Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Tom Brady mysteriosly popped up on yesterday's Injury Report........with a status of QUESTIONABLE. However, reports are that he is expected to play. Although not officially reported, I have found out that he is actually dealing with "elbow tendonitis"..............a problem that he has quietly been dealing with off and on for a very long time...........since 2006 This recurrent problem would have not probably come to light if his personal trainer was not believed to have cure his problem. An adequate period of rest from throwing is necessary to improve the condition. Depending on the chronicity and extent of the condition, rest is usually measured in terms of weeks not days. Brady and his trainer had the benefit of the less "strenuous" non game-driven offseason/OTA period to address his issue. He does not have that luxury now, and his age is not working for him.

You should find this article interesting.:

Men's Health feature on Tom Brady details severe elbow tendinitis that limited Brady in '06

Devon ClementsAug 6, 2019

On Tuesday, Men's Health released a series of articles that featured New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who spoke about fitness, diet, family and football.

One article written by Ben court went into detail about Brady's personal trainer, Alex Guerrero and how Brady first got turned onto Guerrero and his use of traditional Chinese medicine. Brady's explanation not only answered the question but also highlighted an injury back in 2006 that we were not all aware of.

Brady then mentioned how a decade of various pain seemed to have vanished once Guerrero began to work on him.

This is telling. Aside from his torn ACL in 2008 and a knee injury in 2018, there hasn't been very many known severe injuries for the 42-year-old QB over the course of his career. Elbow tendinitis is a troubling ailment for someone who is throwing a football 30-40 times a game, let alone any practices throughout the week.
THE REST OF THE STORY
Beat the Patriots. Run it down their throats. Make them go on the road in the playoffs

PFF Grading ALL 32 first-round picks through Week 12 https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grading-all-32-first-round-picks-after-week-12-of-the-2019-nfl-season …
EKWF9WrWsAExgTb.png

Yeah.... Josh Jacobs is the truth. Should be a shoe in for OROY. No way Tytus should be close in any objective grading when he hasn't missed a game & he balled in everyone of them.

& Dillard? Guy may be the truth, may be the best LT in the game one day. But not today. Howard has not struggled the way Dillard has in limited snaps.

Last edited:
O'Brien opens up the playbook and calls a fantastic game.
Defense comes to play.

Texans 20
Patriots 17
My son also has the Texans by 3. I on the other hand am undecided but think Texans should win. Please,please, please!!!

Reactions: ROO
I’m no fan of Jerrah being GM at all, he’s still better than our crop.

You can’t draw a comparison because their is no definitive way to gauge success. Unless it’s playoff wins. There I think the Texans have them beat. Division wins? Don’t know but would be surprised if it went either way.

It’s basically a kick in the balls or a punch in the face.

Either way you are wrong because the Cowboys suck.

My gut feeling is saying we will win. The Patriots just doesn't look the same. Dallas is just terrible.

No , they aren't the same old Patriots …. but the result is the same.

I'm not worried about Brady and the offense …. they haven't been real good. Yeah , I expect Brady to produce Brady results when the game hangs in the balance.

Its that defense …. they have played 11 games and given up 9 offensive TD's while scoring 4 of their own. Crazier still , 4 of those 9 TD's came in one game so in the other 10 games they have given up half a TD per game to opposing offenses. Disregard those 37 points scored by the Ravens and the Pats give up an average of 8 points per game - count that 37 by the Ravens and its 10.6 points per game.

This defense is on a historic pace in terms of points allowed in the last 25 years only one team has averaged fewer than 11 points allowed - the 2000 Ravens.

Getting behind them by more than a FG is …. catastrophic.

You can’t draw a comparison because their is no definitive way to gauge success. Unless it’s playoff wins. There I think the Texans have them beat. Division wins? Don’t know but would be surprised if it went either way.

You of all people should be on my side man.

Charlie Casserly?

Rick Smith?

Brian Gaine?

I hope this isn’t an argument for O’Brien’s skill at GM.

Jones as bad as he is and he’s bad, is still better than any GM we’ve had.

That’s the sad part.

Hard to gauge is right.

The Cowboys are more talented by overall positions in my opinion.

Jason Garrett is the weak link to me.

And I’m not defending jerrah, I’m pissing on our GM fortune.

Hard to gauge is right.

You dont like the moves that have been made the last 2 yrs. If you dont, I get it, some people dont like change.

Hard to gauge is right.

When I moved to Texas years ago one of the many colorful expressions I learned was the following: "All hat and no cattle".
Well that is very much what the Cowboys have become this century for which they are a non contender, just a big blowhard
of an organization and a mere shell of it's former shelf from the 20th century.

When I moved to Texas years ago one of the many colorful expressions I learned was the following: "All hat and no cattle".
Well that is very much what the Cowboys have become this century for which they are a non contender, just a big blowhard
of an organization and a mere shell of it's former shelf from the 20th century.

And the Texans are any different?

When I can I will.

Looking forward to your thoughts on where the team is personnel wise and what could be improved upon personnel wise. You're not the typical everything BOB does is wrong fan although I know you dont care for him. Lets just keep this to personnel moves.

Hard to gauge is right.

Jerrah Jones has his own OB / Watson conundrum up there in South Oklahoma.
But I think its both of those than either one of them where here in Houston its more one than the other.

Does Jerrah back the Brinks truck up for Dak …. or do they move on from fair to middling ?

No , they aren't the same old Patriots …. but the result is the same.

I'm not worried about Brady and the offense …. they haven't been real good. Yeah , I expect Brady to produce Brady results when the game hangs in the balance.

Its that defense …. they have played 11 games and given up 9 offensive TD's while scoring 4 of their own. Crazier still , 4 of those 9 TD's came in one game so in the other 10 games they have given up half a TD per game to opposing offenses. Disregard those 37 points scored by the Ravens and the Pats give up an average of 8 points per game - count that 37 by the Ravens and its 10.6 points per game.

This defense is on a historic pace in terms of points allowed in the last 25 years only one team has averaged fewer than 11 points allowed - the 2000 Ravens.

Getting behind them by more than a FG is …. catastrophic.

On the flip side of that, they've played 8 games against teams that are 20th in scoring and worse, and half of those are against 3 of the 5 lowest scoring teams in the league.

They've only played 3 games against teams currently with a winning record. Struggled with one (Bills) but still won, got blown up by the Ravens, and crushed the Steelers.

I'm not about to say their D isn't good, or hasn't really been challenged (other than B-more, and I guess Dallas), because Gilmore is the real deal, but they really haven't played anybody.

How's that for trying to convince myself the Texans have a chance?

You of all people should be on my side man.

Charlie Casserly?

Rick Smith?

Brian Gaine?

I hope this isn’t an argument for O’Brien’s skill at GM.

Jones as bad as he is and he’s bad, is still better than any GM we’ve had.

That’s the sad part.

Hard to gauge is right.

1. It’s really not worth arguing with me because I am overly biased and will let emotions get in the way of facts.

2. I think they are approaching a salary cap issue by paying a average QB, an overrated RB, and still have to pay at other skill positions. Depth is going to be an issue for them.

3. Give me our young group that still needs to gel. I can say confidently that even with out knowing Dallas’ players I would take our team over their. Our pass rush is non existent since Watt went down. I think out side of LB and RB that we have a more talented up and coming group of corners, safeties, o-line, QB, and wide receivers. Better money spent for the talent too.

A story I doubt any of us heard about before this.

*****************************************************************************************

After potential brush with death, Jacob Martin enjoying time with Texans

The midnight premiere of the latest Batman film intrigued Jacob Martin, who was heading into his senior year of high school seven years ago.

The Katy native and future Texans outside linebacker called the Century Aurora 16 Multiplex Theater in Aurora, Colorado, to arrange for tickets for himself and his friends.

Fortunately for Martin, in a life-and-death twist of fate, the theater only could accommodate four tickets instead of the seven they needed to watch “The Dark Knight Rises” together.

“We didn’t have enough tickets,” Martin said Wednesday inside the Texans’ locker room, recounting the life-altering episode one day before celebrating Thanksgiving with his family in Katy. “That’s the only reason we didn’t go.”

While Martin and his friends hung out at a golf course near his parents’ home, one of the darkest tragedies of the past decade in this nation unfolded on July 20, 2012. Mayhem ensued as James Holmes fired a barrage of bullets, murdering 12 people and wounding 70 others in the packed theater. In the wake of the mass shooting, Holmes was convicted for his heinous crimes and sentenced to 12 consecutive life sentences in prison along with an additional 3,318 years.

While the shooting was happening, panic began to sink in for Martin’s parents. They couldn’t reach their son because his cellphone was out of power and he had previously informed them of his plans to attend the movie.

Martin’s parents frantically tried in vain to reach their son as their worst fears increased in intensity. They didn’t know what had happened to him, a cruel suspense that ended in relief and happiness when Martin walked into his home unaware of what had transpired at the theater and of all the worrying prompted by being unreachable during the shooting spree.

“It was a typical mom-and-dad response: ‘Where are you? Where were you?’” Martin said. “More than anything, they were just thankful everything was OK. I had no idea what was going on. I just walked in the house and they had been looking for me.”

If Martin had been inside that theater at the time of Holmes’ rampage, odds are high that he would have died or been injured by a suicidal man with severe mental health issues.

“My life would be different completely,” Martin said. “I was very lucky.”

Going to the movies isn’t something that Martin enjoys doing much anymore. He was impacted by his potential brush with death.

Life is sweet, though, for Martin. He’s playing for his hometown

Back