Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS PLAYER TRANSACTIONS

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The Texans have signed Texas Christian offensive guard Cordel Iwuagwu, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly.

The Texans have also signed Notre Dame linebacker Jamir Jones, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly.

The Texans have signed West Georgia defensive tackle Auzoyah Alufohai, according to a league source.

James Madison tight end Dylan Stapleton has signed with the Texans, according to a league source.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Ira Savage-Lewis was waved from the reserve non-football injury list (He had been placed on the list due to an injury to his back sustained during offseason workouts).

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Last season, Hall logged a not too shabby overall PFF grade of 70..............one of the 2 top graded Raiders defensive players. If he takes his role seriously, he has great potential in Houston. The Raiders run a 4-3 defense. Hall came from and excelled in a 3-4 defense in college (Sam Houston State). I believe Hall is more likely to be able to reach his greatest potential under a Weaver-schemed 3-4 defense.

Surprise? Mo Hurst and P.J. Hall are PFF’s Highest-Graded Raiders on Defense
RAIDERSBEAT.COM JANUARY 3, 2020

************************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************************

Oakland Raiders 2018 season grades: DT P.J. Hall
by Sanjit T.1 year ago Follow @Sanjit__T

In our latest Oakland Raiders season grades, we take a look at DT P.J Hall, who was a 2nd round pick for the Raiders in 2018.

P.J. Hall was drafted with the 57th pick in the 2018 draft, which was very surprising, as almost no Raiders fan knew who he was. Hall spent his college career playing at Sam Houston State, an FCS school. Coming out of Seguin High School, Sam Houston State was Hall’s only scholarship. In fact, Max Preps had him ranked as the 5,231 ranked player in the country, and outside of the top 500 for Texas players alone.

When I first watched Hall’s college tape, shortly after the 2018 NFL Draft, I was surprisingly impressed by versatility. In college, he lined up almost everywhere on the defensive line. His junior season in college, he played the 5 technique, lining up as a 3-4 DT. However, his senior season was much different. Hall played in a two-point stance as a stand-up 3-4 OLB about 70% of the time.

The play that really impressed me was one in which he lined up as a 3-4 OLB on the left side of the LOS. The opposing team ran the ball to the opposite side of Hall, behind the Left Tackle. The running back broke loose and had a clear path to the end zone. Hall, who was about 5 yards behind the back, sprinted and chased him down. Hall has that type of speed.

Expectations
Coming into the year, a second-round pick is expected to start. He doesn’t have to be the best player on the team, but at a minimum, he should be a good role player who can contribute. We should also see improvements throughout the season.

Personally, the biggest concern for me was if he’d be able to adapt to the game speed of the NFL and continue making plays. I wanted to see if Hall would be able to contribute in the run game as well as if he’d be able to get pressure on the opposing quarterback.

Reality
Considering the season in whole, P.J. Hall was ranked by Pro Football Focus as the 13th best rookie defensive linemen vs. the run, with a grade of 70.8. However, when considering the fact he had a more significant learning curve over other rookies, mainly because he came from an FCS school, I decided to look at the second half of P.J. Hall’s seasons.

Now, although Hall did not record a sack in his rookie season, he really stepped up the second half of the year. After Week 9, he was able to get 11 quarterback pressures and 3 quarterback hits to go with many stops in the run game. P.J. Hall was an absolute monster in the second half of the season.

Considering Weeks 9 through 17, Hall had the 3rd best run grade amongst all rookie defensive linemen, with a grade of 77.1. That grade puts him ahead of players such as Daron Payne, De’shawn Hand, Marcus Davenport, Vita Vea & Bradley Chubb. Hall also had the 7th best overall grade considering Weeks 9-17.

THE REST OF THE STORY

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
MODS,

AFTER ALL OF THIS TIME, I JUST NOTICED THAT THIS THREAD IS LABELLED 2019...............THAT'S WHEN IT WAS STARTED...............BUT NOW IT HAS RUN INTO 2020. WOULD IT BE A GOOD IDEA TO DIVIDE THIS THREAD INTO SEPARATE 2019 AND 2020 THREADS, OR JUST HAVE ONE "TEXANS PLAYER TRANSACTIONS"? I'LL LEAVE IT UP TO YOU.

THANKS