Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans / Lamar Jackson SI article

sandman

Brexit Advisor
I don't think anyone but Lamar believe it would be Watson's.

Everyone else knew that was a Haslam/Cleveland anomaly and they alone (Clev) could lie in the bed they made for just themselves.
$260 million with $185 guaranteed. Just a paltry $45 million less guaranteed money than Watson.

Total and guaranteed are exactly $5 million more than Hurts. Enough to say he is the highest paid annual salary by $1 million more than Hurts.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I dont even think that Lamar thought that..i just think the Ravens tried to sneak one by him 1 too
many times during the negotiations because he didn’t have an agent and he kept catching their asses red handed.

i think he was always willing to sign a deal that wasn’t fully guaranteed, The Ravens just kept trying to get over. Those kind of games breed contempt & make you feel like they don’t want you.

i think too, he held their foot to the fire about getting him some weaponry on the outside. Read somewhere he wanted them to go out and get Beckham or D-hop.. who knows if it was true, but i think he wanted to see them do something for him in good faith before he ultimately committed.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
$260 million with $185 guaranteed. Just a paltry $45 million less guaranteed money than Watson.

Total and guaranteed are exactly $5 million more than Hurts. Enough to say he is the highest paid annual salary by $1 million more than Hurts.
Hurts' deal was initially reported at $179M guaranteed with further details explaining $110M in actual fully guaranteed money.

Just based on what we've seen so far I suspect Lamar's deal to be just a bit north of that as well.

Reactions: JB

badboy

Hall of Fame

Plus no cut to an agent. Seems LJ did extremely well. Also got Team to get him a WR he likes.

Xopher

Rookie
The guy signs for 260 million, but can't even show up to OTAs on time? It would be no big deal, but the Ravens are installing an entirely new offense. I'm sorry, but I expect more out of a guy who just signed for 260 million.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The guy signs for 260 million, but can't even show up to OTAs on time? It would be no big deal, but the Ravens are installing an entirely new offense. I'm sorry, but I expect more out of a guy who just signed for 260 million.

Maybe he won't be ready for the Texans week 1 :rolleyes: