Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans claim Eno Benjamin

Porky

Hall of Fame
McDaniels is a horrible HC. I want nothing to do with him here, so imho we dodged a bullet if that was Nick’s target.

texian makes a great point as to the Kirby Dr boardroom. I would lay money that Texian would make a better GM than Nick. No idea who he is, his background or creds, but I’d place a wager on it.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
So who was NC's guy? No one thought Brian Flores was going to get fired. It came as a complete shock to everyone. The Flores firing is what got Culley fired. You're correct that the Flores lawsuits ended any possibilities. If NC had a guy it was Josh McDaniels. Even @steelbtexan was promoting McDaniels for most of 2021 as the next Texans head coach in 2022. The problem there is McDaniels did not want to talk to the Texans.
Imagine that. I can't imagine why? :sarcasm:
I think it was McDaniels also until Flores was fired. There is a reason that Culley was fired right after Flores was. No one was anticipating McDaniels leaving to go to Raiders

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Really?

QB
Comp%
Yards
Y/A
TD/INT
Passer Rating
Lance​
69%​
249​
10.8​
2/1​
116.0​
Mills​
65%​
163​
5.1​
1/1​
75.4​

Interesting way of thinking.
OK it looks like Lance did edge out our guy in that game, but it was close and I'll still take Mills for a third-ruond pick vs
Lance for two or more first rounders.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
As it stands right now, Mills is one of the worst QBs in football and Lance has started 4 games.
A QB that can be healthy to play the game at the worst level is still better than the QB who doesn’t see the field. Have to play to get the stats, bad or good.

Interesting - Lance hasn’t played a full season of football since his 2019 college season. Prior to that year he didn’t play either.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A QB that can be healthy to play the game at the worst level is still better than the QB who doesn’t see the field. Have to play to get the stats, bad or good.

Interesting - Lance hasn’t played a full season of football since his 2019 college season. Prior to that year he didn’t play either.
True

And very interesting

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
You saying the GM doesn’t hire the coaches doesn’t make it so. And it might also be a matter of semantics. Technically no GM hires a HC. They beat the bushes for the best candidates, sort through them, get interviews for their top choices, owner would usually sit in on those and ask questions as well….then a decision is made after the GM recommends. That final decision might vary team to team, but ultimately yes the owner “hires” the new HC. That doesn’t mean the GM bears no responsibility. This is why most GM’s get two HC’s to get it right, and very rarely a 3rd.
Same thing I posted

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
As it stands right now, Mills is one of the worst QBs in football and Lance has started 4 games.
Trey Lance, the third overall pick in the 2021 his Draft, will be going into his third season in the NFL in the 2023 season with a grand total of four starts in his football career since he playing in college in 2020.
I dunno wonder what his value would be when the NFL market opens for trades again ?