Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS OTAs

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But after drafting Thomas and a second TE last year I would have thought this years 3rd round pick could have been used on one of several other more needy positions
including WR, RB, LB, & Dline ?
It's difficult running a two TE offense with only three TEs on the roster. Imagine a game day roster with only three WRs. Not a good feeling.

Texansballer74

The Marine
This is the main reason I hardly ever discuss things on here anymore and just lurk. Turns into “I’m smarter than you and this is why”. Or the high jacking of conversation for something irrelevant or can be located in 20 + other threads specifically designated for that specific topic.

People really needs to stop being so sensitive on these freaking sports forums. Jokers get off track even in person when watching and talking about the game or games.

Human freaking nature.

Texansballer74

The Marine
They did use Griffin as an outlet.

Warring has a chance to be special in a couple of yrs. I expect him to spend alot of time blocking next yr, with Thomas doing most of the receiving. The TE position is going to be really good in a couple of yrs.

He can be special this year.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Remember Dallas Clark & Brandon Stokely? How the Colts would flex them out when their third & fourth receivers were out? Then they would use a 6th OL to block.

I've mentioned this again & again, never do BO'b nuthuggers supporters suggest BO'b stuck with his TEs so they would be ready for 2019. I would buy that. I want to believe BO'b is thinking longterm. Planning, preparing for the future.
They put Davenport in a lot as a 6th OL his rookie season. But they had less than nothing at TE. Especially after game 1 when they lost all of them to concussions.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
People are not getting fed info from Texans PR dept. regarding OTA’s, before games and after, the freaking DRAFT. It’s ******* boring, they fail to address fan base, O’Brian gives media the middle finger, on and on ownership doesn’t connect with the customer, we the fans. Only communication is the annual ticket hike for upcoming season.

I’m struck despite sand kicked in our faces just how loyal and forgiving Texan fan base truly is. So pardon the diversion another team in division gets it, and delivers to their fan base fun, insightful and entertaining off season tidbits to keep their fan base satisfied and butts in seats come kick off.

Stay Thirsty
:wesmantexanfan:

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
People are not getting fed info from Texans PR dept. regarding OTA’s, before games and after, the freaking DRAFT. It’s ******* boring, they fail to address fan base, O’Brian gives media the middle finger, on and on ownership doesn’t connect with the customer, we the fans. Only communication is the annual ticket hike for upcoming season.

I’m struck despite sand kicked in our faces just how loyal and forgiving Texan fan base truly is. So pardon the diversion another team in division gets it, and delivers to their fan base fun, insightful and entertaining off season tidbits to keep their fan base satisfied and butts in seats come kick off.

Stay Thirsty
But, but, according to some the Texans are a marketing company with a football team attached.

Dejaview

All Pro

Stay Thirsty
Personally I’m excited with the openness of BG. Guy has laid out his agenda for rebuilding the Texans. From his drafts he is on point. He’s giving everyone an insight into a GM’s thought process if anyone cares to listen. In one year take a look at our ST, TE and S improvement. OL looks to be better also. One year and these are significant changes. Even got DW a great QB coach familiar with DW’s style and an OC and rebuilt the strength and conditioning program. For the OB haters DH loves him and re-upped. Look for DW to do the same. Never saw this kind of overall cohesiveness with the Texans, but you have to care to look.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Stay Thirsty
Exactly

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Technically its about what's happening during OTAs. But since (according to some) there's only fluff coverage from the Houston sports media and very little substance coming from the Texans themselves if we stuck to verifiable, OTA-only news this thread would be about a couple of pages long.
:D
Very true

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Personally I’m excited with the openness of BG. Guy has laid out his agenda for rebuilding the Texans. From his drafts he is on point. He’s giving everyone an insight into a GM’s thought process if anyone cares to listen. In one year take a look at our ST, TE and S improvement. OL looks to be better also. One year and these are significant changes. Even got DW a great QB coach familiar with DW’s style and an OC and rebuilt the strength and conditioning program. For the OB haters DH loves him and re-upped. Look for DW to do the same. Never saw this kind of overall cohesiveness with the Texans, but you have to care to look.
It may be all there, so promote it, sell it, share it, give fans behind the scenes coverage and let us be there for the ride. Produce slick, professional player highlights, top 10 plays of 2018, something more than what we’re seeing and reading.

Media had to pull this one out

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
There is no news b/c there's not a whole lot happening that's why. I mean if you're that starved for something Texans all you have to do is listen to 610 to John Harris, Deepi Siduh? and Vandermeer every evening. They give plenty of updates on what's going on out there....just understand its all fluff. Everybody looks good, everybody is primed for a breakout season, everyone's a potential x-factor.

I personally could care less about what's going on at OTA's & the only thing i screen for is guys getting hurt b/c that's really the only thing that matters...apart from that.. ...:sleep:

Last edited:

zshawn10

All Pro
OTAs wrap up this week. Here's a look at the #Texans with the most to prove during the remainder of this offseason as they try to make the roster. https://t.co/2S3zJTWsbB

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) June 3, 2019

The Texans finish organized team activities this week, a point in the team’s offseason calendar that feels at once significant and meaningless. As Houston nose tackle Brandon Dunn recently said: "Everybody looks good in shorts right now." These pad-less practices function mostly as passing camps, offering coaches little to glean about certain position groups. Yet there are also just 10 OTA sessions, and the ever-increasing attention on player safety has resulted in fewer offseason opportunities for teams to evaluate their rosters. Compared to the era of two- and three-a-days, each instance when coaches actually do get to work with their players during the offseason has taken on added importance. "Whether you’re the head coach, the general manager, assistant coach, nutritionist, strength coach, trainer, player, equipment manager, video — whatever position you hold in this building, you’re being evaluated every day," O’Brien said. "That’s the nature of this business. The National Football League moves very fast, and you have to try to be at your best every single day for the success of the organization. As soon as they get out of their car and walk into the building, they’re being evaluated as to what they’re doing and how they’re helping the team win, in all phases. That’s an ongoing process." Near the end of OTAs, the Texans are still at a stage in that process that doesn’t require many hard decisions. The team will host a three-day veteran minicamp before allowing players about a month off prior to training camp. Houston doesn’t have to trim the roster for months, but players’ performances in May and June will influence what the team looks like in September. With that in mind, here’s a look at the non-rookie Texans with the most to prove during the remainder of the offseason as they hope to stick with the Texans.

Vyncint Smith
There’s a reason a couple of wide receivers ended up on The Athletic’s list of undrafted rookies with strong chances to make the regular season roster. Smith, an undrafted rookie himself just a year ago, showed some field-stretching ability last season, but he didn’t do enough in seven games to grab a firm hold on a backup receiver spot for the Texans, who are in need of depth at the position. Deshaun Watson claimed last week that Smith has "improved mentally, physically, all-around" from his rookie year. With Will Fuller still recovering from his ACL tear and DeAndre Hopkins electing not to participate in the team’s voluntary OTAs (at least the sessions open to media), Smith has had plenty of opportunities to affirm his quarterback’s comments. He and second-year slot receiver Keke Coutee are among the most experienced receivers at practice, and they’re leading the group. Compared to offensive and defensive linemen, wide receivers can actually show quite a bit in practices during this part of the year. The sessions include a fair amount of non-contact, 11-on-11 drills that center around the passing game. "You can learn how they learn," O’Brien said of wide receivers in OTAs. "How they pick up things, how they can take it from the meeting room to the field, how fast they can play without thinking, how hard they work at understanding formations, route running, how much they can pick up defensively."

Senio Kelemete
O’Brien and general manager Brian Gaine have both expressed optimism that Martinas Rankin will show great improvement in his second pro season, when he’ll settle in at guard after playing some tackle as a rookie. If he does, then Kelemete, the team’s left guard for most of last season, might face a difficult path to making the 53-man roster. Compared to the other Texans competing for playing time at guard, Kelemete, 30, has perhaps the least job security. He played some center for the Saints, but based on practice reps, the Texans seem to consider him to be strictly a guard. And Kelemete’s contract carries less than $1 million in dead money in each of the next two seasons. Now look at the team’s other guards:
Zach Fulton, who started opposite Kelemete for much of last season, enters the second year of his four-year, $28 million deal with a secure spot on the roster. Barring injuries, he should be a starter.
— Even if he doesn’t capture one of those starting guard jobs, Rankin, a third-round pick in 2017, is still playing on a cheap rookie contract. And in just his second year, he’s still early in his career for the Texans to cut him. They, understandably, want to develop (and defend) their own draft picks.
— Second-round pick Max Scharping played mostly right tackle in college, and he very well might start there next season, depending on whether Seantrel Henderson remains healthy. But Scharping has also had opportunities during OTAs to practice at guard, and if the Texans feel playing him inside is the best way to immediately improve their offensive line, then they should do that. The unit’s situation is too dire to be idealistic and place more value on playing a second-round pick at tackle instead.
Greg Mancz, who has mostly been a backup in four seasons with the Texans, is playing on a cheaper deal than Kelemete’s, and he offers the versatility Houston values. He served as the team’s swing guard last season and he started 16 games at center in 2016.

Carlos Watkins
Watkins flashed potential during his rookie year, in 2017, when injuries deprived the Texans of J.J. Watt and Christian Covington for significant stretches. A fourth-round pick out of Clemson, Watkins appeared in 12 games as a rookie, playing about a third of Houston’s defensive snaps while recording 21 tackles, including three behind the line of scrimmage. But the Texans had a healthier line during the next year, and Watkins didn’t continue to receive opportunities. He played in just four games last season and recorded his first career sack in Week 17. Covington is now gone, opening up a potential spot for Watkins to contribute in 2019, but the team has also added fifth-round pick Charles Omenihu to its line. And Joel Heath, a former undrafted defensive lineman entering his fourth year with the Texans, will also fight for a roster spot.

Darren Fells
The Texans cut one of their two veteran tight ends when they released Ryan Griffin. Will they get rid of the other one, too? Fells, 33, signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal this offseason. The Texans added him for his blocking ability, but then the tight end room became a bit more crowded. A year after selecting two tight ends, Houston drafted Kahale Warring in the third round. Fells’ path to making the roster now seemingly requires the team to carry four tight ends on its roster. Is doing so worthwhile? Had the Texans not taken fullback Cullen Gillaspia in the seventh-round, it might be easier to argue in Fells’ favor. But it seems unlikely Houston would carry a fullback and a fourth tight end on its roster. The team might end up cutting both Fells and Gillaspia, but a rookie who is playing on the cheaper deal and offers special teams value seems like the better bet to stick.

Matt Kalil
It’s a five-way competition for Houston’s two starting tackle jobs. At OTAs, four of the men competing for those jobs — Henderson, Scharping, Julién Davenport and first-round pick Tytus Howard — have played on both sides of the line. Then there’s Kalil, who has not yet returned to practice and instead has spent practices on a separate field with other players who haven’t received medical clearance. Kalil missed all of last season following a knee surgery, and the Texans knew when they signed him that he wouldn’t be fully ready right away. But missing time while Sharping and Howard settle in can’t help Kalil’s cause. To his credit, Kalil has appeared to take attentive notes during the portions of offensive line drills he’s observed at OTAs. If the former No. 4 overall pick is healthy and active for every game next season, Houston will owe him $7.5 million. That’s a hefty price for a backup. So maybe Kalil’s only realistic path to sticking in Houston is earning a starting spot. As bad as Davenport looked last season, his youth and lack of injury history might also make him a more attractive option than Kalil as a swing tackle. At 24, Davenport still possesses upside. Kalil is a one-year bet who doesn’t offer the Texans favorable odds of success.

Seantrel Henderson
The Texans want Henderson to be their starting right tackle, if he can stay healthy. But that’s a mighty big if. He’s played in just eight games in the past three years, including just one last year, in his debut season with Houston. It’s hard to learn much about offensive linemen in OTAs, but Henderson has appeared healthy and without any limitations. Now he has to remain that way.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
There is no news b/c there's not a whole lot happening that's why. I mean if you're that starved for something Texans all you have to do is listen to 610 to John Harris, Deepi Siduh? and Vandermeer's every evening. They give plenty of updates on what's going on there....just understand its all fluff. Everybody looks good, everybody is primed for breakout season, everyone's a potential x-factor.

I personally could care less about what's going on at OTA's & the only thing i screen for is guys getting hurt b/c that's really the only thing that matters...apart from that.. ...:sleep:

I was in Lufkin over the weekend for five year old great-grandaughters coach pitch softball games.

State tournament. Girls played seven 50 min. games in two days. Some tired little girls. And great grandparents too. Lots of ice and towels to keep the girls cool.

Local channel showed a short clip of Keke Coutee Sat. night. Sure that Lufkin is cowboy territory so I was surprised to say the least.

:coffee:

Dejaview

All Pro
It may be all there, so promote it, sell it, share it, give fans behind the scenes coverage and let us be there for the ride. Produce slick, professional player highlights, top 10 plays of 2018, something more than what we’re seeing and reading.

Media had to pull this one out

That would be nice. I’ve gone to other team message boards and guess what...it’s the same. BTW Texans home page is producing the top 100 plays in history. It’s there but that crap bores me. I’m only concerned with this moment forward. I love hearing a GM describe his proto type player profile and see it on the field. Guy is laying it out...judge me on what I do. Damn refreshing and it is a necessary step to move this franchise forward. These are fascinating times. Today Chronicle is reporting DW’s accolades to Gillespia. There is something good going on here.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
That would be nice. I’ve gone to other team message boards and guess what...it’s the same. BTW Texans home page is producing the top 100 plays in history. It’s there but that crap bores me. I’m only concerned with this moment forward. I love hearing a GM describe his proto type player profile and see it on the field. Guy is laying it out...judge me on what I do. Damn refreshing and it is a necessary step to move this franchise forward. These are fascinating times. Today Chronicle is reporting DW’s accolades to Gillespia. There is something good going on here.
Ok if you could then please post link to Texans draft “war room” and how it all went down.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I was in Lufkin over the weekend for five year old great-grandaughters coach pitch softball games.

State tournament. Girls played seven 50 min. games in two days. Some tired little girls. And great grandparents too. Lots of ice and towels to keep the girls cool.

Local channel showed a short clip of Keke Coutee Sat. night. Sure that Lufkin is cowboy territory so I was surprised to say the least.

Lufkin has its share of Texan fans. That's where my parents live.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Coutee is a Lufkin High grad

banned1976

sleeper mode
This is the “it’s too early in the season to talk about football so let’s instead talk about why I don’t like you” thread. This thread is still pretty heavy on hatred for the Texans org, but it’s still mainly on you jokers trippin’.

August is really the beginning of “I hate butt chin ‘O’Brien” season.

Keep in mind, we have a QB so we’re forced to talk about other things we dislike now. No more Tom Savage to kick around, nor the giraffe from Denver.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is the “it’s too early in the season to talk about football so let’s instead talk about why I don’t like you” thread. This thread is still pretty heavy on hatred for the Texans org, but it’s still mainly on you jokers trippin’.

Keep in mind, we have a QB so we’re forced to talk about other things we dislike now. No more Tom Savage to kick around, nor the giraffe from Denver.
It's always been this way around here.

Minus the Kubiak nuthugger yrs.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

Yeah, I’m going to miss those great posts raking Sewage and the Blunder of Oz over the coals. Also the meme and gifs of Hoyer curled up in the fetal position on the field, or watching Mallet try knock out his receivers by throwing full force when they are 5 yards away.

Come to think about it I got a lot of entertainment out of our crappy QBs. Now with Watson I just mostly have to watch a future elite QB on the rise. I feel kind of ripped off.

Also Osweilers wife was hot so sorry she’s gone but Gaines came through for us and signed McCarron’s wife.

zshawn10

All Pro
McClain: Five takeaways from the Texans’ OTA on Tuesday
Johnson adjusts to new coaching role
First-year assistant coach Andre Johnson met with the media after practice. "I thought I was done with you guys, and then I saw ‘media’ on my schedule," Johnson said, smiling, as he was surrounded by reporters. "The job’s going well. It’s football." Johnson’s title is special advisor to the head coach and general manager. Brian Gaine had Johnson work with the scouting staff before the draft. Bill O’Brien has Johnson working with receivers. "I like both," Johnson said about doing double duty. "I probably enjoyed the scouting part more in the beginning. That was my first time to do something like that. Now, I’m around the receivers a lot, giving advice in situations I think I can help them out and trying to help the team get better. "I played the game a long time. I love the game of football. When you see something where guys can better themselves, your instincts kick in, and you want to show them things that can help them."

The shape of things to come
Outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney hasn’t participated in the offseason program and isn’t expected to report until the week before the first game at New Orleans when players are paid their base salaries over 17 weeks. Clowney, who’s been working out on his own, was designated as the franchise player. Because he’s not under contract, he’s not subject to be fined for missing next week’s mandatory minicamp. Clowney spent last year’s offseason program rehabilitating after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel has a plan for Clowney when he returns. "Anytime a guy’s not here and then he comes back, you have to find out what kind of condition he’s in," Crennel said. "And then you have to understand that he’s probably not in football condition because he hasn’t been playing football. We’ll have to check his conditioning, and we’ll go from there. We know what he can do on the field, but we’ll have to get him into football shape."

Foreman getting rave reviews
Running backs coach Danny Barrett echoed the praise third-year running back D’Onta Foreman has been getting from his teammates and coach Bill O’Brien. Foreman, who suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon as a rookie in 2017 and didn’t contribute last season, reported in good physical condition and has been devoted to the job. "He’s light years ahead of where he was last year at this time coming off the injury," Barrett said. "He’s had a good offseason and continues to work hard. His time away from here was well spent. What I look at every day is for him to be consistent mentally and be locked in with what we’re trying to do and him trying to get back to that form he showed before the injury." Foreman is established as the backup to Lamar Miller and figures to get a lot more playing time this season as a runner, receiver and blocker.

Omenihu makes an impression
Coaches are reluctant to offer too much praise of rookies who haven’t played a game. Still, defensive end Charles Omenihu, the fifth-round pick from Texas, is getting some positive feedback. Ideally, Omenihu (6-5, 280) will play well enough to come off the bench and help the inside pass rush, but he’s a long way from achieving that goal. "We’re always looking to find ways to get more pass rush production from the interior," defensive line coach Anthony Weaver said. "I try not to expect much from rookies, but he has the talent, skillset and measurables that can help us in that roll. I try not to put too much on his plate, but he’s very smart and can handle it based on the small sample size I’ve seen so far." Omenihu’s role hasn’t been defined yet. "He has some pass rush ability," defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel said. "Whether we use him on the edge or inside, that’ll be determined later. I think he can function either place because he’s got some length, strength and quickness."

Kelly adds to competition at cornerback
Bill O’Brien and his assistants preach competition at every position, and one player adding to the competition at cornerback is Jermaine Kelly, last year’s seventh-round draft choice who spent his rookie year on injured reserve. Kelly, 6-1, 204, broke on the ball well, showed some makeup speed and had one terrific interception of backup quarterback A.J. McCarron, causing a celebration on defense. "You want as much competition as you can get," defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel said. Kelly is competing in a crowded field at cornerback featuring veterans Johnathan Joseph, Bradley Roby, Aaron Colvin and Briean Boddy-Cahoun and draft choices Lonnie Johnson (second round) and Xavier Crawford (sixth).
Stoots: 11 observations from Texans OTAs

Undrafted wideout battle
Tyron Johnson from Oklahoma State and Johnnie Dixon from Ohio State are fun to watch for different reasons. They both have a legit shot at the last wideout spot and are kind of fighting each other for it and kind of not. Texans wide receiver coach John Perry mentioned Johnson can play both outside spots while Dixon can work inside and outside. They both have had their moments so far in camp. If I had to say one was ahead of the other I would look to Dixon being slightly ahead of Johnson due to the inside-outside ability. Johnson might have more eventual upside due to his height and physicality. They have been a fun watch.
The toughest tight end matchup on the Texans
Jordan Thomas won almost every rep against every type of defender he went against today in the passing drills. Thomas looks worlds different than last year from a movement standpoint. He’s fluid and physical and his routes look a lot more solid. I am not sure there will be many defenders who can cover him without some trouble. If his blocking is improved, he will be on the field a ton for the Texans. While he isn’t the most experienced tight end currently on the roster he seems to be the most complete from a total production potential. He will be a fun watch this year if they development continues.

The "other" Jordan
Jordan Akins looks smooth. Texans tight ends coach Will Lawing said it is fun to coach a room with so many players with different talents and styles. Akins is another player who has done a lot to improve his body in the time from year one to year two. Akins is very athletic, this isn’t a surprise, but his receiving skills have smoothed out compared to last season’s work. While he doesn’t present a huge physical mismatch like Thomas does he won’t be an easy cover for linebackers or safeties however teams decide to defend him. It will be interesting see the different ways Bill O’Brien uses him.

Watson whipping it around
Deshaun Watson was tossing darts around the field. A couple of throws didn’t go the offense’s way in one drill and responded by drilling a laser to three different receivers. He has had a lot of solid throws in the workouts and plenty of them as responses to a poor play or play made by the defense. It will be awesome to see Watson work with the full offense. The passing potential of this group is very high and Watson having a real offseason, instead of one filled with rehab, will be huge for him.

Long way to go, but something to show
Jermaine Kelly is an interesting player to watch going forward. Last week Bill O’Brien mentioned he is basically a rookie after missing his whole first year with an injury. Well today, he made a veteran play that had the defense going wild. Kelly made an athletic leap in front of a wideout near the sideline snagging an interception. The defense went wild celebrating the big play mobbing Kelly and even treating it as a regular season interception with some players running to the end zone to pose for the camera. The energy level was high for the defense after that. Kelly also had some nice work against Vyncint Smith in a couple of drills. He has a lot to work on but is a name to watch heading into training camp.

Tytus’ timeline
Tytus Howard continues to work into various roles with the team. He had one rep today, again not live and without pads, where he stymied a rusher with pure technique and footwork. It was impressive and rusher eventually just gave up. He wasn’t afraid to get physical, as physical as the drills allow, either. He had a nicer day than some of the other tackles. I don’t know if he has shown that he is better or worse at any given position. There is a lot more to evaluate in joint practices and preseason with him.

Get used to Watson to Coutee
The more work Watson and Keke Coutee get the better. Remember how good Wes Welker was for Bill O’Brien’s offense in New England? I am not saying that is Watson and Coutee but this is easily the best QB-slot WR combo the Texans have ever had. With Watson’s mobility Coutee is never going to be out of a play. The next thing the offense needs to work with on Coutee is getting him deep from the slot. At Texas Tech, he was one of the best in the nation at attacking the middle of the field deep. There is hope with the chemistry he and Watson are building they can soon add that to the offense.

Peter Kalambayi continues to impress
Peter Kalambayi is a load for offensive linemen to handle. The defenders are always a little more physical in these drills and that worked to his advantage but the linebacker is a player to watch going into camp and the season. He has flashed some coverage ability as well as the talent to rush the passer. He blew up one play today that would have resulted in a live rep sack. If he can carry this over to camp and even the season the Texans have a nice young player to provide depth at linebacker and play on special teams.

Catch of the day: Vyncint Smith
The catch of the day was an absolute beauty. Smith cooked the defense, was a few steps clear, and perfectly caught the over-the-shoulder pass. He is a totally different guy than the wide-eyed rookie from Limestone. Anyone challenging him for his roster spot will have a tall mountain to climb.

Backup slinging it
A.J. McCarron has a short memory. A couple of bad plays in a row didn’t bother him as he hit a dime across the field down the sideline to move the offense in a drill. He isn’t afraid to take a big shot downfield and try to make a play. This is a good development for the wideouts trying to make an impression as they will end up working with McCarron a lot during camp.

No (K)ompetition here
Ka’imi Fairbairn nailed his opportunities kicking on Tuesday. He made the most field goals in the league last year missing just five total. Hopefully the Texans won’t have to call on him as much this year but if they do you can feel confident in John Christian Ka’iminoeauloameka’ikeokekumupa’a "Ka’imi" Fairbairn.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’m excited that multiple sources are pointing out the passing potential of our offense. If our WRs can stay healthy and the TE group is used well, we have excellent potential to be a top offense.
If only I could see Lamar Miller redefine himself the way Marshall Faulk did in St Louis.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I like Miller more than most around these parts, but Wow the koolaid must have some everclear in it tonight.
Why do you think I'm high?

Reading comprehension. From your post it sounds like you think Miller is not & can not ever be comparable to Marshall Faulk in St Louis.

Which is exactly what I said.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I’m excited that multiple sources are pointing out the passing potential of our offense. If our WRs can stay healthy and the TE group is used well, we have excellent potential to be a top offense.
.I’m also encouraged that Foreman is looking good. Hopefully when the pads come on he’ll continue to impress
Time in a sport, rather than age, seems to be what wears you down. Ted Williams delayed his playing to become a jet ace, and it didn't seem to diminish his lifetime accomplishments in baseball. David Robinson deferred his basketball career to serve in the Navy and still had time to be a superstar. Maybe Foreman will do likewise if he can defy the odds and fully recover from his injury.

Dejaview

All Pro
Time in a sport, rather than age, seems to be what wears you down. Ted Williams delayed his playing to become a jet ace, and it didn't seem to diminish his lifetime accomplishments in baseball. David Robinson deferred his basketball career to serve in the Navy and still had time to be a superstar. Maybe Foreman will do likewise if he can defy the odds and fully recover from his injury.
True. And I delayed where I’m at today to put my kayak on the Frio, Medina, Llano, and south Llano rivers as much as possible while finding the best barque and coldest beer in the hill country so that now I’ve become...well unable to do much else.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I hope you're right but the shelf life of an NFL player is much shorter than MLB or NBA because in those sports you don't have a 300 lb guy doing everything he can to push your face into the ground every game.