Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans claim Eno Benjamin

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

This move makes sense for Houston, which is still in the early stages of a lengthy rebuild. At 1-7-1, the Texans sit not only in pole position for next year’s No. 1 overall pick — though, it is early obviously — but they can win waiver battles by virtue of this record. The Texans have found a potential long-term starting back this year, in fourth-round rookie Dameon Pierce, but Benjamin can perhaps provide a complementary presence.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to like Caserio a little more
This is kind of a no brainer

I think the optimism department has more sellers than buyers right now. LOL

If this guy is good enough to keep Berkhead from being on the field half the game then I'm good with it.
  • Rex Burkhead - 2022
    ATTYDSAVGTDLNGRECYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

• Eno Benjamin - 2022
  • ATTYDSAVGTDLNGRECYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

edo783

Hall of Fame
The real question in my opinion is, will Lovie see him as better than Burkhead? Say what you want, but Lovie trust Burkhead in the passing game. I'm really sure why, because from what shave seen, Pierce seems to do pretty well picking up blitzers and can catch the outlet pass. Some coaches just automatically shy away from rookies in critical situations, so maybe that's what we are seeing. The new guys stats certainly look better. Does he have good speed and power?

Reactions: JB

Texian

Hall of Fame
The real question in my opinion is, will Lovie see him as better than Burkhead? Say what you want, but Lovie trust Burkhead in the passing game. I'm really sure why, because from what shave seen, Pierce seems to do pretty well picking up blitzers and can catch the outlet pass. Some coaches just automatically shy away from rookies in critical situations, so maybe that's what we are seeing. The new guys stats certainly look better. Does he have good speed and power?
Is now when we start the debate between casario or Lovie Smith making a decision to cut a player?
My reading of the Eno signing is this was a Pep and Barrett decision. Lovie supports his Offensive Coordinator, says it's his call, and tells Caserio to claim Eno off the waiver wire.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
People all over Houston this morning are calling Gallery Furniture to see what kind of Texans-Super Bowl promotion Mack is cooking up in the wake of this signing.

Still, kind of cool to see a Texans GM not asleep at the wheel when a possibility to get better presents itself.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
People all over Houston this morning are calling Gallery Furniture to see what kind of Texans-Super Bowl promotion Mack is cooking up in the wake of this signing.

Still, kind of cool to see a Texans GM not asleep at the wheel when a possibility to get better presents itself.
This one was cheap. Kinda like the GM.

Texian

Hall of Fame
It really won't hurt your Caserio is the worst GM in the league stance by him credit for making a pretty obvious waiver claim.
I just call them as I see them. I have said on several occasions that Caserio is a good facilitator. If he wasn't he would not have been Belichick's facilitator for as long as he was. As long as Caserio has someone directing him on what needs to be done, he does very well.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Hopefully this points to a day when the Texans GM won't waste draftpicks on players before they hit the waiver, then cut them before training camp.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
He's going to get between 10-15 touches which is much more than he was getting in the desert after Conner returned.
He’d get 10-15 touches if this offense could consistently string together drives. I see him getting 6-8 touches per game. Better than Burkhead’s current count. And hopefully keeps Pierce down to around 18-20 touches per game consistently.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What have you seen from the Texans offense this year that makes you believe that?

I know we'd like to see him getting 10-15 snaps, but watch them cut Ogunbowale & put Eno on STs
Look back at the 1st couple of games of Burkheads usage and I could see Eno eventually being used like that. Plus as the season/losing goes on, I could see Pierce getting a couple of series off a game.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Pierce came into the league from Florida with very little tread taken off his tires. If Eno can help keep him that way for another year, I feel like that would be a positive. I know Pierce is exciting and we all want to see him run but he's not running towards anything meaningful with this team. Might as well save him for another year by limiting his touches this year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Pierce came into the league from Florida with very little tread taken off his tires. If Eno can help keep him that way for another year, I feel like that would be a positive. I know Pierce is exciting and we all want to see him run but he's not running towards anything meaningful with this team. Might as well save him for another year by limiting his touches this year.
Exactly