Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans interested in RB Chris Brown | Update: Signed

I dont think Walker or Green will be on the roster on opening day.

Hmm..I don't know at this point. We've heard so little about Ahman Green's injury that it could be a bad sign. But on the other hand if Ahman is fully healthy then he can clearly be a good running back. Walker on the other hand I think is too small to be a full time starter but he can be a situational guy. But I don't think the Texans will keep this many backs on the team if they decide to draft one.

i think our rb situation is now all about strength in numbers, no way all these guys are hurt, imagine if chris taylor lives up to the message board hype along with a healthy green, brown, and walker. WOW. now all we need to do is cut down on the turnovers.

i think our rb situation is now all about strength in numbers, no way all these guys are hurt, imagine if chris taylor lives up to the message board hype along with a healthy green, brown, and walker. WOW. now all we need to do is cut down on the turnovers.

I think running the ball will cut down on turnovers themselves. Since we didnt have much of a running game, we somehow became one of the top passing offenses in the league stat wise. 11th according to NFL.com. So we pass less, drastically reduces INTs.

A ground game will open up play action as well as keep defenses more honest.

Then again when we do run we have to HOLD ON to the ball....thats a whole other story.

Well, maybe the thought is around the odds of both Green and Brown injured at the same time will be low. Either of those two would be terrific when they are healthy.

It doesn't matter now, the deal is done and Brown is a Texan. As with anything else they do, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

"Going back on topic to Chris Brown for a second"

Ahman Green, "I wish we would have known each other... THAT was a little awkward." haha

Nice! The only thing getting me through this thread are the Tommy Boy quotes.

"Your brain has a thin candy shell".....what a freaking great movie.

As far as the Chris Brown thing, I want to see the $ before I rush to judgement. I think he can be a good back when healthy as everybody and their dog has said. Should make for an interesting camp.

This injury thing is being overblown. Brown has missed one game due to injury in the past three seasons.

I don't have any numbers for you, but I had Chris Brown on my fantasy team a few years back. The guy didn't miss games, but he'd go out injured at the half all the damn time. There were some games where he ran for 100+ yards in the first half - and then nothing the rest of the game. That's where the injury rap comes from.

I think running the ball will cut down on turnovers themselves. Since we didnt have much of a running game, we somehow became one of the top passing offenses in the league stat wise. 11th according to NFL.com. So we pass less, drastically reduces INTs.

Then again when we do run we have to HOLD ON to the ball....thats a whole other story.

I saw he had like 12 fumbles (7 lost) in 5 or 6 years (however long he has been in )
one fumble all of last year if i looked at the stat right

I thought Brown didn't play in a lot of the games because he was in Fishers doghouse

I tried to look up what injuries he had but haven't found it yet

I don't have any numbers for you, but I had Chris Brown on my fantasy team a few years back. The guy didn't miss games, but he'd go out injured at the half all the damn time. There were some games where he ran for 100+ yards in the first half - and then nothing the rest of the game. That's where the injury rap comes from.

He definitely gets dinged, I am just trying to get across to people that are acting like he will be lucky to play in 4 games next year that he generally answers the bell for the start of the game.

I saw he had like 12 fumbles (7 lost) in 5 or 6 years (however long he has been in )
one fumble all of last year if i looked at the stat right

yeah i just saw that. thanks for the info. With that in mind i think this could be a better pick up then people realize.

Im almost over the bitterness that we didnt go after Michael Turner LOL oh well.

off topic but titans board is talking about Alexander being a Titan and (profootballtalk rumor) and some are freaking out that they don't want him
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34885
What is our fixation with picking up these running backs that are slow as hell and only average 3 yards a carry? Are we ever going to get some interest in..dare I say it..SPEED?

Nah, we like "time of possession" and losing at the end, good call. No more Seahawk rejects Mike, k?

:lol:

I have never really seen Chris Brown play - and I can see that he's had some injury issues in the past - but when he's healthy, is this guy the goods?

Just trying to figure out if this signing is something to be excited about.

This what I remember anytime Chris Brown is mentioned:

chrisbrownhitedited8sx.gif

DE-CLEATED!!!

So, looks like our RB's by training camp will be Chris Brown, Ahman Green, Darius Walker, and Chris Taylor. We can work with that.

Just trying to figure out if this signing is something to be excited about.

From the stand point of not going into next season relying on Green and Dayne I would say yes. Plus, he is no longer a tack. Although this means that Alexander will probably be a tack.

Not a bad signing but not one that gets me real excited either. From my recollection of watching him play he has decent speed and is fairly physical. If we end up keeping him and Green, hopefully the two of them together can put together an entire season. We came into last season with a bunch of veterans in the WR corp who had big question marks, and they turned out alright, hopefully the RB's can do the same next year.

No, he hasn't.

I said earlier that I will get on his bandwagon if he signs so I will back him as a Texan, but for whatever reason, either ineffective play or injuries, Brown has never played a full 16 game season.

In his rookie year, 2003, he played in 11 games with 0 starts.

In 2004 he played in 11 games with 11 starts.

In 2005 he played in 15 games with 14 starts.

In 2006 he played in 5 games with 3 starts.

In 2007 he played in 12 games with 1 start.

this is all true, did the pats get any points off the ny turnovers in the superbowl?, i don't think they did, could be wrong, it's looks like we will have a kickass offense, however our defense lead the league in points allowed off turnovers and we still need to build a championship defense. i'm all for controlling the clock but our defense still has holes and turnovers will happen

this is all true, did the pats get any points off the ny turnovers in the superbowl?, i don't think they did, could be wrong, it's looks like we will have a kickass offense, however our defense lead the league in points allowed off turnovers and we still need to build a championship defense. i'm all for controlling the clock but our defense still has holes and turnovers will happen

Man Assante Samuel missed at LEAST 3 picks in the SB right through his hands....and what does he get a 54 million contract LOL

My Def. Coord always said. "you gotta catch the ones they throw to you"

Training camp is going to be really interesting.
Green, Brown, Taylor, Walker

And I'm still not convinced we won't pick up one more in the draft or as an undrafted walk on.

This what I remember anytime Chris Brown is mentioned:

chrisbrownhitedited8sx.gif

DE-CLEATED!!!

Things that make you say "DAAAAMNNN"!!!!! You got....jacked up! JK, happy to see Brown is a Texan. Better to have a 2 year deal with a solid back than a 4 year deal with a RB that's over the hill. (*cough*Green)

Man Assante Samuel missed at LEAST 3 picks in the SB right through his hands....and what does he get a 54 million contract LOL

My Def. Coord always said. "you gotta catch the ones they throw to you"

i though the same thing, he also didn't lay the wood on that crazy ass catch that won the game for ny, he had afront row seat

If memory serves me, didn't Chris Brown have a case of fumble-itis when he was the "man" in Tack town?
All in all, this is another idonno: signing for me . I do like the fact there should be some fierce competition in TC. I hope Brown and Green survive it.:shades:

Wow, maybe we can put all of our current RB's together and form some sort of shitty RB Voltron.

I'll be skeptical of this signing. He seems like he can be a good back, but that's about all he's accomplished in his 5 years.

Things that make you say "DAAAAMNNN"!!!!! You got....jacked up! JK, happy to see Brown is a Texan. Better to have a 2 year deal with a solid back than a 4 year deal with a RB that's over the hill. (*cough*Green)
u

You know that hit is what started all of this for Chris Brown. I remember he was tearing it up and being considered one of the best young RBs in the league until that hit.

Maybe if we get Simmons to lay another one of those on him, he can get knocked back to being the old Chris Brown.

I said earlier that I will get on his bandwagon if he signs so I will back him as a Texan, but for whatever reason, either ineffective play or injuries, Brown has never played a full 16 game season.

In his rookie year, 2003, he played in 11 games with 0 starts.

In 2004 he played in 11 games with 11 starts.

In 2005 he played in 15 games with 14 starts.

In 2006 he played in 5 games with 3 starts.

In 2007 he played in 12 games with 1 start.

This really isnt a fair assesment, 2004 was his rookie season and did not begin the year as a starter, 2006 and 2007 Bud had to make himself look good for drafting White and Henry.

For some reason the Titans never really liked Brown. I always thought he was the best back on there team and they never chose to play him.

Heard about this earlier.

If he's good for the two games we play against the Titans (You know how player are when they play against their old teams.) well it sure helps our sucky division record.

Not really excited about it, but with our RB situation need all the help we get so...welcome to H-Town Chris Brown.

I like Chris Brown...I think he runs hard, and he has some talent...the guy doesn't suck...

I think if you take into account that our run blocking will likely be better, this is a pretty good signing...

I think that with a good stable of running backs our run game will be o.k...Honestly I don't care who's carrying the ball...I just want good run production as a team...

The Texans have probably been interested in him because of his out of the backfield catching prowess, fearless blitz pick up........and he has admittedly been the best 3rd down back that the Tacks have had for years.

The Texans have probably been interested in him because of his out of the backfield catching prowess, fearless blitz pick up........and he has admittedly been the best 3rd down back that the Tacks have had for years.

Any way you slice it, this is a solid pick up. Anything to keep Dayne from coming back.

Now that I have said that Brown will blow a knee, Taylor will pop a hammy, Walker will have been cut and signed by another team, Green will retire, and our draft pick couldnt carry a glass of water with two hands. And then there he will be, Ron Dayne, just waiting for the call.

And then there he will be, Ron Dayne, just waiting for the call.

And the tears from all Texans fans will flow like the rains of 40 days and 40 nights.

With having Green and Brown on the roster you know that at some point Walker and Taylor will both probably get their shots this season.

Here are Brown's career fumble numbers.

Fumbles-Lost
2003 1-0
2004 6-4
2005 4-3
2006 1-0
2007 1-1

Pretty bad in the past, but not so bad last year. 2006 is thrown out because he barely played.

Back