Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Organization Conspiracy Theory

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
We keep coming back to this. There are bits and pieces floating around everywhere. I want to attempt to bring it together. Anyone who wants to help add to this timeline can. It’s intriguing because we have Gaine getting hired and fired, Hopkins traded, Watson’s new contract, Momma Watson and Momma McNair talking, Bob McNair passing away, Cal playing video games, OB getting fired, Watson getting massages, and the list goes on.

It is either this or wait for no news on Watson being traded or discussing the future the of a third round draft pick.

Slow days.

Interesting speculation, but your timeline is a little off.

April 2018 - Texans requested to interview Nick Caserio for their general manager position in January. Bill Belichick denied the request.

November 2018 - Bob McNair passed away.

April 2019 - Jack Easterby hired as "Executive vice president of team development", despite having no professional experience.

June 2019 - Texans/Easterby caught tampering in an attempt to hire Nick Caserio while still under contract with the Patriots

January 2020 - Jack Easterby promoted to "Executive vice president of football operations", despite having no professional experience.

March 2020 - DeAndre Hopkins traded.

September 2020 - Deshaun Watson given massive contract extension worth over $160 million (with $111 million guaranteed)

January 2021 - Rumors of Watson demanding to be traded

March 2021 - Watson being sued for sexual assault

Based on the above timeline, I tend to think that Easterby was ultimately hired to facilitate the hiring of Caserio. He was Bob's choice for GM before he passed away, so Cal (without the benefit of having any networking or goodwill with other owners) thought that Easterby would be the best way to Caserio.

How any of this plays into the Watson situation is anyone's guess. Deshaun was okay with Easterby when he was signing that massive contract. But four months later, something drastic must have happened to make Watson decide that he never wanted to be a Houston Texan again.

And how those phone calls about Nuk between Watson's mama and Janice McNair impacted this stuff is curious, simply because it tends to shed light that that owners knew a lot more than they've ever admitted up to this point.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Not that I believe this one but it has dates and good references. “A” for effort.

My understanding is Cal took over the day to day the last year Bob M was alive. Basically it was after the 2017 season when Bob began to fade from the daily scene. Although Bob did hire Brian Gaine as GM Jan 13, 2018. It wasn't long after Bob died in Nov 2018 (6 mo) that all of the Cal BS began:
April 2019 Cal hires Easterby.
6 Jun 2019 - Easterby goes to ring ceremony, believes he has hired Caserio as GM
7 Jun 2019 - Easterby convinces Cal to fire Brian Gaine
June 2020 - Pats file tampering charges against Texans for trying to hire Caserio.
20 Jan 2020 - Texans fire Chris Olson, Vice President of Football Operations
28 Jan 2020 - Texans promote Jack Easterby to Vice president of Football Operations
28 Jan 2020 - Texans make Bill O'Brien GM
11 Nov 2020 - Texans fire Amy Palcic for promoting left wing politics
6 Jan 2021 - Texans hire Nick Caserio as GM

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I need to find more stuff during the brief Gaine period, and the stuff leading up to Hopkins departure. Got to work though.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Whatever the reason for Watson out of Houston it is deeply personal. It’s not “this organization doesn’t give me help”, or “this organization isn’t prepared to do whatever it takes to win”. Somebody high in the organizational chart got so far under Watson’s skin that he wants out. But not so deep that he’ll go anywhere for any amount of money. Otherwise, he would have voided that no trade clause out of his contract in late January.

Is it a conspiracy theory that the McNair’s (at one of them) are meddlesome busybodies and Watson’s a whining brat?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Whatever the reason for Watson out of Houston it is deeply personal. It’s not “this organization doesn’t give me help”, or “this organization isn’t prepared to do whatever it takes to win”. Somebody high in the organizational chart got so far under Watson’s skin that he wants out. But not so deep that he’ll go anywhere for any amount of money. Otherwise, he would have voided that no trade clause out of his contract in late January.

Is it a conspiracy theory that the McNair’s (at one of them) are meddlesome busybodies and Watson’s a whining brat?
Jack Easterby digging into his personal life and the claims of Cal lying to him about him being involved in the hiring process.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

Don’t take the “conspiracy theory” term so personal.

Like I said there are a series of events that happened. I am interested in putting it together. Maybe others are too.

This “theory” of events keeps coming up of people “conspiring”. What else do you call it?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I call it what happens when incompetent people are in charge. I don't see some over arching evil genius at work here. Just some dumb-asses that have a lot more power than sense.
Well... duh.

He’s not saying conspiracy theory as in some evil genius plotting & planning & scheming world domination.

He’s just trying to piece together what’s really going on behind the scenes. Not that the Texans are lying to us, but for the most part they’re not telling us.

If you’re not concerned, or don’t have time to go through it all, you don’t have to.

I haven’t seen you in a minute mws, I’d appreciate your contribution in the Davis Mills thread.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

They must not have gotten deep enough between that POS butt cheeks.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Jack Easterby digging into his personal life and the claims of Cal lying to him about him being involved in the hiring process.
I could see why the POS wouldn't want people looking onto his personal life.

I also get what the POS meant when he said that the McNairs didn't show loyalty. They ran as fast as they could from this POS after finding out what he was doing in his personal life. Rightfully so might I add.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I could see why the POS wouldn't want people looking onto his personal life.

I also get what the POS meant when he said that the McNairs didn't show loyalty. They ran as fast as they could from this POS after finding out what he was doing in his personal life. Rightfully so might I add.
They actually tried to help him. Remember they just made a very hefty investment in him, making him the face of their franchise. Dude used that other crap as an excuse to get out of Houston

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yall know who it is. The man with no experience with the knife in Cals back. Esterbunny is the guy nobody in the organization can tell any of us his job description. He comes in a a character coach, couple of years later, he's vp of operations and helps hire the only guy who won't fire him. I feel like this could've been avoided had Cal cleaned house and then once you hire the gm, let him decide if he wants to bring Esterbunny back. How many good organizations do what the Texans just did? Caserio is qualified to be a gm although its still a blurred line on who was responsible for those poor picks in the last 10 years at NE. Esterbunny, what are his qualifications for anything?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
The story that's been told was Watson's momma made a call to Janice about the instragram hoes he and DHop were running around with , that it was a poor influence on Watson and that something should be done about it and supposedly Janice gave the orders to OB to get him gone.

What we didn't know at the time was that Easterby was involved.... having had conversations with Momma Watson about the issue prior to the call to Janice.

I'm not so sure how factual all this is but the pieces have kinda fallen into place over time and become more believable when the reports that Easterby having called players mothers about character issues.

This story originated from people in the front office the day Hopkins was moved ..... I think it's fairly likely that there is more truth than fiction going on here , even if the details aren't exact.
Took me a while to find this.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
John McClain on 610 radio about this:

The last contact the team had directly with Watson was months ago when he demanded a trade just before his legal problems became public.

Per the SI article, a woman who had referred Watson to another massage therapist "told Watson’s marketing manager about potential litigation" end of December/early January. This same woman admitted in a November 2019 text message knowledge of Watson's behavior, and admitted she spoke to him about it then but declined to share details of that conversation, calling it “confidential.”
So Watson knew of the pending lawsuits prior to asking for a trade. And used the Caserio hiring as an excuse.

Interesting.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Another report..............still very much doubt that under the present circumstances that the Eagles are going to consummate any trade that will get anywhere close to the high expectations of the Texans............in fact, I doubt that anything substantial occurs any time soon.

***********************************************************************************

Report: Deshaun Watson trade talks heating up between Eagles and Texans

Is this really about to happen?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Another report..............still very much doubt that under the present circumstances that the Eagles are going to consummate any trade that will get anywhere close to the high expectations of the Texans............in fact, I doubt that anything substantial occurs any time soon.

***********************************************************************************

I think you know better .... at least any time soon.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

I read somewhere that if any deal is consummated…..the Texans will probably get their asking price but the deal would include protection for the other team involved. The picks value could be reduced to lower rounds based on the end result of Watson’s situation. If the Texans want to move on…..this is a risk they’ll have to take.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
A thread about conspiracy theories and the NFL in Houston and yet not one mention of the ancient native burial grounds. Yall are getting slow.
Slow? Nope that's what we have you for..O ancient historian!

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I read somewhere that if any deal is consummated…..the Texans will probably get their asking price but the deal would include protection for the other team involved. The picks value could be reduced to lower rounds based on the end result of Watson’s situation. If the Texans want to move on…..this is a risk they’d have to take.
Would the first round draft picks go to 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more? I don’t think that would make sense for the Texans to do.

Texans could wind up getting a 4th, then another teams keeps the rights to Watson for a year, than could flip him for a 2nd.

I would just keep him and hope the NFL eventually allows you to void his contract, have him be paid on his rookie deal, and then trade him.

I read somewhere that if any deal is consummated…..the Texans will probably get their asking price but the deal would include protection for the other team involved. The picks value could be reduced to lower rounds based on the end result of Watson’s situation. If the Texans want to move on…..this is a risk they’ll have to take.
If I were the Texans, the contingency would not be to push the picks into a lower rd but to push the pick(s) to the following draft year.

TripleTap

Dead Wood
For this and the other idiotic forums "discussing" Watson's actions over the last 3/4 of a year, hear this suggestion:

In Fall of 2020 Watson probably got wind of the coming legal crap.

He went to the Texans asking for help and some kind of cover. They declined to provide same, whereupon Watson posted his "loyalty" (or lack there of) quote (I think it was "loyalty is EVERYTHING!") and demanded a trade.

All the crap about having coaching and management input/participation is just silliness made up by people who know nothing and want to yammer and make oily jokes.

Now the show is playing out and the Texans stand to lose a bundle. Watson will also take a strong hit, but because of his talent for the game, he will -eventually- survive.

Eventually he will play for someone else and be a big star with a checkered background.

End of story.

Suggest mods close the other dirty threads and maybe this one, too.

Last edited:

Mangler

Toro de España
I find it odd/funny that a lot of people were so quick to bury Jack Easterby, and defended the serial predator as if he was above the crimes he committed. I now believe the REAL smear campaign was the one against Jack.

Sure the guy is corny, but being corny does not mean he is this evil genius who was brought in to frame poor little innocent “Jesus In Cleats.”

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I find it odd/funny that a lot of people were so quick to bury Jack Easterby, and defended the serial predator
To be fair, we (not that I jumped on the fireEasterbyWagon) can only go on what we're told.

I thought it was interesting the way Cal & Easterby didn't try to defend themselves, but let things playout.

Not that there wasn't any truth to what Watson, Andre, & others said. The roster was in shambles.

But, yeah... it's best not to pick sides early on. These things take time before we have enough info to even guess at what's really happening.

badboy

Hall of Fame
To be fair, we (not that I jumped on the fireEasterbyWagon) can only go on what we're told.

I thought it was interesting the way Cal & Easterby didn't try to defend themselves, but let things playout.

Not that there wasn't any truth to what Watson, Andre, & others said. The roster was in shambles.

But, yeah... it's best not to pick sides early on. These things take time before we have enough info to even guess at what's really happening.
Well where is the fun in waiting until evidence actually appears? We love dirty laundry..wait..there could be a song in that!
Innuendo dirty lies; I think some of us get a gleam in our eyes.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I wanted Easterby fired after the 2020 season for the same reasons I wanted Rick Smith fired after the 2013 season. A clean slate. Now, this team is in arguably worse shape than the 2014 Texans.

Easterby was part of an incredibly dysfunctional executive management group that watched and actively participated in, in my perspective, a near complete collapse of a once pretty good football team. And it all started in August of 2019, 4 months after Easterby was hired as the Texans Executive Vice President of Team Development. Two years later, the Texans have the highest paid offensive lineman in the game and he didn't even need an agent negotiating for him in order to achieve that honor. Just like taking candy from a baby.

I'm intrigued to see how allowing Easterby and O'Brien to free reign of the franchise for two years affects the future. I'm also interested in finding out how much influence Jack still has on personnel decisions now that Caserio is here.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I find it odd/funny that a lot of people were so quick to bury Jack Easterby, and defended the serial predator as if he was above the crimes he committed. I now believe the REAL smear campaign was the one against Jack.

Sure the guy is corny, but being corny does not mean he is this evil genius who was brought in to frame poor little innocent “Jesus In Cleats.”
I remember a time where a mod threatened to ban me if I used the JIC reference.

I would say the truth has come out on who this POS really is.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Agreed,

We now have that info. SMDH

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wanted Easterby fired after the 2020 season for the same reasons I wanted Rick Smith fired after the 2013 season. A clean slate. Now, this team is in arguably worse shape than the 2014 Texans.

Easterby was part of an incredibly dysfunctional executive management group that watched and actively participated in, in my perspective, a near complete collapse of a once pretty good football team. And it all started in August of 2019, 4 months after Easterby was hired as the Texans Executive Vice President of Team Development. Two years later, the Texans have the highest paid offensive lineman in the game and he didn't even need an agent negotiating for him in order to achieve that honor. Just like taking candy from a baby.

I'm intrigued to see how allowing Easterby and O'Brien to free reign of the franchise for two years affects the future. I'm also interested in finding out how much influence Jack still has on personnel decisions now that Caserio is here.
Yep, I wanted a clean slate too.

But Easterby was doing what he was hired to do.

Dig up the dead bodies in both the FO and on field product. He was very good at his job. The Texans were never going to win with the leadership they had in place. Probably still wont, but atleast the hiring of Caserio gives some semblence of hope. Minus a few posters of course.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Will Deshaun Watson play for the Texans this year?

August 9, 2021, 12:21 PM EDT

After Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson reported for training camp, the Texans promptly commenced the process of trying to trade him. With no one willing to offer the pay the price the Texans are seeking, the Texans apparently are pivoting to Plan B.

As noted by Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the Texans “have not given up” on Watson playing for the Texans in 2021.

“They’re not taking lowball offers,” Robinson adds. “This is why they aren’t being overly communicative with teams. Barring a strong offer, Texans brass will try to get him back into the fold before the season begins.”

Regardless, the Texans aren’t inclined to make a bad deal. They’d rather make no deal. And they’d rather Watson play for them until it’s time to make a deal.
I think Caserio, DW4 & his agent have all been secretly in communication with 1 another since roughly a week before TC started & have more or less struck a deal that says the FO will eventually fulfill his trade demands this year if/when a deal comes along that makes sense for both parties. I think both would've wanted to have had this done before TC & at the start of it i believe they actually did have something in the works with at least 1 team early on.... which is why DW4 wasn't doing anything (avoiding injury) but then the deal fell thru...Since then, I think they've pivoted & have extended this deal indefinitely.

For NC's part, i believe he has asked DW4 to help him out by relaxing his NTC..... at least a little bit......& also to keep an open mind about coming back into the fold & playing for the Texans if he is called into service....at least on an interim basis that is...... if nothing materializes right away..........

I think that's why you saw DW4 out there today after missing 5 practice days

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

How many front office NFL executives have Sports Illustrated cover stories written about them? And revealing some rather unscrupulous ways about him, as well.

This was before Watson's situation was made public.

Separate the emotions of the Watson situation and if you're objective, it's clear that Cal McNair was in way over his head, had no inherent ability to run a pro football franchise that he had inherited, and was grasping at straws for help. Jack Easterby was right there to fill that void. He's still not qualified according to his resume, but for Cal McNair he was qualified to be his new BFF, and that's all that matters.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
How many front office NFL executives have Sports Illustrated cover stories written about them? And revealing some rather unscrupulous ways about him, as well.

This was before Watson's situation was made public.

Separate the emotions of the Watson situation and if you're objective, it's clear that Cal McNair was in way over his head, had no inherent ability to run a pro football franchise that he had inherited, and was grasping at straws for help. Jack Easterby was right there to fill that void. He's still not qualified according to his resume, but for Cal McNair he was qualified to be his new BFF, and that's all that matters.
The Oilers were a horrid mess with occasional bright spots, the Texans are an even worse horrid mess with hardly any bright spots. It's really tough being an NFL fan in Houston. I don't see that changing unless we should accidentally get a functional front office and coaching staff that can run the team right despite the ownership.

TripleTap

Dead Wood
Suggest Texans apologize to Watson for not correctly identifying his problem as a health and mental health issue and trying to help him along those lines while not ever condoning the activity for which he is under scrutiny. Suggest they start now offering to help him thus (if they haven’t already) and find out if he is reachable along these lines. Trading him remains, of course, a possibility, if any other franchise is willing to both adopt this posture and offer a sufficient return to Texans. Right now it seems no other franchise willing to make credible offer.

Dejaview

All Pro
Wait
Suggest Texans apologize to Watson for not correctly identifying his problem as a health and mental health issue and trying to help him along those lines while not ever condoning the activity for which he is under scrutiny. Suggest they start now offering to help him thus (if they haven’t already) and find out if he is reachable along these lines. Trading him remains, of course, a possibility, if any other franchise is willing to both adopt this posture and offer a sufficient return to Texans. Right now it seems no other franchise willing to make credible offer.
Wait. If I’m reading these posts correctly (and admittedly I haven’t been following them lately) DW knew of pending lawsuits before he asked for a trade? You want to blame the Texans for not identifying his “mental” health issue? It seems DW should apologize to the Texans and the NFL for being so selfish and manipulative for trying to screw them and the team he may have been traded to. that’s selfish immaturity.

TripleTap

Dead Wood
Blame game not in our best interests. Best idea is to fix the problem. Doesn’t really matter what you have to do to fix it. We (the Texans or the mental cases on this msg board) are not the Lord High Executioners. We either think of something that might be productive or go on slagging the dopey QB who acted like a dope/criminal and got himself into this mess.

Mangler

Toro de España
Blame game not in our best interests. Best idea is to fix the problem. Doesn’t really matter what you have to do to fix it. We (the Texans or the mental cases on this msg board) are not the Lord High Executioners. We either think of something that might be productive or go on slagging the dopey QB who acted like a dope/criminal and got himself into this mess.
Exactly! Neither Jack Easterby or Cal McNair told him to sexually assault women! There’s no conspiracy, the Texans organization did not set Watson up because they’re neighbors to the high profile lawyer who is representing the women he sexually assaulted. River Oaks is where the high rollers have always lived, Buzbee is also NOT a Texans fan. What’s next? The Texans are a racist organization?

Last edited: