Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

With Omenihu having obviously faked an injury to avoid a penalty resulting from the wrong number of players on the field, although no penalty was drawn during the game, this is considered a blatant violation of NFL rules. In 2012 the Steelers and Emmanuel Sanders with fined after Sanders faked an injury. This was followed in 2013 the League sent a memo to all 32 teams reminding them that fake injuries can result in “fines of coaches, players, and clubs, suspensions or forfeiture of draft choices.” It is hard bent for me to believe that the Omenihu incident is over.

With Omenihu having obviously faked an injury to avoid a penalty resulting from the wrong number of players on the field, although no penalty was drawn during the game, this is considered a blatant violation of NFL rules. In 2012 the Steelers and Emmanuel Sanders with fined after Sanders faked an injury. This was followed in 2013 the League sent a memo to all 32 teams reminding them that fake injuries can result in “fines of coaches, players, and clubs, suspensions or forfeiture of draft choices.” It is hard bent for me to believe that the Omenihu incident is over.
If they take our 3rd...

AmbitiousEvergreenGossamerwingedbutterfly-small.gif

Then go ahead and suspend Devlin for 5 games and let's put this behind us.

Just out of curiosity I checked the Austin newspaper this morning to see what comments they had about yesterdays game.
Our game, not even the score was to be found in the sports page, but they had pictures and substantial coverage of the Cowboys game.
Of course the NFL only had two games played yesterday, and those games both involved Texas teams and one of those teams won and played reasonably well while the other Texas team was a total embarrassment and stunk up the place.
So I dunno but it seems that there's virtually no support or even interest in the Houston Texans outside of the Houston metro area ?

So I dunno but it seems that there's virtually no support or even interest in the Houston Texans outside of the Houston metro area ?
This isn’t new.

We have never been past the divisional round of the playoffs. We are not & will not be relevant until we do.

So even a terrible America’s Team will get more coverage than the little football club from Texas.

This isn’t new.

We have never been past the divisional round of the playoffs. We are not & will not be relevant until we do.

So even a terrible America’s Team will get more coverage than the little football club from Texas.
Last time I checked Austin was not in North Texas, and therefor isn't it conceivable that there's enough residents of the capital city
from Houston who would be interested in reading a few articles now and then about their hometown team in the local paper ?
BTY Americas team is not superior to the Texans, atleast not for the time both have concurrently existed, so you seem to suggest that these Cowboys fans are all about living in the past instead of the present and the future ?

Last time I checked Austin was not in North Texas, and therefor isn't it conceivable that there's enough residents of the capital city
from Houston who would be interested in reading a few articles now and then about their hometown team in the local paper ?
BTY Americas team is not superior to the Texans, atleast not for the time both have concurrently existed, so you seem to suggest that these Cowboys fans are all about living in the past instead of the present and the future ?

Contact your local media outlet, TK nor anyone else here can help you

Looks like the Texans will probably be facing Trubisky when playing the Bears in 2 weeks. Foles is dealing with significant hips issues, and with the Bears 4 game losing streak with a rank of 31st in both points and total yards after 10 games, Trubisky has been renamed the Bears starting QB.

I don’t think the media, local or national are Cowboy fans.

I’m not telling you what is right, wrong, or just.

Just relaying the facts my friend. Even in Houston there’s been more coverage of the Dallas game.
I hear you but I can only say and conclude that claims of Texas being some kind of football mecca is BS.
As a native of the KC, Missouri area and long-time Chiefs fan I could look to the Kansas City Star as a news outlet that not only carried
news about the Chiefs but up until 4 or 5 years ago before the Rams left St. Louis to return to LA the Star would regularly also cover and carry news on the cross-state NFL team in St. louis.

Looks like the Texans will probably be facing Trubisky when playing the Bears in 2 weeks. Foles is dealing with significant hips issues, and with the Bears 4 game losing streak with a rank of 31st in both points and total yards after 10 games, Trubisky has been renamed the Bears starting QB.

I'm looking forward to seeing how DW4 does against a really good defense and see how much he's really improved vs just beating up on bad defenses/bad team's.

Defensive back Manny Patterson visiting Texans
Nov. 27, 2020 Updated: Nov. 27, 2020 4:41 p.m.

Former Maine defensive back Manny Patterson is visiting the Texans one week after working out for the AFC South team, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly.

Patterson went undrafted and signed with the Washington football club, later joining their practice squad. He had 113 tackles, three interceptions and 54 pass breakups, but dealt with a knee injury in college that ended his final season.

Meanwhile, wide receiver J'Mon Moore, former Vanderbilt wide receiver Kalija Lipscomb, former Kentucky defensive end T.J. Carter and former Mississippi State defensive tackle Lee Autry have begun COVID-19 testing in advance of a workout for the Texans.

So I watched the first half offense again. Fulton actually played pretty well for Fulton. Moving bodies in the run game. Holding his blocks in the passing game. Except two plays. One where the defender just walks around him to sack Watson. & on a failed screen he pulls down the defender drawing a holding penalty that was declined.

I'm not a fan of Fulton & have wanted him out of that Guard spot for a while.

I'm just reporting this was one of his better games so I don't think he was pulled for anything particular in this game.

He also doesn't look to have suffered any kind of injury.

I hear you but I can only say and conclude that claims of Texas being some kind of football mecca is BS.
As a native of the KC, Missouri area and long-time Chiefs fan I could look to the Kansas City Star as a news outlet that not only carried
news about the Chiefs but up until 4 or 5 years ago before the Rams left St. Louis to return to LA the Star would regularly also cover and carry news on the cross-state NFL team in St. louis.

That speaks more about the quality of media than it does about regional football prominance

So Fulton, did he finally get benched?
I saw some different personnel groupings in several areas through this game.

Warring got snaps.
Keke played a significant role.
Greenard, Blacklock got a series or two in together that I noticed.
Crossen was taking defensive snaps again.
Nate Hall made an appearance.

I think there is a much greater willingness to put the back end of the roster into the game and see what we’ve got, and not before time.

It was typical of most Texas publications that they not only covered the NFL and NCAA but also local high school teams as well .... Just about any town in Texas football is the place to be on Friday night. It's almost a religion , particularly in small towns and mid sized cities that don't have pro or college teams.

Yeah , Texas is Football Mecca.

It was typical of most Texas publications that they not only covered the NFL and NCAA but also local high school teams as well .... Just about any town in Texas football is the place to be on Friday night. It's almost a religion , particularly in small towns and mid sized cities that don't have pro or college teams.

Yeah , Texas is Football Mecca.
Yes a football mecca when it comes to HS football, but truly bush league for the big leagues, or the NFL.

Key word there is NFL... that speaks of your own misconception that NFL = all football
You've had really limited contact with Texas football fans?
Yes exactly the context I've been speaking in here is pro ball, or football at the NFL level
and residents of the state Texas. I've not been talking about scholastic or collegiate ball.

Back