Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Minicamp, OTA’s and Preseason

I'm not following you.

I've got no issues looking in the mirror.

For the record, I wasn't a Bortles guy. I dont call people out for wanting players they didn't want.

You, for instance wanted DW4, just like RS did and now for the next 5 yrs Cal/Texans org will have to live with the consequences of that decision. It is what it is.

Lol, this thread isn't about DW4, but even so I've got no regrets about us taking DW4...I'm a grown man and can admit things didn't work out...& not for why you may think either. Aside from that, you act like he wasn't going to be taken in the 1st round by someone if we didn't take him @ 12....... so just stop it please. You were wrong about his play on the field & you're wrong now on Jimmy G.

Everyone knows your posting style. You're stubborn...most times with no real solid reasoning and/or evidence to warrant it... Admirable in 1 sense, annoying as *&^% in another. DW4 being a top qb.......potus #45.......This Jimmy G is a good QB thing is just the latest hill you've chose to die on & you're just flat out wrong. 76 posted numbers showing you you're wrong, Jimmy G's former & current employers have told you you were wrong by trading him away & drafting his successor .................& you're still on this nonsense.

Lol, this thread isn't about DW4, but even so I've got no regrets about us taking DW4...I'm a grown man and can admit things didn't work out...& not for why you may think either. Aside from that, you act like he wasn't going to be taken in the 1st round by someone if we didn't take him @ 12....... so just stop it please. You were wrong about his play on the field & you're wrong now on Jimmy G.

Everyone knows your posting style. You're stubborn...most times with no real solid reasoning and/or evidence to warrant it... Admirable in 1 sense, annoying as *&^% in another. DW4 being a top qb.......potus #45.......This Jimmy G is a good QB thing is just the latest hill you've chose to die on & you're just flat out wrong. 76 posted numbers showing you you're wrong, Jimmy G's former & current employers have told you you were wrong by trading him away & drafting his successor .................& you're still on this nonsense.

You aren't the 1st person to call me stubborn, nor will you be the last.

I like QBs that win instead of putting up a bunch of hollow numbers on a losing team.

I don't care what 76 puts up numbers wise

I look at jimmy G this way, Belichick was willing to go to war to keep him and Lil Shanny was willing to trade for Jimmy G and pay him like a franchise QB. I will go with some of the greatest football minds over what a bunch of keyboard warriors opinions might be.

I look at jimmy G this way, Belichick was willing to go to war to keep him
... uh, no he wasn’t.

I mean it may have been reported somewhere, I haven’t seen it. But neither JimmyG or Brady is in NE. So... I’m not seeing any war Belichick was involved in.

But, Belichick has Hoyer so I guess us message board GMs got that one wrong too.

... uh, no he wasn’t.

I mean it may have been reported somewhere, I haven’t seen it. But neither JimmyG or Brady is in NE. So... I’m not seeing any war Belichick was involved in.

But, Belichick has Hoyer so I guess us message board GMs got that one wrong too.

It was reported (No I'm not going to look it up) that Belichick didn't play Butler in the Philly SB in retaliation for Kraft making Belichick trade Jimmy G.

There's plenty of discussion on this topic out there if you want to look it up. (Kraft/Belichick)

It was reported (No I'm not going to look it up) that Belichick didn't play Butler in the Philly SB in retaliation for Kraft making Belichick trade Jimmy G.

There's plenty of discussion on this topic out there if you want to look it up. (Kraft/Belichick)
:tinfoil:

Why did Kraft “make” Belichick trade JimmyG? To make Brady happy? Brady is in Tampa.

I hear what you’re saying, some yahoo reported it. But looking at NE’s QB roster today makes me think he was making up more than he wasn’t. I definitely wouldn’t repeat it as reliable information.

:tinfoil:

Why did Kraft “make” Belichick trade JimmyG? To make Brady happy? Brady is in Tampa.

I hear what you’re saying, some yahoo reported it. But looking at NE’s QB roster today makes me think he was making up more than he wasn’t. I definitely wouldn’t repeat it as reliable information.

It was said at the time.

Brady asked Kraft to trade Jimmy G, Kraft went along with Brady over Belichick. The Pats didn't win the SB that yr but beat the Rams the next yr. Ultimately, Kraft made the right call. The Pats got another ring.

It was said at the time.

Brady asked Kraft to trade Jimmy G, Kraft went along with Brady over Belichick. The Pats didn't win the SB that yr but beat the Rams the next yr. Ultimately, Kraft made the right call. The Pats got another ring.
The Patriots cannot afford to keep Jimmy G , unless he's really good.

His rookie deal was about to be up.
Paying him and Brady at the same time wouldn't leave enough money to build a competitive team.

I don't care whatever BB said to the press.
He's not dumb.
I don't believe for a minute that they were willing to offer $17-18M per to Jimmy G. back then.

It makes more sense that he was trying to trump up for some team to agree to trade for Jimmy.
If Jimmy was all that good, there would have been at least some kind of a bidding war for him.

To obtain Matt Schaub (who also had 3 years in the league up to that point similar to Jimmy), the Texans had to:
- Moved down two spots in the first (which was already huge)
- spent pick no. 39.
- spent a second round future pick (which was almost guaranteed to be fairly high to medium).

To obtain Jimmy G., all the Niners gave up was the 43rd pick.
That was it.

Just seems like the Texans have assembled a bunch of coaches who take pride in coaching up players. I believe that would go for Culley as well. Look forward to see what this staff can do with the players Caserio brought in for the 2021 season.

Man me too I understand the doubt in a lot of fans. But I believe there’s some positive somewhere. That’s the reason why I post this type of info.

It was said at the time.
A lot of things are said, all the time. But what is said isn’t always true.

We can see neither Garapolo or Brady is in New England right now.

So who won? I don’t think anyone won because it doesn’t look like anyone went to war. Belichick & Kraft are like peas in a pod, loving life in NE & not thinking about JimmyG.

A lot of things are said, all the time. But what is said isn’t always true.

We can see neither Garapolo or Brady is in New England right now.

So who won? I don’t think anyone won because it doesn’t look like anyone went to war. Belichick & Kraft are like peas in a pod, loving life in NE & not thinking about JimmyG.

Kraft and Brady won because they got another SB.

You can choose to believe reported things or not. I believe either Curran or Voilin reported this and they're very in tune with the Pats org. This also included Belichick not liking the Brady/Guerro relationship.

Not much of a war, that’s all I’m saying. Belichick “going to war” sounds like bunk, since he didn’t do anything.

If he’d have left NE... now that’s going to war.

As is, Belichick wasn’t willing to bleed for Garapolo. We know this because he didn’t shed a drop. Regardless who reported otherwise

Not much of a war, that’s all I’m saying. Belichick “going to war” sounds like bunk, since he didn’t do anything.

If he’d have left NE... now that’s going to war.

As is, Belichick wasn’t willing to bleed for Garapolo. We know this because he didn’t shed a drop. Regardless who reported otherwise

This wasn't about Jimmy G, this was about Belichick maintaining control. He didn't want to trade Jimmy G but Kraft Brady made him do it. Teddy J talked about these dynamics on 610 back when this went down and yes Belichick did respond by not playing Butler in a SB. That move probably cost Belichick/Brady another championship. But Belichick proved his point.

You can choose to believe what's been reported by veteran reporters on the Foxboro scene or not. Doesn't really matter to me. I know you could have text messages confirming this but as the DW4 thing has proven that wouldn't matter either because when posters mind are made up they're made up. It is what it is.

If that’s going to war, I’m glad he’s leading a football team & not troops

Not literally captain obvious. SMDH, Like I said you can call it what you want. There were serious repercussions for Kraft/Brady pulling rank on Belichick. To the tune of not giving his team its best chance to win a SB.

Willing to not play one of his best CB's in a SB to prove a point. How would you feel about this if you were a Pats fan?

Call it whatever you want.

Last edited:
Not literally captain obvious. SMDH, Like I said you can call it what you want. There were serious repercussions for Kraft/Brady pulling rank on Belichick. To the tune of not giving his team its best chance to win a SB.

Willing to not play one of his best CB's in a SB to prove a point. How would you feel about this if you were a Pats fan?

Call it whatever you want.
If he benched Brady, that would be an act of war.

"Kid is smart, I mean, gosh, he went to Stanford," joked Cooks. "(He's) picking up the offense pretty fast, the guy can sling it, he's confident and you love to see that from a young guy."

"Kid is smart, I mean, gosh, he went to Stanford," joked Cooks. "(He's) picking up the offense pretty fast, the guy can sling it, he's confident and you love to see that from a young guy."
Also said Collins has "natural" hands.

Good job Baller. Man, is it me or do these players seem excited and motivated. Also when have we ever seen a coach talk about his coaching philosophy and his players as much as DC. I’m really enjoying this new era.

Has anyone noticed how short training camp is, before they get into the shortened preseason games.

This year all teams report to training camp on the same day, July 27. There is only 2 1/2 weeks of workouts before the first preseason game on August 14.

This really isn't good for rookies to earn a starting position or to fully learn their playbook. This is particularly bad for rookie quarterbacks. Even newly acquired veterans.

The way things are currently set up, teams need to have a high percentage of continuity to begin the season well; then break in rookies as the season progresses.

I would think that this would also trend toward a simplification of the game.

Has anyone noticed how short training camp is, before they get into the shortened preseason games.

This year all teams report to training camp on the same day, July 27. There is only 2 1/2 weeks of workouts before the first preseason game on August 14.

This really isn't good for rookies to earn a starting position or to fully learn their playbook. This is particularly bad for rookie quarterbacks. Even newly acquired veterans.

The way things are currently set up, teams need to have a high percentage of continuity to begin the season well; then break in rookies as the season progresses.

Do you know if there is an increased number of OTA’s etc or if they have ramped up zoom meetings? Wonder if NC incorporated this change with his emphasis on getting a bunch of one year contracts for TC competition?

Do you know if there is an increased number of OTA’s etc or if they have ramped up zoom meetings? Wonder if NC incorporated this change with his emphasis on getting a bunch of one year contracts for TC competition?
I haven't looked extensively at OTA's, but I haven't noticed any major changes. Perhaps other posters could comment. But your last comment has merit and there has been extensive comment about this season, and the short term contracts, being a bridge to where the Texans are wanting to go in 2022 and 2023. Me personally, I could see smart managent taking the structure of the game into account in building a team and with contracts.

From what I remember, they always start around that date.

You must be young. Back in the 70's and 80's training camp lasted up to 8 weeks and were brutal. Things began to change in the early 2000's, but googling, it seems real change has occurred in the past 10 years.
Oh, I remember. 6 pre-season games too.
But ever since the Texans have been in the league, camp has started the last week of July. And the July 27th start is still going to be 6+ weeks before the opener.

Oh, I remember. 6 pre-season games too.
But ever since the Texans have been in the league, camp has started the last week of July. And the July 27th start is still going to be 6+ weeks before the opener.
Did a little googling and you are correct. Thanks.

"We just recently got him on the field" -- Culley on Taylor. Amazing how baffled local sports media has been on this. Taylor hadn't done an in person press conference because he wasn't in person yet. How do I know this and McClain or any of the rest of them didn't? Not. That. Difficult.

This is a screengrab of 'Bubba' from 610 radio from Twitter:

hvCk9Uf.png

He can talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and say absolutely nothing. :listening

It's all about him, but as you can see his bulb is pretty dim.

"We just recently got him on the field" -- Culley on Taylor. Amazing how baffled local sports media has been on this. Taylor hadn't done an in person press conference because he wasn't in person yet. How do I know this and McClain or any of the rest of them didn't? Not. That. Difficult
It’s the Patriot Way. That’s all they care about

Or is it the Caserio way?

Something else to ponder.

:coffee:
Right.
The Patriot way moved to Florida and is still winning Lombardi's. Meanwhile, the actual Patriots looked worse than even what we've seen from the Texans the last few years.

Right.
The Patriot way moved to Florida and is still winning Lombardi's. Meanwhile, the actual Patriots looked worse than even what we've seen from the Texans the last few years.

The Pats didn't have a QB last yr.

Give them a couple of yrs to let their QB grow, then we can talk. Between not having a QB and Covid plus Covid opt outs, what happened to the Pats last yr shouldn't be surprising. What surprised me is they won as many games as they did. Covid also wiped out the Pats biggest advantage, (Great Coaching)

I actually LMAO at posters openly rooting for the Pats demise. I frankly dont understand why posters hate greatness.

Back