Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans GM Interviews...

Might be a good coach, who knows? He’s doing a decently fine job considering. I’m not saying he should stay, or that he should be our OC.

But we’re likely to get an OC next season who’s never been an OC before.

If we get an established play caller like Daboll then an experienced OC like Kelly wouldn’t be a bad idea. Might get us where we want to be faster.
Perhaps. I just want them all gone. Stench is on each one of them and Tydi Bowl isn't enough for me. Flush and get new water.

I have posted a link more than once..., and anyone who is not aware of the situation is living in a cave or something.

Some posters just enjoy acting like A-Holes.

Truth is when I post something but dont have a link, they can either choose to 1. Believe me. 2. Look it up. 3. Choose not to believe me.

No sweat off of my back with whatever they choose to do. They and their opinions of me dont matter one bit.

Truth is when I post something but dont have a link, they can either choose to 1. Believe me. 2. Look it up. 3. Choose not to believe me.

No sweat off of my back with whatever they choose to do. They and their opinions of me dont matter one bit.

Well said

But that doesn’t make sense. Only someone who isn’t be truthful refuses to post a reference. If you say you read something then share it. The rest of us would like to see it. Why should we look for an article when we don’t know what it looks like nor do we know if it actually exists.

DB,

Jeff Luhnow says hi!

Not sure what Jeff Luhnow has to do with the Texans GM search. . . :um:

Twice now you have either ignored or missed that I did post an article supporting my points so please allow me to post it again.

I even admitted that it is the opposite of the SI one and is basically a fluff piece but seeing as apparently the only thing that matters is posting something there it is.

Nah, I did not ignore it.

My question is if you actually bothered to read (and comprehend) it. It does not seem to paint the happy shiny picture that you seem to believe.

According to your article, Easterby is merely a camp counselor and unqualified in any sort of way to be an NFL executive, but Cal likes him a lot and Jack appears to be very influential in the Texans front office.

This according to your article:

"Jack Easterby will have a significant role in helping shape our future here within the Texans. He is going to be an incredibly valuable part of our franchise moving forward." - Cal McNair

In the end, I'll judge the tree by its fruit.

My question is if you actually bothered to read (and comprehend) it. It does not seem to paint the happy shiny picture that you seem to believe.

According to your article, Easterby is merely a camp counselor and unqualified in any sort of way to be an NFL executive, but Cal likes him a lot and Jack appears to be very influential in the Texans front office.

"Jack Easterby will have a significant role in helping shape our future here within the Texans. He is going to be an incredibly valuable part of our franchise moving forward." - Cal McNair

I was just pointing out how the media is vindictive when you get on their bad side, like the Texans did when they fired Palcic.

But that doesn’t make sense. Only someone who isn’t be truthful refuses to post a reference. If you say you read something then share it. The rest of us would like to see it. Why should we look for an article when we don’t know what it looks like nor do we know if it actually exists.

Untrue, I have read articles multiple times days before. And someone mentions something so you say you read something about it. Plus it is on the net and most should have seen it. However, depending on the member if they think "ok yeah I recall that somewhat" or "I demand proof". The second is lazy. After 2-3 days do you always remember what you saw or reads location? Was it the radio, what search words, was it something you just stumbled on.

On a forum you post something. If people disagree with you it's ok if they agree it's ok. If you post a link as soon as you see it even though it is written some still cry foul. So, bottom line is just agree or don't. If a link is around even better I agree. But I am not going to hunt down something I posted previous in another thread or saw weeks ago unless I remember correctly where I saw it or heard it. Seeing as I stated even if you do...1/2 the people who reply still say it's wrong. That's useless to take the time away from my (or if you posted something) personal life to back track all of the articles on a topic to find the right one for what someone wants to hear

Untrue, I have read articles multiple times days before. And someone mentions something so you say you read something about it. Plus it is on the net and most should have seen it. However, depending on the member if they think "ok yeah I recall that somewhat" or "I demand proof". The second is lazy. After 2-3 days do you always remember what you saw or reads location? Was it the radio, what search words, was it something you just stumbled on.

On a forum you post something. If people disagree with you it's ok if they agree it's ok. If you post a link as soon as you see it even though it is written some still cry foul. So, bottom line is just agree or don't. If a link is around even better I agree. But I am not going to hunt down something I posted previous in another thread or saw weeks ago unless I remember correctly where I saw it or heard it. Seeing as I stated even if you do...1/2 the people who reply still say it's wrong. That's useless to take the time away from my (or if you posted something) personal life to back track all of the articles on a topic to find the right one for what someone wants to hear

So it's too hard for you to look up what / where you heard whatever you post using oh say 'Google' - but if a poster asks you to provide a link you ask them to use 'Google' - and you're calling THEM lazy if they don't want to take the time to look up what you say?

OK.

Posted like someone who likes to present opinion and personal agendas as fact.
It's a long-standing tradition on this MB for the person asserting a particular item as a fact also post a link to the source of that fact.

Posted like someone who likes to present opinion and personal agendas as fact.
It's a long-standing tradition on this MB for the person asserting a particular item as a fact also post a link to the source of that fact.

No posted because either way you post link or not 1/2 say it is false. So, if I look at a link at noon, and get on sometime soon I will post it happily. If I see person "X" make a remark about something many are already talking about and I saw a link 2 weeks prior...no I am not going to go back and get it. If after 2 weeks you don't know what people are talking about and someone else mentions it... Google it. Simple as that

Then we read it very differently, I can see why you have been unable to find any article that are favorable or even neutral because you seem to have made up your mind before you have even read it.

Feel free to judge the tree by its fruit but unless you are on the inside of the Texans organization then you know nothing about the tree or it’s fruit and you are taking the word of others that claim to know, even though they can’t offer any proof, because their words match your own ideas.

I prefer not to judge a situation I know next to nothing about nor judge a man I have never met and wouldn’t recognize if I passed him on the street.

This one from McClain himself. Someone who apparently has access to Jack.

Talk show, but have the information from someone and online. That's 2 of many many more

And one some may not have heard. Easterby involved in getting Cooks? He is the kinda sorta GM assistant when OB was here.
Rehash of SI and PFT attacks on Easterby, "According to the article written by Jenny Vrentas and Greg Bishop of Sports Illustrated"

No doubt Easterby was involved and influential in the Hopkins and Cooks trade. What people do not know is, was he just doing what he had been told to do? Probably.

If....it were up to the GM. Only thing that makes sense to me, the decision was made at the very top. If Obrien did what he was told as I believe, the trade is better understood. I wonder if now that he is gone at some point Bill will clarify this matter.

No chance he loves Jack. And I don't think he will hire any HC or GM that would get rid of him. He may... but doubt it

I really hope the team hires Dorsey.

They need to hire a great talent evaluator with many contacts around the NFL and let him hire his HC. Plus let him do his job by getting the best players possible on the team and letting the GM/HC/Players do their jobs. No more of the Not Texans Worthy crap. Does this sound like Dorsey would be a perfect fit to you? To me he would be my guy, after McCloughan who's Not Texans Worthy.

They need to hire a great talent evaluator with many contacts around the NFL and let him hire his HC. Plus let him do his job by getting the best players possible on the team and letting the GM/HC/Players do their jobs. No more of the Not Texans Worthy crap. Does this sound like Dorsey would be a perfect fit to you? To me he would be my guy, after McCloughan who's Not Texans Worthy.

Man, I'd like a FO that has Dorsey (GM / Currently a Consultant with Philadelphia), Wolf (Asst GM / Currently a Consultant with NE), Highsmith (Director of Player Personnel / Currently a Personnel Executive with Seattle), Brandon Sosna (Salary Cap & Contract Analyst / Currently with Cincinnati). All have worked with Dorsey.

The Texans have got to hit on their next 3 drafts to really turn this team around and get their cap situation under control. I could see this group as more than capable of getting the Texans back on track. Toss a solid HC like Joe Brady into the mix and I think this has the makings of finally becoming a very successful organization 18 years later.

Per that standard, Dorsey is 100% the guy. He wanted Deshaun over Pat. My friend, whos a KC fan, thinks he has the best eye for talent. KC and Cleveland are where they are due to him.

Dorsey should be the target if they’re really serious about turning this thing around, ASAP!

Or maybe Gaine should’ve never been ousted. I’m sure if Butt Chin was fired instead of him, Gaine would have hired a competent HC and Hopkins would still be here. The Bills are making some serious noice and are set up for the long term while the Texans operate like a temp agency.

You can't be sure of any of this.

Gaine was fired for HR reasons.

2 mommies is the reason Hopkins isn't here and Gaine being here wouldn't have made a difference. However, maybe Gaine could've made a better deal for Hopkins.

This one from McClain himself. Someone who apparently has access to Jack.

Talk show, but have the information from someone and online. That's 2 of many many more

And one some may not have heard. Easterby involved in getting Cooks? He is the kinda sorta GM assistant when OB was here.
As I reported early on, the questionable trades, negotiations and salaries that were blamed on O'Brien, were in fact a function of Cal quietly assigning GM functions to Easterby.......a move which O'Brien was not on board with.

Bingo ! Once again you've nailed it SteelB.
I think that's the rub most of us have on the Hopkins deal, I mean just get atleast roughly equivalent value for whoever is traded.

That's not as easy as it sounds with ownership giving you a mandate.

I just wish ownership would sit back and count there money and stay out of football decisions.

Unfortunately history says this will never happen.

As I reported early on, the questionable trades, negotiations and salaries that were blamed on O'Brien, were in fact a function of Cal quietly assigning GM functions to Easterby.......a move which O'Brien was not on board with.
If true, and I'm not doubting you, merely asking a question, why hasn't the organization given the job to Easterby outright? Why go through all the trouble (and resources) of searching for a new GM?

At any rate, BoB wasn't going to get the Texans over the hump, or at least it didn't appear so. And the offense did improve after his departure. So, I'm not going to shed a tear for O'Brien. I certainly won't shed one when/if Easterby is let go either.

As far as the current GM vacancy (if there really is one), just like the HC vacancy I hope the Texans cast a wide net. Leave no stone uncovered. I have my own preference but I'll reserve judgement for whoever they hire for at least 2 years. Unless it's Easterby. He was hired as VP of Team Development in April 2019, so nobody can tell me he hasn't had some part in the regression of this franchise.

If true, and I'm not doubting you, merely asking a question, why hasn't the organization given the job to Easterby outright? Why go through all the trouble (and resources) of searching for a new GM?

At any rate, BoB wasn't going to get the Texans over the hump, or at least it didn't appear so. And the offense did improve after his departure. So, I'm not going to shed a tear for O'Brien. I certainly won't shed one when/if Easterby is let go either.

As far as the current GM vacancy (if there really is one), just like the HC vacancy I hope the Texans cast a wide net. Leave no stone uncovered. I have my own preference but I'll reserve judgement for whoever they hire for at least 2 years. Unless it's Easterby. He was hired as VP of Team Development in April 2019, so nobody can tell me he hasn't had some part in the regression of this franchise.

Easterby is on the hiring committee. I'm sure the best candidates will get the jobs. LMAO

Who are your preferences?

Because too many of the Easterby-led moves/negotiations have been questionable. With the way Cal covertly did this, he does not have to take accountability for the failed experiment of giving Easterby free hand for something he was not qualified to do. At the same time having a built-in fall guy carrying the official GM label for the failure.

Because too many of the Easterby-led moves/negotiations have been questionable. With the way Cal covertly did this, he does not have to take accountability for the failed experiment of giving Easterby free hand for something he was not qualified to do. At the same time having a built-in fall guy carrying the official GM label for the failure.
Super smart Cal, sure fooled me.

DB,

Jeff Luhnow says hi!
I didn't want to go through every page in this thread to see if this was already posted. I hope not.

Here goes..‘Hearts & Smarts’: Top Five Names For Houston Texans GM - Sports Illustrated Houston Texans News, Analysis and More

(I posted a little bit of the article so you can determine if the rest is worth reading.)

Mike Borgonzi
Director of Player Personnel - Kansas City Chiefs

Where else to start but with the reigning Super Bowl champions? Formerly the co-director of player personnel with current Chiefs GM Brett Veach, Borgonzi was promoted to his current role upon Veach's replacement of John Dorsey in 2017.

Borgonzi was always going to be a hot name this year given the team's continued success, and the fact that two others to have held his current title within the Chiefs are now NFL GM's (Veach and Colts GM Chris Ballard).

With 11 years as a scout under his belt, along with six promotions in 10 years, his experience with those at the top of his profession can only help.

"I came here in 2009 on the college [scouting] side," said Borgonzi back in 2015 per Chiefs.com. "In 2010, I moved over to operations and it gave me a broad scope of the entire organization and allowed me to see all the moving parts that go along with it. Then I moved over to pro scouting the following year (2011)."

"When I first came here with Scott (Pioli), it was Bill Belichick's way of scouting, and now learning from John (Dorsey) and the Ron Wolf philosophy, I couldn't be more fortunate than to have learned both ways."
An All-Ivy League fullback three of the four years he spent at Brown, Borgonzi would bring experience on the field as well as the front office, something that should give him an understanding with the players.

Also worth mentioning is that not only is he currently working with potential Texans head coaching candidate Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs coordinator) but (he also has the same agent as current Texans interim GM Jack Easterby who will likely remain with the team next season in some capacity.)

Whatever the case may be, I couldn't think any less of the Texans ownership than I do right now. I wonder what potential GM candidates think about Houston Texans ownership? We're all about to find out. Maybe there's a hungry front office intern interested in taking a stab at being a GM for a month or two.

I so can’t wait for this **** to be over...tired of hearing/reading about all this from folks who have no more of a clue about what’s going on off Kirby than my 6 year old.

Ready for this forum to return to something other than what it’s become lately...which is basically lipstick alley.

Back