Thanks for your support!

Texans Claim WR Amari Rodgers

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
So Rodgers was so unimpressive as a WR that the Packers drafted 3 a year after taking Amari in the 3rd. His cutting was due to fumbles in the return game. Still, this is a good use of the waiver wire to get a really young player and see if he has something to develop on either special teams or in the slot.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So Rodgers was so unimpressive as a WR that the Packers drafted 3 a year after taking Amari in the 3rd. His cutting was due to fumbles in the return game. Still, this is a good use of the waiver wire to get a really young player and see if he has something to develop on either special teams or in the slot.
The fumbling ability works right into the tanking strategy. :brando:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Looks like he can play outside some too, after watching those highlights.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Welcome to the neighborhood Mr. Rodgers.

Its cool this time of year, get yourself some sweaters and make sure you have on the proper footwear every day.

I believe this is the beginning of something special.

It truly is a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
One advantage the Texans have over most other teams. ST coach Frank Ross. The only coach on this team I have faith can field a competent unit and develop players to perform their best.

If we see Rodgers playing ST it means Ross approved it which means he thinks he can fix whatever is broken with this player.

The Packers have had one of the worst ST units in the league going back to 2016 according to the article i’ll link below. While they are prioritizing offense and defense the Texans have been churning the back end of the roster finding the best ST players they can. The losers of their ST battles play offense and defense. Everybody knows us Texans fans only tune in for the ST part of the game where this team is ELITE!

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Gotta start somewhere - or would you suggest we sit on our hands?🤔
Not saying you don’t bring in players or make waiver claims or whatever, just commenting more on the reaction of thinking he can be something with the Texans.

He had Aaron Rodgers. You think the Texans can fix him?

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Not saying you don’t bring in players or make waiver claims or whatever, just commenting more on the reaction of thinking he can be something with the Texans.

He had Aaron Rodgers. You think the Texans can fix him?
The problem he had in Green Bay was fumbling as a returner. Not problems as a receiver or his attitude or work ethic. Keep him away from returning duties

AcresHomesTexan

Staff member
The problem he had in Green Bay was fumbling as a returner. Not problems as a receiver or his attitude or work ethic. Keep him away from returning duties

8 catches in 26 pro games suggest Amari wasn't thought of much as a WR or slot by the Packers. I am for these types of waiver claims, Rodgers has done as next to nothing as realistically possible.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Can you imagine what it must feel like to be cut by a team and to lose your job in the NFL and THEN find out that the team that claimed you was the Houston Texans? Talk about a kick in a groin when you just had the rug pulled out from under you..
& then even they don't target you on Sunday

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
it takes weeks to get acclimated and learn a playbook. Ain’t that right Baker?
Another case of a good coaching staff vs what's down on Kirby. It's sad that the only reason a guy like me wants to keep Lovie around is so they can be terrible next yr and draft their QB in 2024.

• Sad
Reactions: JB

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Which makes no sense whatsoever because we don’t know if those quarterbacks will pan out either.
It’s a year closer to getting the coaches fired. Bring in some offensive minds to mold a young QB.

It’s just a waiting game for all the suck to go down the drain. First OB, then Watson, then Easterby, then Pep, then Lovie. The meantime drafting players and money becomes available for FA signing. Hopefully we get a brilliant offensive/defensive mind to come here.

Stefanski may be looking for an OC position soon.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It’s a year closer to getting the coaches fired. Bring in some offensive minds to mold a young QB.

It’s just a waiting game for all the suck to go down the drain. First OB, then Watson, then Easterby, then Pep, then Lovie. The meantime drafting players and money becomes available for FA signing. Hopefully we get a brilliant offensive/defensive mind to come here.

Stefanski may be looking for an OC position soon.
You still can do that. Have whoever you draft sit back and learn the game. The new coach can come in and do their thing.
And let’s be honest here, Pep has worked with some top level quarterbacks before and they were successful. Mills on the other hand is not on those type of quarterbacks level. Big step down to what he’s coached before.

Texansballer74

The Marine
It comes down to who I believe are the much better prospects. The 2024 class is the better class IMHO. So I would rather wait than go the instant gratification route you want to go in.
It’s not who I believe in, it’s who Caserio believe is the future franchise quarterback for this team. Since he’s done a good job at drafting prospect for this team. I’ll be all for it.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
It comes down to who I believe are the much better prospects. The 2024 class is the better class IMHO. So I would rather wait than go the instant gratification route you want to go in.
And if you wait and you aren't in a position to draft one of the top 4 QB's in '24? And it doesn't pan out in '25? And on and on and on, which so far has been the Texan's history.

Seriously what is your plan if you don't select a top QB when you are in the driver's seat? How are you planning to ensure you are in a position to select your QB in '24?

What if your draft picks in '23 (build the trenches) and a vet bridge QB get the Texans to 5 wins? You can't ensure you can find a trade partner at 1 or 2. What if one of the top guys regresses and isn't impressive (Rattler waves at the crowd - and many others like him)?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
And if you wait and you aren't in a position to draft one of the top 4 QB's in '24? And it doesn't pan out in '25? And on and on and on, which so far has been the Texan's history.

Seriously what is your plan if you don't select a top QB when you are in the driver's seat? How are you planning to ensure you are in a position to select your QB in '24?

What if your draft picks in '23 (build the trenches) and a vet bridge QB get the Texans to 5 wins? You can't ensure you can find a trade partner at 1 or 2. What if one of the top guys regresses and isn't impressive (Rattler waves at the crowd - and many others like him)?
Caserio isn’t going to get to pick top 3 three years in a row with 3 (or more) HCs. He will be motivated to get this team competitive next season. If he is even around for next offseason.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
In the last 15 years, how many times has the best QB in the draft been drafted 1 or 2?

Texansballer74

The Marine
It doesn’t matter which QB gets drafted by this coaching staff. They are doomed to failure.
The Giants went through something similar with their previous coaching staff. Now that they have a good coach, look at how their quarterback and team is playing. You can get rid of this coaching staff after next season. And bring a good one. Things could get better. On the flip side you can bring in a quarterback in 24 with a new coaching regime. And they could still perform like crap out there.