBs. He got too cute. Only team they might beat in the AFCW is the Raiders, because of its coach as well.

Texans have covered both games. With any offensive playmakers, could very well be 2-0. I just want improvement every week. Bust some people in the mouth and steal a few wins

And the Colts?!? Hahaha! I hope they suck all year!
AFCS has 1 win through two weeks and it’s the Jags. Who’d a thought?!?
Man, I hope the Colts don’t suck too much and get in front of us to draft a QB. If we need to draft a QB.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Should come as no surprise, but the Texans lead the league in missed tackles (27). Team with the 2nd most has 21.
I looked at the guys getting the most snaps, and these were their missed tackle stats:

Pitre - 6
Nelson - 6
Kirksey - 3
King - 3
Hughes - 3
Owens - 2
Grugier Hill - 1
Pierre Louis - 1
Stingley - 0
Green - 0
Greenard - 0
Collins - 0
Lopez - 0

At first glance, it seems like the guys in the secondary aren't getting the job done. But the reality is that the power backs the Texans have seen are busting thru the LOS and these smaller DBs are bouncing off them. The D-line is supposed to fill the gaps and force the RBs to run horizontally. A much easier tackle for a LB or DB.

Under Caserio, the Texans have not drafted a D-lineman during the first 2 days of the draft. I beiieve he has come up with solid depth in Lopez, Booker, and UDFA Hinish. But the team still needs studs up front. Like a DJ Reader. I said on the last draft day that Nick would not be able to find everything this team needs in one draft. But at some point, he has to turn his attention to finding some studs up front on defense.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The lack of gap integrity on this team is shocking
That’s my complaint with these smaller LBs. They’re not able to fight OL & push them into those gaps.

If they were faster, that would help. They can get to the gap before the linemen get to them.

But even then they would have to diagnose the play correctly every time. Otherwise they are moving forward too late & the linemen already have the better angle.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
That’s my complaint with these smaller LBs. They’re not able to fight OL & push them into those gaps.

If they were faster, that would help. They can get to the gap before the linemen get to them.

But even then they would have to diagnose the play correctly every time. Otherwise they are moving forward too late & the linemen already have the better angle.
That's if they can even diagnose and attempt to fill the proper gap which they haven't so far

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Sure would love to have Cushing and his pregnancy stuff…dude was nuts. And Ryans…. Loved that guy. Awesome LBers
Yes. While they were big (compared to the guys we have now) they were also quick. They could dart around OL if need be. But they could punch & push those big guys around if they needed to.

Bernardrick, though he had the size & strength, he didn’t have that quickness & was subpar in coverage

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame

badboy

Hall of Fame
As it impacts Houston's 2023 prospects, the Steelers just went up 14 to 13 over the Browns with 2 minutes left in the first half.

Edit 29-14 Browns

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
This Texans team needs to create a complete blowout opportunity this week....in the worst way. Lovie and Pep must get this team jump started in the right direction. They've been competitive for 3 quarters in both games only to then to have them end in a tie and loss. Let them get a lead in this game, then Lovie and Pep let everyone know that the blowout is on if they want it.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
This Texans team needs to create a complete blowout opportunity this week....in the worst way. Lovie and Pep must get this team jump started in the right direction. They've been competitive for 3 quarters in both games only to them end in a tie and loss. Let them get a lead in this game, then Lovie and Pep let everyone know that the blowout is on if they want it.
Would be nice but unfortunately I think we’re going to see the same. I’ve lost a lot of hope and confidence for this coaching staff.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
As it impacts Houston's 2023 prospects, the Steelers just went up 14 to 13 over the Browns with 2 minutes left in the first half.

Edit 29-14 Browns
Jacoby Brisset’s only achievement in the NFL is as a thorn in the side of the Texans.
From that whitewash he gave us in his first start for the Pats, always seemed to run a Colts O that caused us problems and now giving the Browns some wins in a season they should be nailed on to give us a top 5 pick.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
More explosive’ Texans pass rusher Jon Greenard ‘playing faster’

HOUSTON – Texans defensive end Jon Greenard busted into the Denver Broncos’ backfield, a man not fooled by fakes as he reacted confidently by delivering a blow to the blockers assigned to him to wreck the play.

Greenard recorded his first sack of the season and the 10th of his career, bringing down Broncos star quarterback Russell Wilson last Sunday during a 16-0 road loss.

It was a combination of toughness and intelligence that paid dividends for the former third-round draft pick from Florida.
Greenard read the play perfectly.

“I just got a little inkling of the tackle looking down a little bit, wanting to play off that,” Greenard said. “They have a scheme where they love to block down that tackle a double the three-tech (defensive tackle Maliek Collins) and I just tried it. Honestly, it was one of those plays we needed a play. I knew that I wasn’t going to get initially blocked so I just took off and played ball after that.”

Greenard has a rare combination of explosiveness and instincts. A year after a breakthrough season during which he recorded a career-high eight sacks and having made a full recovery from offseason foot surgery, Greenard is an emerging dangerous pass rusher with a growing repertoire of pass rushing moves.

Greenard is down to 255 pounds following an offseason spent training hard and practicing a stricter diet.

“He looks a lot quicker this year, more explosive,” Texans defensive line coach Jacques Cesaire said. “He’s using his hands better. That sack that he had in the fourth quarter was great and it’s what we needed. He’s made some impact plays in the first game as well. He’s continuing his development. What I love about him is that he wants to learn. He wants to learn to get better. He’s taking care of his body. He’s playing at a pretty high level right now. We need guys like that to make some big plays for us.”
THE REST OF THE STORY