Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans cut WR Kenny Stills!

Injury settlement coming?

At least a little cap savings?
Very little cap relief. The injury settlement is what I’m curious about. There have been reports of him being injured in the game against the Patriots which I find odd because he had ZERO snaps in that game. He was also shown on the sideline before the game even started suited up, but wearing a baseball hat. Did he get hurt during warm ups? I think the decision to split was already made.

Last edited:
With this organization it wouldnt surprise me if it happened something like this.

*Cal surfing the internet*

Texans fans and media: "Texans still suck"

Cal: *Dials phone* "Yes, cut Stills the fans and media demand it."

*hangs up*

"I did good, now they cant say we Stills suck."

Yes, I know, my jokes are horrible and I should feel bad.......

Yup. I remember people saying the 2nd rounder was for Kenny Stills. At the time, I thought that was too expensive. Now, it looks just horrendous.

Agreed, at the time i thought it was pretty decent value because we had a stacked WR group and Stills as a luxury 3rd WR sounded good. Great in theory but didn't work out so now we are losing him and getting very little back.

The break was mutual. Stills was not needed for a major role with all of the available receivers. He wanted to play on a team where he could play a greater role. His quad injury was just a minor part in the decision to release him. But underlying this whole issue was that he was vocal to the FO about the firing of Amy Palcic.

Good. Worthless in every way. Let him take his activist garbage elsewhere. Go wrote op-eds and **** instead of being a football player since that's what it seems like he wants to be. Start a podcast or a YouTube or something.

And a hearty **** you to Bill O'Brien. God I hope that guy's dinner was terrible last night.

With Miami, Stills was a WR1 or WR2. He gets to Houston and becomes a WR3 and now with Cobb, he's WR4. To his credit, I never saw him pouting on the sidelines. He was always congratulating or cheering his teammates. The Texans coaching staff have never been able to monitor snaps to distribute playing time between two RBs. It shouldn't be a surprise that they couldn't distribute snaps between 4 WRs to keep them fresh.

Now that he is gone and Cobb is on IR, expect to hold your breath every time Fuller or Cooks gets tackled. Thanks again for nothing BOB.

Last edited:
Seems like if we kept him and he signed as a FA in the offseason could have helped us with comp picks at least

Think he is hoping to sign with a team like GB before the season is out. Not sure why we would hurt ourselves to accommodate him in that, its mot like he's a Watt that has been with the team for years, buf whatever. I've come to the conclusion that the only part of football god the Texans channel is the moves in mysterious ways part.

With Miami, Stills was a WR1 or WR2. He gets to Houston and becomes a WR3 and now with Cobb, he's WR4. To his credit, I never saw him pouting on the sidelines. He was always congratulating or cheering his teammates. The Texans coaching staff have never been able to monitor snaps to distribute playing time between two RBS. It shouldn't be a surprise that they couldn't distribute snaps between 4 WRs to keep them fresh.

Now that he is gone and Cobb is on IR, expect to hold your breath every time Fuller or Cooks gets tackled. Thanks again for nothing BOB.

If Hopkins was still here I'd say he was 4 but as is I'd say he was still 3. Of course I never understood why he wasn't used more. He was a solid player with lots of speed. Put him and Fuller on the side so they can race each other and force defenses to try and keep up then use you best hands guy, use to be Hopkins guess now its Toro, in the middle.

Add in Watson being a constant run threat and a TE or catching RB and that forces defense to spread very thin or risk a big play. But then again what do I know about coaching. :shrug:

I missed the whole Amy being fired story. Was it that big? What did I miss?

Long story short she was the Texans PR person and she made some posts on her personal twitter that could have been taken as support for Biden/Harris and not long after was fired because she no longer meant the “cultural values”. Stills and Watt were two people that protested it greatly, Stills in particular.

Someone can correct me if I missed the details. I’ve tried very hard to ignore the political side of football as it just makes me not want to watch the games.

Long story short she was the Texans PR person and she made some posts on her personal twitter that could have been taken as support for Biden/Harris and not long after was fired because she no longer meant the “cultural values”. Stills and Watt were two people that protested it greatly, Stills in particular.

Someone can correct me if I missed the details. I’ve tried very hard to ignore the political side of football as it just makes me not want to watch the games.

Ty

I don't think they wanted to trade Stills before he spoke out about Amy... I'm just guessing

They didn't want to trade anyone .... I spoke of this before but Cal seems to think the team is better than it is and that simply with better scheme / coaching they magically become a contender. I don't think they are nearly as good as Cal does. This group goes as far as Watson can drag them.
I think this was worst case for the long term ....

They didn't want to trade anyone .... I spoke of this before but Cal seems to think the team is better than it is and that simply with better scheme / coaching they magically become a contender. I don't think they are nearly as good as Cal does. This group goes as far as Watson can drag them.
I think this was worst case for the long term ....
This gives me huge concern. Prospective GMs and HCs had best be interviewing with a plan to keep this great team together as they are so close to a contender (in the owner’s view) when the successful approach would be to blow it up, tank a season and start again with a great, young QB and build through the draft, aiming for a Super Bowl run by around year 3 or 4.

Let's be honest, dude was a FA and gone so no loss. The $$ we are giving Fuller and Cooks, Coulter needs to be the #3 and running two TE's a lot with 4 active last week so they see Akins as a hybrid I think. All makes sense except timing, do it before the trade deadline or in the offseason to help in comp picks so obviously a cash dump or the Amy thing got someone on high pissed enough to just order his exit. Curious if his leg is magically healed this week

Back