Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

This isn't on Caserio.

This is about ownership rightfully not trusting the trash that represents Stroud. In fact Stroud choosing David from the I don't want to be banned, shows he that he can't be trusted to make good decisions on the types of people that represent him. The only way Cal deals with David from the banning word is if there's an Elway or Manning. Otherwise stay far away from that trash, their word means nothing.

delete, never mind.

Nick is on record stating he will do business with Strouds agent in the future.
We will see if he's allowed to do this.

It could be posturing. However Janice and Cal are truly fools if they can't learn from history and a big reason the franchise is where its at today is because of their dealings with an unethical piece of trash like David from the will get you banned word.

If true, the McNair's are going to get exactly what they deserve and I'm fine with just letting the team move.

This comes from an original, minus the 1st yr season ticket holder.

This isn't on Caserio.

This is about ownership rightfully not trusting the trash that represents Stroud. In fact Stroud choosing David from the I don't want to be banned, shows he that he can't be trusted to make good decisions on the types of people that represent him. The only way Cal deals with David from the banning word is if there's an Elway or Manning. Otherwise stay far away from that trash, their word means nothing.
We've gone from players not being Texans worthy to players represented by certain agents not being Texans worthy? On a team that needs as much talent as possible, with the number of players being represented by Mulughetta and his firm growing, you are willing to intentionally reduce the pool of players available? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Last edited:
We've gone from players not being Texans worthy to players represented by certain agents not being Texans worthy? On a team that needs as much talent as possible, with the number of players being represented by Mulughetta and his firm growing, you are willing to intentionally reduce the pool of players available? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Yes, you really want to do business with a guy who screwed you over? You think he won't do it again?

Truth is David from the bannable word is trash and dealing with him for any reason other than a generational talent is just plain dumb.

I'm likely in a minority, but on this, I would agree with the McNairs, particularly momma bear. I'm from a generation, and a culture, where a person's, or an organization's, image is important. We've degenerated as a society and I wouldn't hold it against the McNairs for drawing a line.

We will see if he's allowed to do this.

It could be posturing. However Janice and Cal are truly fools if they can't learn from history and a big reason the franchise is where its at today is because of their dealings with an unethical piece of trash like David from the will get you banned word.

If true, the McNair's are going to get exactly what they deserve and I'm fine with just letting the team move.

This comes from an original, minus the 1st yr season ticket holder.

So you think all of old buddy clients will pull a Watson

Mulughetta literally set it up for Watson to steal $37M from the Texans. No trust at all. I'm still not necessarily taking all of his clients off the board, but I'd be very wary of the higher profile players and the deals being sought, and if it came down to Player A vs. Player B, the difference for me might just be whether one of them is Mulughetta clients or not.

Mulughetta literally set it up for Watson to steal $37M from the Texans. No trust at all. I'm still not necessarily taking all of his clients off the board, but I'd be very wary of the higher profile players and the deals being sought, and if it came down to Player A vs. Player B, the difference for me might just be whether one of them is Mulughetta clients or not.
Exactly and start by not giving his clients unconditional no trade contracts. I just don't get taking all of his clients off the board. Especially on a rookie deals.

Mulugheta represents close to 50 players on 22 teams with over $900 million in contracts. I might have missed it. But I don't recall reading that he pulled similar crap with any of the 22 other teams. Maybe the mistake was the McNairs letting an inexperienced Easterby negotiate that contract and he took advantage of that?

David Mulugheta (Athletes First) | Fanspo

Last edited:
Talk about never interacting with David Mulugheta is pointless. He is a rising agent with an incredible pool of clients. We definitely need to be cautious when interacting with him and know that he is cut-throat and will prioritize his clients above all else, but to say we have the luxury of never dealing with him or his clients is stupid and not practical in the real world when running a billion dollar enterprise. Look at his client list.

So you think all of old buddy clients will pull a Watson

It seems to be their history, off of the top of my head.

Derrick/Murray/Ramsey

They get their guys paid but have no integrity and destroy NFL orgs along the way. Right now look at the state of the Texans/Rams/Cards orgs.

Here’s the plan. Go ahead draft Bryce Young this year and then draft Caleb Williams with next year’s #1 pick. That would be a great 1-2 punch, better than the Mills-Driskel combo we have now.
Doubtful you would have 1-1 next yr.

Talk about never interacting with David Mulugheta is pointless. He is a rising agent with an incredible pool of clients. We definitely need to be cautious when interacting with him and know that he is cut-throat and will prioritize his clients above all else, but to say we have the luxury of never dealing with him or his clients is stupid and not practical in the real world when running a billion dollar enterprise. Look at his client list.

I never said dont deal with him at all.

I said the only way I would deal with him would be for an elite type player. Micah Parsons. There's not an elite QB in this draft, so I wouldn't have to deal with his lying azz.

Trust me when I say if I drafted sa guy and David from the bannable word tried to pull what he did with Derrick again. I would rather let Derrick play and half azz it until he faked an injury, than ever go through that again. I dont care if his rookie contract destroyed the cap or not.

Be sure of 1 thing I would never redo a David from the bannable word client early EVER. He definitely would be playing out his 5th yr option and in yr 4 I would most likely be putting out feelers to get an idea of the players trade value. There certainly would never be a NTC in any David from the bannable word clients contract.

Doubtful you would have 1-1 next yr.
OK, I've pretty much missed the Cotton Bowl today and will record tomorrow's replay. But I did catch a few plays and that Williams fellow looked good.

But assuming we're not in a position to draft him, is the second, third or fourth best QB, that will be available in 2024, better than any QB in the 2023 class?

Or are you good with not drafting a QB in '23 and if the chips just don't fall right, not drafting a QB in '24 as well? What's your plan B? Or plan C?

I've just rewatched Alabama and Ohio State. My impression of Young is unchanged. I like what I see. But I agree that Stroud had a magnificent performance. I can see him being drafted ahead of Young, but I still prefer Young. Both are worthy of being a top 5 pick.

I really liked Duggan on first watch. I still have to rewatch the TCU game for a second impression.

I've taped but haven't watched Kentucky, but I think I read a comment that Levis did not play. So I have no inkling on his play. Just googled and he did opt out. In my book, a character flaw.

Overall, I'm of the opinion that the Texans are going QB with their first pick. But I can certainly see the value of trading down for draft capital and going defense with that first pick. I'm good going either way.

Let's see what the Combine says. Last year I wrote off Matt Corral because I thought he was a 6' and < 200 lb guy. Yet Corral measured and weighed in with the same measurements as Joe Montana.

If you are looking for a pure pocket passer then yeah you want that 6'4, 6'5 guy. However, if you plan to run a lot of RPOs, bootlegs, and gameplan for the QB to run 8 to 10 times a game, then 6'5", 6'4" is not as important.

Well that’s going to be a stretch to take a guess b/c Pep is the OC at the moment and there’s been zero real discussions about removing him. If that’s the case…..it has to be a pocket passer.

Cal: I think we need to hire a bunch of people off the street to fill the seats!

Hannah: Hon, I think if we just put a bunch of large fan cardboard cutouts in the seats, it would be much less expensive...........no one on TV would notice the difference...................and it would be just as effective.

Nice, tight little frame on that Hannah. I need a couple hundred million dollars.

So, we have moved from not only Mulugheta clients, but any player represented by the Athletes First agency? AF represents 99 Pro Bowlers, 8 Super Bowl MVPs and 105 first round picks.
Keep that up and you will be taking tips from the Astros on how to find talent in Latin America. BTW. Mulugheta doesn't own AF.

NFL Agents Tracker | Spotrac

We've moved this to any agent that's word isn't to be trusted. There's a difference between asking to have your contract renegotiated after yr 4 vs what went down with Derrick. Surely you can see this.

Like I said, I would even work with David from the bannable word for a few franchise players. Stroud wouldn't be one of those guys. Like I said if Cal has to have a QB in this draft I hope it's Young. But I would rather have Levis and his potential over Stroud and having to deal with David from the bannable word and the trash that's Quincey Avery etc....

OK, I've pretty much missed the Cotton Bowl today and will record tomorrow's replay. But I did catch a few plays and that Williams fellow looked good.

But assuming we're not in a position to draft him, is the second, third or fourth best QB, that will be available in 2024, better than any QB in the 2023 class?

Or are you good with not drafting a QB in '23 and if the chips just don't fall right, not drafting a QB in '24 as well? What's your plan B? Or plan C?

I've just rewatched Alabama and Ohio State. My impression of Young is unchanged. I like what I see. But I agree that Stroud had a magnificent performance. I can see him being drafted ahead of Young, but I still prefer Young. Both are worthy of being a top 5 pick.

I really liked Duggan on first watch. I still have to rewatch the TCU game for a second impression.

I've taped but haven't watched Kentucky, but I think I read a comment that Levis did not play. So I have no inkling on his play. Just googled and he did opt out. In my book, a character flaw.

Overall, I'm of the opinion that the Texans are going QB with their first pick. But I can certainly see the value of trading down for draft capital and going defense with that first pick. I'm good going either way.

Certainly a fair point of view.

It's not my point of view.

So no Josh Allen either huh? I thought Athletes 1st were racist too. How they got white guys? C'mon, you keep moving the goalpost again.

Are you saying David Unicorn Farts is actively looking for non minority clients.

My point stands, if there's a close choice between 2 players, the non David Unicorn Farts guy would be my pick. No need to needlessly have to deal with trash that you cant trust.

And yes, Allen is one of the few guys I would deal with the Athletes 1st trash to have on my team. But I would know going in that I'm making a deal with the devil and react accordingly.

QUOTE="Earl34, post: 3305983, member: 18723"]
So, we have moved from not only Mulugheta clients, but any player represented by the Athletes First agency? AF represents 99 Pro Bowlers, 8 Super Bowl MVPs and 105 first round picks.
Keep that up and you will be taking tips from the Astros on how to find talent in Latin America. BTW. Mulugheta doesn't own AF.

NFL Agents Tracker | Spotrac
[/QUOTE]
Lol is someone moving the goal post again. :jail:
They will do business again and we just might be drafting Stroud.

Only two of his clients out of how many?

Look at his client list. That's who I dont want on the team if the talent level is close. Do you want to go through the Derrick situation again? That's what you're opening yourself up to by picking Stroud. Learning from history and avoiding repeating history is important.

If you fear certain agents, the problem is not the agents. It is a lack of a talented contract negotiator for the team.

There's no fear.

There's the fact that smart business people dont do business with people that have been proven to be untrustworthy, unless absolutely necessary.

As much as I dislike the situation, I see Mulugheta doing what his client asked him to do.. get Watson out of Houston; as he did Ramsey and another player. It is like blaming an attorney for representing clients that strongly appear to be guilty [Hardin]. I did not like DW contract when he signed it but didn't even think to blame his agent. I despised DW when he reneged 4 months later and still do. I blame O'Brien not Mulugheta as one did his job and other did not. Texans side agreed to ALL terms including the NTC.. so why is that agent's fault?

How an agent conducts his business is another matter .. see Rusty Hardin and the deleted tweet from Mulugheta about nepotism that he claimed to be about politics.

If we don't trust Caserio to negotiate better that is on McNairs as perhaps was DW extension. Perhaps McNairs told O'Brien to get the deal done and he did, poorly.

Cal: I think we need to hire a bunch of people off the street to fill the seats!

Hannah: Hon, I think if we just put a bunch of large fan cardboard cutouts in the coaching positions, it would be much less expensive...........no one on TV would notice the difference...................and it would be just as effective, if not moreso.

What she should have said.

:coffee:

If you fear certain agents, the problem is not the agents. It is a lack of a talented contract negotiator for the team.
I am a root cause guy. Have a franchise that players want to play for, fix the ownership, management, and coaching then players won't feel the need to hold out or demand trades etc, because this is the best place to be. I don't think avoiding an agent, or have a better negotiator are the end game. Maybe until Texans gets teir crap together you have to do some tactical things, but the focus should be on this being a desired destination versus somewhere we have to overpay for mediocre players

Back