Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I, too, think there is a distinct possibility that there is insufficient evidence for charges. Particularly if each case must stand alone. I have the Cosby reversal in mind.
You might want to read the judge's ruling on Cosby's reversal.............it was based on a technicality...........on the basis of a inexcusable mistake by the replacement DA............a mistake that should have never been made by a 1st year law student. And that the statutes of limitations had already run on all of the other victims. The reversal in no way cleared Cosby of what he was accused of.

Last edited:

mws

Rookie
Not to defend him, but to be fair he was 27-21 (.562) before Watson got here.

He did have a better overall team then before he started tearing that down to the nothing that it ended up being.
That's true. I guess I misspoke. I meant when Watson played O'Brien's record was 24-17 .585 and his record with other QBs was 28-31 .475

I'm sorry but I refuse to cut O'Brien slack for Tom Savage's poor play in 2017. By then Savage had been on the team since 2014. Out of all the Texans' QBs under O'Brien Savage is the only one he developed.

So as far a I'm concerned the 2017 fiasco rests squarely on Billy O's shoulders.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
9 cases are criminal but you don’t see him going down for this. Burress shot himself in the foot at a club. Down he went. Mike Vick went down for some dogs. But a man can sexually assault and force himself on these women and you don’t think he’s going down for this. Just shows how F’d up our judicial system is as well as the mentality of a lot of people. What if that was you daughter or sister? How would you feel?
Vick shouldn't have ever went to jail. It goes to show America cares more about dogs than people of color who are murdered by police. Thats another conversation

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
And that is why we want him!

Detroit Lions
Philadelphia Eagles
Miami Dolphins
Washington Football team
Carolina Panthers
Las Vegas Raiders
New York Giants

And maybe just maybe
New York Jets. Yeah I know..
The Giants are the sleeper. If Jones plays as bad as he did last year, they have talent. Organizational, they're a top franchise

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The NFL is continuing its 10-year, $250 million pledge to fight racism by playing the song before certain "tentpole games," including the NFL playoffs, NFL draft and Sept. 9 NFL kickoff game.

Additionally, the league will promote social justice through signage, player helmet decals and PSAs, Front Office Sports reports.

"They’re bringing back a lot of elements from last year," a source told the outlet.
LINK

badboy

Hall of Fame
The Giants are the sleeper. If Jones plays as bad as he did last year, they have talent. Organizational, they're a top franchise
Yes But their round one and the one from Bears will have to be higher in Draft than most project and come with many more picks as I don't want any of their vets.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I’m not getting rid of one of the few good players on this team. People are already complaining about not having any talent. No freaking way
I'd sure consider trading Tunsil ..... Think about it , does he and his contract fit the timeline of them being a contender ?

I'd have to say most likely not , he's under cotract for this year and next & this team is at least a couple drafts away With a stud QB ..... Now they need that too.

I'd cash in Tunsil for as many lottery tickets (draft picks) as I could get before he wants another mega contract or worse yet leaves for greener pastures ...

I'd sure consider trading Tunsil ..... Think about it , does he and his contract fit the timeline of them being a contender ?

I'd have to say most likely not , he's under cotract for this year and next & this team is at least a couple drafts away With a stud QB ..... Now they need that too.

I'd cash in Tunsil for as many lottery tickets (draft picks) as I could get before he wants another mega contract or worse yet leaves for greener pastures ...
This is the point I think most have that advocate a Tunsil trade. Tunsil has talent but his contract just doesn't fit for a team that is rebuilding at the level of what this team will be going through. If this current staff has the coaching ability as some think, let them use the picks gained from a trade to increase the talent pool and develop them. If the team was a contender then I could understand keeping him but it doesn't look to be that way. His next contract will be even larger and if he leaves via free agency, no comp pick will be equal to what he is worth today.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Caserio is gambling on a couple of guys who haven't played since experiencing major injury.

Those guys can no doubt play if they are in fact healthy. So yes, if they are we should have one of the better OLs in the league.

banned1976

sleeper mode

Well, he's all they have left, really. He's the last known playmaker on this offense. I mean, he's the only guy left that we've actually seen consistently making big plays in a Texans uniform.

Here's the full video Locker was talking about. I made it about 90 seconds before I turned it off. My enthusiasm level for this team is at a zero.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Well, he's all they have left, really. He's the last known playmaker on this offense. I mean, he's the only guy left that we've actually seen consistently making big plays in a Texans uniform.

Here's the full video Locker was talking about. I made it about 90 seconds before I turned it off. My enthusiasm level for this team is at a zero.

Let’s go Texans!!!

I stopped the video in the midst of the JJ Watt stuff. I don't understand why try to build hype about the 2021 season with a player is no longer on the team and especially since he is playing on another team. Wasn't Watt released in February then signed with the Cardinals in March? So the Texans release this video 4 months later in July? :um:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I stopped the video in the midst of the JJ Watt stuff. I don't understand why try to build hype about the 2021 season with a player is no longer on the team and especially since he is playing on another team. Wasn't Watt released in February then signed with the Cardinals in March? So the Texans release this video 4 months later in July? :um:
That’s what happens when there’s no one else to promote.

Texans 2021 - Come on out because we used to have Andre Johnson and JJ Watt.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

Alert: the Laundry guy and the Lopez guy from 610 are two of the dumbest:smiliepalm:humans on this planet. The above video is not a Texans product, it's a league product through NFL Films. (And surprisingly poorly conceived, NFLF used to do good work.)

Last edited:

banned1976

sleeper mode

Alert: the Laundry guy and the Lopez guy from 610 are two of the dumbest:smiliepalm:humans on this planet. The above video is not a Texans product, it's a league product through NFL Films. (And surprisingly poorly conceived, NFLF used to to good work.)
Agreed. Like the NFL, the people that cover it have, IMHO, been on the decline for awhile now. It's become a mutable product in my household...when it's even on, which isn't much anymore. Over the last two years the only team I've watched has been the Texans. And a lot of those times...

Last edited:

Boris

All Pro
Ex-Texans assistant Gregg Knapp has been been hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. This afternoon in California, while riding a bicycle, he was hit by a motorist who veered into the bicycle path.

Prayers to him and his family.

You might want to read the judge's ruling on Cosby's reversal.............it was based on a technicality...........on the basis of a inexcusable mistake by the replacement DA............a mistake that should have never been made by a 1st year law student. And that the statutes of limitations had already run on all of the other victims. The reversal in no way cleared Cosby of what he was accused of.
Outside of kinky desires that may not be taken care of, I see no reason why Bill Cosby would ever need to dope up his so called victims for casual sex. A man of his fame and fortune does not need to resort to using drugs to get his way.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Outside of kinky desires that may not be taken care of, I see no reason why Bill Cosby would ever need to dope up his so called victims for casual sex. A man of his fame and fortune does not need to resort to using drugs to get his way.
Without researching old news, I would question whether Cosby was "resorting to using drugs to get his way."

The drug in question was Qualudes and a widely used and popular recreational high. Let's just say, everyone who moved and partied within the entertainment field was exposed to the use of drugs and alcohol.

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Without researching old news, I would question whether Cosby was "resorting to using drugs to get his way."

The drug in question was Valium and a widely used and popular recreational high. Let's just say, everyone who moved and partied within the entertainment field was exposed to the use of drugs and alcohol.
The so-called "valium high" is mischaracterized, as it simply creates sedation, much like benadryl. These drugs were and are still commonly used to "subdue" sexually. But Cosby routinely used qualudes which were later banned for medical use as a sleep aid as they were found to be deadly in too many cases. Qualudes, also known to us treating doctors as "disco biscuits," were essentially the past version of today's "roofies."

Number19

Hall of Fame
The so-called "valium high" is mischaracterized, as it simply creates sedation, much like benadryl. These drugs were and are still commonly used to "subdue" sexually. But Cosby routinely used qualudes which were later banned for medical use as a sleep aid as they were found to be deadly in too many cases. Qualudes, also known to us treating doctors as "disco biscuits," were essentially the past version of today's "roofies."
You are correct. Major bust on my part; don't know where my mind was. I know better. Thanks for the correction. I'm going to edit my post.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Disco biscuits new to me.
Others back in the day: black beauties or white crosses, dolls and Christmas trees. Remember Seconal?

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Then follow them. Take your own advice. Your rules specifically dont allow religious thought as well as political. This board is dripping with sarcastic Easterby and his religion comments. Are you guilty?
If you see a post that deserves attention report it. Some slip through the cracks, that's what the report function is for.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you see a post that deserves attention report it. Some slip through the cracks, that's what the report function is for.
Yeah, like a anything would happen

A long time ago I reported something a mod said and talked to a mod on the phone. Nothing happened

Sure, reporting things when a mod is involved is like pissing in the wind. But keep on telling yourself it's not true.