Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

I'm telling you it was a set up.
The Patriots "decided" to leave him open; one of the many plays in which they did that.
Either that or the Pats we're a faked no. 5 defense.
They looked much closer to the Texans of last year than the Pats D of the previous 4 games.
That was Auclair's first TD in the NFL. The Pats probably didn't even give him a second thought....until he caught the TD.

I'm telling you it was a set up.
The Patriots "decided" to leave him open; one of the many plays in which they did that.
Either that or the Pats we're a faked no. 5 defense.
They looked much closer to the Texans of last year than the Pats D of the previous 4 games.

A setup for what?

I'm just glad Mills was able to come off of his 1st read and find AA quickly. That's progress.

A setup for what?

I'm just glad Mills was able to come off of his 1st read and find AA quickly. That's progress.
Simple read.
Texans sent 85 in motion to find out whether the Pats were in man, match-man, or zone.

When Mills saw the end man 33 stayed wide to pick up 85, he knew the Pats weren't in pure man.

All he needed to do was to come off that read and moved his eyes to the next.

23, the guy who was originally on 85 had no business looking at the RB.

His job was to switch to the no. 3 reveiver from outside in, which was Auclair, the threat nearest to him.

The game was rigged to get the points to cover the Over.

Simple read.
Texans sent 85 in motion to find out whether the Pats were in man, match-man, or zone.

When Mills saw the end man 33 stayed wide to pick up 85, he knew the Pats weren't in pure man.

All he needed to do was to come off that read and moved his eyes to the next.

23, the guy who was originally on 85 had no business looking at the RB.

His job was to switch to the no. 3 reveiver from outside in, which was Auclair, the threat nearest to him.

The game was rigged to get the points to cover the Over.

You make this seem so simple and I find it very funny that the rookies other than Mac Jones are strggling to make these reads.

The NFL is rigged, but I seriously doubt a Belichick coached team would intentionally leave a guy open.

You make this seem so simple and I find it very funny that the rookies other than Mac Jones are strggling to make these reads.

The NFL is rigged, but I seriously doubt a Belichick coached team would intentionally leave a guy open.
And I seriously doubt that a Belichik's no. 5 defense would leave that many guys open and missed that many tackles in a game.

And I seriously doubt that a Belichik's no. 5 defense would leave that many guys open and missed that many tackles in a game.

Players miss assignments and miss tackles.

Doesn't mean the game is rigged. What are you trying to say? Belichick made the game closer than it had to be so the game would hit the over? If so that's pure lunacy.

Honestly, after the last few games, how many points you think the general population see the Texans as capable of scoring against the Pats?

Then you have the Pats with all the offensive linemen out, the same question applies to the Pats vs the Texans D?

Players miss assignments and miss tackles.

Doesn't mean the game is rigged. What are you trying to say? Belichick made the game closer than it had to be so the game would hit the over? If so that's pure lunacy.
So a no. 5 defense would leave guys open all day, miss a bunch of tackle, make mistake after mistake, allowing a bad offensive team to convert one first down after another.

That's normal to you?

So a no. 5 defense would leave guys open all day, miss a bunch of tackle, make mistake after mistake, allowing a bad offensive team to convert one first down after another.

That's normal to you?
They're thinking about last week, looking forward to next week.

Reactions: JB
BS. You knew, or you certainly should have known because Doc informed us, that the Pats had injury issues in their secondary. So why would you, or anyone, think, going into the game, that this defense would play to the level of "a top 5 defense".
No, I wasn't paying attention.
Who were injured?

BS. You knew, or you certainly should have known because Doc informed us, that the Pats had injury issues in their secondary. So why would you, or anyone, think, going into the game, that this defense would play to the level of "a top 5 defense".
I saw Jackson, Phillips, Dugger, McCourty.

Dugger was the one that missed the assignment on Auclair.

Jackson was the one that 'tried' to go for the deflection/INT rather than just shoving the receiver out of bound (which would result in an incompletion).
McCourty was the one that took the terrible angle allowing the receiver to run for the other TD

Last edited:
You people freaking amaze me at the lengths y'all will go to in the journey to be right.

If Ingram hadn't blown his nose on a 3rd qtr carry then he would've scored a TD, if he didn't trip over the 10 yd line or spike the ball just before the endzone.
What does it have anything to do with the set up?
It doesn't matter when they score as long as they all score a heck of a whole lot they should (both teams).

There are times I felt like games were on the fix but then I took into consideration the major discrepancies in salaries. Young RD1 pick plays his 5 seasons, primarily on his rookie contract and then, due to injury, never gets to play the game again, and didn’t save wisely…..couldn’t find a publisher to take his inside story on how the “NFL Fix” works and make millions of dollars….those players are a dime a dozen. So, if the fix was really being utilized that story would’ve been out a long time ago.

Last edited:
There are times I felt like games were on the fix but then I realized the major discrepancies in salaries. Young RD1 pick plays his 5 seasons, primarily on his rookie contract and then, due to injury, never gets to play the game again, and didn’t save wisely…..couldn’t find a publisher to take his inside story on how the “NFL Fix” works and make millions of dollars….those players are a dime a dozen. So, if the fix was really being utilized that story would’ve been out a long time ago.

There are times I felt like games were on the fix but then I realized the major discrepancies in salaries. Young RD1 pick plays his 5 seasons, primarily on his rookie contract and then, due to injury, never gets to play the game again, and didn’t save wisely…..couldn’t find a publisher to take his inside story on how the “NFL Fix” works and make millions of dollars….those players are a dime a dozen. So, if the fix was really being utilized that story would’ve been out a long time ago.

At some point teams like the Oilers and Texans would’ve said, where’s the lovin….this just can’t always go the Cowboys, 49’ers, Patriots, and Steelers way. Where’s spread the wealth?

At some point teams like the Oilers and Texans would’ve said, where’s the lovin….this just can’t always go the Cowboys, 49’ers, Patriots, and Steelers way. Where’s spread the wealth?
They all got plenty of money.

More player's voice on the matter.

I told y’all they was not good and you also have to factor in their opponents. Miami, Jets, New Orleans, Tampa Bay ( the only big time scoring team, held them to 19) and Houston.
The Saints has a good offense.
The only game they had problem scoring was when they were missing a bunch of coaches against a good Panthers D.

There are times I felt like games were on the fix but then I took into consideration the major discrepancies in salaries. Young RD1 pick plays his 5 seasons, primarily on his rookie contract and then, due to injury, never gets to play the game again, and didn’t save wisely…..couldn’t find a publisher to take his inside story on how the “NFL Fix” works and make millions of dollars….those players are a dime a dozen. So, if the fix was really being utilized that story would’ve been out a long time ago.
There's all different kind of fixes.
The one involves the Over/Under doesn't affect the outcome of the game and can be easily Incorporated.
You would see several instances where the score is all wacky (like the Texans game with the 2 missed PATs.)
Yet, somehow, someway, at one point in the fourth quarter, you'd find the two teams with a tied score.
Then the two teams are allowed to go at it fairly and squarely.

There were a few other instances like the Ravens/Colts, Packers/Bengals, Chargers/Browns games.

The NFL uses the refs to fix the games and just like in the NBA they know which officials crew to send to a game they want fixed without saying a word. Scott Foster syndrome.

Exhibit 1: Saints/Rams in the playoffs a few years ago. Rams go to a SB, they were opening their new stadium and this helped develop their fanbase. It was good for the league.

Last edited:
No, I wasn't paying attention.
Who were injured?
On Sat Doc reported that CB Mills was not playing. CB Wade was ruled out. CB Jones had ankle issues. Safety Dugger had hamstring issues. Safety Davis had knee issues. Also listed Jackson as not being on injury list but had knee issues the previous week. And Pats "best CB Gilmore was traded to Carolina".

Now, of course, the question would be/actually was: how much would these affect their play on Sunday. You said you did not see a top five defense so it is reasonable to surmise that these injuries could have had an impact.

The Saints has a good offense.
The only game they had problem scoring was when they were missing a bunch of coaches against a good Panthers D.

That’s the only legit offense in which the Panthers shut completely down. But you also have to factor in the defense they’ve played. The Football Team, Giants, and Green Bay.

Since they were missing 4 starting ol, they shouldn't have been good.
They were not good period. The Texans coaching staff are completely dumb. First they decided to scratch one of their defensive linemen because they wanted to give other players a chance to play. Secondly Lovie didn’t even try to blitz the rookie quarterback. Finally that bend but don’t break crap sucks. Then the offense caused the defense to be out on the field a bunch in the second half. These jokers couldn’t stop the run from that point going forward.
The Patriots defense was getting torched in the first half. We let them off the got darn hook with some of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen on that level. You’re up 22-9, so play the field position and punt the darn ball.

The Patriots should be 1-4 right now. Yeah they’re bad.

Last edited:
They were not good period. The Texans coaching staff are completely dumb. First they decided to scratch one of their defensive linemen because they wanted to give other players a chance to play. Secondly Lovie didn’t even try to blitz the rookie quarterback. Finally that bend but don’t break crap sucks. Then the offense caused the defense to be out on the field a bunch in the second half. These jokers couldn’t stop the run from that
The Patriots defense was getting torched in the first half. We let them off the got darn hook with some of the dumb is plays I’ve ever seen in that level. You’re up 22-9, so play the field position and punt the darn ball.

Did Omenihu do something to get benched? He hasn't really been getting the job done. Maybe the others showed more in practice, and showed they deserved to get playing time. I doubt very seriously they would inactivate a starter without a reason. I just find that highly unlikely.

On Sat Doc reported that CB Mills was not playing. CB Wade was ruled out. CB Jones had ankle issues. Safety Dugger had hamstring issues. Safety Davis had knee issues. Also listed Jackson as not being on injury list but had knee issues the previous week. And Pats "best CB Gilmore was traded to Carolina".

Now, of course, the question would be/actually was: how much would these affect their play on Sunday. You said you did not see a top five defense so it is reasonable to surmise that these injuries could have had an impact.
On the plays that I mentioned, it had nothing to do with their limited ability (if any).
It was missed assignment by K.
Trying to to for an INT/deflection by the guy that had no injury issue.
And of course, McCourty had no injury issue.

That’s the only legit offense in which the Panthers shut completely down. But you also have to factor in the defense they’ve played. The Football Team, Giants, and Green Bay.
These defenses may not be great, but they were good for at least a year already.
The WFT for example, were first in their division last year on the strength of their D.

They were not good period. The Texans coaching staff are completely dumb. First they decided to scratch one of their defensive linemen because they wanted to give other players a chance to play. Secondly Lovie didn’t even try to blitz the rookie quarterback. Finally that bend but don’t break crap sucks. Then the offense caused the defense to be out on the field a bunch in the second half. These jokers couldn’t stop the run from that
The Patriots defense was getting torched in the first half. We let them off the got darn hook with some of the dumb is plays I’ve ever seen in that level. You’re up 22-9, so play the field position and punt the darn ball.

You wont get an argument from me on Culley having a bad game. He's a rookie HC and these things happen to rookie HC's. Lovie's bend but dont break defense is just a different version of RAC's bend but dont break defense. Both suck, but to be fair, look at the secondary Lovie's working with and the lack of pass rush. Gotta improve the talent on that side of the ball.

Also, on the flea flicker, the faked run was up the gut.
The RCB had no business looking to set the edge.
He's got to stay home with his man.
It wasn't ability; it's mental.

And for a team like the Pats to have that many mental break downs in one game is quite rare.
And that, even after knowing that the Texans will go to the air is even more rare.

First they decided to scratch one of their defensive linemen because they wanted to give other players a chance to play.
I was just complaining that Omenihu wasn’t getting it done & I didn’t believe he was going to. I don’t have a problem with Omenihu being a healthy scratch.

But maybe this was a culture thing. Maybe this was disciplinary. Maybe this was an attitude adjustment. I’m good with any of those.

Can’t complain about the Texans not holding anyone accountable & then complain when they do. Would be nice to know what the issue was so we can debate if it was appropriate or heavy handed, or we can juxtapose it to mittens returning punts.

But they are under no obligation to seek our approval

And for a team like the Pats to have that many mental break downs in one
Was that the guy they called up from the practice squad for the game, or the other backup they hoped not to have to depend on for most games?

Was that the guy they called up from the practice squad for the game, or the other backup they hoped not to have to depend on for most games?
No, not the PS.
But yeah, he's been a backup for the third year now; a former 2nd rounder.
Thanks to Nick.

Last edited:
Also, on the flea flicker, the faked run was up the gut.

And for a team like the Pats to have that many mental break downs in one game is quite rare.
And that, even after knowing that the Texans will go to the air is even more rare.

Your point is?

All teams have mental breakdowns. It's up to the QB to realize what is going on and take advantage of those. That's exactly what Mills did and you post this? SMH

Furthermore, if Derrick had had the same game, you would be singing his praises and rightfully so.

Back