Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Texans' QB Case Keenum earns Chiefs' respect with Poise, Big Plays"

I find this thread rather odd. When opposing owners told Bob McNair he was 'on track', TT went into typical meltdown mode accusing him of being easily fooled. The old double-bluff from the other owners was never sniffed out by Boob.

Now, we have the exact same thing happening with KC players saying how great Keenum was, yet strangely, no one on TT thinks it's double-speak.

Dear me. This is getting difficult to follow...:smiliepalm:

I find this thread rather odd. When opposing owners told Bob McNair he was 'on track', TT went into typical meltdown mode accusing him of being easily fooled. The old double-bluff from the other owners was never sniffed out by Boob.

Now, we have the exact same thing happening with KC players saying how great Keenum was, yet strangely, no one on TT thinks it's double-speak.

Did you hurt your back reaching for that? :rolleyes: LOL. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. First of all, Players actually play and can talk about the competition they play against and second this isn't people talking about a "team", they're talking about one singe player.. trust me if they wanted to sabotage us, they would speak highly of the NFL pick 6 record holder.. not the guy who just put up the highest passer rating against them. 3rd, owners are just like us, they just watch.

As far as what was said back then, I remember it.. I highly doubt the owners were so worried about Bob and his new team (led by Carr) where the other owners felt they had to "fool" him in some grand conspiracy agreement like the Texans were some growing threat to all their success. I mean there's 32 teams in the league, but they only wanted to keep the Texans down? That take didn't make sense then and it still doesn't now and neither does this one. Especially since KC isn't a divisional opponent and I highly doubt they expect to see us again this season, so why the need for the "double speak"?

Last edited:

Yes, I'm sure the Chiefs were lulling Case into a false sense of confidence so that they'll have the upper hand on him when they play him again in 3 years.

Who cares what the Kansas City players said...

Did you watch the game?

If the KC players come out and say he just got a little lucky chez really sucks, who cares.
And not to take sides on the owners/McNair thing, but what does that have to do with anything?

It was after the 2010 season.

So? You really think the owners were conspiring to stop the all and powerful Texans' machine? :) (Short answer.."No") Again, it was as stupid then as it is now.

What does that have to do with how Chief players feel about Keenum's performance? A team they won't face in the near future. What motive do they possibly have to "double talk"?

When Quentin Demps says, "I told y'all....... "

...... doesn't really sound like the rope-a-dope. He (being a safety) sounds like he was happy that Keenum threw 6 passes for over 25 yards against them. I doubt that's happened very often against them.

Again, not the kind of thing a safety usually brags about.

Back