Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

We lack depth but was able to win a playoff game with Yates.
Depth wasn't an issue either.
Depth was an issue at WR, Safety and Special Teams among others. With better ST play or a viable second/third receiver those playoff games may have been different. ST especially suffered from lack of depth, coaching and butterfingered returners.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Depth was an issue at WR, Safety and Special Teams among others. With better ST play or a viable second/third receiver those playoff games may have been different. ST especially suffered from lack of depth, coaching and butterfingered returners.

Let's be real. We had our 3rd string rookie at QB, throwing 3 interceptions. That's why we lost.

Let's be real. We had our 3rd string rookie at QB, throwing 3 interceptions. That's why we lost.

I understand why we lost. I'm not talking about one season or a few playoff games. Just voicing an opinion on why we were paper tigers with a one-year superbowl window.

The roster was poorly constructed for multi-year success and had critical issues with depth because we drafted poorly outside of the 1st round.

I disagree on over paying for Tunsil. He protects our most important player. That position is very important and we have a solid young player for years to come. This acquisition is paying off I think.

The line was affecting the entire offensive picture and it looks like it finally got solved based on the small sample size. It is going to have a ripple affect. I expect our offense to score a lot , Watson to be better protected, and Watson to be able to learn instead of getting hit.

I'm kinda on the fence on that trade.

Yes , they needed an upgrade. What they had was Bad.

What Tunsil has done so far has been "average at best."

That's not to say I don't expect significant improvement because he hasn't been in the building a month yet.

If "average" is as good as it gets , then yes , they overpaid significantly. They could have gotten "average at best" for much less.

Now if he plays up to the billing …. then we'll call it a good use of resources. So far , that's not the case.

We're so used to poor OL play that "average" looks great to us.

That's not to say I don't expect significant improvement because he hasn't been in the building a month yet.

If "average" is as good as it gets , then yes , they overpaid significantly. They could have gotten "average at best" for much less.

Now if he plays up to the billing …. then we'll call it a good use of resources. So far , that's not the case.

Average? He’s been much better than average. Provide an example showing he’s been average please.

At the moment, average could translate to a better scoreboard......great could translate to much bigger things in the playoffs.

Tunsil and the OL could really bump their game if OB maintains his second half play calling and finally makes the Fulton move to Center.

Now that the team has shuffled their OL personnel to feature:

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Fulton
RT- Howard

I'd like to see one more shuffle:

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Johnson
RT- Howard

Move Johnson inside and let Henderson be the ST. Martin and Mancz both play Center as well as the Guard positions. I know Martin is a lock as the starting Center but that was a dumbarse contract extension move, not a move to make the OL better. Like some have stated, give this current OL arrangement a few more games and maybe we're surprised......if it surprises for all the wrong reasons, such as Martin not elevating his game to a top5 NFL Center, OB and Devlin are just going to have to come to grips that they screwed up and sit him while moving Fulton over.

Tough pill to swallow......if the Texans have to sit Martin, then try to trade him in the off-season. Good luck trying to salvage the move by receiving a RD6 pick and eating a nice portion of his contract. They can't even move him to the bench after the extension they gave him. I'm going to predict early......this one's going to leave a mark, much in the same way that the Osweiler move did.

At the moment, average could translate to a better scoreboard......great could translate to much bigger things in the playoffs.

Tunsil and the OL could really bump their game if OB maintains his second half play calling and finally makes the Fulton move to Center.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Fulton
RT- Howard

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Johnson
RT- Howard

Move Johnson inside and let Henderson be the ST. Martin and Mancz both play Center as well as the Guard positions. I know Martin is a lock as the starting Center but that was a dumbarse contract extension move, not a move to make the OL better. Like some have stated, give this current OL arrangement a few more games and maybe we're surprised......if it surprises for all the wrong reasons, such as Martin not elevating his game to a top5 NFL Center, OB and Devlin are just going to have to come to grips that they screwed up and sit him while moving Fulton over.

Tough pill to swallow......if the Texans have to sit Martin, then try to trade him in the off-season. Good luck trying to salvage the move by receiving a RD6 pick and eating a nice portion of his contract. They can't even move him to the bench after the extension they gave him. I'm going to predict early......this one's going to leave a mark, much in the same way that the Osweiler move did.

No .more shuffles please. Let this unit gel Optimistic.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Fulton
RT- Howard

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Johnson
RT- Howard

They're not gonna sit Martin unless injury bites again... give up on that pipe dream

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Fulton
RT- Howard

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Johnson
RT- Howard

The coaching staff loves Martin for whatever reason. No sense talking about moving him out of lineup. Last week’s configuration needs to stay the rest of the way!
I think they like him partly because DW4 does. I was a move Fulton advocate, but if he and DW4 have chemistry ok. Would keep RodJo at tackle for sure.

I admitted in my post that OB and Devlin would keep starting Martin simply b/c of the foolish contract extension they gave him. Does it make it the right move? Uummm, no.

I think Martin will eventually play himself out of the lineup. At some point both OB and Devlin will realize their gaffe and make the required adjustments.

Since this is a random thought....let me finish dreaming. OB and the Texans realize their Martin gaffe and suck up the losses in moving him in the off-season. Fulton was eventually moved to Center and made the impact most of us have predicted. The Texans wise up and make a full press on signing RG, Scherff from the Redskins. This will include making him the highest paid OG in the NFL but that's the cost to add the best at his position. The Redskins will be in a hard place to satisfy both Scherff and LT, Williams financially so one of them will leave. By the way, Redskins offered Scherff a contract extension and he didn't sign it leaving many to believe he's going to test the FA market. This would be a great time for the Texans to dust off their checkbook.

I'd see a big step forward if the Texans could roll out this OL in 2020:

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Scherff
RT- Howard

Texans PR‏Verified account@TexansPR 2h2 hours ago

The @HoustonTexans will honor @HCSOTexas Sandeep Dhaliwal with a Moment of Silence prior to Sunday’s game at NRG stadium. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and fellow officers.

Ed Gonzalez‏Verified account@SheriffEd_HCSO
At this time, our @HCSOTexas family would like to give thanks from the bottom of our hearts for the outpouring of support, prayers, and love we have received. We mourn the loss of a wonderful father, husband, son brother, friend, and last but not least, a Texas Peace Officer.

EFgnA9AXUAcA0nJ.jpg

Can you honestly say you felt good going into that game? I can't, and if a lot of people are truly honest with themselves, they would say the same.

I honestly felt good going into that game.

The week before looked like we were implementing the offense Watson was born to run.

Then we go & run the, "I wish Tom Savage was my QB." offense. Who knew?

Then why didn't they? How long does it take this bunch to put average at best on the field. We had Mat Kalil, Julien Davenport & Roderick Johnson ready to try to be avg at best & it wasn't looking good.

Too early to call him average. Since entering the league he has top tier. 3 games in and playing for a new team with a new offense and new teammates to get used. You can’t call him average based on that.

Too early to call him average. Since entering the league he has top tier. 3 games in and playing for a new team with a new offense and new teammates to get used. You can’t call him average based on that.

Corrosion has always been about spicy hot takes with no real filler.

.. Jalen left the jags because of Watson. He played against him in college and got torched. Same trend began to happen in the nfl. He had so much pressure due to being drafted to guard hop and stop Watson. Lol even with his incredible talent it wasn’t going to happen. Both athletes share the same agent (Watson & Jalen) I’m guessing he advised Ramsey to leave if hes serious about winning due to Watson being in the division. Now the jags get weaker and might not find a lock down corner for a while. Thats what elite QBs do.

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Martin
RG- Fulton
RT- Howard

LT- Tunsil
LG- Scharping
OC- Fulton
RG- Johnson
RT- Howard

Move Johnson inside and let Henderson be the ST. Martin and Mancz both play Center as well as the Guard positions. I know Martin is a lock as the starting Center but that was a dumbarse contract extension move, not a move to make the OL better. Like some have stated, give this current OL arrangement a few more games and maybe we're surprised......if it surprises for all the wrong reasons, such as Martin not elevating his game to a top5 NFL Center, OB and Devlin are just going to have to come to grips that they screwed up and seat him while moving Fulton over.

Tough pill to swallow......if the Texans have to bench Martin, then try to trade him in the off-season. Good luck trying to salvage the move by receiving a RD6 pick and eating a nice portion of his contract. They can't even move him to the bench after the extension they gave him. I'm going to predict early......this one's going to leave a mark, much in the same way that the Osweiler move did.
I like your revised lineup, but fixed the grammar for you. Sit is an intransitive verb and cannot take an object.

Then why didn't they? How long does it take this bunch to put average at best on the field. We had Mat Kalil, Julien Davenport & Roderick Johnson ready to try to be avg at best & it wasn't looking good.

Were any of them NFL "average"? … Or sub par ?

If you ask me they were all sub par.

Why this franchise does what they do is ….. unfathomable.

As a mod you were correcting him about mentioning Astros in the Houston Texans thread. Anyways, I'm off to never-never land and wish everyone a good night. Go Texans

As a mod you were correcting him about mentioning Astros in the Houston Texans thread. Anyways, I'm off to never-never land and wish everyone a good night. Go Texans

I wasn't correcting him as a mod. I was making a comment as a poster. No different than I would have before becoming a mod.

Further that, what was so actually overreacted? Was it rude language, insulting to the poster?

Where did I cross any line from stating what is fact to being aggressive or unruly or unfair?

Texans PR‏Verified account@TexansPR 2h2 hours ago

The @HoustonTexans will honor @HCSOTexas Sandeep Dhaliwal with a Moment of Silence prior to Sunday’s game at NRG stadium. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and fellow officers.

Ed Gonzalez‏Verified account@SheriffEd_HCSO
At this time, our @HCSOTexas family would like to give thanks from the bottom of our hearts for the outpouring of support, prayers, and love we have received. We mourn the loss of a wonderful father, husband, son brother, friend, and last but not least, a Texas Peace Officer.

EFgnA9AXUAcA0nJ.jpg

For those of you who may not be aware of the cowardess cold-bloodedness of the murder of this bulwark of his community.:

'Pioneering' deputy dies after being shot from behind: sheriff

Back