Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TEXANS KICKOFF 2020 SEASON AGAINST THE CHIEFS

You no more know that than a man on the moon. This statement obviously takes nothing else into consideration except the final result. How did the final result arrive?

Are you stating that OB is in the same league as Reid?

Are you stating the OB offensive game plan is in the same league as the Chiefs?

Are you stating that the Texans personnel is at the same level across the board?

Are you stating that OB’s in game adjustments are in the same league as Reid’s?

Take the time out and answer these questions independently....and without using Watson’s name In any answer. I’m sure everyone on this board will be curious to see your answers.

I know the Texans HC/QB aren't in the same league as the Chiefs HC/QB and posters who think either the Texans HC or QB or better are just fanboys.

I'm actually looking forward to BOB being fired so I can hear the fanboys excuses for DW4 over the next 4 yrs. It should be quite entertaining and isn't this what the Texans org is all about? Style over substance.

I know the Texans HC/QB aren't in the same league as the Chiefs HC/QB and posters who think either the Texans HC or QB or better are just fanboys.

I'm actually looking forward to BOB being fired so I can hear the fanboys excuses for DW4 over the next 4 yrs. It should be quite entertaining and isn't this what the Texans org is all about? Style over substance.
Unfortunately, BOB the HC and the GM will be leaving with a big mess left behind.
It sucks to be Texans fans.

You didn’t answer one of the questions as expected.

One last question. Most of us on this board were really impressed with Watson’s first six games and were in high expectations for the following season. What happened in the second season? Don’t use the worthless answer of, teams now had film.....DC’s had film after his 2nd start and it didn’t make a difference. So what could possibly be the best reason that comes to mind?

One last question. Most of us on this board were really impressed with Watson’s first six games and were in high expectations for the following season. What happened in the second season? Don’t use the worthless answer of, teams now had film.....DC’s had film after his 2nd start and it didn’t make a difference. So what could possibly be the best reason that comes to mind?
O'Brien said he would change the scheme to fit Watson better, and those changes are the stale as month-old bread that we've been seeing ever since.

O'Brien said he would change the scheme to fit Watson better, and those changes are the stale as month-old bread that we've been seeing ever since.

Concur!!! He didn’t change shite except whacking that round peg a couple more times.

You no more know that than a man on the moon. This statement obviously takes nothing else into consideration except the final result. How did the final result arrive?

Are you stating that the Texans personnel is at the same level across the board?

Take the time out and answer these questions independently....and without using Watson’s name In any answer. I’m sure everyone on this board will be curious to see your answers.

Except me because I’m completely done talking football with certain members on this board.

O’Brien went back to his dead offense in an attempt to show everyone that it works. And he’s too stubborn to go back to what worked back then.

Yes, DC's watch film and make adjustments during the offseason. The adjustment they made was to rush the DE's wide up field and make DW4 make plays from the pocket. There's not alot an OC can do to make a QB more accurate throwing from the pocket. See: the 5 yd passes that were missed last game that had potential to be 1st downs.

Sorry but 6 bad games and counting and this isn't ALL on BOB.

Yes, DC's watch film and make adjustments during the offseason. The adjustment they made was to rush the DE's wide up field and make DW4 make plays from the pocket. There's not alot an OC can do to make a QB more accurate throwing from the pocket. See: the 5 yd passes that were missed last game that had potential to be 1st downs.

To answer your questions directly since obviously my post must not have been clear enough, No to all of the above questions. But it certainly helps to make adjustments with a generational QB. Something the Texans dont even come close to having.

What worked back then wont work now since DC's made the proper adjustments.

Again....has OB “ever” strategically utilized that game plan for an entire game since using it in Watson’s rookie season?

Bob, the answer would be a resounding no!!!

So, there is absolutely zero evidence proving it would fail?

Again Bob, there would be zero evidence to support this line of thought.

Bob, is there anything we do know for certain? Yes, its been 97 games and counting for the OB rein of failure.

Last edited:

Good to great DC’s don’t have to wait for the off-season....they can make changes in game, by the next game for the team scheduled next, or before they see him for the second time in the same season.

Again....has OB “ever” strategically utilized that game plan for an entire game since using it in Watson’s rookie season?

Bob, the answer would be resounding no!!!

So, there is absolutely zero evidence proving it would fail?

Again Bob, there would be zero evidence to support this line of thought.

Bob, is there anything we do know for certain? Yes, its been 97 games and counting for the OB rein of failure.
Tecmo Bowl has more play design than OB’s playbook.

Good to great DC’s don’t have to wait for the off-season....they can make changes in game, by the next game for the team scheduled next, or before they see him for the second time in the same season.

How many QB's have you seen over the yrs look really good and then tail off? Not terrible but far from the stars that they were.

Some Colin guy seems to jump into my memory.

Back