Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Don't give them any bright ideas. That's too much
Perhaps, but I said it would cost a lot. I think it depends on as I said replacing the LBs. If Kalambaya and Cole could plug not be as good obviously, a strengthened cornerback situation would definitely help the front seven. Can RAC adapt? Would you trade one of the linebackers and Lonnie Johnson for Ramsey? Would the Jags? I don't think so. Interesting to talk about.

BOB's an idiot if he handled the Clowney situation that way.

He should've had Clowney sign and then trade him to Miami.
Which, taking track records into account, makes it all the more believable.

There is no way with what had been going on in the past 2 years that Clowney's agent would have allowed Clowney to sign a contract without a no-trade provision.........where the team would have to obtain written permission from Clowney and his agent and where Clowney could elect to waive the provision and accept the trade, or veto the trade on grounds of the provision.

Yesterday, the Texans worked out RB Tony Brooks-James, RB Byron Marshall, CB Brian Allen (from La Marque) and CB Adonis Alexander.
So clearly somebody or a group of folks are handling one of the GM functions which is to bring in free agent talent for the coaches to interview/evaluate, because
we've been seeing a veritable stream of players coming and going since the beginning of the 2019 regular season.

......for Tunsil and a pick.
A bit of perspective is required to understand how this went down. At the time when we should have been treating Clowney with some respect, having battled back from an incredibly serious knee injury which will likely effect him into later life, it was not Obrien's responsibility to make those phonecalls. By the time OB takes over and attempts to sort the situation by paying Clowney that respect, Gaine had already burned the bridge on the organisation's part.

Add in that when the Chiefs rang to let us know that they had a 1st and 2nd available for a premium EDGE, he didn't get back to them in time.

This whole thing is on Gaine. I actually liked the way he had handled his draft but this offseason was a clusterfuck and extremely unprofessional on his part. It amazes me that the Texans haven't thrown him under the bus publicly given how bad the situation was.

I'll blame OB for plenty of things, the man responsible for this mess has already been shown the door.

Two very encouraging stats for the Texans.

Texans are second in the league in Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) behind Seattle.
Total: 73.33%, Home 60.00%, Away: 100.00%

Texans are first in the league in Third Down Conversion Percentage
Total: 53.23%, Home 56.52%, Away: 36.20%

Two very encouraging stats for the Texans.

Texans are second in the league in Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) behind Seattle.
Total: 73.33%, Home 60.00%, Away: 100.00%

Texans are first in the league in Third Down Conversion Percentage
Total: 53.23%, Home 56.52%, Away: 36.20%

Yet the coaching is horrible.

& for his next trick, WatsonHoudini will save Bill O'brien's job. Abracadabra

Yep, BOB will have nothing to do with saving his job. Why even have a HC when you have Watson? Why not just call the team the Houston Watson's instead of the Houston Texans.

Why am I not impressed?

I thought Tuesday was workout day?
It is. The Texans may see a need to take an early look at RBs since their 3rd string RB's hip was injured last Sunday.........and he has been limited in practice since. They may also feel the need to look early at CBs since Johnson is coming off a groin and now Joseph has a fresh hamstring and may be out for a while despite the fact they have him listed as questionable (and if he does try to play Sunday, he likely doesn't make it through the game).

Last edited:
He's still learning the system after 3 yrs.

Hopefully he also learns to become more consistent.

I expect him to have another big week this week.
And after 3 yrs the HC/OC has finally learned how to tap into the talents of the most potent weapon this franchise has ever seen.

It's probably just me but I expect the defense to come up big this week. They've been hearing/reading how "unstoppable" KC's offense is. I think they step up to the challenge.

And after 3 yrs the HC/OC has finally learned how to tap into the talents of the most potent weapon this franchise has ever seen.

It's probably just me but I expect the defense to come up big this week. They've been hearing/reading how "unstoppable" KC's offense is. I think they step up to the challenge.
???????????

The Present Chiefs Offensive Line......Center......Left Guard..........Left Tackle

7116462_orig.jpg

A bit of perspective is required to understand how this went down. At the time when we should have been treating Clowney with some respect, having battled back from an incredibly serious knee injury which will likely effect him into later life, it was not Obrien's responsibility to make those phonecalls. By the time OB takes over and attempts to sort the situation by paying Clowney that respect, Gaine had already burned the bridge on the organisation's part.

Add in that when the Chiefs rang to let us know that they had a 1st and 2nd available for a premium EDGE, he didn't get back to them in time.

This whole thing is on Gaine. I actually liked the way he had handled his draft but this offseason was a clusterfuck and extremely unprofessional on his part. It amazes me that the Texans haven't thrown him under the bus publicly given how bad the situation was.

I'll blame OB for plenty of things, the man responsible for this mess has already been shown the door.
From my perspective, I don't recall history as do you. That's probably on my old age memory! It has been noted exhaustingly on this message board that Gaine wanted to give Clowney long-term extension but O'Brien said no. Perhaps that's not what you mean by respect?

Next perspective, I do recall Kansas City being mentioned as a possible trade partner but nothing about Chiefs willing to give up a first and second round pick. I quickly research that and don't find anything. Will you please provide a link to your claim?

Third perspective, I thought I read several posts on this message board alleging that O'Brien did throw Gaine Under
the bus?

Thanks! I will await your response.

Last edited:
From my perspective, I don't recall history as do you. That's probably on my old age memory! It has been noted exhaustingly on this message board that Gaine wanted to give Clowney long-term extension but O'Brien said no. Perhaps that's not what you mean by respect?

Next perspective, I do recall Kansas City being mentioned as a possible trade partner but nothing about Chiefs willing to give up a first and second round pick. I quickly research that and don't find anything. Will you please provide a link to your claim?

Third perspective, I thought I read several posts on this message board alleging that O'Brien did throw Gaine
the bus?

Thanks! I will await your response.
Its all whispers, but they've come from within the building. Gaine spent a majority of the offseason refusing to speak to anyone, and would only communicate via text. Chiefs phoned and reached his voicemail re. Clowney and were ignored. They gave up a 1 and 2 for their second choice, Frank Clark.

Gaine had shown no respect by not communicating with a franchise player about his future. Gaine was even blanking Cal in the building. This explained why the corporate structured Texans made the shock decision to fire Gaine at a key point in the offseason, the situation became that bad.

The organisation have allowed the press to question their decision without letting slip that Gaine is a nut who had lost the plot. They're offseason took a big hit because of his inaction.

The reports on Howard are a "partial" MCL..............this leaves quite a range of injury. When referring to a typically Grade II, most are <50% of the width of the ligament......and in this scenario, you could expect ~4-6 weeks to return safely with decent strength. A subtotal tear (somewhere >50% but not a total rupture of the ligament [which would take 12-16 weeks]), I would expect closer to 8 weeks to safely/functionally return to game play.

The best new of all is that once healed, there should be no long-term negative implications of this injury on the young man's performance.:texflag:

As a CB, the very least he should miss to minimize re-injury is 4 weeks...........and closer to 6 weeks if without set back.

For those keeping track - we have the Patriots in 7 weeks. Could have both Howard and Roby back at that time.

Could.

Back