Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

2018 Texans review: Tight ends
Aaron Wilson , Houston Chronicle Jan. 15, 2019 Updated: Jan. 15, 2019 7:12 a.m.

Eighth in a series

The Texans’ three-headed approach to the tight end position is defined by necessity and flexibility.

Not having a true combo player that excels at catching the football and blocking since the forced retirement of tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz due to chronic concussions, the Texans divide responsibilities between three players: veteran Ryan Griffin and rookies Jordan Akins and Jordan Thomas.

This is a reliable, albeit unspectacular group.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Derek Newton was inactive in the game right after his 1st signing with the Saints (week 15)...........he played in the game right after his re-signing (week 17)................he was inactive in last Sunday's playoff game.

Doc did they ever come out with Jermaine Kelly's injury, last I remember they just were saying undisclosed. Was it that serious, or just an IR stash of a late round player?
They did not. Kelly was placed on the Texans' Physically Unable to Perform list July 25 with an undisclosed injury. He was activated July 31. He was placed on IR Sept 4. Since he never played during the preseason, the Texans did not identify his specific injury.

Kelly at UW had several nagging injuries, which in part (along with family factor) led him to transferring to San Antonio State. As a UW redshirt freshman Kelly, a starting CB in the first two games, was placed on IR for surgery after fracturing his ankle during a fluke play in practice. He was noticeably slowed at San Antonio State when he returned to play.......a performance that followed him to his not so impressive ProDay. Since his ankle injury, lost top end speed and change of direction ability. Could he be a stash? Possibly. His ankle would still have been a factor. The Texans may want to see if they can rehab him through the offseason and re-evaluate in OTAs.

BTW, "undisclosed" injury category has always miffed me, as it seems to go against the requirements set down by the NFL for reporting injuries.

A Closer Look at the Texans Extension of Seantrel Henderson and What it Means

byPatrick D. Starr18 mins

1.) Henderson was a free agent from the 2018 off-season who won the right tackle spot but was lost for the season with an ankle injury. A veteran presence for the Texans, the team chose to ensure they have in-house options at the tackle positions. With Henderson returning, the Texans have the same starting offensive line under contract that they had in week one of the 2018 season. If the the same group starts in 2019, it would mark the first time ever in the O’Brien era that the same offensive line group starts in two consecutive seasons.

2.)The Texans bringing back Henderson would likely signal that the organization’s focus for the NFL Draft is to infuse their offensive line for the coming seasons. Along with Henderson, the Texans have Julién Davenport, Roderick Johnson, and David Steinmetz currently on their depth chart. Davenport and Henderson were the team’s starters at the tackle positions throughout OTAs and training camp in 2018 and extending Henderson leaves the door open for more youthful players to come in and compete while not forcing the Texans to start a rookie at the tackle positions in 2019. The Texans have both of their day-one starting tackles heading into next season.

3.) The signing of Henderson, with his contract of a max value of $4.5 million, does not prevent the Texans from any moves moving forward. It is not a splashy move but is about building a 90-man roster heading into the off-season. The Texans can still make the moves they see fit, either in free agency or in the draft. The cap room is in the Texans favor but this extension means little for the bigger moves heading into 2019.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/1/1...george-fant-command-free-agency-chris-hubbard

And that’s the kind of money that Fant could command on the open market, which is why even if the Seahawks put a second round tender on the table that may not absolutely guarantee his return. If you’re the GM for a team like the Texans with $60M in available cap space (obviously pending the resolution of the Jadeveon Clowney contract situation), are you better off using pick 2.55 on someone who has never played in the NFL, or sending it to the Seahawks in exchange for a guy who has both off the charts athleticism and has shown he can at least hang with NFL defensive linemen? Me, I’m boxing that pick up and sending it off to the Pacific Northwest, but then again most GMs aren’t as smart (or as good looking, for that matter) as I am, so obviously the Texans are likely to keep that pick and take someone along the lines of one of the following players, all of whom have been selected between 2.51 and 2.59 over the past decade:

NFL announced it's international schedule and the Texans play a London game as visitor, Jacksonville the home team. So Texans go to London next season.

God'ell sucks
i think Jacksonville’s owner Shalid Kahn made a partnership agreement to host annual home games in London. I need to read more about it such as how long and benefit to the organization. Back when the Cowboys played, the Jaguars cheerleaders were there as well and making appearances.

i think Jacksonville’s owner Shalid Kahn made a partnership agreement to host annual home games in London. I need to read more about it such as how long and benefit to the organization. Back when the Cowboys played, the Jaguars cheerleaders were there as well and making appearances.

Just another reason to root against the Jags. Khan is doing his best to make the NFL less popular here in America.

Figures a Muslim owner would be leading the charge to help ruin the NFL .

Just another reason to root against the Jags. Khan is doing his best to make the NFL less popular here in America.
I’m trying to figure this one out, but in the meantime, can I assume that you aren’t going?

Figures a Muslim owner would be leading the charge to help ruin the NFL .

Khan is a rich Republican that fulfilled the American Dream and enjoys his toy of a pro sports franchise. He is exactly like the vast majority of owners.

I'll challenge you to google pics of him and his family to figure out how much the "Muslim" plays into him being an owner. You'll obviously be disappointed.

Khan is a rich Republican that fulfilled the American Dream and enjoys his toy of a pro sports franchise. He is exactly like the vast majority of owners.

I'll challenge you to google pics of him and his family to figure out how much the "Muslim" plays into him being an owner. You'll obviously be disappointed.

Is he a Muslim or a buhdist?

I know he's not American and never should have been allowed to own an NFL team.

Just like the Glazers should not have been allowed to own a professional kickball team.

Muslim or Buhdist?
He is a 68 year old Pakastani who came to America at age 16 to attend the University of Illinois. He has been an American citizen since 1991, a Republican who voted for Trump, self made billionaire getting his start in the automobile parts business. Seems to be a very compassionate and delightful person to know. As a side note, he is Muslim, but I haven’t read that it has been a negative against him.

He is a 68 year old Pakastani who came to America at age 16 to attend the University of Illinois. He has been an American citizen since 1991, a Republican who voted for Trump, self made billionaire getting his start in the automobile parts business. Seems to be a very compassionate and delightful person to know. As a side note, he is Muslim, but I haven’t read that it has been a negative against him.

Read my post below.

I prefer not doing work for guys like Khan. I've had bad experiences

I'm just saying Khan doesn't care about anything but himself. If you've done work for guys like Khan you would understand where I'm coming from.

Well I certainly didn't understand where you were coming from fixating on his religious affiliation.

Not saying that at all. I work with mostly minorities most of whom happen to be great people.

So it is not his ethnicity but rather his religion that drive your "guys like Khan" statement?

Are you willing to explain what you mean by that statement ? An by the way he is an American citizen.

People that grew up with the game and love the game instead of guys that are in it strictly for the $$$$. People from Pakistan care way more about soccer than football. Sad but true.

People that grew up with the game and love the game instead of guys that are in it strictly for the $$$$. People from Pakistan care way more about soccer than football. Sad but true.
So then you are suggesting that if folks who's first love in terms of a sport isn't football, especially if they are from Pakistan, are automatically disqualified from consideration of NFL franchise ownership ?
SteelB you know your mind works in an unusual fashion.

So then you are suggesting that if folks who's first love in terms of a sport isn't football, especially if they are from Pakistan, are automatically disqualified from consideration of NFL franchise ownership ?
SteelB you know your mind works in an unusual fashion.

Mot just particularly from Pakistan.

But you should have to have a love of the game 1st and foremost before you should be approved to own an NFL team and you should realize that football (Real football) is uniquely an American sport.

Mot just particularly from Pakistan.

But you should have to have a love of the game 1st and foremost before you should be approved to own an NFL team and you should realize that football (Real football) is uniquely an American sport.

Perhaps he has a love of the game... he's had almost his entire life to acquire it... how do you measure or test for that anywho?

Perhaps he has a love of the game... he's had almost his entire life to acquire it... how do you measure or test for that anywho?

Well, he's taking the game overseas.

Is that what's best for the American football fan?

It's all about the cash for him.

Well, he's taking the game overseas.

Is that what's best for the American football fan?

It's all about the cash for him.

You realize it's not just 1 owner making that call right? So a majority of the owners, who are all besides Khan White, Natural born U.S. citizens who grew up with football their whole life decided they want a piece of that cash pie. To put the blame squarely on the one brown skin guy, because he isn't from here is absurd

You realize it's not just 1 owner making that call right? So a majority of the owners, who are all besides Khan White, Natural born U.S. citizens who grew up with football their whole life decided they want a piece of that cash pie. To put the blame squarely on the one brown skin guy, because he isn't from here is absurd

This has nothing to do with race except the foreigner is the one that is allowing his team to be used as a pawn in the cash grab. I'm sure the white owners are just fine with Khan allowing them to expand their cash grab.

I know, Khan became a US citizen.

Back