Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Now you know once Bill reads this he will find away to get rid of Watson. Man just to show the writer he doesn’t need Watson. Lol

That's the best thing that could happen to us fans …. OB ships Watson out for peanuts and we're back on the QB carousel , he goes 2-14 and sends the #1 overall pick to Miami , McNair blows a gasket and fires OB …. Finally - 6 years too late.

That's the best thing that could happen to us fans …. OB ships Watson out for peanuts and we're back on the QB carousel , he goes 2-14 and sends the #1 overall pick to Miami , McNair blows a gasket and fires OB …. Finally - 6 years too late.

This scenario wouldn't bother me a bit.

Fully cleaning the house.

Took this out of the WalterFootball site. This is spot on, you can not sum up this off season any better than this:

texansb_logo.gif
Houston Texans (11-7) - Previously: 16.
"I hope everyone knows by now how much Bill O'Brien sucks. New owner Cal McNair doesn't, opting to give O'Brien even more power this year. O'Brien is a bad coach and worse decision-maker, and yet he styles himself as Bill Belichick. If O'Brien wasn't lucky enough to have Deshaun Watson carry him these past couple of years, he'd be out of a job by now."

I wrote this BEFORE the DeAndre Hopkins trade. Can anyone in Houston please get McNair's attention and direct him to this Web site so that he finally comes to his senses and fires O'Brien?

Did you get a virus on the Walter site. It's happened to me before.

Any other franchise and I'd probably agree with you - eventually 9-7 to 11-5 a division championship and a playoff flame out year after year would eventually get a coach fired.

Not with the Texans. It takes a catastrophic failure for this ownership group to make changes. They've been totally embarrassed in the playoffs back to back years … One of those at home , the other after leading 24-0.
It takes 2-14 type seasons for the McNair's to go another direction.

If Watson stays , he'll drag OB's sorry ass to mediocrity and we'll be stuck with stupid for the duration. Watson does have his work cut out for him this season …. the defense being terribad and the offense highly suspect minus the leagues best WR.

We aint getting rid of OB anytime soon if Watson drags his sorry ass to the playoffs every year.

Is this why Smthiak got to keep their jobs after 6-10?

Let's see how this plays out before declaring the defense as terrible

You know my feelings on BOB/DW4

We aint getting rid of OB anytime soon if Watson drags his sorry ass to the playoffs every year.
When Watson signs his extension, the QB/HC/Owner relationship takes on an entirely different dynamic. Watson will have leverage, even more than when he helped O'Brien keep his job after 2017. O'Brien's deal ends in 2022. Which means he as until 2021 to make a real run at a championship. That seems like a long time from now. If Watson signs a deal this offseason, he'll be here at lest through 2025. He will be Last Man Standing.

You can’t get a virus from visiting that site unless you download something. I’ve always gone on there no problems.
This is completely wrong, when their ad providers have been compromised. They use AdSense which has been frequently compromised to deliver malware in the past. I use ublock origin to strip out all ads even here, because no matter how much i donate, this site still shows ads.
Source 30 years in IT.
On Mobile, adguard premium works really well for nonrooted devices.

Is this why Smthiak got to keep their jobs after 6-10?

Let's see how this plays out before declaring the defense as terrible

You know my feelings on BOB/DW4

51-7 …. and you let your defensive anchor walk in Reader and cut your former probowl corner and the only thing you've added is a SS and a special teams "corner".

You still have no pass rush outside of Mercilus …. and RAC is no longer there to scheme them to mediocrity.

I have little to no faith in this defense.

51-7 …. and you let your defensive anchor walk in Reader and cut your former probowl corner and the only thing you've added is a SS and a special teams "corner".

You still have no pass rush outside of Mercilus …. and RAC is no longer there to scheme them to mediocrity.

Playing Devil's advocate

Martin has done the work to become the pass rusher we hope he can become. (He's supposedly working out like a fiend.

The daft would be open for picking the best best CB's you could find in the 2nd/3rd rd.

Rightfully so in not having faith in the defense. JoJo's time has passed. I love Reader but not at 13 mil per season.

If they can hit on a couple of draft picks and bring in a couple of FA'S after the draft then I will feel alot better, but right now there's plenty of reason for concern.

The 2 FA's I hope they bring in are Griffen/Ryan. Then draft a NT and another CB and I will consider this a successful off-season

I don't want to run out of CB's like they have the last 2 seasons.

Odell Beckham apparently is available. Would be curious to see what he goes for. Probably could have had him for the same price of Brandin Cooks, maybe less. Leonard Fournette is also apparently on the trading block. Would like to see what he goes for vs. David Johnson. Will put things in perspective on our 2 trades. Fournette is in the final year of his rookie contract, so he could probably be signed for cheap.

Last edited:
Odell Beckham apparently is available. Would be curious to see what he goes for. Probably could have had him for the same price of Brandin Cooks, maybe less. Leonard Fournette is also apparently on the trading block. Would like to see what he goes for vs. David Johnson. Will put things in perspective on our 2 trades.
Beckman seems to be a constantly disgruntled player. He could certainly fit the profile of "head case." History has shown that opposing defenders can get into Beckham's head. They can cause him to lose his cool, lose his temper, lose his focus. With 4 years left on his contract, he was already seeking a higher paid guaranteed adjustment. He is the last thing we need on our team.

Beckman seems to be a constantly disgruntled player. He could certainly fit the profile of "head case." History has shown that opposing defenders can get into Beckham's head. They can cause him to lose his cool, lose his temper, lose his focus. With 4 years left on his contract, he was already seeking a higher paid guaranteed adjustment. He is the last thing we need on our team.
I did not once insinuate or imply that I wanted him on our team. I said it would be interesting to see what he goes for, and what we COULD have had him for if we signed him before Cooks. Obviously at this point, he is not even close to being on our radar.

I did not once insinuate or imply that I wanted him on our team. I said it would be interesting to see what he goes for, and what we COULD have had him for if we signed him before Cooks. Obviously at this point, he is not even close to being on our radar.
I agree. Before Cooks, in contrast though, Beckham was and still is seeking ~$20 million per year.

yeah I saw that - he was working out with one of the top recruits in the Miami area - just an ode to the best QB that city has known IMO, or maybe he could see himself playing for the Dolphins - MIA is a fun city for a young man I could see it happening. Im indifferent to the current players honestly. My only pleasure in life will happen when Bill OBrien is ousted forever from the sports history of this great city. Until then I hope all the good players leave and let this man wallow in the mud pit he created.

I was listening to Sports Talk 790. They were discussing the details of this upcoming draft. According to them (I haven't fact checked their comments, I can't believe this wouldn't be true), each team will have 3 representatives with authority to make a pick. This is a just-in-case mechanism inserted in the event there are technical difficulties. I don't know what else they said as I drifted off into fantasy land:

I am imagining the Texans are on the clock at #40 (or wherever they end up making their first pick). The screen is split, O'Brien in one panel and Roger Goodell is in the other at a podium all by himself. O'Brien starts to announce his pick and his microphone feed goes out. Technical difficulties disallow him from calling in his pick. A third screen pops up and it's some poor player personnel guy, let's say it's C.J. Leak, Asst. Director of Player Personnel. So now we have the Goodell in one panel, O'Brien in another desperately trying to get his microphone working, and a panicked C.J. Leak in another with a timer rapidly counting down. C.J. Leak blurts out a name... Then Goodell announces "with a surprise move the Texans have selected ____!" We still can't hear what O'Brien is saying but his face is beat red, he is super animated and it doesn't take an expert in lip reading to understand what he's saying. "Why?!?! You stupid ****** bleeper!!! You bleeping suck, you stupid **** sucker!!! You bleeping suck, ***hole!!!! Eff you!!!" Then O'Brien's head explodes.

Come on Miami an overwhelming offer that pleases all. Dolphins can afford Dashaun and still put him on a decent roster. Watson for 1.5 + 1.19 plus 2021 first and seconds (we gave for Tunsil). Miami would still have 1.26 + 2.39 +2.56 + 3.70
Your fantasies are even wilder than mine. And at least in mine the Texans are guaranteed to be better instantly.

yeah I saw that - he was working out with one of the top recruits in the Miami area - just an ode to the best QB that city has known IMO, or maybe he could see himself playing for the Dolphins - MIA is a fun city for a young man I could see it happening. Im indifferent to the current players honestly. My only pleasure in life will happen when Bill OBrien is ousted forever from the sports history of this great city. Until then I hope all the good players leave and let this man wallow in the mud pit he created.

Bob Greise and the undefeated Dolphins say hi!

Come on Miami an overwhelming offer that pleases all. Dolphins can afford Dashaun and still put him on a decent roster. Watson for 1.5 + 1.19 plus 2021 first and seconds (we gave for Tunsil). Miami would still have 1.26 + 2.39 +2.56 + 3.70
There is absolutely NO way anyone would give 3 total 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for Watson. That is absurd.

This is how GOOD owners and GMs should handle disruptive players - let alone stand up guys who dont behave like this in the public eye. Props to Tony Khan for not letting emotional and petty issues push him into a bad business decision. Im impressed. I still believe they will trade Ngakoue, but it will be under the Jags terms and not paraded under some sort of cultural bullshit.

There is absolutely NO way anyone would give 3 total 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for Watson. That is absurd.
I thought the consensus was that DeShaun was a top five franchise quarterback? Texans gave two first rounds and a second for tunsil so throw in one more first round for that type of quarterback? Should be doable!

I thought the consensus was that DeShaun was a top five franchise quarterback? Texans gave two first rounds and a second for tunsil so throw in one more first round for that type of quarterback? Should be doable!
Sorry but you’re dreaming if you think anyone would give 3 x 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder. Not a chance.

Back