Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans come to terms with Arian Foster

TEXANS84

Staff member
Just got hit with that on my iphone per bleacher report.

WTG Texans! I'm so happy right now.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I just read on ESPN that the Seahawks Lynch got a 5-year deal with 18 million G, so it'll be interesting to see what Arian comes out with ?

Ryan

THIS YEAR
I just read on ESPN that the Seahawks Lynch got a 5-year deal with 18 million G, so it'll be interesting to see what Arian comes out with ?
I bet pretty close to 30 m. I'd say probably close in the 5 year, 60 million range.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Be interesting to see if Arian worked with the team to minimize first year cap hit? Great news, though.

GP

Go Texans!
Whew! Everything else flows from this.

Looks like MAYBE he was the priority, got him signed, and will now work remaining contracts with what money and cap is available.

This one scared me the most. Yates or Schaub needed this guy. I have no doubt about that. Tate needed him, too--The combination of their contrasting styles is a big factor in both guys' success, IMO.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Whew! Everything else flows from this.

Looks like MAYBE he was the priority, got him signed, and will now work remaining contracts with what money and cap is available.

This one scared me the most. Yates or Schaub needed this guy. I have no doubt about that. Tate needed him, too--The combination of their contrasting styles is a big factor in both guys' success, IMO.
Agreed. Now they need to sign Meyers.

fiasco west

All Pro
Good, can rest easy now.

Hopefully resign Myers and maybe if we are lucky convince Mario to stay here and that's all this team needs plus drafting a decent WR.

srrono

All Pro
9.something mil
thanks just found this, thats way too much money I hope they can get him signed.

The franchise tag number for offensive lineman is the same for tackles, guards and centers – an unreasonably large grouping. The team likely can’t clear roughly $9.5 million to tag Myers either, and a long-term deal for him should now be the priority.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I would suspect Myers would be next. Hopefully they can get him done today too and only have the questions looming over Mario. I am anxious to see the $$$ amount on AF's deal also...

gafftop

All Pro
Glad to see the Texans have their priorities in order. By signing Arian first you are telling him he is top priority. Exhale. I agree Myers next.

Porky

Hall of Fame
:splits::ant::toast2:

Fantastic news!! Now let's sign Myers and then see what's left for Mario and Briesel.

I wonder if they have or are about to restruture contracts or release anyone.