Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Predictions Thread: 2008 Season

DID YOU KNOW?: • The Texans have played the second-toughest schedule in the league next to Cincinnati. Texans opponents are 13-6 (.684). Bengals opponents are 16-6 (.727).

• The Texans' next four opponents (Miami, Detroit, Cincinnati and Minnesota) are a combined 3-14 (.176).

Told ya. that was one mofo of a starting five. The only break we got was a decent bye. And Ike ate that up.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2008/10/nfl_notebook_manning_lobs_kind.html

yep... I have to hand it to ya. You called that one. And, to me, the encouraging part is that we were in all but one of those games... could have won two of 'em...
SHOULD have won the last one...

I suppose Slaton has surpassed your expectations too...?

10-6

Home wins: ravens, fins, lions, cinci, jags, titans, bears
Home losses: colts

Road wins: browns, packers, raiders
Road losses: steelers, titans, jags, vikings, colts

It will look bleak to many who are not true believers at the beginning of the season when we are 1&4.
5 game win streak to end the season.

home wins: fins, lions, cinci, jags, ten, chi
home losses: colts, ravens

road wins: browns, packers
road losses pit, ten, jags, colts, oak, min.

The home loss to indy was the most disappointing game of the season. I still don’t understand how the freaking raiders manhandled us.

I need to know your doctors name. I want what ever you're having.

I think 9-7 is possible. I think 7-9 is more likely. And I think a lot of you have underestimated the moves Detroit made with their o-line this off season. I have this vision of Jack Reeves or Petie locked one on one with Calvin Johnson or Roy Williams. It's not pretty.

Classic!

8-8 again. Our defense being the reason for the same record as last year. If Okam plays like a probowler his rookie year, and we somehow find a pass rusher opposite Mario, and Molden plays as good as Dunta while he is out on pup then we will have a better record. Good thing is that Richard Smith will probably get fired after this season if he can't improve this defense.

I had forgotten about this thread. Hopefully Richard Smith does get fired and we get a real dc.

Wow, this made me go back to see if I had posted in this thread. Check out my post from March of this year. Eerily accurate of me, if I do say so myself. We ended up the year averaging 115 ypgs rushing and was 13th in the league in rushing ypg. And we drafted Slaton in the 3rd round.

In any case, the Texans averaged 99 yards a game rushing last season. That ranks us in 22nd place. Given we now have Gibbs and will probably draft a rusher in the 3rd or 4th round, I say we should improve to 115 to 120 yards a game rushing. If this happens, we go 9-7 or 10-6 because we still haven’t plugged all the holes in our defense yet. And probably won’t until we complete another off-season. Houston finished last year ranked 11th in passing, if we can improve from 22nd to someplace in the upper half of the league in rushing, we’ll be competitive.

Back