Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

I expect us to be in 3rd place this season and the Jags in 4th. I trust the Jags to do the right thing even less than the Texans. LOL

But still, there's no reason that we can't expect an improvement on a 4 win season with the players they have now. And the coaching staff.
I expect about halfway thru the season Texans fans will be clamoring to rehire Tim Kelly. The only reason I say this is because I don't understand how Tim Kelly could be so bad and Davis Mills could be so good. And with the Jags hiring a decent head coach along with a major upgrade in talent in the off-season, I can see the Texans splitting with the Jags.

I expect about halfway thru the season Texans fans will be clamoring to rehire Tim Kelly. The only reason I say this is because I don't understand how Tim Kelly could be so bad and Davis Mills could be so good. And with the Jags hiring a decent head coach along with a major upgrade in talent in the off-season, I can see the Texans splitting with the Jags.

Do you ever get tired of holding up the Jags as a team that does things right, yet perpetually ends up 4th in the division, and often worst in the league?

Texans building stockpile of defensive ends
Brooks Kubena, Staff writer
May 10, 2022Updated: May 10, 2022 8:13 p.m.
Both defensive ends also are acquainted with the scheme Smith is trying to develop in his second year as Houston’s defensive play-caller, having played for new Texans defensive line coach Jacques Cesaire, who spent the past two seasons as an assistant defensive line coach with the Bills.

I didn’t make that connection. I like these signings even more now.

I can see the Texans splitting with the Jags

I’ve been saying this four years running. But the jags manage to disappoint year after year.

I mean they hired one of the greatest college coaches of all time last year & after 3 weeks he said “fkit I got better things to do”

honestly can’t wait to see how they screw it up this year

According to Culley, he was impressed with what Tim Kelly did in the passing game. So, if he liked the passing game, wouldn't he have kept the same blocking scheme? Also, if not Culley, wouldn't it be the same people who decided to retain Tim Kelly?

Kelly was retained to appease Derrick, then Culley liked him so much that Culley wanted to keep Kelly on as OC after last season. This is what lead to Culley exiting Kirby.

yeah…….no

My takes from this vid…Stingley will never host a talk show, Pierce will host a talk show, I want to know what restaurants Green goes to because they must have large portions, Pitre will be a leader, Lovie really likes and has something up his sleeve for Harris, Booker almost made me cry, Metchie will be a red zone nightmare like Amendola was, Quitoriano is a big dude and if he quickly learns blocking is his path to the roster he and Green should make a huge difference this year, and Deculus looks like a walking stone block. He needs to be a guard and just stand in the way. But their combined maturity and desire was pretty impressive to me.

My takes from this vid…Stingley will never host a talk show, Pierce will host a talk show, I want to know what restaurants Green goes to because they must have large portions, Pitre will be a leader, Lovie really likes and has something up his sleeve for Harris, Booker almost made me cry, Metchie will be a red zone nightmare like Amendola was, Quitoriano is a big dude and if he quickly learns blocking is his path to the roster he and Green should make a huge difference this year, and Deculus looks like a walking stone block. He needs to be a guard and just stand in the way. But their combined maturity and desire was pretty impressive to me.
Excellent take Dejaview.

From THE ATHLETIC (THEIR PREDICTION OF THE BROWNS' SCHEDULE):

at Houston
The bet from here is that the NFL won’t want any extra eyeballs on Watson’s return to Houston. In fact, it wouldn’t be a surprise if this game is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET early in the season and during a potential Watson suspension window.

Are they not proud of their star QB? Do they not want to showcase him in prime time?

From THE ATHLETIC (THEIR PREDICTION OF THE BROWNS' SCHEDULE):

at Houston
The bet from here is that the NFL won’t want any extra eyeballs on Watson’s return to Houston. In fact, it wouldn’t be a surprise if this game is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET early in the season and during a potential Watson suspension window.

Are they not proud of their star QB? Do they not want to showcase him in prime time?
It means nothing, but of all the "schedule leaks" I've seen the last couple of days has the Browns coming in somewhere around week 13 or so.

Also supposedly opening with the Colts here, closing with the Colts there. TNF with the Eagles in week 9.

This is what's available until the final release tonight..............by SPORTING NEWS

Houston Texans schedule 2022
The Texans' schedule will be unveiled as part of the NFL's schedule release on Thursday, May 12.

• Home: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Commanders, Jaguars, Colts, Titans
  • Away: Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, Jaguars, Colts, Titans

WeekDateOpponentKickoff timeTV
1Sept. 11vs. Colts1 p.m. ETCBS
2Sept. 18at Broncos4:25 p.m. ETCBS
Five of the Texans' opponents in the 2022 NFL season reached the playoffs in 2021: the Titans, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Raiders. They'll play the Titans home and home, face the Chiefs and Eagles in Houston, and take on the Cowboys and Raiders on the road.

This is what's available until the final release tonight..............by SPORTING NEWS

Houston Texans schedule 2022
The Texans' schedule will be unveiled as part of the NFL's schedule release on Thursday, May 12.

• Home: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Commanders, Jaguars, Colts, Titans
  • Away: Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, Jaguars, Colts, Titans

WeekDateOpponentKickoff timeTV
1Sept. 11vs. Colts1 p.m. ETCBS
2Sept. 18at Broncos4:25 p.m. ETCBS
Five of the Texans' opponents in the 2022 NFL season reached the playoffs in 2021: the Titans, Chiefs, Eagles, Cowboys and Raiders. They'll play the Titans home and home, face the Chiefs and Eagles in Houston, and take on the Cowboys and Raiders on the road.
But all other of my sources, as I've posted previously, say we open at home with the Chiefs.We'll be finding out in a couple of hours when the official schedules are released by the NFL.

Final release:

2022 Houston Texans schedule
WeekDateOpponentTime (ET)TV Channel
1Sep. 11Indianapolis Colts1:00 PMCBS
2Sep. 18at Denver Broncos4:25 PMCBS
3Sep. 25at Chicago Bears1:00 PMCBS
4Oct. 2Los Angeles Chargers1:00 PMCBS
5Oct. 9at Jacksonville Jaguars1:00 PMCBS
6BYE
7Oct. 23at Las Vegas Raiders4:05 PMCBS
8Oct. 30Tennessee Titans4:05 PMCBS
9Nov. 3Philadelphia Eagles (TNF)8:15 PMPrime Video
10Nov. 13at New York Giants1:00 PMCBS
11Nov. 20Washington Commanders1:00 PMFOX
12Nov. 27at Miami Dolphins1:00 PMCBS
13Dec. 4Cleveland Browns1:00 PMCBS
14Dec. 11at Dallas Cowboys1:00 PMFOX
15Dec. 18Kansas City Chiefs1:00 PMCBS
16Dec. 24at Tennessee Titans (Sat)1:00 PMCBS
17Jan. 1Jacksonville Jaguars1:00 PMCBS
18Jan. 7/8at Indianapolis ColtsTBDTBD

It could be worse.

The Chiefs’ 2022 schedule is unprecedented in NFL history. Kansas City opens with eight straight opponents who had a winning record last season. That makes the Chiefs the 1st team ever to start the season with 8 consecutive games against teams that had a winning record, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

The sources were not my personal inside sources. They were the sources out in the media such as Sporting New, Texanswire, etc. They obviously were not putting out accurate information.
Interesting. So public speculation from any media outlet is now labeled as "my sources"? What happened to simply posting the Sporting News, TexansWire, etc are claiming, blah, blah, blah?

Interesting. So public speculation from any media outlet is now labeled as "my sources"? What happened to simply posting the Sporting News, TexansWire, etc are claiming, blah, blah, blah?
"My sources" was simply a reference to where the information came from.............naming them was certainly not a critical point/prediction since we all knew the final accurate information was coming down within 24 hours. Anyone in the least bit interested and following the story in the media would have known right off the bat who the "sources" I was referring might be. But I was sure that someone as learned about these things as you would have already known that.........making the obviously critical blah blah blah post an unnecessary swipe.

Back